Comma in Number Format

Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in
the Number Formate dialog box checked by default?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
don't think you can do this. What you can do is setup a new template
with the cells formated already in your desired format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Erin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in
> the Number Formate dialog box checked by default?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/27/2004 4:10:55 PM
Using Format/Style... add a new style, and choose the number format you
wish.

When desired, just apply that style (it's easier if you put the style
dropdown control on a toolbar, or give it a keyboard shortcut).

In article <8AF6BE56-5A5D-4252-A285-8AA7EA9E6E99@microsoft.com>,
 "Erin Searfoss" <ErinSearfoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  It's not so much that I want the number format frequently, but when
> I do I hate having to check that extra box.  I can't believe that it is very
> common to use the number format without the comma separator.  It seems so
> inefficient to have it unchecked.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

convert numbers to words in excel
Is there any way we can convert numbers (figures) into words in excel . I am using ms excel 2000 for eg. 385 to be converted to Three hundred and eighty five Hi Ravindranb, See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html Or: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q213/3/60.ASP --- Regards, Norman "ravindranb" <ravindranb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146E461C-4366-43D8-AFB0-8E382E99FF74@microsoft.com... > Is there any way we can convert numbers (figures) into words in excel . I > am > using ms excel 2000 > for e...

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range
Hello, I received a spreadsheet used for printing out tables of data. This spreadsheet contains two features which I would like to understand: 1) Each Excel range that is printed on a separate page contains a big page number in the background of the speadsheet: "page1", "page2" etc. This page number, however, is not printed. How is this achieved? 2) There is a gray are outside the actual data range - and I can't change the formatting of that area. The spreadsheet is not protected. Thank you Michael You're in "Page Break Preview". Click <Vie...

Increasing DPI output for jpg format
I created a business card in Publisher and am trying to upload it to a Business Card site in jpg format for printing. I used save-as in Publisher and selected the jpg format. the site has informed me that the dpi is insufficient for good quality. How do I increase the quality of the image or increase the dpi resolution of the image before using the save-as option in Publisher. In Publisher it looks great but the jpg image looks lousy. Thanks, Stuart James When you right-click your creation and click save as a picture, there is an option to change the resolution just above the file...

Extracting numbers of a string
Hi. I have many strings like 10+33+98+3+10 and 3+45+33+21+1, each one in a diferent field of a sheet. I want pass the values to individual fields, like A1 (10); B1 (33); C1 (98); D1 (3); E1 (10); I try with MID, LEFT and RIGHT combinate, but the length of the string is different in each string. I need something that remove the "+" between the numbers. Thanks, Apaxe2000 Use Text to Columns and the "+" as the delimiter. Using your sample data in A1 and A2. Select A1 & A2. Go to Data, Text to Columns. Select "Delimited" as your option and click nex...

number of reports
I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of manually count it one by one? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Could you please be more specific? "number of report" has no real meaning to me. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hakeem777 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of > manually count it one by one? Thanks. > > -- > Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com > > ...

How to convert Excel imported numbers from text to numbers?
We have a software package from which we can export data to MS Excel. However, when exported it arrives in Excel as text. Even though they are numbers, they act like text. The only way to convert them text to numbers is to edit the cell (press F2) and hit enter. I've tried every other method of copying and pasting (even pasting special), but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Copy an empty cell, select the import and paste special and select add -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Alden" <Alden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6559CB40-4CF3-4C55-8EC3-32...

identify highest and lowest number in a list
hi I need to be able to look through a list of numbers and identify the highest and lowest number in the list. The list can vary in length up to 60 or so entries, and not all of the cells will have data in them. I know there's a conditional format in there somewhere but that's about it! Have you tried the MAX() and MIN() functions? Look them up in Help. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "peter terry" <peter.terry63@tiscali.c...

Road map with Chart Conditional Formating
Hi! I've tried to work through the several charts formatting techniques bu still haven�t found the answer to what seems to be a simple concept. I work at a motorway concessionaire. Our traffic comparisons are mad in relation to a reference traffic scenario, being divided in su stretches with different length. 1 THE SIMPLE WAY (NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ANYONE I HOPE The length should be in the x axis of this chart. Only one bar would b necessary, being that a sum of the several bars (stacked bar chart? with it�s length proportional to the sub stretches length. Each bar should have a differe...

Extracting the number from a text
Hi, In a cell say C3, the value is such as S9(09)V(05). the value of that cell might be in one of the following format: (1) S(9)V(5) (2) S9(09)V(05) (3) S9(9)V(05) (4) S9(09)V(5) (5) S(11) My requirement is: i need to get the numbers extracted which, is present before & after the letter 'V' & enclosed in parantheses. In some cases, the letter V may not be there. (for ex: point 5 - here, only one number is there ie.11) This extraction should happen ONLY if the cell E3 has the value "COMP-3." Thanks in Advance. Venkatesh V First number: =IF($E$3="COMP...

Generating 10 unique random numbers
I need to generate 10 unique random numbers between 1 and 100 I can't do that with RAND()*100-1 as I keep getting double numbers. How can I do this?? Thanks John John McGimpsey has a User Defined Function for this. Returns non-repeating integers. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 01:44:42 +0200, CommiC <erigro@wanadoo.nl> wrote: > > >I need to generate 10 unique random numbers between 1 and 100 >I can't do that with RAND()*100-1 as I keep getting double numbers. >How can I do this?? > >Thanks ...

Where do I find the Product Identification Number to
The Product Identification Number can be found by going to the Application menu. For example, if you have Word open, choose the Word menu and select About Word. At the bottom you will find the Product ID. Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "lauren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6fa101c3e770$27b14bf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Conditional Format to highlight rows
Column A is not formatted as a date but does contain the year and month as 2010 03. How can I use Conditional Formatting to highlight that row when it is the current month and current year? thanks to all... Use the formula =AND(--LEFT(A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT(A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) as your condition. Or =AND(--LEFT($A2,4)=YEAR(TODAY()),--RIGHT($A2,2)=MONTH(TODAY())) if you want to highlight the whole row. -- David Biddulph "Jack Deuce" <stephen.moore@REMOVETOREPLYipa.net> wrote in message news:ripko51hnsc1sh8n1i126laq9vmtmnkon0@4ax.com... > Colu...

numbers and text in Excel to read as text keeping the leading zer.
I am trying to open a CSV file, one column is String but contains numerics with leading Zero (ex. "00123456"). When I open it in Excel it looses the leading Zeros, how can I keep it ON. I tried to pass the apostrophie ' , but this did not help my problem as it still shows in the cell untill I Edit the cell and re-enter it. Thank you Raouf I don't know on the actual importation. But, you could easily: A B C 1 Number 00 =B2 & A1 Drag down Row C. Then Select all row C, then copy, paste special, values. Done. >-----Original Message----- ...

convert numbers to dates #2
thanks to you all now sorted -- jimbo693 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263696 ...

Is it possible to format a PSObject with a .ps1xml file?
This might be a totally ridiculous question...but here goes anyway: I have a couple of filters in modules that write PSObjects to output using code like: $x = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ one = "one" two = "two" } Write-Output $x There's just way more properties. How does one specify 'default' formatting styles for a System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject like you can with other types using .ps1xml files? That may not even be the right question to ask. What I'd like would be a way to define the default formatting for ...

Sequential Form Field Number Formula
I am not sure how to do the following. We have project numbers that are made up of 3 parts "C" (representing Customer), "10" (representing last two digits of year), and then a 3 digit number starting with "000". My issues is I need a default that looks adds 1 to the last 3 digits. So if the Project number was C10000 then the default for a new project should be C10001, C10099 becomes C10100, etc. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:21:54 GMT, "szag...

email format is changed from HTML to Text
I haven't done any research on this, I hope someone has the answer. Sometimes when I reply to a message, the email format is changed from HTML to Plain text automatically, It does't happen when I am writing a new email, it is just sometimes when I am replying. Are you sure that the message to which you are replying is HTML and not just plain text with foreign encoding? For example, I set the encoding for this message to Turkish, but it is still plain text. It just doesn't appear that way (to me anyway, and possibly also you). Ray at work "Alex Perez" <aperezny@h...

Pre Assigned serial numbers on MO's
I am looking for the table, I would like to create a smartlist that shows all the remaining pre assigned serial numbers and the manufacturing order number. Does anyone know the table for the pre assigned serial numbers? thanks! -- Doug MOP1042 should be the table you're after "Doug" wrote: > I am looking for the table, I would like to create a smartlist that shows all > the remaining pre assigned serial numbers and the manufacturing order number. > > Does anyone know the table for the pre assigned serial numbers? > > thanks! > -- > Doug ...

Can the max. number of 65,000 rows in Excel be increased?
I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel spreadsheet. Hi You can go as far as 65536 - and no further! -- Andy. "JWallCovista" <JWallCovista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD152297-DA57-4401-9A0A-3EC4307AF1BA@microsoft.com... >I need the ability to download more than 65,000 rows into an Excel >spreadsheet. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel If you do a google search you'll find some macros that people have offered that will put the first 65k+ rows in the first sheet, the next 65k in t...

how can i get the date & time format 2010/02/17 12:05 in excel
I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Right click the cell>Format cells>Click Custom and enter the below format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm Now try entering a date in that cell. To enter todays date use the short key Ctrl + ; -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing my doubts. Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(I3:I71,"mmyyyy")="032010")*(H3:H71)) -- Jacob "NarenSelva" wrote: > I would like to share my knowledge by improving & clearing...

format cells #6
I have solved this so it is just my curiosity at play here. Using someone else's sheet, I entered a formula (=D235/80) into a cell expecting a numeric result not realizing that the cell was formatted as Text (so I got to see the formula as text). So I changed the cell format to Number with 4 places. To my surprise, the cell still displayed the formula. I looked for a leading ' or space but there was none. Retyping the formula produced the result I expected in the first place. What is going on? TIA Len ______________________________________________________ Changing the forma...

Make all number values BOLD that meet criteria ?
New to the board ! I'm sure my question is easy for all you gurus ! I've read around and it looks like I will need to use VBA to do what want but I want to make sure. I am working with lotto numbers so you have five columns x about 150 rows , each cell with one number value . I would like to make BOLD only the prime numbers. THEN...I want to have excel count how many prime numbers in each row. suppose you could just have excel count the number of bold values afte you have excel turn all prime bold. Anyway, conditional formating gives me only 3 filters. There are 1 prime number...

date formatting BUG for CRM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
When I use case customization, and want to display the datetime of createdon instead of date, I click formatting tab, the Display Type dropdownlist only has ONE item Date Only. Thus I cannot format it to Date and Time like mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm Is this a microsoft bug ? Afraid this is "as designed". Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:17:05 -0800, "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: When I use case customization, and want to display the datetime of created...

FRx 6.7 sp5 and Exporting to Formatted Excel
I've seen problems with the export to formatted Excel. A company running FRx 6.7 sp4 says it's taking 4 to 6 hours to create the files. The processing of data takes about 20 minutes. It's the actual spreadsheet tab creation that's taking so long. They have 4 companies and 99 units over all in the tree. When they had sp2, it was running no longer than an hour. Has anybody been running sp5 (available in November) and successfully exported to formatted Excel in a reasonable amount of time? -- Charles Allen, MVP ------=_NextPart_0001_2CF9059E Content-Type: text/plain Con...

how do I count the number of times a word is repeated in a range?
Adapted from Dave Peterson's fine earlier post........... =SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:C101)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1:C101),UPPER(D1),"")))/LEN(D 1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "sol" <sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC007FA4-1A54-4EA2-9748-D56A53A68DD2@microsoft.com... > Try here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=235 or here http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...