Comma in Number Format

Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in
the Number Formate dialog box checked by default?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
don't think you can do this. What you can do is setup a new template
with the cells formated already in your desired format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Erin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in
> the Number Formate dialog box checked by default?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/27/2004 4:10:55 PM
Using Format/Style... add a new style, and choose the number format you
wish.

When desired, just apply that style (it's easier if you put the style
dropdown control on a toolbar, or give it a keyboard shortcut).

In article <8AF6BE56-5A5D-4252-A285-8AA7EA9E6E99@microsoft.com>,
 "Erin Searfoss" <ErinSearfoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  It's not so much that I want the number format frequently, but when
> I do I hate having to check that extra box.  I can't believe that it is very
> common to use the number format without the comma separator.  It seems so
> inefficient to have it unchecked.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

generate a random 6 digit number
how do i change a random number that will generate a random 6 digit number.Thanks I'm still learning. I'm not sure what you mean by "change a random number that will generate a random 6 digit number". However, you can use the Rnd function to generate a random number. Why change a random number? Even if you do, how do you see that generating another random number. You can use the Rnd function to generate a random number. It will generate a decimal, but you can multiply it by 1000000 to get the desired 6-digit result (with the Format function to add leading zeros, a...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

page numbering
I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header. Currently the date is day/month/year. I want month/day/year. setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell. How do I set the date format in the header and footer? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub ...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

Extraneous formatting codes in Index
Hi, Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not have a bold code anywhere near them. Suggestions? Hello Jim Jim Speiser wrote: > Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred > index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. > There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not > have a bold ...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?
I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5 and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones. It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed to keep me from having to enter each cell separately? Hi form...

Bubble Charting
Hi There Hope you all can help, i've looked everywhere but have found it very difficult to achieve what I want. I'm not familiar with VB but i know how to copy and paste into modules! Here is the data (column by column): Name --- X --- Y --- Bubble Size --- RAG Status OK, here are my requirements... - Each bubble to be labeled with column name - RAG status to conditionally format the colour of the bubble. Thanks in advance! Hi, You can do the colour coding by using multiple series and some simple formula to create conditional charts, this will give you more detail on the subj...

date format #9
Hi everyone Is there any way to add automatically "rd" or "st" or "th" etc after the date. I have a date in A1 as "30-01-2001" and I need to show in B1 as "January 30th" Hope someone has an idea Thanks Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi SMILE! One Way. Use: =DAY(A1)&IF(AND(MOD(DAY(A1),100)>=10,MOD(DAY(A1),100)<=14),"th",CHOOSE (MOD(DAY(A1),10)+1,"th","st","nd","rd","th","th","th","th","th","th")...

Any utilities to remove the ALL the Microsoft formatting tags?
Hi Know any good utilities to help me strip out the tags that Microsoft Excel 2002 leaved behind when you try and export an HTML format file? This is driving me NUTS. And really makes me hate microsoft with a passion. I literally just want "compact HTML" - ie just the data, plus the minimal table structure and *NO FORMATTING CODES* of any sort!! I did have a utility but it was on my previous PC and I cant remember what it was called. I would be prepared to pay no more than say GBP 10.00 for such a utility (which I only need every couple of months...) Ship Shiperton Henethe p....

Number of selected shortcut files
Does anyone know of any function that can tell us number of shorcut files selected by a user on Windows Explorer. Hi, Based on my experience, there is no direct method. I suggest that you can perform the following steps to implement this functionality: 1. Use FindWindow to get the handle to Windows Explorer. 2. Call EnumChildWindows() to find the handle to ListView in the Windows Explorer. 3. Get CListCtrl from CListView. 4. Retrieve the selected listview items, and count the items whose type is Shortcut. Please feel free to let me know if you have any problems or concerns. Have a ni...

can Excel randomly sort numbers
I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in Excel or any office application? "gasmith" <gasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A905226-47EA-4EE3-BADE-E22A58A1C15E@microsoft.com... > I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in > Excel or any office application? Yes. Assuming that your numbers are in column A, insert =Random() in column B. Drag this function downwads so that you have as many calls to Random as you have numbers to sort randomly. Select columns A and B Select Tools|Sort and sor...