columns #2

How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are
headed with numbers and not letters?  How do I stop this
from happening?

Thanks
0
jbauer (1)

"Jon" <jbauer@accxx.com> wrote in message
> How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are
> headed with numbers and not letters?  How do I stop this
> from happening?
>
> Thanks

Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style.

0
Anon
7/18/2003 1:00:18 PM
IIRC this is a setting that is taken from the first file opened.  So,
anytime this happens, change the setting given by Anon, then save the file.

"Anon" <none> wrote in message news:OvMKUySTDHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> "Jon" <jbauer@accxx.com> wrote in message
> > How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are
> > headed with numbers and not letters?  How do I stop this
> > from happening?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style.

0
steve9257 (19)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

Last value in column before blank
Hi, My data in one column A:A - Where V100 &V101 are product codes, dates run down the column and Blank is a blank cell befor each new product code. V100 1-Sep-09 2-Sep-09 Blank V101 1-Oct-09 5-Oct-09 10-Oct-09 Blank Question is how do i return the date value for the last entry (eg before the blank) for each product code I want to find. Note also the last date entry is always the max value date. Eg V100 = 2-Sep and V101 =10-Oct. Thks Craig One formulas play ... Assume your source data running in A2 down Put these in B2:D2 In B2: =IF(LEFT(A2)="V",A2,IF(A2=&...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

Multiply columns and sum row?
OK I have a list of items starting in A1 down to A?, I have the associate costs of those items in Column B1 down to B?, and the quantity of thos items ordered starting in C1 down to C?. What I need is a formula tha will tell me the total cost of what that client ordered +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: sum 3.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4315 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- jt7 ------------------------------------------...

#N/A #2
Would appreciate some help on this............ I have some formulas set up in a spreadsheet that other people will fill progressively. In cells where the formula has no feeder' data to provide a result it displays "#N/A". Is there something I can add to the formula to make the cell appear blank unless there is data to go in there? Hi Bunny! Use: =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",Yourformula) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Thank you again Mr Harker "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in me...

How do I calculate the week day hours between 2 days
I need to calculate the difference in hours between when I received a project and when when I completed the project. Within this time frame I do not want to count weekends and I want the workday to be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Example (9/11/5 8:00 am started and 9/12/5 8:00 am finished)= 12 hours not 24 hours Is there an easy way to do this? -- Mickey Take a look at Chip Pearson's solution at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm Steve "Mickey" <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C1698-DED1-4285-846B-AD72CBBB01A3@microsoft.com... >I n...

formula looking for an either/or solution in same column
I have a spreadsheet with one column showing pay grade - O3, O4, W2, W3..... I have a formula which selects anything starting with O, but I need the formula to also look for either O or W and count both of them together. any help? The current formula is: =countifs(I2:I120,"=ASAE",B2:B120,"=O?",L2:L120"<1/1/2050") One way... =SUM(COUNTIFS(A2:A10,"ASAE",B2:B10,{"O*","W*"},C2:C10,"<"&DATE(2050,1,1))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "J. Hunter" <JHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Sorting by Number of Characters #2
Has anyone ever tried to sort records by number of characters? I need to go through a very large medication document and need to sort out the meds that are 30 characters or less. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! -- cny2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cny2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390956 Use a helper column. If the meds are in column A, in column B (or the next blank column) enter B1: =LEN(A1) and ...

CWnd class to ActiveX #2
Hi I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on HTML page and VB. What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole control? Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? thanks lordWHO wrote: > Hi > > I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. > I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on > HTML page and VB. > > What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole > control? > Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? > > thanks ...