Columns #4

My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Me!

I'm just guessing what you mean.

Use:
Tools > Options > General
Remove check from "R1C1 reference style"
OK

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back?

0
njharker (1646)
4/4/2004 3:57:34 PM
Another guess .. just in case

Press Ctrl + A
(this selects the entire sheet)

Click Format > Column > Unhide

--
Rgds
Max
"me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back?

0
demechanik (4694)
4/4/2004 4:51:35 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but try this: Go to the Tools menu,
choose Options, then the View menu.  There, check the "Row & column headers"
setting.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back?

0
chip1 (1821)

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

can a column have diffent width?
I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in column A and numbers in column B but column A must be wider to accept the names. I want the dates to be a certain width say 64 pixels and the names to be 336 pixels,can this be done? thanks No, a column has one width from top to bottom best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dave" <spammer@nospammer.net> wrote in message news:kdLGf.8425$bW6.4202@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in >...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

Named Printers #4
I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What could be the problem? -Hari ------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series. Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report. Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well. Briefly looking a PA sourc...

pfbackup.exe #4
Hello, I installed Office 2000 and Outlook 2003 on my computer. With my outlook2000 version, I used to use a small utily of microsoft that allow me to backup my pst files (pfbackup.exe). Now i'm trying it but it's not working. I realise that when a user had Outlook2000 with the pfbackup.exe installed and correctly working, when he makes an update to the 2003 version, it's still working. But when we erase everything and make a new installation of directly Outlook2003 and the fpbackup.exe, it don't work. Thanks for your help Jean-Luc <jlamou2@yahoo.fr> wrote: > I in...

Column Labels #5
I have a coworker who changed the column labels from letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Does anyone know how to change them back to letters. The columns are numbered in all of the worksheets that she opens. Stephanie tools>options>general>settings>ric1 uncheck -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stephanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d7701c52341$aceff2e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a coworker who changed the column labels from > letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Do...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

How do I sort a column consisting of fractions, decimals, and who.
I need to sort products by the horsepower. Horsepower can be a fraction, decimal or whole number. For example, I need 1/100 to come before 1/10, 1/125 to come before 1/12, 1/10 to come before 1.0, 3/4 to come before 1...etc. Why don't you use the Fraction format under Number format? That way you only enter the decimal value and it will be represented by it's fraction, but the sorter won't be confused. Another option is to use this formula: =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("/",E8)),VALUE(E8),LEFT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)/RIGHT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)) Where E8 is ...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

test #4
test... Posted at http://www.exemell.com/ ...

Money 04 #4
My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, starting from scratch. I have my old hard drive set up as a slave and can access files from it. I cannot open Money from the old drive, XP is fried. How can I get my Money file from this old drive, set up as a slave, into my new drive and Money file. Where do I find it on the old drive? In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >My Win XP COMPLETLY CRASHED with a nasty virus. I did not how to recover from >it. I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP, s...

Worksheet 'shape' (#columns by #rows)
Hi All; Have a problem here in that we would like to import some data into a spreadsheet, but the data array is 512 by 512 elements. Excel seems to force a limit of 256 columns. Is there a way to change the array shape? In any Excel version 97-2003. -- __ Pete Snell Royal Military College Kingston Ontario Snell-p@rmc.ca The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw Hi Peter there is now way to change this limitation (Ex...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

Event ID 8331 #4
Point possibly who why it still no official statment or Fix from MS gives. All workarounds are published, do not help ! ...

Line and Column Graph
I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes with it. Ex- Pink bar and Pink Line Blue Bar and Blue Line Green Bar and Green Line Now all the lines line up on the middle bar which happens to be pink. I want each data point to line up with the correct color bar not with the middle bar. -- Thanks, Nikki What kind of bar chart do you have? Clustered, Stacked? "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F23DE85-B1AE-40FC-A0D2-47EF73FA08B2@microsoft.com... > I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes ...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Leading Zeros and Text-to-Columns
Hi all, I'm using Excel X for Mac, and I'm trying to split my four-digit dat into two rows with two digits each: 0001 => 00|01 0101 => 01|01 9800 => 98|00 When I first imported the data it dropped all the leading zeros, bu this was quickly remedied by making the custom format: 0000 However, if I go straight from here to text-to-columns the zeros don' show up in the fixed-width option screen, making it impossible t properly separate them. Likewise, if I try to set the formatting of the cells to text, all th leading zeros are instantly dropped. The latter attempt - swi...

Offline with 4.0 and McAfee Antivirus
We're running a pretty standard 4.0 implementaion alongside McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i. When trying to go offline, the synch process breaks and the AV software alerts and deleted a file called {3FD2B963-1730-DD11-98CF-0019B9EB88DE}.bcp it thinks it's a virus. Anybody else seeing the same thing or have any ideas on possible solutions? isn't it possible to exclude the affected folder from scanning? "Matt" <mgd@kynetix.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23$a%23$2KxIHA.5124@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We're running a pretty standard 4.0 implementaio...

Merging or Combining 2 columns of data into 1 column
I am trying to merge 2 columns of data together into 1 column. Maintaining both sets of data in a single column seperated with only a space between the two. For example: Column A has 100 rows of information. Column B has 100 rows of information. I want to combine both columns so that each of Column A information and each of Column B information reside in Column A. With with just a space seperating the two data sets. Is this possible....? If so, HOW.....? Thank You, Josh One way: C1: =A1 & " " & B1 Copy to C100 Copy Column C Select Column A Edit Paste ...