comments in pivot table

As I understand that comments in pivot tables are linked to the cell and not to the data, I am looking for other solution to
input comments in pivot table. I need the comment to be linked to a specific row.
0
gill1003 (1)

How do I change default font for all new comments in Office 2003?
I just installed Office 2003 and transfered excel files from the older version. The comments that I had created before I moved to 2003 look fine in the default font (Tahoma); however, when I try to insert a new comment, the same font (same size, same formatting) the text looks virtually unreadable. I changed font in some comments and they look much better, but it is extremely inefficient to try to change font in every new comment I insert, so I thought maybe there is a way to do it on a default basis. Or maybe I somehow could change something to make Tahoma appear readable. Please, assi...

Pivot Tables
I have a excel file a fairly large database in one sheet and another sheet for pivot tables from that databse. once the pivot tables are loaded the capacity jumps from a mere 175 or 200 kb to 9 or 10 mb. and gives me difficulties in saving the file in network drives. how can i keep the file to low capacity and also keep the pivot tables information. I refresh the Pivot tables only once a week and the result stays as it is till the next week. -- M Imran Buhary I used to have a similar problem. The answer, as I see it, is to recognise that the sheet with the database in it shoudl be in ...

Pivot Tables & Multiple Row Entries
Hi, When there are 1 or more descriptive fields in a pivot table and the entries in field 2 or further on are repeated, the values in the previous field are left blank for each repition of the subsequent field. This causes problems for further sorting etc...unless you use formulas. Does anybody know how to ensure that all cells in the descriptive fields (rows in the layout section) are populated with the appropriate value? Thanks POD -- POD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ POD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Want subset of large db table and not load the entire table into access
Hello, How do I load a subset of a table from an ODBC database without linking or importing the entire table? I tried a select into statement, but it didn't work. Also, excell allows to do a query to load info into a worksheet table that is effective. Is there any way to query a database and insert that query into a table in access with out linking or importing the entire table? Thanks, Ken Hi, Ken. > Is there any way > to query a database and insert that query into a table in access with > out linking or importing the entire table? Create a view in the other database with o...

Comments Wont Save (crtl+f10)
I am trying to save comments on workorders using ctrl+f10 i can type the comments and it appears i tender and save changes, however when i go back to the work order the comments are gone. I reallly need the comments to document what instruction the customer has provides and to document what has been done -- Thanks Ian Ian: It might be as simple as a setting. Using RMS? In Manager, go to File -> configuration -> Options -> POS Options "record Item comments" the default is not usually set to save them. Peter Johnson American Retail Supply MSFT Certified Partner...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

Pivots: Grouping two fields (year, month)
My pivot table contains two fields I need grouped: "Fiscal Year" and "Fiscal Month." Both field are numeric, not dates. The grouping would be like this: Fiscal Year (2003) and Fiscal Months (9-12) GROUPED WITH Fiscal Year (2004) and Fiscal Months (1-3) Is there a quick way to do this within the pivot? If you group the "months", the table groups all the months regardless of "year"....can't figure this one out. TIA... John, The easiest way would be to have another column in your data table indicating the desired grouping: you could use a formula t...

Looking for documentation on PM Table Structures
I received a request for open payables by organization code (acct segment 1) today. When I looked in PM10100 I am not retrieving all the records that are included when an ATB is run. It appears that I am missing PMT transactions (only some) when I export the infomation to excel for analysis. The tables I am using are PM10100 PM Distribution Work Open (ignoring dates > today & = 1/1/1900), GL00100 for GL account information and PM00200 so that I have the vendor named for output. Any resources or recommendations would be greatly appreciated PM20000 has all open transactions. PM101...

calculating Week numbers in a time table
I have a weekly timetable table for school terms with the following fields WeekID (automatic number), WkbeginDate (date), WkNo ( number 1 or 2). The WkNo can be either 1 or 2 . How can I get the Wkno field to automatically update with the correct week number for each new record ie if a record has week value 2 the next record will have a WkNo value of 1? I would prefer to do this using a query rather than a form. The timetable is not for the whole year and has 'holiday' breaks, sometimes restarting on a week 2, sometimes on a week 1. Hope this makes sense! Hilarys =?Utf-8?B?SGls...

Table advise
I have a table that has the following ID Account Category Limit Each account may have only 1 item from each of the categories and 1 limit, for example: Credit = $5000 Cash = $1000 Check = $2000 Not: Credit = $5000 Credit = 2000 Credit = 1000 and so on At present the table I have allows each account number to have multiple accounts of each category. TIA On 2 May 2007 07:52:57 -0700, myxmaster@hotmail.com wrote: >I have a table that has the following >ID >Account >Category >Limit > >Each account may have only 1 item from each of the categories and 1 >limit, for ex...

send automatic information to my table on the second sql server 2005
Hello Team There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server everyday. Thanks for Help lassaad (u58596@uwe) writes: > There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many > information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql > server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server > everyday. There is far too little information to give any good answer. If you want to replicate the ...

Inline comments in Access queries
How to add inline comments to access queries.? On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:26:22 -0800, Susanna <Susanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to add inline comments to access queries.? > Alas, you cannot: an annoying restriction of the program! Microsoft has been hearing complaints about it for years but AFAIK has still done nothing to solve it. There are some kludgy getarounds, e.g. SELECT ... <a bunch of stuff>, "Put your descriptive comment here" AS IgnoreThis, ... but it's pretty inadequate. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Pivot Table default field setting
Working on Excel 2003 Machine One: When dragging fields to the data section of a pivot table, the default function is "sum." Machine Two: When dragging fields to the data section of a pivot table, the default function is "count." Question: Is there a way to set the default function of the field setting prior to creating the pivot table? Another question: Is there a way to globally change the field setting after dragging all to the data section? I am comparing monthly data, so I have 12 fields that I drag to the data section (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc) As of now, I a...

Comments frozen with shared Docs.
I have a document which is shared, but I need to be able to edit/modify comments. I can't seem to do this without removing sharing, which defeats the purpose of sharing for tracking purposes. Please advise how I can edit comments and still preserve tracking data? -- http://www.fyi.bz I think it's not the sharing that's the problem. I think it's the way you protected the worksheet--and to remove the protection of the worksheet, you have to unshare the workbook. But if you protect the worksheet, but allow the user to Edit Objects (on that Tools|Protection|Protect sheet d...

Pivot question (2 parter)
I have four columns: Category, Year, Month, and Amount. When I do a pivot table, I would like to have the Year and Month appear horizontally across; right now, I can only get it to show vertically. I would like to consolidate some of the categories and call it "Others," rather than showing all of the details for those categories. What is an easy way to do this? TIA Pete <<Year and Month appear horizontally across>> drag your month field to the COLUMN area in the wizard. <<I would like to consolidate some of the categories >> You will have to make anothe...

Pivot Table border formatting and pivot chart formatting
I've haven't been able to eliminate the border formatting in a pivot table. Every time I change the page selection it defaults back to having borders. Does anyone know how to correct this? I've also been having the same problem with pivot charts. When I increase the width of a line in a chart and change the page selection it defaults back to the previous format. ...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Only one table appears realtionwship wizard
I have two tables in the same folder the realtionship wizard onlys shows one table Access 2007 You are mixing terms. Tables are not in folders. Folders are subdivisions of computer drives. Databases reside in folders on a drive. Tables are in databases, in folders, on a drive. Think of fields (Database term - Access) as being the columns (Spreadsheet term - Excel) of a table. Are your two tables in the same database or in different databases but in the same file folder on the drive? -- Build a little, test a little. "Terry" wrote: > I have two tables...

Comment box
When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way t get rid of this so that the box is completely empty -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi tghcogo! Tools > Options > General Delete the existing User Name, and type a new entry OK Be aware that this is an Office setting and will impact upon other Office programs. You might want to change it back before exiting Excel. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Need some pointers
I just started playing with the XML extensions of the CRL and have a question and have not seen how why what I have here is happening. Now I do know my XML is not complete and the file layout we are starting with is simply a prototype Any way here is a cut out of my xml file <IADSNOTES type='public' count='4'><Note ID='1' app='Readr' csm='0'><File href='C:\IADS\DEMO\DEMO.SGM'/><Frame num='1' id='INTRODUCTION TO IADS' title=''/><User>Guest</User><Pos ScrollPos='0'/><Te...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

Combination of table records
Hi, I have this table (with 1 column, 14 records), now I need to make a new table showing all possible combinations of these records, to which I can than add more columns. BTW the table is used elsewhere. Regards Robert Can't wrap my brain around this one. Please show the records for the existing table, with the correct table and column names, and an example of the expected results. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "theredspecial" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this table (with 1 column, 14 re...

update pivot table
I have a sheet of info. which used to create the pivot table. I need to update this sheet every week. How can I set so every time when I update the sheet, the pivot table will be automatically update. Your help is very much appreciated. If anyone would please show me how to look in the archive, that would be great too. Mia If you're adding new rows of data to the source every week, you can use a dynamic formula to name the data source range, and use that as the source for the PivotTable. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic To ...