Comments in Excel #2

When you create a comment the font and size defaults
to "Tahoma", "8".  Is there a way of changing the default
font and size for comments so that when you create
comments after changing the default they will all be the
font and size that you set as the default.
eg. "Arial", "10".

You can change the default font size:

    Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties
    On the Appearance tab, click Advanced.
    From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip
    Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK

or use a macro to insert a comment with specific formatting:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel and Access
Hi guys, I'm trying to link my excel sheet to my ms-access db, but thi is the following error that I'm getting: I have some values on my excel sheet like 2215291051006 2215296060601.. and so on, and I have them formatted as Text, but whe I go to ms-access and I click to link a table or to import the table.. those values are changed to this 2.215296060601E+12, I mean to the dat type is changed to number instead of keeping the data type as Text... anyone knows how can I fix this???? Thanks Jessic -- jessie247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jessi...

Joining text with a formula in cell #2
Thanks, I'll try and explain a bit better If you want to show the result of a formula and text in the same cel you can use something like this =SUM(A1:A4)&"*". This will sum the A1:A4, show the result and put an asterix at the en of the number.(eg 22*) But the problem occurs when the sum has decimal points. If the forma is set to 2 decimal points but the sum is greater than 2 decimal point then it does not round it to 2. It shows as 22.444444444444444* when i should be 22.44* It is like the tip "Joining text with a linked date in Microsof Excel" -- Mustard Hea ---...

Credit card receipt #2
Hello everyone. I have a quick question. Is there any way that I can configure RMS to require a signature on credit card receipts only after a certain amount? I would like to set it up to only require a signature for charges over $20. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0288_01C8682C.DA373500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Miguel, Not right now, but before you make the change yourself, check with your = processor as there are only certain class...

Problem tracking and sending email in 3.0 #2
This is a CRM 3.0 issue. When sending an email that has been tracked in CRM, a user gets this error: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Note the following: - CRM can be browsed from Outlook or ID. - I changed the user's role to system admin and did not resolve the problem. - The user created an appointment in Outlook and was able to successfully track it in CRM and save it. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Outlook 2003, change Exchange profile without loosing PSTs configuration #2
Hi, My company choose to consolidate our exchange servers, In my branch office, i need to reconfigure My outlook 2003 users in this manner : Old config : Echange in my domain, with my username as mailbox With or Without PST(s) New one : Exchange in another domain, without any trust User is not my username but X00456 Need same PST(s) (i know that my users need to do a second authentication) when i use a PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append, it don't work ( the old exchange mailbox is open, nothing seems to be changed) Tested on different computers [General] Custom=1 DefaultProfile=Yes O...

Trouble. Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD #2
I got a trouble using Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD. I want to import org data from Exchange using ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD and customize the fields to load and draw in the shapes. So, I found HOWTO articles in MSDN and also in Office Online Assistance. The article name - "Create an organization chart from a data file using the command line or Run method" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010384221033.aspx. Also I used examples from Microsoft Office Visio Code Librarian to write a C# solution. This solution will help me to automate the process of generation...

2 Domains Mail
A question: Exchange installed domain is abc.com Added a receipient policy for another domain called def.com and set this one as the primary. Users for abc.com are on the exchange server no issues with this. Users for def.com are hosted at a ISPs mail server. Now when users from this exchange org send mail to def.com they get a error saying user does not exist which is true bcos the users are at the ISP. Those users pull email using POP. How can I send mail to def.com, I know the mail is not getting out and users for def.com are at an ISPs mail server. I want to send mail from t...

Excel Colours
Hi all Each Excel workbook can hold a palette of 56 colours, why is it tha the colour picker tool on the Formatting toolbar will only show 4 colours (on a 5 x 8 grid)? Thanks for anyone supplying enlightenment! DJ -- DJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DJB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2122 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 I think it's the same reason hotdogs are sold in packages of 10, but hotdog buns come in packages of 8. Who knows why? But you could r...

Importing .NET SDK lib in Excel
I currently am referencing a number of lib like SOAP Toolkit and MSXM in my Excel 2000 Application and was wondering how I can import th .NET Framework Sdk lib so that I can do .Net Programming in my Exce 2000. Is this even possible? Thanks for the time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Help needed #2
I have a new sbs 2003 running exchange 2003 And i have 2 problems 1. If i receive a mail to aaaaa@domain1.com ; xxxxxx@domain2.com the exchange gives two messages to aaaa@domain.com but nothing to xxxxxx@domain2.com. But if the mail is only to xxxxxx@domain2.com arrives ok 2. The pop3 conector reports error 1053 with the messages sendend to "undisclosed recipients" and these messages are stored in the failed mail forder Help Thanks ...

Excel 2007 issue...Urgent
I have a pivot table which has some fields. I also need to create an average of 1 field divided by the total shown in the pivot. THis inturn needs to be charted. Is there a way to put in the average field ? For e.g the field names are product, quantity. I need the field to average the quantity for each product and divide by the total quantity (given at the bottom of the pivot). Please help !!! Its urgent !!!! Thanks, AK Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart Average/Sum % http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_10_09.xlsx ...

Junk mail option in outlook web access #2
Hi, I enable the junk mail option within option in outlook web access, but that does not seem to work. Junk mails still go into inbox (within outlook web accee) Is there anything setup that I still need to enable? Thanks, ...

subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0
In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0. i have tried severeral =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work. Any suggestions? hi if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0. try this..... =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0) post back if i misunderstood. Regards FSt1 "Maureen" wrote: > In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is > , or = to 0, in which case...

Labels in Excel
How do I make mailing labels? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Aida" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:167901c499b6$a2741270$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I make mailing labels? >-----Original Message----- >How do I make mailing labels? >. Aida Best done in Word butif you already have the addresses in Excel, choose, (in Word) Tools, Merge, Labels and select Excel as the data source. regards Peter peter_atherton@hoptmail.com ...

ms excel predefine english word on the cell
how to predefine an english word ie. "S" on the cell. So, user each time just type in ie. 1243 and the cell will return S1243. Then the user no need to type so many times of "S" in front of 1243. If the user ie. type it 1244, then it returns "S1244" automatically. Any hints and steps and procedure as well. thanks gary email: garywwww3@hotmail.com -- garyww ------------------------------------------------------------------------ garyww's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35818 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Legend Manipulation #2
I'm using the stacked bar and column combination trick for one of my graphs but it doubles the number of items in my legend. Is there any way that I can remove half of those items from the legend? If not, are there any other creative ways of doing this My last resort will be to make a text box and post it to the bottom. Carpie - You can remove unwanted legend entries as follows: Select the legend, then select the legend entry (the text part), a total of two single clicks, not a double click. Press Delete. If you accidentally select the legend key (the colored box or marker) and pr...

possible to default?: Format Comment > Alignment > Automatic Size
Rather than selecting the "Automatic Size" for each cell comment ONE AT A TIME, is it possible to set your options so that all cell comments start out with the automatic size feature enabled? Thank you. The change comments at one time with a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#resize To catch comments and resize them when the workbook is opened see Stephen Bullen's reply in http://groups.google.com/groups?th=4e1723a41570510d --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exc...

Message Tracking #2
Hello, I have a user that gets a NDR report everytime someone sends her an email. When I run Message Tracking on Exchange 5.5 it displays the following when I click the properties button: The recipient '/o=va/ou=vaco/Cn=ogc Recipients/cn=Vacojamisj' is not found in the directory, and may be a personal address book entry It appears the user is sending the message and she definatly does not belong to the OGC container. There was an Old exchange 5.5 server that they no longer have on the network and some of these messages indicate that it is coming from the exchange server th...

Password Protect Excel Spreadsheet?
Is there a way to password protect an Excel file so it can not be opened without a password? If so, how secure is this? Thanks! When you do a file|saveAs, you can click on Tools|General Options (in xl2002) where you can provide a password to open the file. But there are commercial products that can crack this. MikeJ wrote: > > Is there a way to password protect an Excel file so it can not be opened > without a password? If so, how secure is this? > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Hi Mike Yes there is, FILE>SAVE AS then TOOLS>GENERAL OPTIONS and ent...

MSGBOX #2
I have a workbook that runs some macros on startup. I want to show th user a message while they wait - it need have no buttons. I want th message to show when the AUTO_OPEN macro starts and not show when th macro ends. Does anyone know a way of doing this -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi you may have a look at the following sites for some intetresting progrress bars: http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/ED/Pages/ExcelProgressBar.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Progress.htm http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/developer.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LB79 - Exce...

Mail in HTML #2
Welcome, I have prepared a HTML code which I want to send as an e-mail. How can I edit HTML source code of email to do so? Or is there another way? THX Jarek <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > I have prepared a HTML code which I want to send as an e-mail. > How can I edit HTML source code of email to do so? > Or is there another way? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/edithtml.htm http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel 2000 and web integration
I am downloading reports from out crystal web server and on half of my computers (Win98) the excel pages are being displayed in the web browser, and the other half are being displayed in Excel itself. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I think that this is a Windows setting--per user. There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can t...

Text Columns Negative Numbers Upgrade Excel?
I am trying to do a text to columns operation on some data and I noticed an issue with a negative (-) sign. In Excel 2000, the wizard brings the - to the right of the cell, but in Excel 2002, Excel switches it automagically. I know many ways to fix this, but I was wondering if this might have something to do with the version of Excel. I might need to suggest an upgrade, but I would need to back this up. Thanks!!! Excel 2002 did include this new option. The Advanced button on the third page of the wizard opens a dialog that has a "Trailing minus for negative numbers" opti...

Email newsletters in Publisher 2003 #2
I already have publisher 2003 and have been asked to create an html newsletter. Problem is some viewers can only see in plain text, and as soon as I make any changes to any of the email newsletter templates, it throws out the text only version and repeats things etc. Can anyone tell me why it's doing this as I'm getting rather annoyed with it now! Thanks You have no control over your viewers settings - some people don't have their browsers enabled to view html email. You can include a message in your email for them to go to a URL where they can view your html message...o...

cannot mail excel documents or open attachments sent to me
i can not open attachments sent to me or can i send excel documents. Hi what error message do you get exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "meadows" <meadows@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AF8E112F-7032-4CAE-B75A-CFAF7A88C275@microsoft.com... > i can not open attachments sent to me or can i send excel documents. ...