comapring 2 seperate workbook

HELP!!!  Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks.  for example,
would be looking for a match (of values) from  single columb o
workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'.  When eve
there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne
workbook?(automatically).  Or if there is any other tricks, please le
me know.  (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match
I am cutting and pasting to new workbook)

Hi
as a starting point have a look at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> HELP!!!  Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks.  for example,
> would be looking for a match (of values) from  single columb of
> workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'.  When ever
> there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on new
> workbook?(automatically).  Or if there is any other tricks, please
let
> me know.  (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a
> match, I am cutting and pasting to new workbook).
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

Compare entries in 2 worksheets and list what does not match
Good Day All; I have 2 Excell works sheets with approx 14000 rows each. What I would like to do is compare both lists and get a 3rd list that shows what entries do not match. Is there a simple way to do ythis in Excel Thanks All Chomp Assuming A1 should equal A1 in the other sheet... =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",Sheet!A1&" does not match "&Sheet2!A1) Auto-Filter for non-blanks. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "The Chomp" wrote: > Good Day All; > > I have 2 ...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

How to share same email a/c on 2 pc
I have linked 2 pc via Windows Small Office network. How to let these 2 pc share the same email a/c in Microsoft Outlook. Plse provide solution in detailed steps as I am a novice. Operating syste=xp outlook version 2003 Thanks "Christine" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:hop8fj$7la$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg... > I have linked 2 pc via Windows Small Office network. > > How to let these 2 pc share the same email a/c in Microsoft Outlook. > > Plse provide solution in detailed steps as I am a novice. > > Operating sys...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

testing (OT) 2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C8B5B7.029A2C00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I put this post on using the google group version, now using the = Microsoft newsgroup server. I'm trying to pin down what works and what = doesn't and why this specific sign in ID doesn't work on google groups = OR on the news server I use in Outlook Express. But another ID I have = does. I'm posting this using the Microsoft newsgroup server, which is = something else, and should work....

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

Cannot close opportunities #2
I upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 We encountered issues with SQRSS - I had to uninstall and reinstall SQRSS. I am now encoutering issues when closing a new opportunity it error out throwing an Exception of type "System.web.HttpUnhandledException' Full Stack: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] at Microsoft.crm.dialogs.CloseOppPage.ConfigureForm(_ at Microsoft.crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at system.web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInernal() at System.web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includesStagesBefore A...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

Why does 62 KB translate into 4.2 MB in Publisher?
When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from ~275 KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Let me guess - Publisher 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher induced baldness" <Publisher induced baldness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED85165-A29E-44AA-AFE6-4F5A5D518991@microsoft.com... > When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from > ~275 > KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Publisher 2000 doesn't support compression. PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture ...

Green triangles #2
thanks for such a speedy response, teh placement of 1 in cell an edit,paste special, multiply works, but why? the value function doesn't work, as the green triangle seems to rende the contents of the cell as neither number or text. strange. once again thanks : -- Stevethedo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stevethedoc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27800 Happy to help. Thanks for the feedback. As to why one works and not the ot...

Why is Excel changing the last 2 digits of a 17 digit num to 00.
When I enter a 17 digit number in a cell in Excel, the last 2 digits turn to 00 when I leave the cell. Format - Cell does not have a setting to stop this 'feature'. How do I make Excel recongize the large number? On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:09:01 -0700, "Allie" <Allie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I enter a 17 digit number in a cell in Excel, the last 2 digits turn to >00 when I leave the cell. Format - Cell does not have a setting to stop this >'feature'. Excel Specifications and Limits: Calculation specifications Feature Maximu...

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Keyboard Shortcut #2
Is there a keyboard short cut or quick way to switch between tabs or worksheets in an Excel workbook? Thanks Steve Switch tab: Ctrl + PageUp / PageDown Switch workbook: Ctrl + Tab / Shift + Ctrl + Tab (backward) HTH "Steve Cohen" <sacohen@bellsouth.net> �b�l�� news:Gjohb.33943$9a7.17809@bignews6.bellsouth.net �����g... > Is there a keyboard short cut or quick way to switch between tabs or > worksheets in an Excel workbook? > > Thanks > > Steve > > Here are two links that provide info on more keyboard shortcuts. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Exclude outbound Internet mail from journaling #2
I have an Exchange 5.5 installation which requires message journaling of internal email only. External (Internet) email is captured and archived by a gateway SMTP server, whilst internal mail is journaled to the same SMTP server for archiving. The documentation regarding journaling on Exchange 5.5 details how to route local messages through the MTA, and how to route Internet Mail Service messages through the private information store, but it seems even when this second routing configuration is not applied, outbound internet mail is still being journaled. I need a way to ONLY journal ...

zip code help! #2
thanks for the help !!!!!!!! It worke -- cbender ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cbender3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27126 ...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...