Combining date and time into one cell

I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell.  How
can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ?

Thanks.
0
Kellyc (2)

Date in A1, time in B1, combined in C1: formula is =A1+B1 and format as you
describe.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Kelly C"
<KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell.  How
>can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ?
>
>Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/22/2005 10:05:12 PM
=TEXT(A1,"m/dd/yy ")&TEXT(B1,"hh:mm")

is one way

--

HTH

RP

"Kelly C" <KellyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the date (m/dd/yy) in one cell and time (hh:mm) in another cell.
How
> can I merge these two in one cell with the format m/dd/yy hh:mm ?
>
> Thanks.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

UTF-7 or UTF-8 which one?
Hi, I am changing the international options in Outlook 2003 to unicode and have two option Unicode UTF-7 and UTF-8. Would anybody know what is better or preferred, and if so why? Thanks Lisa ...

Counting spefic cell (not a range) with a value greater than 1
I am looking for a formula to count specific cells and a range (A5, A10, A15, A20 and so on) but only count when the value is greater than $1.00. So if the value of cell A5 was $1.50, the value of cell A10 was $1.25, the value of cell A15 was $0.50 and the value of cell A20 was $2.00 the total count would be 3. I'm stumped! =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE((A5,A10,A15,A20,A25),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(A5,A10,A15,A20,A25))))>1)) however if you want to sum every 5th cell greater than 1 you can use =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A5:A50),5)=0),--(A5:A50>1)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblo...

Mark to Download messages only works on one message
Outlook 2002 - I have the option to download messages under 50kb checked. If I receive more than one message over that limit, I cannot select them all and choose to mark for download as that option is missing from the right-click context menu. I can do it on individual messages, even though the option to download says "message(s)"! Am I missing something here? ...

How do I align numbers where one number has a dollar sign?
How do I align a column of numbers where the first number has a dollar sign? Like this, $280 60 50 Total $390 When I try to add the dollar sign, Excel "shifts" the number slightly more to the left of the other numbers, resulting in a slightly uneven alignment. Also, I'd like the dollar sign number to align w/ the total amt. What's the best way to do this? Probably Excel applies an accounting number format. Select the cell, and go to the Formatting dialog, Number tab, and select Custom. The Type box on the right says $#,##0_);[Red]($#,...

Import data files larger than one spreadsheet maximum?
We are trying to import a very large (e.g., 1.4 million rows) data file into Excel. This exceeds the row limit in Excel. Is there a solution without going to Access that would permit creating sequential; i.e., the data could span or be linked across multiple spreadsheets. Thank you, Bob Bob It cannot be done easily... what are you trying to achieve? If it is a final summary report, then consider using ODBC from your data source into an Excel pivot table. I bring 250,000+ each week and it works great. If you are just looking to bring in flat data...honestly... you have the wrong to...

Trying to split up info in one cell to several
I am working on a home PC, Excel 2003. I have a column (it is column C of A thru K, if that matters) of data that includes street address (may include suite number, etc.), city, state, zip and all info is separated by commas except state and zip. I am trying to separate the information in this column so that each part is in its own column. I need to keep all of the address (street number, street name, PO box number, suite number, etc. together) in one field, city in the next field, then state, then zip. The problem I am having when converting text to columns using the comma as the d...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

RMS should have a search strategy for "date account opened"
EOM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b38650c-32cb-40cb-8b52-e4aab95e11f9&dg=microsoft.public.pos you can do this with reports. "samax" <s...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

outlook wants to install every time
OK, here is the deal: I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and configured Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine. I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start Outlook. Now Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all from my computer". As this pc will be used by many people who have no local administrator rights I do not want to spend time on giving them those rights and handing them the cd. Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent outlook from ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants ...

Best to have all one's styles in "Normal Template" ?
I assume one can save styles to other than one's Normal Template. Do the experts recommend also saving any added styles to the Normal Template so that one Template contains all of one's styles? Or perhaps, if it is advisable to have one template have them all, it is best to have that repository be a template other than the Normal Template? Thanks for any advice. -- Norm Hi Norm: I recommend having different templates for the different types of documents that you create. In them, I suggest keeping the built-in styles defined for each document type. I rar...

DPM 2010 release dates
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could define what the current projected release dates for DPM 2010 are? I'm specifically looking for RC and RTM dates. I've heard that the RTM is now expected to ship in early summer and wanted to confirm. Here is an old information I gathered before. I am not sure it is still accurate. So lets wait for the DPM team's answer: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/12/dpm-2010-timeline.html -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications...

VLOOKUP to return Cell Address
I have a table, and I want to do a Vlookup on Column1, and when I find what I am looking for, I want to sum column 2 from that row down to the bottom of the table. For example, Item 1 2345 Item 2 3478 Item 3 1298 Item 4 123 Item 5 1233 I want to find "Item 3" and then I want to be able to return the sum of (1298+123+1233). How would I do this? My thoughts were that I would do a lookup to get the row numner of "Item 3" and then do a sum() with the cell range starting from the row where I found "Item 3" but I'm not sur...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #2
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ hi on sheet 2 in your specific cell put this =sheet1!A1 regards FSt1 "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do not...

Copying image to cell
Hi. I am using Excel 2002 (XP). I would like to accomplish the following for some cells. If the cell is below a certain value, the cell value is CIRCLED in green. If the cell value is above a certain value, the cell value is BOXED in red. I can achieve the boxing in red by using conditional formatting of the cell borders, but I cannot figure out how to accomplish the circle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mike. One way: put this in your worksheet code module: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Const CERTAIN_VALUE = 100 Dim cell As Range Dim shp As ...

Last Meeting Date
I am looking for a way to populate the last meeting date into a custom field of a contact entity. I did not see how to do this with the MS Workflow. You can't do that from workflow unless you going to write a workflow assemly to pull the information through web service or filtered views. Are you familiar with the CRM 3.0 SDK? Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 30, 10:10 am, "tim" <computerti...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for a way to populate the last meeting date into a custom > field of a contact entity. I did not see how...

how to do a repeated operations with one keystroke
I print many orders in one day and end up doing the same seven steps everytime i want to print. i choose to save the file, i choose to print it to the printer, etx. Is there some way I can record those choices and have them all done when i just press one thing?? Have you tried recording a macro, then play the macro via pull down menus or from smartlist? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "please please hel...

Cell contents?
Is it possible for a cell to contain a numerical value, which is used for various calculations, and an alphabetical designator that prints but does not affect calculations? Example: If cell A1 contains an entry of 6, and cell A2 contains an entry of 6z, is there a way for the addition of the two cells to show 12, or their multiplication to show 36, yet still display 6z in cell A2 when the sheet is printed? Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preference...

Count consecutive cells
I have a table which tracks the attendance at an event over the years. Each time someone attends, I enter 1 in the column for that year, otherwise blank. I'd like to know the most consecutive events people have attended. So, if I have rows like (with 'b' representing a blank cell): Name1 b 1 1 1 b 1 1 1 1 b 1 b 1, most consecutive = 4 Name2 1 1 b b 1 b b b b 1 b 1 1, most consecutive = 2 Name3 1 1 1 1 1 1 b 1 1 1 1 b 1, most consecutive = 6 Name4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 b 1 1 1, most consecutive = 9 Name5 b b b b b b 1 b 1 b 1 b b, most consecutive = 1 Is there a formula I can use to c...

Remove Spacing In A Cell
I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: 0 11111 22222 3 011111222223 I have tried Clean, Trim, & Substitute. Anyone have any answers or Ideas? Thanks, Hi Span, See David McRitchie's TrimAll page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall --- Regards, Norman "Span" <Span@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1343031C-1E8E-4CA8-8B51-B353B734BAE6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to eliminate spacing for a upc in a cell. For a example: > 0 11111 22222 3 > 011111222223 > > I have tried Cl...

How do extract cells from hundreds of excel files and put in one n
I need to extract expense totals from employee expense reports and put in to one file for import then in to the payroll system fo reimbursement. Lots of unanswered, but needed information with this question. Generally this can be done relatively easily, with a big "IF" - and that IF is whether all of the files you'd be examining (the employee expense reports) have the same format, content and layout. Get in touch with me via email through (remove spaces) Help From @ jlatham site.com and we can gather some more information and probably have a solution in your han...

Inserting text within a cell
I would like to insert a , with a cell. i have Wood T 3,1 i would like to have Wood T,3/1 Sorry it should read I have Woods T 3/1 i want Woods T, 3/1 Thank you "Hayley" wrote: > I would like to insert a , with a cell. > > i have Wood T 3,1 > > i would like to have > Wood T,3/1 If cell A1 contains (surname)(single space)(single initial)(single space)(score), the following will achieve what you want: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)&","&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-LEN(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1))) HTH "Hayley" wrote: >...

Restrict login to one network user
I would have a workstation using XP professional connected to a domain. I would like to have that workstation only allow login by one specific network user and the local machine administrator As things are configured now anyone with a network ID and password could login there. I want to restrict that to one user who has specific network security set up. Can I have the workstation automatically startup to that user and only allow access to the administrator if safe mode is entered? Thanks ...

Automatic Disable of Autoformat in Excel without selecting range of cells
Hi, Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in excel without specifying the range of cells that do not need formatting. Thanks. Do you want Excel to stop copying the formatting from rows above? If so, you can do the following: 1. Choose Tools>Options. 2. On the Edit tab, remove the check mark from 'Extend list formats and formulas' 3. Click OK Iris wrote: > Hi, > > Please help on how to automatically disable autoformat in > excel without specifying the range of cells that do not > need formatting. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips...

Reply Signature does not appear if there is more than one reply
We are using Outlook and when a person sends an email and I click on reply or forward, my Signature is displayed. However, if I get an email that was originally sent to Person A and Person A sent it to Person B and then Person B sends it to me, when I click on reply or forward, the Signature will NOT show. Once the message gets sent to the second person and above and I reply there is no signature that attaches to the email. What can I do to get that changed? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. "ToferKing" <ToferKing@discussions.microsoft.com> w...