Compatibility Checker

When I save a Excel 2007 worksheet with settings for an Excel 2003 file, the
compatibility checker comes up and says the following:

"Some cells or styles in this worksheet contain formatting that is not
supported by the selected file format.  These formats will be converted to
the closest format available."

(not very helpful or informative)

Ok, so now I know what the problem is, but just how do I find out which
cells are the offending formats?  The file has multiple tabs, but is generaly
formatted with common fonts - nothing fancy.  I have a few shaded cells, but
I am using standard colors that are available in Excell 2003.

Is there a feature to show me what the compatibilty checkier is seeing?

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

Add in Compatibility with Outlook 2007
Hi all, If it is the wrong forum, where i posted, please ignore it. We have an addin application developed using VS 2003 on Outlook 2003. This is a VS COM addin, and works perfect on Outlook 2003. We used Office XP PIA. I have not tried Office 2007 yet. But can any one tell me is the same addin build will work on Outlook 2007. Or what are the complecacies if not. I am really afraid, do I need to develop all the stuffs again with VSTO or some other technology. Please suggest. thanks in advance. sumit If your addin runs in Outlook 2003 it should run in Outlook 2007. You'll have to ...

Compatibility Checker dialog box needs to state workbook referred
The Excel Compatibility Checker dialog box in Excel 2007 (which warns of features in a workbook which aren't supported by earlier versions of Excel which may be lost if the file is saved in an earlier format, e.g. Excel 2003) currently doesn't say which workbook it is referring to. This is a problem when using a .net or VBA program from Excel to manipulate other Excel files. In our case we have a custom toolbar that reads in data from another Excel file of the user's choice, and writes to this file, the Excel Compatibility Checker dialog box pops up to warn "minor loss...

server compatability
I want to route my form results to a data base, i have 'access' so I wanted to use that . I checked with my server host whether they had microsoft data access components - they informed they didnt as it was a linux server but they had a window server that handle ODBC drivers or i could use MYSQL on either server. what is OBDC does there answer suggest i cannot or can use 'access' on their server? what is MYSQL? Thanks for taking a look at my question Dave MySQL is a (free) server-based database management system (just as SQL Server and Oracle are, although it's not...

OS Compatability with Exchange 2003
When I install Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, I get a compatibility issue warning. I get the same error when launching Exchange 2003 SP1. The error is below. I continue have successful set up exchange on the server. Nothing at the link sticks out at me, anyone know what this is about? Exchange Server 2003 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For more information, refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=37488. "John Hiebert" <john.hiebert@okstate.edu> wrote in news:OQk1vUDUFHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl: > When I in...

MS Word 2000 compatibility with Windows 7
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium from Vista Home Premium. After a week or so, Word 2000 has stopped functioning. Program opens, but there is no cursor, and Task Manager says Word is not responding. I cannot open any document created by Word 2000. Is my only option to upgrade to Word 2007, and spend even more money? See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>...

Backwards Compatibility
Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visio 2002 The file format between Visio 2000 and Visio 2002 is the same. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Matt" <matt.burton@linklaters.com> wrote in message news:0d4901c3b3fd$ce8bebc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of any backward compatibility problems > when upgrading from Visio 2000 too Visi...

Compatible Product
Hi, I am currently a Quicken user an have been with wuicken for over 8 years. I am really happy with it. Since I plan on moving to UK next year, I just found out that Intuit no longer have UK version of quicken. This is not forcing me to move to a different product. Are Money US and UK products compatible? I like to do online-banking extensivly so instead of just using a US version in UK, I rather have a version that can connect to banks etc. If Money is not the product I want, can anyone recommend the best product that people in UK use? Thanks. Like Quicken Money is heavily loca...

Excel and MSworks. Compatible?
Hello, (this may have been posted twice. This is my first post here. pleas bear with me.) I have a question about the compatibility of excel spreadsheet "talking" to MSworks files, and vice versa. 1. I was wondering if it is possibly to have an MSworks file (used as database) to give an excel file information, but not all of it, jus the items in the database that fall into a certain criteria. From there I would like to do further calculations with the items. 2. And vice versa, I was wondering if I have info in numerous exce files and I want the MSworks file to be able to read...

Is Publisher 2003 compatable with Vista?
I work with 2 laptop's and one is XP and the other is Vista i need to use publisher on the Vista and want to know can i download publisher onto the Vista one?? Will Office XP conflict with Vista? What are my options, as i have my web site produced in Publisher? Thanks for any advice Yes, Publisher 2003 is compatible with Vista. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Scorpion" <Scorpion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCAFB2B8-1B1D-4653-93CF-4B66F628642E@microsoft.com... >I ...

Are Shortcuts compatible with CFileDialog?
[MSVC++ .NET, MDE 2002 7.0.9466] When using a CFileDialog to select multiple files which include shortcuts (.lnk's) or "Shell Links", GetNextPathName returns invalid pathnames, like this: E:\temp\bunch_of_links\E:\temp\real_files\foo.dat When 'normal' files are selected, the contents of the lpstrFile buffer used to store the selected filenames contains something like: "E:\temp\real_files[NULL]E:\temp\real_files\foo.dat[NULL]..." But if shortcuts are selected, the buffer contents are something like: "E:\temp\bunch_of_links[NULL]E:\temp\real_files\...

Publisher 2007 backward compatibility
Can you open Publisher 2002 files in the 2007 version? I am wondering whether I should upgrade. Also, does Microsoft have Publisher program for the Mac? Mark S. wrote: > Can you open Publisher 2002 files in the 2007 version? I am wondering > whether I should upgrade. Also, does Microsoft have Publisher program for > the Mac? Yes, Yes and No. Publisher 2007 opens Publisher 2002 files, and saves in that format too, so you can open your Publisher 2007 files in Publisher 2002. You should upgrade. There is no Mac version of Publisher, although I'd assume that Intel Macs ...

Office compatibility pack stopped working
I am using MS Word 2003 SP3. Downloaded Compatability Pack for 2007 months ago. It worked just great until this morning. No events that should have caused any changes. When I double click the Word 2007 document, MS Word opens, along with the "Convert File From" dialog box. I select "Word 2007 Document" and "OK". Then an error message from MS Word pops up: "There was an error opening the file". Not exactly helpful. I rebooted server and my computer. Uninstalled Compatibility Program. Downloaded and reinstalled Compatibility Program...

Visio 2007 Compatability
I just loaded Visio 2007. When I launched the program, I got a display indicating "Visio not compatable" with my Windows XP Home. I ran Compatability Wizard and selected Windows 2000 (my guess) for compatability. I still get the "not compatable" notice. How do I make Visio 2007 compatable with my Windows XP Home? Or do I even need to bother? That's very strange. I'm running Visio 2007 on Windows XP Home right now. It's a very common configuration. Are you prompted to download an additional component? -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microso...

Exchange 2003 compatibility with SharePoint 2010??
Is Exchange 2003 compatible with SharePoint Foundation 2010?? Or must we upgrade to Exchange 2010?? Thank you, Tom If you're simply wondering if SharePoint can use Exchange 2003 to send e-mail through, the answer is yes. All SharePoint needs is any old SMTP service to pass mail through. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "tom12010" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:908e218a-6827-4fcb-a65b-2621b60c805c@o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Is Exchange 2003 compatible with SharePoint Foundation 2010?? > Or...

Word 2007 Spelling Checker options disabled (greyed out)
Word 2007 Proofing. An Exceptions is automatically created for my document: the Hide spelling errors in this document only option is checked. I cannot change the setting because it is greyed out. How do I make that setting active again? Also, in AutoCorrect options, the Automatically use suggestuions form the spelling checker is greyed out. Also greyed out: the Plain text and Formatted text options in the Replace text as you type section. Experiencing the exact same. Ever get a solution? Looked on the web and see similar experiences from others - no solution. "S...

Windows Firewall Backward Compatibility
I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward compatibility? Regards James James wrote: > I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work > also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? > In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward > compatibility? They practically always do. It's extremely rare for Microsoft to disable previously supported API. But the best way to know for sure is ju...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 compatable?
I've installed windows 7 that I bought with my dell back in Nov. 2009, and since installing the windows 7, I can't seem to retreive my email through outlook. I can retreive my emails from the same email accounts from my other computer that has outlook 2007 and a different version of windows, and they both have the same sittings, or did before the installation on this pc. Now when I click send/recieve I get the error msg. about pop and smtp account. They have the correct settings as before and even reinstated them in outlook after having this issue, but still can't ...

Compatible IR blaster for Win7 MCE 64bit
I am looking for an IR blaster for windows 7 64 bit. I want to allow media center to control my comcast DTA so media center can change the channel for scheduled recordings. I am having trouble finding an online listing for a remote-IR blaster combo that explicitly states it is win7 compatible Setup: Comcast DTA to avermedia USB TV tuner (this works fine, but mediacenter sees the tv tuner as always tuned to channel 4, since I have no IR controller that MCE recognizes) windows 7 64bit I have an MCE compatible remote (adesso ARC 1100) but no IR blaster Thanks in adva...

Clarification about Vista, and multiple core Cpu's compatability.
Hi, I was reading on the Windows Vista site at: ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/home-premium.aspx ), "While all editions of Windows Vista can support multiple core CPUs, only Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise can support dual processors." This is at the bottom of the page in the Additional requirements part. So what exactly does this mean? I run an AMD 64 Athlon x 2. Which is apparently 2Ghz or 2000Mhz. Windows 32-bit. Do I have a dual processor? The upgrade advisor said I can take The Home premium version (which I...

Mainstone III BSP for CE6 R2: Compat. with Mainstone II h/w?
Does anyone know if running Mainstone III BSP (from CE6 R2) on a Mainstone II should have any issues with DMA, or DMA Interrupts? Shortly after inserting a SDIO WLAN card, the SDHC driver, I see an Assertion failure within SDHC IST thread. (NOTE that same driver works with CE5 BSP for the Mainstone II): 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e SDHCIST: Interrupt: 0x00000001 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e SDHCIst: MMC_IREG_DATA_TRAN_DONE 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file C: \WINCE600\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\PXA27X_MS_V1\SDHC\.\SDControl.c at line 1561 ---...

Compatibility!!
Hi: I use at present Outlook express and I'd like to use microsoft outlook only that I think tnat it won't browse the attached files in a message sent using Outlook express. Is that right? See you ...

Do you use OpenOffice and do you find it is not compatible with Office Word?
I've heard that Open Office is at best "99%" the same as Office Word, but I'm concerned with it being 100%, since many of my Word documents are complex. Anybody have experience in OpenOffice with complex documents? Is it true that somethings just won't translate properly to and from Office Word? Thanks, RL On 4/6/2010 3:59 PM, RayLopez99 wrote: > I've heard that Open Office is at best "99%" the same as Office Word, > but I'm concerned with it being 100%, since many of my Word documents > are complex. > > Anybody have e...

version compatibility when serializing and deserializing
Hi! Here is some text. "You might have version compatibility issues if you ever attemp to deserialize an object that has been serialized by an earlier version of your application, Specilically if you add a member to a custom class and attempt to deserialize an object that lacks that member, the runtime will throw an exeption. In other words if you add member to a class in version 3.1 of your application it vill not be able to deserialize an object created bt version 3.0 of your application." I seems to me that the text saying "Specilically if you add a member ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Compatibility View
Ever since updating to IE8 I have been confounded by the Compatibility View "feature". The most atrocious example was just this morning when my blogging was interrupted to refresh the page into compatibility view not once, but twice, several minutes apart; a page which had several photos and took forever to load on dialup. I should also mention that the website this most often occurs on is a modern, popular, state-of-the-art enterprise and after the supposed "change" via CV the page is exactly as it was prior to the refresh. Is there a way to disable CV and i...