Combo Boxes #4

Can someone please tell me how I lock a combo box to a
cell?
0
anonymous (74722)

Right-click on the control and click Format control, then select tab
Properties.

HTH,
Nikos

"RF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please tell me how I lock a combo box to a
> cell?

Can I get MS Outlook to download emails from BTY boxes other than the Inbox? #2
I have set up filters on my BT Yahoo account (web mail?) to ensure that messages I want aren't trapped by SPAM filters etc, and these get diverted to a folder I have created in my BTY account. Can I get MS Outlook to download these messages, i.e. download from my BTY Inbox as now and also the BTY folder I have created? If so how? TIA. Chris. How you configure your web mail account view should have no bearing on outlook. http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?p_sid=C29Tdv8j&p_faqid=6381&cat_lvl1=346&cat_lvl2=401&cat_lvl3=412&p_cv=3.412&...

How do I get the color of an edit box background?
Hi: I have a vc++6.0 application that has a dialog box with some edit boxes whose color I want to have match the color of the dialog box. To do this I created a OnCtlColor function as follows: HBRUSH CAlarmDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); const COLORREF darkGrey = (RGB(190,190,190)); LOGBRUSH m_DGBrushStruct; HBRUSH m_DGBrush; m_DGBrushStruct.lbStyle = BS_SOLID; m_DGBrushStruct.lbColor = darkGrey; m_DGBrushStruct.lbHatch = 0; m_DGBrush = ::CreateBrushIndirect (&m_DGBrushStruct); switch (nCtlColo...

PST file #4
My Outlook PST file was 1.5 gig. I deleted 500 meg worth of sent files and unused folders, then I emptied the "Deleted" folder. I followed the instructions to manually compact, and the size is still 1.5 gig. Why doesn't the compacting recover the space I know I've deleted? i'm running into same problem..not sure why its doing that. if i find out anything i will let you know. Do you know how to block an email address in outlook 2002? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook PST file was 1.5 gig. I deleted 500 meg worth >of sent files and unused folders,...

File Not Found #4
I have Excel 2000, and I use Paste Links often. Sometimes one of my files seems to get "infected" in such a way that when I open it, I get a "File Not Found" window that seems to be looking for another file that has been moved to another folder or deleted and which bears no relation to the file just opened. I have tried everything I can think of to stop this window from appearing but with no success. The help files in Excel are of no help. This not a fatal problem but a constant nuisance. Any suggestions anybody? It sounds as if your workbook has a link to anot...

Unbound Combo box Value
Hello, could anyone please help. I have a unbound combobox as a lookup tool. user can click on the user name listed in the combobox and it will trigger the (after_update) event and the information for the user will be populate on the record field. Private Sub Combobox_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Me.Requery Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[UserID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combobox], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub However, when I assign the value on the combobox via VBA. Us...

Display combo box in the selected cell
Hi, I have developed an application which interacts with the Excel instance and opens the documents etc. My problem is now I want to display a combo box in the cell selected by the user at run time. The combo box needs to be filled with an array of names. And I should handle the change event of com box as well. Can any one tell me the way to display a combo box in the selected cell at run time by using c#? Thanks in advance, Venkat ...

Displaying next line and tabs in Edit Box
Hello All I want to display the following string in edit box CString strRequest = "Aftab\nAlam\t\tTabs spaces"; tabs and spaces are displayed correctly but \n is displayed as a small black character what I will have to do to get it displayed like as endline. as if we display it using MessageBox(strRequest); Regards Muhammad Aftab Alam Try using "\r\n" instead of "\n". -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Aftab Alam" <aftab.alam@ascertia.com> wrote in message news:OhwZb98RDHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

invoke-command to run executable on remote box
Hi, I have Powershell V2 and I am trying to run an executable on remote boxes as a job but with different params via invoke-command. I have: ============================== $cmd = "D:\test.exe" $args = "testargument" invoke-command -computer testBox -scriptblock {invoke-expression "$cmd"} -ArgumentList $args -asjob ============================== I need the $cmd and $args defined outside of the invoke-command because they will be different based on situations. I get the error: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Command' because it is ...

Comment Type Box??
Is it somehow possible to assign a description box/ comment box to an item so that when that item is entered or scanned it pops up allowing text to be entered. (A bit like ctrl+F10). Any help would be brill !! Really the only way out of the box is with CTRL+F10. A customization would certainly be able to make this happen though. If you are intested in finding out what it would take to make happen, drop me an email and we can discuss. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us ...

Sync Services check box won't stay checked

emails appearing after 4 years, again! #4
I've recieved an email that was sent to me 4 years ago, in my Inbox. What causes this? The Sender is still working with me and he definitely does not have a copy of the letter. ...

Data migration from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (hosted)
Hi, Does Data Migration Manager support the above? We need to migrate accounts, contacts and related history and activities from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (which will be partner hosted). Thanks. The Data Migration Manager provides out of box maps for ACT 6. But it should be able to migrate records from ACT 10 too. you need to create/update maps for the entities you need to migrate. One good option may be to start with ACT 6 map and add mappings if there is any unmapped entity/attribute. Thanks, Koushik "The Office Guy" <TheOfficeGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Out Of Office Assistance #4
Hi, I am Running Active Directory 2003 and Exchange Svr Std 2003 on my Domain. I have setup so users can use the Out Of Office Assistant tool. The Out Of Office Assistance only works on Some user accounts and Not all. All users can activate the Out Of Office Assistance using Outlook 2003 but only a few users are able to send Automatic Replies back. Is this a known issue? If someone has a solution please let me know. Thanks, ...

Pivot table problems #4
I'm trying to create a pivot table and I'm having problems with 1 field. The error message reads: A field in your data source has more unique items than can be used in a pivot table. Can anyone help me find the problem? The pivot table works fine up to 8000 rows. After 8,000 this error message appears. Look in help for specifications, then look for pivot table report specifications you are allowed 32500 unique items avoid putting numeric data fields as column or row fields, here's a kb for 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820742/ -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No priva...

Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the facility name and address information entered). How do I link the command button function to the combo box? I know their is probably a simple answer to this question. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! Mary ...

Setting up CRM 4.0 Services on specific days of the week.
Does anyone know if you can set up Services to start on specific Days of the week? You can set them to start every X days, but not, say, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. My client runs Lessons that go from Mondays-Weds, and they'd like to restrict scheduling this service only to these days of the week. Does anyone know of a hack to accomplist this? create a new entity, call it working days or whatever you like and use it from within the service entity. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Dodd wrote: > Does anyone know if you can set up S...

Ldap box at Outlook 2003 startup
I just installed Outlook 2003 and everytime it starts up I get a LDAP box that I have to cancel out of. How can I remove this, the settings all say Null. Thanks, Ed To dump it goto: tools...email accounts under directory choose "view or change exsisting directories or address books" Then delete the LDAP... Brian "Ed Manning" <edhawk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<05fa01c399d8$e4180170$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > I just installed Outlook 2003 and everytime it starts up > I get a LDAP box that I have to cancel out of. How can I > remove this, the s...

How to print a full page (8.5x11) flyer 4 up on a page
I can not figure it out and i can't find it in help. 4 horizontal panels on an 8�"x11" sheet of paper? -- Don Vancouver, USA "(PDS)Chris" <(PDS)Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC7D0BEE-242E-4938-A275-944607455946@microsoft.com... >I can not figure it out and i can't find it in help. Kinda skinny fliers "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message news:11jb363penasp26@corp.supernews.com... |4 horizontal panels on an 8�"x11" sheet of paper? | | | -- | Don | Vancouver, USA | | | &...

Tooltip causes an ASSERT() in a child dialog box
Hello experts, I already posted about my problem a couple of days ago, but it's not solved yet and I have some more details about it. Using MS VC 6.0 and Vista. I create a CTabCtrl control in a dialog box. For each tab, a child dialog box contains a bunch of controls (CEdit, CComboBox...). I can display tooltips for each control, no problem. The problem is that when the cursor (I mean the mouse) leaves a control, if it enters the tooltip area, I get an ASSERT() warning: In WinCore.cpp void CWnd::AssertValid() const { .... // should be a normal window ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); .... ...

enable/disable text box based on 3 combos
hi i have 3 combos (user chooses Yes or No from a drop down) and a text field that is disabled by default and i'm trying to enable if either one of these 3 combos has "NO" value. So here is what i have and it's not working so far. Private Sub Form_current() If Me.Combo1 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo2 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo3 = "NO" Then Me.Text = True Else Me.Text.Enabled = False End If End If End If End Sub Any suggestions? Thanks Text is a Reserv...

Selection List box in a cell?
How do I use one sheet to allow the user to enter text in each cell of a column. Then in another sheet convert it to a selection list in one cell ? Hutch, You can accomplish that using Data|Validation|Allow List. The List reference should be to a Named Range where the user inputs their data. You should be able to use a dynamic range that would allow for a variable list length using something similar to the formula below as the Name Definition =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A) To create the named range. (This formula would assume that there is no row heading and that there would be no o...

Question Regd. Dialog boxes and views
Hi, My application should do something like this. When I click a menu item, a dialog is displayed and after entering values and clicking OK, the entered values are displayed in the view. I have done so far. Now after invoking the dialog, filling the values and clicking OK, I need these values to be displayed in a new frame. How do I go about doing this? With regards ...

Form mysteriously stops accepting VB changes to values in text boxes????
Hello Everyone, Something mysterious has happened to my form: I had code to the following effect being executed as part of Form_Open: With Me ... ... .txtDIC.Value = intEDays ... ... End With Where .txtDIC is a bound text box control. Everything was fine until recently, when I started getting the error message: **************** Run-time error '2448' You can't assign a value to this object **************** I replaced it with... strSQL = "UPDATE tblCustOrds SET DaysInCell = " & intEDays & " WHERE ID = " & ..OpenArgs CurrentDb()....

Win2k Service pack 4 Problem
Hello All I have installed windows 2000 service pack 4 and have installed my (service pack 3 )tested and working software but it is not working on it what might be the problems it is an MFC Application and a third party tool kit is used in it Regards Muhammad Aftab Alam well It doesnt execute, means nothing is done when we double click exe file to run it :). within this project there is another exe file which is pure MFC based no 3rd party toolkit used it runs fine., A dll which is called by out look explorer that gets called by Windows when any Cryptographic Operation is to be performed ...

CRM 4.0 Workflow to clear a field
In CRM 3.0 I could write a manual workflow to clear a field. How do I do this in 4.0? How do I do this when the field is required? James Hi JamesE, in the workflow you select "Add Step" and and "Update Record". Select the field you want to clear, go to the "Operator" picklist and select "clear". Works for me also on required fiels, however I tested it only on one. Best, Henrik http://henrikschmidt.blogspot.com/ "JamesE" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 I could write a manual workflow to clear a field. > How do I do this in 4.0? > H...