Comparing first and last names in two lists

I have two data sources that each contain about 8000 names in seperate
fields for first and last name.  I can put them on seperate worksheets
or append one to the other.  I need to make them match and find out
where they don't.  Messed with consolidate but not sure if that will
work for more than one column at a time.  FYI data set one is from a
school transportation database and data set two is from the main
student database from the same school district.

time compare
i need an example of how to code a time comparison. i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 minutes from the current time. i appreciate your help. thanks, mcnewsxp On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:25:43 -0400, "Michael Courter" <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote: >i need an example of how to code a time comparison. >i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 >minutes from the current time. >i appreciate your help. >thanks, >mcnewsxp > Difftime() -ralph Michael Courter wrot...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

assign cell content as file name
I am attempting to create a macro that will save a workbook with the file name under which I save the workbook coming from the contents of one of the cells in the workbook. Suppose that each time the workbook was altered, a specific cell (A1 on Sheet1 for instance) contained the desired file name for that workbook. It is my goal to create a macro that automatically assigns said workbook a name based on the content of that cell. Any help would be most appreciated. Something like??? dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\temp\" & thisworkbook.worksheets("sheet1"...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

How to have combo list sorted
I have set the following data name: =OFFSET(Par!$D$2,0,0,COUNTA(Par!$D$2:$D$201)-COUNTBLANK(Par!$D$2:$D$201),1) How to get all data in the right onummeric order? It seems to be with offset($D$2,0,0,counta($D:$201),1).... likely looks like the upperformula I use. But the combo is not sorted when I use it. Bart You would have to sort the source data: Whatever's in this range Par!$D$2:$D$201 needs to be sorted. Biff "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166147791.194106.272500@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have set the following data name...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

How can I combine data from a list?
For example: suppose I had a very simple list, with two columns: "Name" and "Number". The category "name" has three items: Dog, Cat, and Dog. Each of those three items has a corresponding "number" value: 3, 4, and 5. I'm trying to find a function that would recognize the fact that I have "Dog" listed twice, and would sum the 3 & 5 values listed next to each "Dog", leaving me with a two-item list: Dog, 8 & Cat, 4. Is there a way to do this? A Pivot Table will do that nicely for you: Set the Name as a ROW and the ...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Payables Transaction Edit List
Our customer had the following error print on the Payables Transaction Edit List: **ERROR: One of more landed costs need to be apportioned.Document Total. This prevented the user from posting the batch. The batch went into Batch Recovery. However, the error message did not appear when logged in as 'sa' and 'sa' was able to post the batch. This customer does not even own the landed cost module. Plus, this was an A/P invoice, not a POP invoice. Why was this message appearing? ...

CTreeCtrl::DeleteAllItems requires resetting the image list, why?
If I call a CTreeCtrl's DeleteAllItems method it seems that I also have to set the controls image list again otherwise the control does nt show either the items icon or text. The following fails: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); Where as the following works: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); ...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Two different cells
I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that? Please help too many names to re-type Carlos Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last name... =A1&" "&B1 OR =B1&", "&A1 ....depending on your preference. Hope this helps! In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>, "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

How is the ease of use for salespeople compared to other tools?
With the goal of keeping it simple, it seems like there are a lot of steps, drop downs, etc. that slow up the inputting of information. Is there customization that is needed to speed this up would you think? is this a crm 1.2 or 3.0 question. Microsoft made a big effort to reduce the time to navigate around and input data in crm 3.0. you always have the option of building custom forms to allow you to enter data quickly then have these populate crm ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_co...

Contact lists from Excel
I imported my contact list from Excel, it worked just fine. But when I create a Distro list using my contact list, when I select add members nothing shows up in the window. ??? Can someone please help? Is the contact folder marked as an address book? Right click on the folder, select properties and then ensure the Address Book tab is checked to show up in contacts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim Panzee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I impor...

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...