Compare two lists of data to find new entries

I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams
activities with customers.  Each activity has a 'unique' reference.
My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the
new report to show the new 'activities'.
In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show
the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the
new activities.
0
Bugaglugs (2)

How about an alternative?

Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and
column A is the unique reference).

Then in B2 (Row 1 has headers???), put this formula:

=isnumber(match(a2,sheet2!a:a,0))

and drag down.

You'll end up with True's if there's a matching reference and False for no
match.

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that range--you can show the True/False as
you please.

--

Dave Peterson
0

archive data
I'd like to archive my previous years in another file. I tried the ARCHIVE option but what it is doing is deleting my 2003 transactions but i want to have a copy of my 2003 transactions. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, alex wrote: >I'd like to archive my previous years in another file. I >tried the ARCHIVE option but what it is doing is deleting >my 2003 transactions but i want to have a copy of my 2003 >transactions. The archive file is a copy of your Money file as it existed at the time of archive. Archiving is a bad idea for most people. See FAQ available...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

Column limit for Pivot Table data source
Is there a limit for the number of columns in a data source for a pivot table in Excel 2007? My data source is a table object with 80 columns. I can create a pivot table for the data, but upon trying to refresh it tell me there is too much data. If I reduce the columns by exactly 1, it works fine...limit of 79...very odd number. There doesn't seem to be. Put:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - into the F1 Search Facility. In the above topic there is a section called:- PivotTable and PivotChart report specifcations and limits Your specific question is not...

Can't see contacts folder in address list
We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our DCs are also Windows 2003. I have a user that is Local Administrator on her system and we just upgraded her system from Office 2000 to Office 2003. When she creates a new email msg. and clicks the "To:" button she can not see her "Contacts" folder as an address book option. When she right clicks on the Exchange "Contacts" folder in Outlook and goes to the "Properties" page then the "Outlook Address book" tab the option "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecke...

find table dependencies -- sql server 2000?
I can't remember how to list all the procedures/functions that reference a particular table (Sql Server 2000). Say I have a (real) table called tmpA, and I interact with tmpA in various procs and functions. How can I get a listing of all the procs/triggers/functions that use table tmpA? I was thinking "select * from SysDepends Where ..." but this uses an ID which if the tables even have an ID - how do I find it? Or if SysDepends isn't the way to go - what is the way? Thanks, Rich this seems to have yielded some results: select * from syscomments ...

Drop downs in Data Form
Hi there, I have been using the form option in the data menu to input info like a database. One of my columns is uses validation with a dropdown menu. Is there anyway to have that dropdown show up when inputting in forms? -- Gator9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gator9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484386 You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could disp...

i am new to outlook.
dt46dt46dt46 <dt46dt46dt46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How nice for you. -- Brian Tillman ...

Microsoft Word 2004 Mac, data mergeing with File Maker Pro 7 does not work
I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Maker Pro 7 documents. Appreciate any suggestions. In article <BDE1BECC.13E8%dolrac@nikotel.com>, Carlo Desimoni <dolrac@nikotel.com> wrote: > I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and > File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the > list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Ma...

Finding the value of a cell for another cell to equal a certain number
I'd like to find the value for a cell that would make another cell equal an exact number. Example: A1 = Find Formula A2 = (A1*6) A3 = SUM(A1:A2) I'd like to say for example, what value in A1 would have A3 equal to 35. This is a very simplified example and I hope someone can help. Thanks! ... LavaDude Active the Add-in called 'Solver'. Also check out 'Goal Seek' under the TOOLS option on the top menu. HTH, Gary Brown "LavaDude" <mikioi@TAKEOUTgte.net> wrote in message news:Xns95DEB4D58DCAmikioigtenet@216.168.3.44... > I'd like to fi...

Active X List Box
I am trying to add an active x list box to my spreadsheet. I want to be able to pick either yes or no from the list. I have added the box, but I don't know how to add the drop down options (yes or no). Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- dgrimes1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dgrimes1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29486 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491884 ...

Converting a foreign data base to Access
My friend uses something called "Alpha5" for a mailing list, and they do not have MS Access. Is there some way I can take their file and convert it for use on my PC which has ACCESS? As I understand it, Alpha5 does have an Export function. Any help would be appreciated, Tom Hi Tom, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. You will need to save the Alpha file as a file type that Microsoft Access can directly import. For example, as a Text, Excel, or DBase file. For a list of valid file types that you can import/export/link to in an Acc...

New line character
Hi , I have a table with data over 1 lak records . Few of these records have New line characters appended to them. Is there any way to remove this new line character? Thanks in advance Rohit -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Rohit, Use an update query with a criterion like this, where XXX is the name of the field. Right([XXX], 2) = Chr(13) & Chr(10) and an Update To expression like this Left([XXX], Len([XXX]) - 2) In SQL view it's something like UPDATE MyTable SET XXX = Left([XXX], Len([XXX]) - 2) WHERE Right([XXX], 2) = Chr(13) & Chr(10) ...

Establishing a new search engine
Hi, How do I establish a new search engine when the engine in question is not listed in the suggested engines? Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:3417e5b5-a475-47f5-b8a0-56fa7efa203d@k41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I establish a new search engine when the engine in question is > not listed in the suggested engines? Some possible helpful links: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc848862(VS.85).aspx http://www.enhanceie.com/IE/SearchBuilder.asp http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi...

Data labels not printing
I have a big bar chart that just barely fits on my page. Excel keeps dropping every other data label. I have it setup so everything fits niceley on the spreadsheet. Sometimes the print preview shows all labels visible but every other label does not print. Sometimes it prints fine on my machine but someone else prints the same file on another machine and half the labels are dropped. Is this some automatic feature I can turn off? -- BdgBill ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BdgBill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

How do I add a new domain to my exchange server?
How do I add a new domain to my exchange server? I have been browsing the menues to find where the domains from which I receive mail is set up - without any luck. Thanks in advance, Henning Have a look at the Recipient Policy. You can configure the environment to be responsible for a new domain using Recipient Policy. Then you can use SMTP address to address the user. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please d...

Extracting data from a zip file.
I have a *.dbf file, with what I assume to be about 140,000 records. How would I open this to extract all records? Thanks "Rodney" <rodney@touch88.com.au> schreef in bericht news:%23C7z8BJxEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a *.dbf file, with what I assume to be about > 140,000 records. > How would I open this to extract all records? > Thanks > > > Excel can handle .dbf (DBase File) extensions. But 140,000 records seems like it will cause a problem since there's only 65536 rows in a worksheet. merlin wrote: > > "Rodney"...

Data loss when saved as CSV
Hi, An Excel file contains data which comprises of Japanese characters. Using VBA, i read the .Xls file and save part of the data as anothe .CSV file. If i open the new CSV, the Japanese characters and displaying a "?????". Is there any way to supress this behaviour? Regards mtpSures -- mtpsures ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mtpsuresh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3181 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55883 ...

How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset? #2
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline ...

trouble with distribution lists
Some contacts do not appear when attempting to add them to a distribution list. I've even tried re-creating the contacts from scratch and they still don't appear. My copy of Outlook 2003 is completely up-to-date. Does anyone know what could be causing this? ...

Maximum selections in a mutil list box
Is there a way I can set a maximum number of user selections within a listbox? I want users to be able to compare my institution with others but limit the 'basket size' to say 8 or 10. Thanks, Martin I created a small userform with a listbox, label and two commandbuttons (cancel & ok) on it. This was the code behind the userform: Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub ListBox1_Change() Dim MaxSelections As Long Dim iCtr As Long Dim sCtr As Long MaxSelections = 8 sCtr = 0 Me.Label1.Caption = "&quo...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

odc data source
Hi everyone, I have an SQL Server with containing some tables and a View. I created a data source in Excel XP so I can view and analyze it in Excel. Now I want to have this datasource on our intranet so everyone can access it, but I found out that the data source file (*.odc) that was created under "My Documents\My Data Sources", works only from this folder, and won't work if I move it to another folder (e.g on an intranet file server). Is there a way to make this odc file work from any computer no matter where it is placed? Thanks, Arnon. ...

Query Existing Distribution list.
I have 7 exchange servers distributed over 7 sites. Each site is defined in the users general mailbox properties under Office. There is a distribution list for each site called: Site1 ALL Site2 ALL ...and so on, each housing all users in that site. There are many mailboxes that have no distribution list set. with over 15,000 users how can I check to make sure each users mailbox has the appropriate distribution list for that site. We created a script for all new accounts to be properly placed, but we need to check all old accounts. If they dont have the correct one for their site...

Find and Replace using a Loop won't stop
I am trying to replace cells on certain rows with the value in cell I1 within column I based on a found row from a cell in column C. I have the following macro: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "='Master'!R3C9" Selection.Copy TotalRowsToDo = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Counter = 1 Do Until Counter = TotalRowsToDo Cells.Find(What:="FB01", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _ :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _ False, SearchForm...

Finding and installing missing fonts
Hi, I have FP2002. I've installed it on two machines. I notice though that theres quite a few fonts that are missing from my laptop. . I have identical programs on both pc's and find it strange that the fonts are not in the Publisher font file. What is the best way to put the missing ones on one pc? Should I copy the fonts I need to media then load them into the windows font file? Thanks in advance Catt I would suggest starting here to make sure that the "missing fonts" are supplied with that version of Publisher. http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx...