Combine multiple workbooks into one workbook

I would like to combine a number of workbooks inside a folder into one
workbook and maybe have the worksheet name be the name of the file or
something.  The core issue is combining them.  I have looked and I see how to
reverse it but not this exact thing, please help.

Workbook allready open
Hi... i have 2 excell cells that i paste onto a ppt slide as "linked object". Whenever i open the ppt, and choose to updated the external links, i get an "data.xls allready open. do you want to open it anyway?" This is because it updates the first figure, and then the second, but not using the same instance of the open workbook.. Is this a Ppoint error, or Excel error? (or perhaps my error... ) ...

pulling from multiple worksheets (SUMIF) with a single criteria
I am trying to do a SUMIF or VLOOKUP. If A2=X, find X listed in the following worksheet columns (Solid!$A$2:$A$65536) (FingerJoint!$A$2:$A$65536) (Prime!$A$2:$A$65536) (Oak!$A$2:$A$65536) (MDF!A$2:$A$65536) (PVC!$A$2:$A$65536) IF X is found in one of the worksheet ranges above, the put the pric that coorespons to X in. The price would be found in these columns i the respective worksheets (Solid!$I$9:$I$65536) (FingerJoint!$I$9:$I$65536) (Prime!$I$9:$I$65536) (Oak!$I$9:$I$65536) (MDF!$I$9:$I$65536) (PVC!$I$9:$I$65536) I believe that I am trying to do a SUMIF. This is what I have come u...

Can you post multiple batches at the same time?
We've been having wacky problems lately when we have two or more users posting sales batches at the same time. Specifically, we get errors with the glpBatchCleanup routine, and sometimes our batches don't get purged from the work tables even though they've been fully posted. Is there any restriction against posting multiple batches in the same series at the same time? Do any of you do it without problems (or, conversely, have you had problems doing so)? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

outlook error This one is for the experts
my outlook 2003 for some reason gives me this error: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp: 3f130f0 ModName:outllib.dll ModVer:11.0.5608.0 ModStamp: 3f35d24e fDebug:0 Offset:0013ce97 Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Randy What are you doing when you get this error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked: | my outloo...

Deleting Multiple Entries
I need to delete 12 months worth of entries... over 750 entries. Is there a way to perform a global delete? In Excel you can hold the shift key and drag the cursor over multiple entries and then delte. Is this possible with MS Money? Thank. In microsoft.public.money, John B wrote: >I need to delete 12 months worth of entries... over 750 entries. > >Is there a way to perform a global delete? > >In Excel you can hold the shift key and drag the cursor over multiple >entries and then delte. > >Is this possible with MS Money? Not as such. You could try a keyboard ma...

Multiple row selection!
Hi, Can anyone tell me why, when I select a single box near the bottom of a page, 3 or 4 rows are automatically selected? Thanks in advance, Jason On Feb 11, 4:33=A0am, Boenerge <Boene...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me why, when I select a single box near the bottom of a > page, 3 or 4 rows are automatically selected? > Thanks in advance, > Jason EXT may be activated, if EXT shows at the bottom of the screen, press F8 to turn it off ...

Search for multiple files
How do I search for multiple files in the Windows Explorer search box? I have tried or and , : ; \ with no luck. Thanks, Carol You can specify AND or OR in the query (must be in caps) http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/technicalresources/advquery.mspx -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Carol" wrote in message news:eaXPOqoTLHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... How do I search for multiple files in the Windows Explorer search box? I h...

how to take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets then a.
in excell how do I take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets and then take an average? Hi dinnon See http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "dinnon" <dinnon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6672F59-4553-445C-8B57-627CE2F34164@microsoft.com... > in excell how do I take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets and > then take an average? =AVERAGE(Sheet1:Sheet10!A1) If your sheets have unique names rather than the standard Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. best to insert a dummy sheet at be...

Multiple Tables in Query not Listing Data.
I cannot seem to get this correct. I am trying to run a query on two databases one of which is linked to the other. I am trying to get the query to display a 0 for the total defects counted from one table based on the date and time from another table. So far when I run the query I get only the counts from the values that are not null. Here is the SQL Statement: SELECT Pro_Total_by_Cell.Cell, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Shift, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Time, Pro_Total_by_Cell.ProTotal, Pro_Total_by_Cell.Time1, Hourly_Defects_by_Cell3.CountofFC, Control_Limit_by_Cell.UCL, IIf(IsNull([Counto...

Copying field value to multiple records in same table
I have an Access 2007 table with multiple records already created. I want to write the same value into the same field in each record. Is there a way to do that all at once or do I have to peck my way down the column containing the field one record at a time? Use an update query. The SQL for such a query would look like: UPDATE [YourTable] SET [YourField] = "SomeSpecificValue" In query design view == Add your table == Add the field to be changed == Select Query: Update == Run the query John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute Univers...

Downloaded Transaction from One Payee not showing
Recently I noticed that when I download my back statement that transactions from Toys "R" Us are not showing up in my register. I have check the ofx file and the transaction is there. I have not noticed this behavior with any other Payees. I have tried deleting Toys "R" Us from the payee list, but it has not helped. Any ideas? bump, any help? In microsoft.public.money, Alon wrote: >Recently I noticed that when I download my back statement that transactions >from Toys "R" Us are not showing up in my register. I have check the ofx >file and th...

Allow other values other than ones in Value List
Is there a way i can be permitted to add values to a drop down value list of a cell? If the value is not in the list at present i get a "The value you entered is not valid" error. I do not want to add that particular value to the list each time as it may never be used again, and the list would grow beyond the never never.... Any idea's? Corey, if this is from data validation uncheck show error alert on the error alert tab in data validation -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from...

how to create mutliple forms in just one
how to create mutliple forms in just one We don't have any context to go on, so any suggestions will be extremely general... Create multiple forms. Open one more new form and embed the others as subforms. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "isi" <isi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2C50B0-6ACF-45A6-B6B9-8A8DF6896723@microsoft.com... > how to create mutliple forms in just one ...

how do i insert two page borders in one page, top and bottom?
how do i insert two page borders in one page, top and bottom? Generally, you can insert page borders from the Page Borders tab of the Borders and Shading dialog box. Which page are we talking about here? A page in the middle of a document, the very first page of a document, or what? If the page in question is in the middle of a document, you'll need to add a section break (since page borders apply to sections), and then choose to add the border to "This section - first page only." -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "fil...

Calculation problems in large workbook
First, thanks to all in this newsgroup who have helped me get this far, both directly and indirectly. Thanks to your efforts I now have a huge workbook (5.03 MB, 45 worksheets) that works great, almost. I use this workbook to price wedding flowers, generate the quote for the bride, and generate order forms for flowers and supplies. First, there are several worksheets of "source data" that contain, essentially, my suppliers' catalogs (products, prices, etc.). Next is a "people" worksheet for each of the people in the wedding that gets flowers (bride, groom, at...

multiple companies using CRM?
Unsure how to really phrase this question, but is it possible to have multiple organizations manage their CRM using MS CRM? like a hosted solution? So if we got MS CRM can multiple companies use it? ie. http://crm.companyone.com and http://crm.companytwo.com .. etc The safest way would be for each org to have their own dedicated Domain environment. This is a common approach in hosting environments. As long as all the licensing is valid, then there shouldn't be a problem. There will be some issues with the SFO client though in a hosted environment. I know that Surebridge (now ...

Multiple types of views in MDI
Hi, Is it possible to have multiple types of views for the same document. E.g I want to show graphical data (lines, rectangles) etc in xml format like their point information,, symbology etc. in webbroser view type. also same time I want to display the geometry in another view derived from CView. How to have these kind of multiple templates. Any example anyone can suggest? Thanking you, Cric Absolutely possible! In fact, that's part of what MDI is all about! There are examples in the MSDN on how to do this. joe On 19 Apr 2006 05:51:49 -0700, "free2cric@yahoo.com" <fre...

Merging multiple spreadsheets by matching columns
As an Access Newbie I have been at this for two days. I have a Quickbooks inventory speadsheet and Multiple vender price spreadsheets. I would like to merge the "cost" column from the Multiple vendor spreadsheets onto the Quickbooks Inventory speadsheet using "part number" column as the matching field. It seems like a simple process in my head, but be damn if I can figure out how to translate those commands in Access '07 Is the a Template available that would help? ...

Login to AD from one VLAN to another
I have an XP pc in a separate VLAN (VLAN5) from the Domain Controller server(VLAN1) and I cannot get the PC to browse the domain using and also the group policy doesn't run. Has anyone done something like this and how did you get it to work? What do you mean browsing the domain? If you are talking about the network you will needs a WINS server. As far as group policy make sure the user and computer onject are within the Ou that the policy is being applied against and the computer or user has read and apply rights. http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/win2k/win2kgpolici...

one handle multiple threads
Is it ok to open a handle (e.g. file) in one thread and then use it in another thread as long as access is synchronized (e.g. through a mutex)? -- Torsten Torsten Curdt wrote: >Is it ok to open a handle (e.g. file) in one >thread and then use it in another thread >as long as access is synchronized (e.g. through > a mutex)? In general, yes. Windows HANDLEs are associated with the process, not the thread. -- Doug Harrison Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ Yes Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@web.de> wrote in message news:<bqi89u$233mnh$1@ID-37954.news.uni-berlin.de>... > Is it...

Displaying date ranges for multiple years
I'm using Excel 2002. I have a series of start and end dates from 1995-2005 that I would like to chart in a horizontal bar graph. The graph would have the months of the year on the x-axis and each year for each bar on the y-axis. Each bar would be filled for the values between the start and end date. I have drawn what the graph should look like, but apparently you can't attach files to these posts. I can email the jpeg to you if it would help visualize it. Thanks for any help. Jonathan You need a Gant chart. Use dates without a year, and Excel will fill in the current ...

Sorting multiple columns as 1 list alphabetically?
Can anyone help with a solution for something i'm trying to achieve in excel? I have a long list of names that spread many cells down as well as several columns across and i'm trying to sort the entire list into alphabetical order. I know I can sort one column at a time but that is not what i want to achieve. I need to be able to select all of the data and sort it into alphabetical order (with the a's starting in the first cell of the first column and the z's finishing in the last cell of the last column). What I really need to do is be able to link columns so that the data i...

How do I change word spacing (two characters) to (one character)?
I have a word document which has word spacing (two characters), How do I change the word spacing to (one character) automatically preferably? Since the document is 70 plus pages doing it by using the "spell and grammar check" is going to take hours. I'm using word 2002. Look under Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, Settings button, Spaces required between sentences: change to 1. This will now indicate any sentence spacings that are more than 1 as a grammar error. To change the existing double spacing you can easily use the Replace function to change double sp...

Free/Busy search acrosss multiple domains
We have 2 domains in the organization I work in and we are currently using Exchange 2003. Is there a way to do a a free/busy search across multiple domains? Our PC users are using Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003 and our Mac users are using Office 2001, Office X, Office 2004, including Entourage. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks! Lauren Do you mean across Exchange organizations? Look into the Interorg Replication Utility, which can synchronize free-busy data between organizations. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT by just ONE CLICK #3
i have hidden the form of getting $500 to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT....CLICK on the IMAGE which is on the RIGHT SIDE of the website http://www.infoaboutwebs.euro.st ...