comparing two spread sheets #2

In spread sheet "A" and "B" the last names are in column B and first names are in column C.  I want EXCEL to tell me if the names (a name consist of a last and first name) on spread sheet "B" or in spread sheet "A" spread sheet "A" may or may not already contain the names in spread sheet "B".  How do you do this is EXCEL?
0
L (105)

Hi
one way: enter the following array formula (entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in column D of spreasheet A:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(1,('sheetB'!$B$1:$B$1000=B1)*('sheetB'!$C$1:$C$1000=C1),
0)),"not in sheet B","duplicate")
and copy this down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tim L wrote:
> In spread sheet "A" and "B" the last names are in column B and first
> names are in column C.  I want EXCEL to tell me if the names (a name
> consist of a last and first name) on spread sheet "B" or in spread
> sheet "A" spread sheet "A" may or may not already contain the names
> in spread sheet "B".  How do you do this is EXCEL?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

sorting and protection #2
Hi folks, Anyone know of a way I can prevent people selecting a whole column when they sort? the problem is that when people do this the surnames become separated from the first names. I realise this can be overcome by clicking in a cell rather than selecting a column, so I wolud like to make selecting more than 1 cell for a sort impossible. To compound matters I cannot protect the whole sheet as people need to put in info. Help! Many thanks, Danny I think it's more of a training issue. But for the most part, I try to make sure I select my complete range (all the columns...

Convert number into words #2
Hi, Can any one help me to convert numeric into words (without Currency USD, EURO, just words), e. g., 15,015.27 Fifteen thousand fifteen and twenty seven only Rgds Blackwar Blackwar, have a look here for how to do it, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Blackwar" <Blackwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C81ED27F-49A4-40A6-91E5-5ED1A9...

IMAP4SVC does not start #2
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

Chart automation #2
I have a spredsheet that keeps track of a number of sales items for every month. These sales numbers are also used for the sources in a chart that will give me a visual picture of what is going on. So, if the spreadsheet has numbers in A1 to C3, the source will be A1:C3 Each month I will add a new row to the spreadsheet for the new set of numbers. Then in the chart I will have to manually change the source to A1:C4 and so on for each new month. Is there a way to automatically have the chart to know that there is a new row in the spreadsheet and automaically add that new row to the so...

Received/Not Invoiced #2
Has anybody come across a situation where the Smartlist>>Purchase Orders>>Received Purchase Orders would not show a PO that had a valid Receiving against it without an Invoice. It is a Blanket PO and was received against the right line on the PO - however both open lines of the same item on the PO show as Released and the Smartlist only shows Received status PO's. The odder thing is it does show up on the PO Analysis>>Received/Not Invoiced report. Anybody come across this before. Thanks Was the PO manually closed? That would be a reason the receipt doesn't ap...

Outlook synchronization error #2
Good evening, we are using Outlook 2003 and MS exchange 2003 with all the patches and updates. We are having this reoccurring problem with a number of users. So far we have tried the following: rebuilt the profiles, the database as well as the OST with no luck. The message mentioned under "Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Conflicts' appears actually in the inbox! The link provided with the error takes you to the Microsoft support site and there is no solution there. We will be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this. Here is the error: 20:14:15 ...

stacked bar charts #2
I'm trying to compare timeliness performance across several different courts. I have data showing me how many cases are completed in each court in intervals such as 0- 35 days, 36-71 days... I want to be able to stack this info vertically for each court, giving a total of 100% of cases completed for each court. Then I want to be able to compare the courts horizontally so I can see, for example, which courts are clearing large %'s of very old cases, or very young cases. Suggestions welcome. ...

Replacing our Server running W2K AS/Exchange 5.5 with our 2 new servers running W2K3S.
Our current network has one of the server running Windows 2000 Advance Server with Active Directory and Exchange Server 5.5 installed on it. We are about to replaced them with two servers, one running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and acting as the Domain Controller and the other one also is running W2kS3 with Exchange Server 2003 installed on it. These 2 new servers are running on a private network and our plan is to unplug the current server (W2K AS with Exchange Server 5.5) and replace them with the new 2 servers. We have tested the 2 servers and are working fine, but our conce...

Compare incoming FROM display name to contact
We send txt to cell phones from outlook, we have these cell users in our contacts as well, (example: phonenumber@carrier.com) is named JOE, when JOE reply’s from his cell phone the FROM display name showing in outlook from the cell phone shows numbers (example: phonenumer@carrier.com) how can I make it show the name JOE that I have for it in my contacts? or maybe some script can compare it to a list in a file and then re-write the info to outlook. Thanks The Outlook mail.SenderName property is read-only in the Outlook object model. You would need to use a lower level API ...

Select all Sheets Error
Hi, I tried to select all sheets in a database i have by having this macro: Sub Test() Sheets.Select End Sub but there is an error "Runtime Error 1004 - Method 'select' of object 'Sheets' failed". However, when I open a new workbook and do this, the macro works. Why? Regards, Val Hi Val You have hidden sheets in that workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143701c4a607$2fe2c870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I tried to select all sheets ...

Have a text box 'float' over a sheet
Dear all, Is it possible, in Excel 2007, to have a text box 'float' over a sheet so that it doesn't move when you scroll the sheet? "Don't move or size with cells" doesn't seem to have this effect. Reasoning: I have a report that is updated frequently but irregularly, and I want the date of most recent update to be visible at all times, regardless of what part of the sheet is being viewed. I'd like to anchor my text box to the window (or something else that doesn't usually move) rather than to a location in the document, if you see what...

send email #2
Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? see www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gall" <gall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6224A2FB-B9EF-4599-ACF9-31B485269F17@microsoft.com... > Can Excel automaticly send an email message to an > adress contained in a cell when another cell contains the specific text? > > ...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

Hide Address List #2
I have create an address list of contacts in the ESM. I have granted full control to the following: Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Exchange Domain Servers SYSTEM As a member of the Domain Admins group, I am able to see the address list as well as list its contents in Outlook. When I log in on a test workstation with a test user, I am still able to see the list but not list its contents in Outlook. The test user is a member of only the Domain Users group. What more must I do to prevent the address list from even showing up in the list of address lists in Outlook for the test use...

Great Plains and SQL Replication #2
Does anyone know anyone who is using One Way Transactional Replication with Great Plains? We don't need standby, we need Read Only at a different location than where GP is running. Thanks. Contact me at 512.347.9399x109 Also - Here is a White Paper on GP and SQL 2000 Replication. Officially, Replication of any type is not supported and the "resource" who wrote this white paper is no longer available. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;329185&Product=sql Here is some information from a Microsoft Consultant on One-Way Transactional Replicati...

Get the difference of two values which are on the same row , on t.
Hi, If I want to maintain my daily expenditure on the worksheet of Excel, I need to enter some data on the same day ( or same row of the sheet ) as shown below: Example : Date Money in hand Expenditure Balance 15-10-2007 2800.00 500.00 I should get the balance as 2300.00 on the Balance column. How can I get it on the sheet automatically, after filling first 03 columns? Best Regards. Piya ...

Assertion error #2
void CJeevanDlg::OnFileOpen() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here int count=0; char buffer[10000]; CString str;str="jeev"; CFileDialog dlg(true,".txt","jeevan"); int x= dlg.DoModal(); str=dlg.GetFileName(); if(!f.Open(str,CFile::modeRead)) CJeevanDlg::OnCancel(); f.Read(buffer,sizeof(buffer)); int p=f.GetLength(); UpdateData(false); buffer[p]=NULL; m_value=buffer[p]; m_ctrl.SetWindowText(buffer); } The error that occurs is that the dialog that is launched using CFileDialog is giving a assertion when i press the cancel button. ...

Windows mail #2
The full picture shows up in the body of an e-mail as well as the paper clip attachment. what can i do to stop this I don't think you can., but you'll need to check in the microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail newsgroup to be sure. (this newsgroup is for outlook.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.C...

Moving Transactions #2
Is there a way to move transactions up or down in a list? When I import my account information and have many transaction on the same date, sorting by date, I would like to be able to list those transation in a particular order. Let's say on 4/5 I had 3 transactions a withdrawal, a deposit, and another withdrawal imported in that order. Is there a way to move the deposit up in the list to be the first transaction for that day? In microsoft.public.money, lumaduc wrote: >Is there a way to move transactions up or down in a list? When I import my >account information and have m...

Adding email Accounts #2
Does anyone know how to set up accounts for yahoo or hotmail in Outlook XP? For Hotmail, select the account type as http. For Yahoo, see their help files online. You must be using their paid service to use it in Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sandy asked: | Does anyone know how to set up accounts for yahoo or | hotmail in Outlook XP? ...

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP! #2
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

How can I get "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2" for chang .xls .
I am tring to convert exel data ".xls to jpg" in order to convert the file I need to have" Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disc 2". I have purchased microsoft office 2003 proffessional. Did you have Office 2000 previously? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "susan" <susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF001A7A-723F-4008-AC19-6BBA7EE2E6ED@microsoft.com... >...

#5.2.3 error code
the error code is abc.domain.com #5.2.3 abc.domain.com is sender side server does it mean that the email is restricted at sender side server, not recipient side server? Thanks a lot. tony http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:eswLeFpmKHA.5612@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > the error code is > abc.domain.com #5.2.3 > > abc.domain.com is sender side server > > does it mean ...

Cell not being imported from another sheet
HI. I'm having a strange problem when exporting cells from one excel fil into a blank excel file. If data from the cells in the original star with a letter, then the new excel file just creates an empty cell. I it starts with a number it fills the cell just fine. both the blank and original cell formats are default. This just simple excel file with no expansive or tricky stuff to it. Please help. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi how are you exporting your data? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > HI. > > I'm having a strange pr...

5.5.2.RCPT TO Syntax error
Everuthing is working fine until today and the error message arrived. Checked with Time Warner, I can receive but not send - I urgently need to resolve this problem with Leopard OS. Mu question is the same as the previous post on this list below. I am also on roadrunner and using entourage and am having this same problem as of today, Help! dgawlik wrote: 5.5.2.RCPT TO Syntax error 09-Dec-09 Everuthing is working fine until today and the error message arrived. Checked with Time Warner, I can receive but not send - I urgently need to resolve this problem with Leopard OS....