Combining Several Excel "Forms"

I have several excel "Forms" (data in non-tabular format).

Is there a way to combine all of these excel documents into one tabular sheet?

The data is composed of various specific data and the data is in the same
cell for each specific type.

Thanks a lot,

Jonathan
0
Eskimo1 (9)

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Accessing sub forms
Dear Access Experts, I'm using Access 2003 and I'm having the following problem. I have a form (called MainForm) that contains 2 sub forms (called SubForm1 and SubForm2). Both SubForm1 and SubForm2 are datasheet views. When the selected row changes in SubForm1, I need to change the RecordSource property in SubForm2. The row changed event I'm capturing in the Form_Current() sub on SubForm1. I thought I would be able to access SubForm2 from SubForm1 with something along the lines of: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Parent!Subform2.Form.RecordSource = "select * from mySubT...

sizing forms; STAY !
I have ,sadly, a customer who really cares about the size of the forms - and worse , cares about extra "gray area" after the last fields are shown I've tried me.width = #### and I tried setting it in properties. and I've tried dragging it larger. Nothing works - the form goes back to what it want to be - Any way to make a form stay the size its told ? On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:55:59 -0400, barret bonden wrote: > I have ,sadly, a customer who really cares about the size of the forms - > and worse , cares about extra "gray area" after the last > f...

Updating values in 2 forms
I have a script starting with the "FindAll" dialog that helps me search thru several sheet in a particular workbook. When I press "Find Next", the value of ActiveCell is updated in an UserForm1.txtLayout text box. Unfortunately, I dont know how to do it in any other workbook without inserting the following code it in all the sheets in the document. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.txtLayout.Text = ActiveCell.Text End Sub If any idea please let me know!It is very frustrating! Compile succesfully! ...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

Linked forms
I'm trying to open one form (frmSummary) from another (frmContacts) and pass data to the second form when it opens. I thought I had the code right, but it's not working. Not sure if this would make a difference or not, but ClientCaseInfoID on the first form is held in a combo box that is based on a query. Here's the code I'm using: Private Sub Label43_Click() DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmSummary" stLinkCriteria = "...

Access ADDINs for Forms (HELP)
Does someone have code for an Access database form that can look at the contents of a directory and display in a form window with options of ICONS, LIST, DETAILED LIST simular to how Windows explorer works? Thank you in advance for your help..... Mike "Michael Kintner" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in news:13fq5lh91eju04@corp.supernews.com: > Does someone have code for an Access database form that can look > at the contents of a directory and display in a form window with > options of ICONS, LIST, DETAILED LIST simular to how Windows > explorer works? > &...

Updating with forms
Using Access 2002. A form based on a query in general allows for data entry. However when I add another specific table and its link to the main source of the query (another table) the query/form prohibits produces a result but does not allow for data entry/update? How do i determine what is causing this? i remove the linked table from the query and the resultant form now allows for updating/data entry. Victor Use "updateable query" as a search topic in Access HELP or on-line. Not all queries are updateable, since Access may not be able to tell from the query's fi...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

Access 2007-Displaying Two Forms in One screen with tabs
I want to have a form open up with tabs across the top to enter different information. An Example of this would be the students template, click on student information, then there is a tab for parent/guardina information then a tab for Medical information and then a tab for attendance. I cannot seem to get this programmed for my database. Can someone please help me. -- Thanks, Rackerman Not sure what your specific problem is, but here is some basic info about tab controls. You can put the basic student information controls on the first page of the tab control. To put c...

Add graphics and/or labels to forms?
Hi, we've got about 6 tabs on one form. We would like to add a unique graphic to each of the tabs, with explanatory text for each of the graphics. Is this possible in MS CRM 1.2? How would I go about it (can't just "add field" on form customizer)? Thanks! ...

Working with forms
I have created an Utility application in VBA/Excel. Application starts with Form which is opened excusively in current Excel Session. This requires me to start separate excel session for other works. Is there any way that I can use Forms which does not open excel excusively? I think you can still open another session of excel or Do you want to use form show.vbmodeless? ...

export VBA code in forms, modules and reports
I'm wondering if there's an automated (ie, using VBA) method to write the VBA code that underlies my forms and reports to a text output file, external to the database. For example, if I have a form called frmItems that has a module, is there a way I could create a file called "frmItems_vba.txt" that would have the VBA code from the module associated with the form? Thanks! Take a look at the undocumented SaveAsText method. I talked about it in my February 2005 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can read ...

Re-Post-Refreshing Form with Multiple Forms and Fields
Would anyone be able to assist with this challenge. Thank you. I have a main screen form that allows entry to start from that location. It has four subforms and some other fields that are picked from other locations to filter the record. My challenge is it does not Refresh right away. I have tried putting Refresh and Repaint etc in the main form code but it still doesn't refresh. I put a Refresh button on it and that works but it's slow. Can anyone tell me what would be a more efficient method to get this screen to refresh right away. Thank you, Refresh and Repaint are n...

Organisational Forms in 2003.
Hi We have 40 forms on Exchange 5.5 (holiday, sickness, etc) and I need to move them to Exchange 2003. Is this an easy port or are there some serious issues I need to be aware of Can anyone provide me with a link to a document about using Organisational forms on Exchange 2003 Thanks Churchill ...

buttons to open new forms dont work
i made a form, added a button to open a new form in design view, went to form view, clicked the button doesnt work. i found out it doesnt work because i saved this access as a 2003 version when im using access 07. can any1 help me, & provide a SIMPLE ANSWER on how to fix this. Please dont say anything like, convert it into the 07 version because i have to use the 2003 version, CHEERS What do you get? an error message or the button doesn't work (no response) What is the code behind the OnClick event of the button? Check the OnClick event again, mybe the event was removed from ...

MS Money 2003, Dates on Transaction Forms
I am running MS Money 2003 Standard. Frequently while paying bills in my checking account when I click on Common Withdrawls/Upcoming Bills, and click on a bill, the date window in the transaction form displays a very old date, rather than the current bill "due date". How can I cure this problem? Thank you, Charles ...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

OWA and Forms Based Authentication
I recently enabled Forms Based Auth, and installed the certificate and require 128-bit encryption. All works great, I can access my mail via the https:// link. The problem lies in when I try to send a message and the automatic spell check tries to start. An error comes up stating that the spell check failed to start and the message is immediatly placed in the drafts folder WITHOUT the message body. Also, all of the external links that are provided in the message body of an email opens another window that contains the form authentication splash page, and even if I enter my credentials it...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
I did what you said but now I cannot find the *.oft file that I saved. How do I open that file? "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%23fsvHoSTHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... I said you should not use a ***published*** custom form. If all you need is a standard message to send frequently, turn off Word as your email editor, create the message, save it as an .oft file. You can then turn WordMail back on. When you want to send a message, just double-click the .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Out...

E-forms language not present.
I'm needing to install a new Eforms Registry on one of our Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers. However, the "English(USA)" selection is missing from the E-forms Language pull-down menu. Anyone know the process (or pointer to the process) to add the language? Thanks... ------------------------------------------------- Only in America will someone | order a Big Mac, large fries, | bofh@visi.com and a *Diet* Coke... | That usually means that it is already installed. Double check the Eforms registry. Nue "john doe" <bofh@visi.com> wrote in message new...

More Control on Left navigation in Detail Forms
Need more control to move up and down the Left navigation on the detail forms when database references are created. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5f9d83f...

synchronize sub forms-part 2
Trying to sync subform records. Used code from my previous question on this subject, but records do not sync until after the record is changed (on navigation bar). I have a main form (frm1) and six sub forms (fsub1-fsub6). In fsub1 On Current Event: Forms![frm1]![fsub2].Requery In fsub2 On Current Event: If IsNull(Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID) = False Then Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[ID] = " & Forms![frm1]![fsub1].Form!ID Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark Else Forms![fsub1].SetFocus DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End If ...