comparing and compiling between sheets

Hello everyone,

I have two copies of the same spread sheet. The original
and a edited version. The edited version has one of each
row that was used on our project. The problem is that
whoever edited it removed columns as well. I would like
to make a copy of the original and compare that to the
edited one by the use of one common column. Then, delete
any line that does not have a matching entry in the
edited sheet.

So for example, in column A (titled part number) of the
master I have
100, 101, 102, 103,104

In the edited column A I have the values 100, 102, 103.

Is there a way to compare the two sheets and delete those
rows without matching enteries? Leaving me the copy of
the master with column A values of 100, blank/deleted,
102, 103, blank/deleted. I want to leave the entire row
in tact.

Keep in mine that I cannot simply match rows. The edited
sheet has been reduced and blank space sorted out of it.

Thanks for your help and please feel free to send an e-
mail if you need more info.
LWhite
0
lwhite (8)

Formating Sheets made in Code
Hi. I have a quick question. I have a workbook that makes new worksheets and renames the tabs based on a value in a column in sheet 1. I got this code from Ron here on this discussion group and it works great. He pointed me to http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm and I used the "create new sheets from unique values" code. What I would like to do is after these new sheets are created, apply a consistent formatting to all of them. The formatting is extensive and I currently have it on one worksheet named "FormatForSheets". I would love to be able to apply this form...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

data entry and saves it to sheet 2
Basically I need a simpler data entry with submit button and saves it on the sheet 2. I have 2 sheets: 1st sheet would be entry fields that I would enter data on, such as: Account Number, Company Name, Product, etc. after entering those fields I would just hit 'submit' or 'enter' then it says on Sheet 2. I really would like to impress my boss... so your help is much appreciated. :) thanks Saved from a previous post--you'll have to change your addresses: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim historyWks As Worksheet Dim inputWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long...

Exel 2002 freezes when opening sheet
Hi Have office XP, windows XP pro, latest service packs. When opening a word or exel document from the file/Open menu and select previous documents opened at the bottom of the menu the first time it takes forever and freezes the machine while waiting, after that it will open OK. Regards Grant ...

5 man can work simultaneous on a Sheet saved on a local server?
We are 5 people willing to work: edit/save simultaneous (if possible) on a Excel sheet saved on a local server. Any suggestion welcomed! Thanks a lot and compile succesfully! Share the workbook to make use of the multiple users to get connected. Press Alt+T+B and now Share Workbook Dialog box will appear and under the Edit Tab>>Check the ‘Allow changes by more than one user at the same time’ checkbox and give Ok. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Dan Tabla" wrote: > We are ...

unwanted borders when printing two pages per sheet
when i set the printer option to print 2 pages per sheet from publisher print setup i get a square border around each page. How can i stop this from printing? -- -pgb Are the lines visible in the publication? Are they crop marks? If they are the latter, you can turn that off in the print dialogue, advanced print settings, page settings tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pgb" <pgb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C2152AF-DD16-492E-86A7-A841FA5A107F@microsoft.com... > when i s...

using IF
Ok here is one for you. I posted this on another group, with no success. If you can help PLEASE respond. I sell items on ebay. I have learned how to create a few spreadsheets, and am using my new found knowledge to create logs of items I am selling or have sold. I have two sheets in my book that I am trying to link together in a way. If I list an item on ebay, and it does not sale, is there a way to have a cell realize this, and automatically take the name of this item, and put it into the next blank cell in the column, so I&#8217;ll know to relist it? I have TONKA TRUCK in ...

Name of the sheet where the formula result is
I use max()and min() in the result sheet to define the max and min values in 10 sheets where test data are. How can I display the sheet name of the result from the calculations? For example, if the result of max() is from sheet 1? Thanks a lot Catherine You will probably need a macro to search the sheets for the values. I would probably be a good idea to keep searching to the end of the las sheet to check for duplicates -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might not work for you, but I'd lay out part of my summary sheet like: Sheetname Max (this formula...

Removing "Send this Sheet" heading from Excel
How do I remove the "Send This Sheet" from my Excel WorkBook? Sub clearsendto() ThisWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob Benjamin" <benb@magma.ca> wrote in message news:GuSdnZVo2rS6JGKiRVn-ug@magma.ca... > How do I remove the "Send This Sheet" from my Excel WorkBook? > > > Don What/where is this "Send this sheet" that is referred to? I thought it might mean the "Send To" that is in the File menu but it doesn't remove that. Thanks for your help. Otto...

Comparing a date to todays date
I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end. It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows. I want to look at the date in col C and make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date. Any idea's? Rather than programming (which refers to using visual basic to manipulate the sheet) your request can be handled by using conditional formatting. You didn't mention whether you are using 2007 or 2003; I'll provide 2003 instructions here and you can adapt them to 2007 if needed. Select the first cell (C1 or C2, depending on whether you have a ...

How do I compare item text of combobox to one string
Hello all experts I have used combobox I ms Access like that Combobox.rowsource="xxxx" combobox.bound Column=2 Limit to List=yes all above it working but I can not get item text of this combobox,so How can I do can you healp me. Thank combobox.value "cambo" wrote: > Hello all experts > I have used combobox I ms Access like that > Combobox.rowsource="xxxx" > combobox.bound Column=2 > Limit to List=yes > all above it working but > I can not get item text of this combobox,so How can I do > can you healp me. > Thank > > > ...

::: Excel
Hello, Has any one a macro to suppress the blank lines of an Excel sheet (tab)? Many thanks in advance, Jacques Can be done without a macro. Select a column and F5>Special>Blanks>OK Format>Row>Hide. If you want a macro................ Sub HidEmptyRows() ''only if entire row is blank LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count Application.ScreenUpdating = False For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Hidden = True ' Rows(r).Delete End I...

compiling an Excel spreadsheet
Can you compile an Excel spreadsheet into an .exe file? Alex You may want to investigate the possibilities presented by Visual Baler. http://the-ciba.com/vbaler/vbaler.html I have never used it nor know anyone who has so cannot vouch for its functionality. You could also investigate the use of Visual Basic(not VBA) to create stand-alones. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:59:02 -0800, "Alex5" <Alex5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you compile an Excel spreadsheet into an .exe file? Years ago I used VB with lotus 2.3 to create stand alone programs....

Delete cells in Excel 2007 give a pop up: delete entire sheet row?
I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't give me that option. Why? On Jan 15, 1:51=A0pm, frogman7 <frogm...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't > give me that option. =A0Why? I found out some interesting info. The cells in question did not have any filters on them but the sheet did have a few cells that had filtering on them that is why I got the delete entire sheet row? pop up. I took the filter off of the few cells on the sheet and tried again and it worked. ...

Linking Cells from Multiple Sheets
Hello I have a workbook with 95 sheets containing information for different customers and I would like to extract information from 3 cells in each sheet to a 96th sheet to use this for a mailmerge document. Basically I want the information in B1 of all the sheets to copy to A2-A96 of the new sheet, i.e. Sheet 1 B1 Baker Sheet 2 B1 Toms Sheet 3 B1 Peters and what I would like on sheet 96 is A2 Baker A3 Toms A4 Peters etc I have tried to use indirect formulae but I cannot get it to work. Please can anyone point me in the right direction. TIA You haven't told us what you we...

Copying a formula with different sheet refs
I need to fill in the formula, "=IF(MAX(Sheet2!B5:B200)>(TODAY()-21),"not due","due")" in sheet1 from cell b2 to B200 but to change only the Sheet ref so that b3 refers to sheet3, and b4 refers to sheet4 and so on. When I try to fill down, Excel changes the range of cells, not the sheet nos and if I try to copy and paste, the same thing happens. Would be grateful of any help please. ...

If Name is checked on Sheet 1, mark appropriate column in Sheet 2??
We have a list of names on Sheet 1. If one of these people needs review, there is a column to place an X next to their name; typing the X makes their name show in another column. Like so: Name X? Yes Bob Sue X Sue Hal Edd X Edd Flo On Sheet 2 is an imported list of activity reports. One of the items on the imported list is the file path; from this we can extract the name into a helper column. I can use MATCH in Sheet 1 to look up the "Yes" names ("Sue" and "Edd") within the Name column on Sheet 2 and mark them so we can tell at...

comparing cells in one column to another #2
I found a way around this but copying the cell value from th spreadsheet to a temporary string variable. Then I compared tha temporary variable to the array. Is there a better way -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26325 ' This cycles through the target column and displays matches b reporting ' the array element with the corresponding value ' you can initiate the call :...

Comparing Quicksell 2000 and Microsoft POS
I have been using quicksell 2000. I had installed trial version of MS POS and one thing that I need most for wine store is Matrix item types and parent/child options for beer - 6pk/12pk. Also a box for selecting the " size " option in the item sections. Where do I find or activate all these 3 options. I'm not sure what you mean by "Size" option, but MS POS does not support any advanced item or transaction types. To keep these functions you need to select MS RMS instead. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------...

How to not have formula change after inserting column from another sheet
One file - a few sheets. I run a macro weekly to copy column B of my CURRENT PORTFOLIO sheet and insert that data between Col I and J (Moving older data to the right - off the screen.) I then populate col B with this weeks data. That works fine, BUT another sheet of that file ( GRAPH) uses that data to track a few moving averages. To keep the GRAPH sheet accurate, after the macro I then have to modify the contents for the SOURCE field of the graph because NOW $I$1 becomes $J$1 and $I$28 becomes $J$28. I can't use an INDIRECT command - I get an error. Name = Weekly Moving Average, ...

Copying Hyperlinks to different sheets.
OK- So I have set up an excel file with 50 different sheets (the states) and they all share an identical structure with different data. I have a hyperlink menu at the top of each sheet for all 5 of my major headings (which are in the same cell on each sheet). I am able to create the hyperlink menu with no problems at all. What I want to be able to do is take that menu and copy and paste it to the next sheet. The problem is that the hyperlink always shoots back to the original sheet (that I copied from) but to the right cell number (wrong sheet). I have tried creating a Macro but it alway...

copy paste sheet with validation
Hi, I have a write protected sheet with various validated drop-down boxes. I have to use this format in a macro code procedure that automatically fills up some of the non drop-down box fields. I copy-pasted the sheet into a new sheet to run the code..it works perfectly..except after the code is run..the values in the drop down boxes dissapear. The drop down boxes with the validated values have to stay put..but dont!! What should i do? Any suggestions? Hi if you'll like to post your code, we'll see if we can spot why this is occuring - also what version of excel are you using? C...

excel 2000 drop down from other work sheet
I cannot get my named range to work in a siuation where I am trying to do a drop down list form another work sheet in the same work book. I am in 2000 after working with xp and 2003 and I am hitting a wall. I want to be on sheet 1 and when in a cell click for drop down list with source data on sheet 2 what is the problem here why does it not see the named range. Thanik you but I resolved this issue with mr excel site "Todd F." wrote: > I cannot get my named range to work in a siuation where I am trying to do a > drop down list form another work sheet in the same ...

separate Undo for each individual sheet in a workbook?
Many times I find myself wanting to Undo commands done within a certain worksheet, without undoing other commands that might have been performed in other sheets in the meantime. However, if I have a couple of commands done in one sheet, then some other commands in another sheet, the Undo command will undo them all as if they were in the same list, without keeping track of the sheet where those commands were performed. Does anyone know a way to have separate Undo lists - one for each sheet of a workbook? Thanks! ...

<Send To> multiple sheets
I can send a workbook or a selected sheet to a recipient by pressing <File><Send To><Mail recipient>...but what if I don't want to send an entire workbook. Is there a way to send multiple sheets without sending them one at a time? Thanks in advance for your help! Steve This might be a backwards way to do it, but it has been effective for me: highlight all desired sheets - right click on one of the sheets - move or copy - under- 'to book': select (new book) and then MAKE SURE you click the check box 'create a copy'. This will copy all the desired sh...