Combination equalling total

 I have one large number. I also have numerous other numbers. I know that
some combination of the numerous numbers equals the large number. Is there
formula/function that would tell me which of the numbers this is?
0
MAC7203 (64)

The only code I'm aware of that does this is here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/pc09.shtml

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"S. Mac" <S. Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have one large number. I also have numerous other numbers. I know that
> some combination of the numerous numbers equals the large number. Is there
> formula/function that would tell me which of the numbers this is?

0
ng1 (1444)

Combine records in a single record
Dear friends, I have two tables, e.g. Table1 (NumberOfPlot - Primary key) Table2 (NumberOfPlot - foreign key, Species), which are related as One to Many. I need to create a query (?) to show in a single record the NumberOfPlot and only the first 3 related records (species) in the following format, e.g. ColumnA:121 (which is the plot number) ColumnB: Pine, PineB, PineN (the first 3 related records of that plot) Thanking you in advance GeorgeCY You will need to write a function to concatenate the values from the TOP 3 related records. Here's a starting point: Return a concaten...

Syntax to combine MID() and FIND("LastPost:") to extract the Last Post Date ?
I want to organize my Tech Doc by Subject and Post Date. I am looking to extract the Last post date, but I cannot really use the right() function due to the date variable length. I need to create a loop thru all rows in Column A, FIND "Last post:", skip one character and copy the next 12 characters for the Last post date in Column B Column A contains one string of variable length. Post header text.... - 5 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Nov 21, 2008 Post Header text.... - 2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Nov 25 ....... Sub PostDate() Set Sht =Sheets("Sheet...

Showing Totals in a Data Table on a 100% Stacked Chart?
Does anyone know how to show totals in the data table for a 100% stacked chart? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Windows Forms .NET DataGrid ComboBox Columns And Custom Row Coloring http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/65fa582e-e15c-48d1-a641-dfdad4ea0b4a/windows-forms-net-datagr.aspx Simulate the data table with a custom table Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:11:11 -0800, Lauren McElaney wrote: >Does anyone know how to show totals in the data table for a 100% stacked chart? ...

Running Totals for Pivot Tables
Hello I have a pivot table with months across the top and version as the row:- Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Just wondered if it is possible to add cumulative totals to a pivot table? ie. Data Version Jul Aug Sept Oct 1 1 4 7 10 2 2 5 8 11 3 3 6 9 12 Cumulative 1 1 5 12 22 Thanks Lesley Make your pivot table and then use menu Insert/Calculated Field. You can n...

BCWP always equal to ACWP
okay, I'm going nuts with this one. BCWP is always equal to ACWP. Everytime I enter the %complete, it loads the actual work values into the resource usage table. Actual work comes to me from the CAM, which is off the labor reports. I need to load this into the actual work field, on a per week basis. When I do that, the work field gets updated and BCWP still equals ACWP. How do I tell this thing to stop spreading the work? Hi Chris_J_S, Have you tried entering the Actual Work into either the Task Usage or Resource usage view? The right hand side can be configured t...

Combination chart
I want to create a combination chart, on one axis, with 4 series showing in columns and one in a line. When I choose the Line-Column chart option, it plots the last two series as a line and the first three in columns. How can I change the one series to show as a column like the others? Thanks very much in advance for your help. Hi, Rather than use the built-in combination charts roll your own. Start with a 5 series column chart and then select the series that you want as a line chart. Right click it and pick Chart Type from the popup menu. From the chart type dialog pick the requi...

total monthly count of received and sent emails
I would like to know if there is a way from exchange server 2003 or outlook 2003. to run a report or something to that affect to tell me how many emails I received/sent last month? I think you will need to look at 3rd party reporting tools. http://www.msexchange.org/software/Reporting/ Nue "Tim65" <Tim65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF886-299B-48E2-AD21-6E71AD47C688@microsoft.com... >I would like to know if there is a way from exchange server 2003 or outlook > 2003. to run a report or something to that affect to tell me how many > emails &...

Combining multiple flow charts
How do you combine multiple flow charts in Visio 2003 Pro and not lose the ability to edit the one you dragged into page 2? The new one moves as a block, text editing doesnt work etc.. thanks -- Philburnmaui Huh? Are you grouping the flowcharts somehow or doing a paste-link or pasting as a metafile or something weird? Ordinarily, Visio data will drag and drop into other Visio containers as regular old Visio data - nothing fancy or weird should happen along the way. How exactly are you doing this? -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Philip Burnett" <PhilipBurnett@...

Paste link versus allowing two cells equal each other?
What is the difference between these methods? Paste link simply enters a link formula, e.g, copy A1, select B1, and choose Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link results in B1 containing =$A$1. "Allowing two cells to equal each other" is rather too ambiguous for me to be sure what you mean. In article <70F3973E-8392-4E58-852D-E87CAC3E8880@microsoft.com>, "emerb" <emerb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the difference between these methods? Thanks a million for your reply, I'm familiar with using the paste special method. What i meant by the tw...

How to make a cell equal another cells colour?
I have conditional formatting on a set of values to highlight high/low values using a 2-colour scale. Is there a way I can get another set of cells to mirror the colour alone without changing their values? Many thanks in advance Sam.D Have them use the same conditional format rules, simply references the cells they are "mirroring". -- Best Regards, Luke M "Sam.D" <SamD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6BAC7A4-17F8-4A53-BBF3-9BCED618642F@microsoft.com... >I have conditional formatting on a set of values to highlight high...

Formula not calculating total
Hi I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formula in the cell destination. Hope someone can help, otherwise I've got to get my calculator out! Thanks Debbie "Debsy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC90F5F1-CC00-4710-A9A7-B29B4C763030@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formu...

Punch time query to calculate total work time
I have a table containing two fields; Employee ID and Time stamp, respectively. Let's say the table contains the following values: Emp ID Time Stamp ------- ------------ 1001 1/1/2010 09:00 1001 1/1/2010 12:00 1001 1/1/2010 13:30 1001 1/1/2010 17:00 The data reflects that employee #1001 has clocked-in at 09:00 am and clocked-out at 12:00pm. The employee has clocked-in again at 1:30 pm and finally clocked out at 5:00 pm. Since the data was generated using Employee ID card, there is no separate time-in and time out field. How can I qu...

How can I total the top 9 scores of 12 weeks in a sporting contest
I need to keep track of the scores in a quiz for 12 weeks running, then total each contestant's best 9 scores. Is there any way to sum a column, automaticaly ignoring the 3 worst scores? =SUM(LARGE(A1:A12,ROW(1:9)) it is an array formula, so commit it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Vance Burton" <Vance Burton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:914AED28-4FC3-42EF-AB5A-D8943147F795@microsoft.com... > I need to keep track of the scores in a quiz for 12 weeks running, then total > each contestant's best 9 scores. > > Is ther...

importing a pst, Does it combine 2 computers
I have a laptop and a desktop, I imported a pst onto my laptop from my desktop, thus creating a combined pst, if I then export from my laptop to a pst and then import on to the desktop, will I then have identical psts on each computer??? Is there a better way to sync or combine the two??? Well, if you shutdown outlook on the laptop (so it won't change the email), and then did the import and copied back the composite that would be the simplest.* The composite would need to be copied back to the laptop using the name in use there if they are different (and I would first rename the old ...

how to combine & split xml files with xslt?
How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml file into multiple files using xslt? Knighterrant wrote: > How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml > file into multiple files using xslt? Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML documents. Splitting is a bit harder. See "Producing Multiple Outputs from an XSL Transformation" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml06162003.asp -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD] http://www.xmllab.net http://blog.tkachen...

In Microsoft Excel How do I add up all the totals over again.
I am Excel for stocks and when I put in a stock number I want to make it total up at the end. Well I know how to do that. The question is how do I continuesly keep the totals going after every log in on the stats. for example $31.56 is the final amount and it equals at the total: $31.56. How do I make a number like $24.60 add into the total without highlighting it over and over again just to make a total? ...

Today's Total Change
This column is always blank for my mutual funds, even though the Last Price and Change columns reflect the current/correct information. I found reference to a download to fix this problem in Money 2001 but nothing for my version (2004 Deluxe). Is there a fix available and/or does 2005 Deluxe correct this? Thanks! HalB, I never used MS Money before v. 2005, but I do have this issue right now with my mutual funds. How I found your post was to see if anyone else had the same issue. Hopefully someone else knows if there is a fix/work-around. Eric B. HalB wrote: > This column is a...

MS POS 2 Total Quantity
Is there any way to show the total quntity of items on the POS screen. Yes Charless, you can do so by using vbscript I have something but not specific to this i.e. customer balance and other totals printed on the STATUS HTML page. actually you need to develop/customized the status html to update or show you total no of quantity. Let me know if need help I will forward you this file. "Charles" wrote: > Is there any way to show the total quntity of items on the POS screen. So when you say status bar do you mean the top part that says Point of Sale Microsoft Dynamics with th...

Combining information from multiple rows
I am trying to combine information from multiple rows into one row. For example: Cell A1 is Product Code, Cell B1 is Product Description and C2, D2, and E2 contains Product Quantity, Price and Total Value. Is there a quicker way to combine all this infomation into one row? I also have problem when one product appears more than one with different quantity. For example: Product A - qty 5 Price $1.50 Total $7.50 Product A - Qty 3 Price $1.50 Total $4.50 I want to combine this so only one line of product A appear with total quantity of 8, price still $1.50 and Total $12.00. How do I...

Determine subform total before code runs
I asked this question before, but it was in another thread. The only person replying in that thread did not post in response to my follow-up question after several days, so I am posting again. I have a typical Purchase Order database (Access 2003) in which the main PO information is in the PO record (and on the main PO form) and the line items are in a related table (and appear on a continuous subform). There is more, such as a Products table, but it is not relavant to the question at hand. Every PO is approved by several departments. When the line items total for a single purchase ...

Combining AND and OR functions
Where would the "OR" go in the following function: Cell A1 can be Yes or No Cell A2 can be any number Cell A3 can be any number If EITHER Cell A1 is "Yes" OR Cell A2 is equal to or above 50 AND Cell A3 is equal to or above 100, then return "OK"; however, if cell A1 is "No" AND either A2 is below 50 or A3 is below 100, then return "No good" =IF(AND(A2>=50,A3>=100),"OK","No good") How would I add the OR term to test whether A1 is Yes or No? -- MZ "MZ" wrote: > If EITHER Cell A1 is &...

combining 2 query/tables
I have 2 tables/query that i would like to combine to make a simple form/report for. The data was downloaded from the system and I am not able to change the format. What i need to do is make a simple report that compare the 2 queries result that show that there is no variance. Thank you. Query 1 sample model Type Amount 1 freight cost 100 1 processing cost 200 2 freight cost 150 2 processing cost 175 3 freight cost 210 3 processing cost 234 Query 2 sample model freight processing cost 1 100 200 2 150 175 3 ...

Total message count
I need to estimate total messages processed over a day. Is there a tool for this? I would think that perfmon could do this, not sure which instance to monitor, MTA...total messages..... Tons of apps, http://www.sherpasoftware.com/maeenterpriseoverview.shtml http://www.hyperic.com/products/managed/exchange-management.htm http://www.emailprofessor.com/xwall.htm "kb" <kb@cfbisd.edu> wrote in message news:%23s4B3S3OFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I need to estimate total messages processed over a day. Is there a tool for >this? > > > ...

Last Number in a column to that is not equal to zero
I have an inventory worksheet that I am having trouble with. The total daily inventory column updates daily. At the end of the column, I want a formula that gives the most recent inventory number. For instance 1 15,358 2 15,358 3 19,520 4 19,520 5 19,693 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 10 0 11 0 The final field in the inventory column would read 19693. There will always be a whole number for inventory, so the zeros will be replace with the number once the daily inventory is completed. one thing you can try. If you have a header row add +1 =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

Merging or Combining Publisher Documents
How do I combine pages from separate Publisher documents? VanHolland wrote: > How do I combine pages from separate Publisher documents? This question has been asked - and answered - several times. I suggest you use Google Groups before posting in future. You open two instances of Publisher and copy and paste. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. ...