Compare cells on many pages

Hi,
I would like to compare if a cell has the same value (text) on each
spreadsheets.
If on each sheet we get at A1 "ABCD"
=Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1 --> Give me True
=Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1=Sheet3!A1 --> Give me False.

Any suggestions.

Martin

Martin,

Try-

=AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A1=Sheet3!A1)

regards,

JohnI

"MartinFilteau" <martinfilteau@iquebec.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like to compare if a cell has the same value (text) on each
> spreadsheets.
> If on each sheet we get at A1 "ABCD"
> =Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1 --> Give me True
> =Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1=Sheet3!A1 --> Give me False.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Martin

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

Surpressing plot of blank cells
I'm creating a line chart plot using Excel 2007. The data range for plot lines contains some blank cells. These blank cells get plotted as zero points. How do I change this behavior to plot only points that have values and to leave the blank cells unplotted? I appreciate your help, -John Hi, If they are truly blank then check the plot empty cells setting via. Select Data > Hidden and Empty cells. If the Cells in fact contain formula then use NA() instead of "". This will suppress the data marker but will not break the line. Alternatively use Autofilter to hide un...

Populate cells with a unit price
For business purposes. I would like to put an item or model # in one cell and have the price for this particular item automatically populate the cell to it's right. because each sale could be different I want to the form to populate the unit price for any item that I input in a particular cell Hope this makes sense Thanks Hi Luka You need to take a look at the VLOOKUP function. You will find an easy explanation at Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Roger Govier "luka" <luka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

Excel Bar Chart with many elements Example
I am working with a survey database where one field represents one question in the Survey. Some questions allow the user to enter multiple answers. This data isn't normalized but I have t work with what I've got. Anyway I tried to create a chart in Acces with the wizard but got the error: "Cannot have more than elements in the chart". Anyway I attempted to recreate the char in Excel but my chart looks crammed and canno print entirely within one page. Does anyone know how or have a example of how to create a bar chart with many elements in a clea and consice manner T...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

Need text in upper left corner of a cell
Hi Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner of a cell? I use Excel as a fill-in userform. I can justify the size of other columns, but it would be nice to write something into the cell, so the user understand what to fill inn. Any workarounds or other suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Gunnar Hi maybe you can use the comment functionality (goto 'Insert - Comment') to add some hints for the user -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunnar wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to have some text written in upper corner > of a cell? > I use Excel a...

click on checkbox copy to active cell
Is there any way to click on a checkbox beside a row of information and copy that row of data to an active cell? Maybe. If your active cell is in column A, you can copy that whole row to the activecell's row. If you use a checkbox from the forms toolbar, you can add as many as you want to the worksheet. But assign each of them the same common macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myCopyObjectsWithCells As Boolean Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then If myCBX.TopLeftCell.Row = Ac...

how do I display cell contents when I am over 32, 767 characters?
Excel was not designed for this. Depending on your purpose, you should use Word or Access. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "usdrmd" <usdrmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30267BD-2CAF-4FC7-83A2-F9E79F7CFE06@microsoft.com... > ...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

Excel Cell Data Limit
I am creating an ASP.NET page to dump data to an excel file. This works fine, but when I open the excel file I get an error that says 'the cell data is too large'. I heard from somebody that excel cells can hold up to 32,000 character, but can only display 1,024 characters in the formula bar. What restrictions does this impose on the data that cannot be displayed? If I do a keyword search, is that data still going to get searched? Thanks in advance, Ryan hil from excel help. Type specifications. 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula...

How can I set up the random selection of a cell from within a ran.
I want Excel to randomly select one cell from a range of cells, but is it possible? This would be the equivalent of drawing one slip of paper from several hundred. An uncomplicated way to do this is to simply add a column filled with the RAND() function next to your column of choices. Select both columns, and sort on the Rand() column. Pick the one at the top, or bottom, as your random selection. A little more complicated procedure would be to use a formula, referring to this combination of Rand() and your list, and let this formula randomly pick an item. Place your list in an "out o...

saving with name from cell #3
That one works perfectly!! Thanks again! Dank u de veer!! Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31504 You are welcome -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jamaz" <jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > That one works perfectly!! > > Thanks again! > > Dank u de veer!! > >...

copying many separate xls files into one comprehensive one
Gang, I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need to copy all of their contents into an xls file that will contain 400 worksheets. Pity, there's no merge for this sort of stuff (only different versions of the same xls file). any help apreciated. -S ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sean wrote: > Gang, > > I have 20 xls files each with 20 worksheets. Now, I need ...

cell reference #2
I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the maximum value in column A using =max(a1:a100) but i also want the cell reference of this value. how can i do this. thanks Use the MATCH function - it will give you the relative position of the maximum value in your range, and as this begins at A1 then this is the same as the row. If you have two maximum values, however, it will only report the first occurrence. Hope this helps. Pete lees news wrote: > I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the > maximum value in column A using =m...

Sum every other cell? #2
I just previewed the post below and saw that the format didn't hold. don't know how to make it look right. I hope you can figure it out fro what you see. Sample rows: Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Category #Books $$$ #Books $$$ #Books $$$ 1 4 16.00 0 0.00 7 29.95 2 3 17.50 3 17.50 3 17.50 3 0 0.00 6 24....

search and return cell value
I hope that someone may be able to help. I have a worksheet that has 7 fixed columns and a variable number of rows. The rows can range from 1 to many. Cell A1 is dependent upon the value in the last row in column G. I can locate this with nested "if" statements or by creating a new column H that will test to see if the next row contains values. Is there any function that I can put in cell A1 that will locate the last row in column G that contains a value and return the value of this cell? Many Thanks Hi if you have no blank rows in between try =OFFSET($G$1,COUNTA(G:G)-1,0) -- Reg...

Query about Last Cell reference.
I have 12 sheets, which holds monthly information. Data exists in Column A through K, row 1 down to row 500. I have a formula in cell AZ1 (done to ensure no one can find it and subsequently delete it). When I depress CTRL+END it takes me to AZ500 (as expected). The question I have is that as all my data is going to be in Columns A through K and rows 1 to 500, if I reset the Last Cell to say K500 would it achieve faster saves to a LAN?. Please note that the value from AZ1 is used in column G1 – G500. All views greatly appreciated. First, you can olnly "reset" the last cell ...