Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd

I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in
half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd
workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do
this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past.

If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could
copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing
an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data.  This is
admittedly crude but it is easy to do.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"cursednomore" <cursednomore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in
| half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a
3rd
| workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do
| this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past.

0
jrrech (1932)

Colouring in areas within a shape (Part 2)
Perhaps it would have helped if I'd actually typed something in before hitting [Enter] but here goes... This kind of carries on from my previous post about triangles, but, for example, having drawn a line that vertically bisects an autoshape triangle, is there any way in which I can colour the left hand side of my triangle in one colour and the right hand in another? Thanks again Pete Peter Rooney <PeterRooney@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > This kind of carries on from my previous post about triangles, but, > for example, having drawn a li...

Shared workbook increase dramatically in size
Using Excel2k3 and Win XP Professional some 7 or 8 persons are sharing a Excel Workbook. However, the workbook seems to increase dramatically in short time. The file size went from 68 MB one day to 128 MB the next day. So what I did was copy every sheets data and pasted it into a new workbook. When finished the new workbook file was not bigger than 1.3 MB? How is this possible? How can this be? Help is very much appreaciated. Regards Jan T. ...

hyperlinks in pub 2003 #2
I cannot get my hyperlinks to work on this site. I have another site that is successful but for that one I did each page separately rather than as a publication as this one is. I've tried just adding the hyperlinks to the text and I also tried with html coding - neither worked. I've downloaded the html files and the name_files in question to the ftp html folder. Can someone offer any advise? www.offshoretranscriptioncanada.com The hyperlinks in question are on the 'locate a consultant' page. appreciate any help! donna All the links work here but all seem to go to the...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #2
I am having problems with my hardware and want to move Exchange onto another box. We currently have Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on Windows NT. I want to buy a new server and run Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Windows 2k. They will not let me upgrade the version of Exchange. Are there any white sheets or any links that could be suggested to handle this migration from an NT server to a W2k server? best way to do this is to bring up your new server, joining the site, then move all the mailboxes, and replicate all public folders...then see this article about removing the first server... http://support.microsof...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

xsd.exe and the resulting cs classes.
I'm embarking on a c# based project in which I would like to make use of a lot of XML including database access and using hte xml and .net tools as a coding shortcut. What I'm trying to understand at the moment is how to use xsd.exe and result ..cs files to mange the xml. First question. My XSD includes <sequence>s which have > 1 value. the cs produced renders this as a single instance, though if I change this to an array (manually) the deserialization works as expected (nice!). How can I tell xsd it SHOULD be an array (I've tried setting maxOccurs, but this seems to...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

Start-up #2
Is there any problem in diabling Office 2003 in start- up,it must take a lot of resources for a program of this size. Most of my work is in photography and though I would not like to be without Office, I only use it about ounce a month. theoldone <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any problem in diabling Office 2003 in start- > up Of course not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Are there MFC subclasses that give a different "look and feel" to the UI?
I was wondering if there are free implementations of MFC subclasses of windows and controls that give you a different look and feel? I like the Windows 2000 look, but it's quite a bit dated now, and the XP look is hideous for my taste, so I'm looking for something new, more modern looking, sleek. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Franco See if this has something your looking for. http://www.prof-uis.com/ "Franco" <cuminato@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1149800640.987272.304540@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I was wondering if there are free implementa...

Save single worksheet from workbook using the sheet name?
Gday, I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant quite find what I am looking for, I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of Debra Dalgleishs macros all works fine. However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders using the individual sheet name. As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question! Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, You need to copy it to its own workbook and save that Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "myfile.xls" -- H...

how do I make place cards #2
I am trying to make small, tent fold table assignment cards, using a guest list that I have created in Publisher (2003)- I want to use the 'name' 'title' and 'organization' fields from my guest list to create the cards, and add a table assignment field, with one table/name/title/organization per card, but am not sure what template to begin with- Do I need to select an Avery product first and then create the place card document, then do a mail merge or start from Word, or...? Thanks in advance for your help- What are your dimensions? Will the card have printing on...

short cut keys #2
I am using Excel and trying to assign a short cut key to a symbol, everything I try doesn't do anything (example altQ, altG & etc) Hi what have you tried exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Carmen" <Carmen@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:331C5698-1194-485F-B67A-1802D59B1B6B@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel and trying to assign a short cut key to a symbol, everything > I try doesn't do anything (example altQ, altG & etc) Hi Carmen, Actually what symbol are you looking for. . And in general when you ask a qu...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

display result of formula
How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have tried "recalculating") Peter Peter Chadbund expressed precisely : > How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that > calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have > tried "recalculating") > Peter Change the cell format to 'General'. Redo the formula. Change the cell format to 'Number' and apply your display preferenc...

What are the different methods of representing numerical data?
Can someone answer my questions "What are the different methods of representing numerical data"? "Excel Problem" wrote: > Can someone answer my questions "What are the > different methods of representing numerical data"? Sounds like a test question. What's the context? Is it asking about numerical formats? Or is it asking about date v. time v. other numerical data? (Which really is not "different methods" per se. All are floating-point aka real numbers. But the test might be asking for the specifics of date and time rep...

xml edit #2
I am trying to edit an xml receipt in notepad..whenever I try to save I can't save as a xml file ..it wants to save as a text file..How can I save as a xml file? -- billr You can just change the extension manually after you save it. Example - File saves as "report.txt" Rename it to "report.xml" and that's all there is to it. Billr, Try doing a Ctrl+S to save it. It should save it as the name it opened. Are you using a Notepad replacement program? Help | About | should say "Microsoft Notepad" -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security Yo...

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

Cannot close opportunities #2
I upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 We encountered issues with SQRSS - I had to uninstall and reinstall SQRSS. I am now encoutering issues when closing a new opportunity it error out throwing an Exception of type "System.web.HttpUnhandledException' Full Stack: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] at Microsoft.crm.dialogs.CloseOppPage.ConfigureForm(_ at Microsoft.crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at system.web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInernal() at System.web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includesStagesBefore A...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

1 Chart

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

Percentage difference calc that knows the largest figure
I have a calculation in cell A3 which looks at the content of Cell A1 and Cell A2 and then works out the difference between both as a percentage For instance Cell A1 = 100 Cell A2 = 10 Cell A3 returns the difference as being 90% My simple calculation in Cell A3 is as follows =(A1-A2)/A1 Cell A3 is formatted to give the answer as a percentage to 2 decimal places The above works fine as long as the number in Cell A1 is greater than the number in Cell A2 If the number in A2 is greater than the number in A1 then my calculated answer is incorrect For instance Cell A1 = 10...