compare data in two lists to find matching entries

I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification
reference e.g.
Colum A     Colum B
abc123456  nmg4568987
ahsj45236   abc123456
ikl7856489  jkh7854566589
I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and
insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example
abc123456  nmg4568987        No match found
ahsj45236   abc123456           Match found
ikl7856489  jkh7854566589     No match found
Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work.

Try this in C1, and copy down:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,$A$1:$A$100,0)),"No Match","Match Found")
--

HTH,

RD

"Chris (new user)" <Chris(new user)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AF1A589B-2162-4DF0-A1D1-CEFBA4AC9E08@microsoft.com...
I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification
reference e.g.
Colum A     Colum B
abc123456  nmg4568987
ahsj45236   abc123456
ikl7856489  jkh7854566589
I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and
insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example
abc123456  nmg4568987        No match found
ahsj45236   abc123456           Match found
ikl7856489  jkh7854566589     No match found
Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

excel 2007 chart data label
I have a chart with 3 lines with a data label. Is there any way to automatically put the Highest number to be over the line and the other line data label? -- Sue Hi, You could use another series to display data labels based on a condition. See Jon's example which does it for points, but the same principle can apply to data labels. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html And this labels the last point but again can be adapted. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng17.htm Cheers Andy Sue wrote: > I have a chart with 3 lines with a data label. Is there any way to > aut...

Can't find find database error A2007 and windows vista
Hi Guys, Each time I try to open my database I get this error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\datafile\db1_fe.mdb'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. This seems strange as the database opens yet it does not allow me to do anything in the database. The database was created in A2002 as a 2000 database now using A2007 Any help would be appreciated. Lez ...

Importing External Data
I want to import data from on excel spreadsheet to another. I have been using the Import External Data feature with no issues. Currently, I am attempting to import an excel spreadsheet that is only about 20 columns in length and about 250 to 500 rows. When I complete the the import command it ONLY imports the first column and nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions, insights, or comments on what could be causing the problem and what some poosible solutions may be. Thank you Ed ...

copying test data to live
Hello, our company will be going live with GP soon and we have set up our default departments, divisions, job titles and locations in a test environment. Can someone tell what all tables I will need to copy to our live environment in order to get everything we need over? Thank You -- AHIhelp Is this for US Payroll and HR. "AHIhelp" <AHIhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E872045-66FF-4943-92AD-A9EB9DAA1238@microsoft.com... > Hello, our company will be going live with GP soon and we have set up our > default departments, divisions, job titles an...

Outlook Laptop Synchronization Issues changing Data
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience the same issue in regards to Outlook laptop Synchronizing with CRM 3.0 Recently I was preparing a brand new laptop for a user. I setup CRM for Laptop client and enabled it online. In the meantime the user was still using the old laptop with the CRM client installed as well. User was still using CRM while I prepared the new system for use of CRM in Outlook. The following day we noticed a lot of the Opportunities in CRM were reassigned for no apparent reason. It did show that the modification was completed by the user I was preparing the ...

Same contacts for two profiles?
I have two different profiles. I'd like to have the same contacts for each of the two. Is this easy to do and how do I do it? Thanks You can configure each profile to use the same Outlook Data File. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:Oc$VxJJyEHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have two different profiles. I'd like to have the same contacts for each >of the two. > > Is this easy to do and how do I do it? > > Thanks > ...

URGENT HELP NEEDED: Recovering data after crash -- what files are my email stored in?
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Win XP. I recently had a major hard drive failure on my notebook, and I need my email that was stored on my computer in Outlook. In the next day or two, when I get the proper adapter, I'm going to be hooking up the hard drive to my desktop to see what files I can manage to copy over. I was wondering if someone could tell me what files or directories I should grab so I can retreive my old mail. I'm using a pop3 account that saves the email on the hard drive and of course deletes the mail off the server. Some of these emails still contain attachements as...

If I have data for varying times in a column chart, how do I space
I have speed data for various times of the day, but I need to space them out equally in the chart so people viewing the chart can see when the busy times of the road are. Can anyone help. If you are using anything other than a XY Scatter chart, you will have to create the spacing yourself. For example, if you have data for 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 8:00, 9:00, and 9:30, note that the smallest interval is 15 minutes. Hence, reorganize the data as: 7:00 data-for-7:00 7:15 data-for-7:15 7:30 data-for-7:30 {empty cell} 8:00 data-for-8:00 {empty cell...

Input Data From a Text File
I currently have a spread sheet which I manually input data into on a daily basis. I'd like automate this aspect. I have a computer program that runs a report every night for 5 different computers. The report outputs a Text file depending on the date the report has run (i.e. 1.txt would be january 1st, 2.txt would be january 2nd and so on). I put together a spreadsheet which is has 5 worksheets and is ready to accept data from these text files. Here are my questions and where I need help: 1) I only 6 cells populated in each worksheet 2) on the next day, i'll need data to be put on th...

Drop down box to enter data
Hi, Is it possible to easily make it so every cell in one column has drop down box with a list of specified values? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > Is it possible to easily make it so every cell in one column has a > drop down box with a list of specified values? > > Thanks, > > R > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #4
The message I am referring to is the "You have an invalid entry, pleas try again." Message. You OK this and the cell entry has changed t invalid but you can then click away from this cell and leave �invalid in the cell � I don�t want them to be able to come away from the cel unless they have successfully selected a valid entry from the list. I removed A6 and instead used a named range because I have a few Dat Validation cells which I want to include in the module. Further to this though, my biggest problem is that though I got this t work on a fresh sheet, I then copied it into m...

Can I select multiple rows from a data range?
I'm trying to add a feature to someone's Excel spreadsheet where they can print a list of owned items based on a user id. In "real life", I'd be looking at a database to do this, but it's a non-profit organization staffed by volunteers, so you take what you get as far as technology goes. In this case, there's a table (range) of Items and a table (range) of Users. Each Item has a unique ItemID; each user has a unique UserID. Each item has only one associated user; users obviously may have zero or more items at any point. And that relationship is tracked by a...

Change the source data in multiple charts
I have a monthly report that I publish that has a large number of charts attached to it. Every month I go in and manually change the source data in each individual chart. The columns are the only thing that change in the source data, the rows remain the same. Is there a way to automate the process or make a blanket change to the columns in the source data to eliminate this tedious process?????? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See an example of a dyna...

Mass Data Entry
I posted couple months ago a question on how to creat a form to do a mass data entry for the attendees of a class. Due to other fires that popped up this project got moved to a back burner and I'm now ready to revisit it. But still have some questions. Here is my basic structure Staff List (Query from Linked Tables) Staff ID # Course Table Course ID Initial Offering Date Presenter etc. Class Input Table (Junction Table) Staff ID # Course ID Completion Date The recomendation that was given to me then was to create a main form with referencing the Course ID and Com...

advanced filter with criteria list with numbers
Can you help? I have a criteria list with numbers in a column: ID# 12 15 45 76 How can I make Excel stick exactly to these criteria, rather than filtering also records with ID# 125, 151, 4577, 76032, etc.? Thank you! I forgot to say that my criteria list is very long. Therefore I have to use a criteria range, rather than typing in individual criteria. "lost_13" wrote: > Can you help? > > I have a criteria list with numbers in a column: > > ID# > 12 > 15 > 45 > 76 > > How can I make Excel stick exactly to these criteria, rather than filteri...

List of email addresses from all email messages in outlook
Linked in, facebook, and a few other online services allow you to upload a comma delimited listing of email addresses to see if there are folks registered on the service who you know. I would like a program or add-in or utility search my outlook 2007 pst file and make a list of every email address it finds. These would not be from my contacts, or not just from contacts, but from the headers and body of my received and sent emails. I would think this would be a popular utility. Any idea if something like that exists, preferably free? By the way I did look at the lists of pr...

LOOKUPS
I am having a problem with one of my spreadsheets for my GNVQ I.T. coursework. Please help! My spreadsheet is for a boat hire company. On one table is a list of the boats, times to hire the boats and the cost to hire the boat for that amount of time. eg. Boat One | 2 hours | �25 (per head) Boat One | 3 hours | �35 (per head) Boat Two | 2 hours | �30 (per head) etc. etc. On another sheet, there is a table that lists the customers that have hired the boats, which boat they hired, how many people are on the boat and the time it has been hired for. eg. Mr R Brown | Boat One | 3 hours | 4 people ...

Data Migration "The user id or the team id is missing" error
Hi everybody, I've a problem migrating data into the Account, Contact and CustomerAddress tables. I've loaded my data into cdf_mscrm tables with a DTS package. There are no unmappedusers and my picklists are populated. (I don't use a territory id, though) When running the migration tool I get the error "The user id or the team id is missing" on the account and contact import. A "Required field missing CCustomerAddress::CheckParentAccess: parent cannot be empty" on the CustomerAddress import. See full error message below. Can anyone help me???? To my knowle...

Validation list functionality!
Hi All, I ran into this site while searching for online excel tips. nice place!:D I have a small question regarding creating a validation list. I know how to setup a validation list but the problem i'm having is linking a numerical value to a certain item in the list. I was wondering whether it's possible in excel to pick an item from the list, and for that item to remain as text, but the summation, however, would see the numerical value only. so if i have a list of items in a certain cell, when i click on the cell the pulldown menu will show the items to pck from (as a validati...

Extracting data from two columns
I have data in B1-B1000+ and C1-C1000+ that I need in column A. The problem is that column B & C are filled with data. Column A has specific cells that the data needs to go into. In the example below B1 and C1 represent the data from columns B & C that need to be in A2 and A3. And b2 and c2 need to be in A7 and A8. This pattern continues for 1000+ rows. Thank you in advance! A B C 1 $$un $$tdp $$dac 2 B1 $$tdp $$dac 3 C1 $$tdp $$dac 4 pause $$tdp $$dac 5 $$tdp $$dac 6 $$un $$tdp $$dac...

How do I enter a missing data point?

Two questions
1. Is there a way to make a header show only on page one? 2. I have a column that shows the grades students are in. I usually sort them by grade, but use K for kindergarten, so kindergarten always comes up at the end of the list, instead at the beginning where I want them. I need them to print out as K. Is there a way to make K = 0? If so, I would rather do this than label them all as 0 and have to change it to K when I print out my list. Thank you. B.Kundla 1. If it only appears on one page, it's not really a header. Just place it in the top of your worksheet (I use textboxes...

ALLOW ROW 1 AS HEADER ROW... NOT PART OF DATA SORT OF ANY COLUMNS.
Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row onscreen while sorting date in any column's date in any row below row 1. Newer Office 2003 Excel grabs row 1 in any data column sort. I even have row 1 protected with "Freeze Windows". Help please... To allow row one to be the header row, you should be able to go to Data -> Sort -> and then check the box that says "My data range has header row". "bro. Billy" wrote: > Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row > onscreen while sorting date in ...

Transferring data to a new company that has a "new" chart of accou
Hello: The client wants to create a new company in GP 9.0. This company is going to be the client’s “new live” company. The client wants this company to have a different account format and a new chart of accounts from what the old company has. They want to get rid of this “old live” company, because they say that financial and other data is not clearly discernible. Pretty easy, so far….. But, the client also wants to transfer the payroll and payables data from the old live company to this new live company. The issue is that the new company will have a new chart of accounts. The ...

List box has me stumped.
Has anyone had a experience on Windows NT based machines using Excel 97 where if you have a list box that has a list of things, not all of them show? They are there, just that the last one in the list doesn't want to show in the list box? Like it's hidden. The reason I know that it is there is i cam manually hit the down arrow and the highlighted text goes below the line, but when I try to use the scroll arrows, I cannot get it to show. Any ideas? I haven't. But maybe you can add a dummy entry at the bottom of the list (all dashes??). Then treat that as an invalid option ...