Column/Row reference errors

I have a 4Mb spreadsheet within which the row and Column
reference headings (eg. A,B,C and 1,2,3,etc...) have
become 'strikethrough'. Any ideas? Has this sheet become
corrupted?

(Track Changes are not enabled. There are about 4000 rows
of 10 column data. There are no formulas or conditional
formats to speak of)
0
anonymous (74722)

This is the answer I posted to the same question a week ago.

Check out Format>Style>Normal.  Modify the Font to eliminate the
strikethrough.

Never got a follow-up so don't know if OP got fixed up or not.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:49:34 -0700, "Vaughan"
<Vaughan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm pretty sure someone else had this problem a week or so ago. Try searching for it. He may have found the answer in the end.
>
>"Phil" wrote:
>
>> I have a 4Mb spreadsheet within which the row and Column
>> reference headings (eg. A,B,C and 1,2,3,etc...) have
>> become 'strikethrough'. Any ideas? Has this sheet become
>> corrupted?
>>
>> (Track Changes are not enabled. There are about 4000 rows
>> of 10 column data. There are no formulas or conditional
>> formats to speak of)

0
Gord
6/25/2004 8:27:54 PM
Thanks Vaughan/Gord I have found it and yes it works.

0
anonymous (74722)

Adding columns automatically based on worksheets
MVPs In a workbook, I have initially 2 sheets. Sheet1 contains information about sheet2 which is reflected in Column B. How can I automatically add a column (column C, D, etc..) of information if I add another sheet3, Sheet4, etc.. Meaning, I want to be able to freely add sheet3, sheet4 and in sheet1 columns would be automatically be created based on these new sheets. ...

i am getting fatal error C1033
Hi all while i was compliling my project through VC++ (6.0) It ia giving following error e:\empresent\source\winsys\ttf\fontbmp.c(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'e:\empresent\source\build\x86\vc60.pdb' NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2' Stop. Although vc60.pdb is present in the following path. Please help me out what to do. Thanks in advance Meenal I can only guess, the file may be locked/corrupt or not accessible. Reboot and see if you still get the same problem. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Sometimes clearing...

Adding columns to item table
Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in adding additional columns to tables in the database? I'm already using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. I don't need to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I just need to be able to access it through SQL queries. I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems? <tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce05743c-7ca2-49cc-89da-815d91c77e4d@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

Outlook 2002 "Today" error
I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." any ideas? thanks harry harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is expecting to find your PST. Verify that it is where it is supposed to be. -- Brian Tillman I checked that & in my case it's looki...

Paint error
I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an error and needs to close" Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" wrote: > I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an > error and needs to close" > Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? > > -- > Frank C > ...

Cursor highlights the wrong rows in excel?
I find that I have to select 3 rows above the row I want to highlight in excel. This carries forward when selecting multiple rows. My mouse is always about 3 lines above the cells being acted upon. ...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

automation error
Hi I have set up an automation with Outlook and sending emails to our clients. I am using Redemption to avoid the security dialogs. The problem is when it sends around 373 email, an error will occur and emails stopped. I tried to open other forms but an error msg pops up citing not enough memory. (Other programs works properly). When I close Access and reopen it operates normally and when I send emails again, it will stop again at 373-5 emails. I tried sending very much smaller sized emails e.g "just hello". (50 bytes). It still creates the error after 373 emails. What could be wr...

IMF v2 and the "GUI error"
Good morning everyone! I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration". Here is why I am asking this question. First of all, I have seen a lot of documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI. The part where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text reads something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating greater than or equal to:" and you supply the number. Same for the Junk E-mail folder. I always thought that if you s...

Put data rows per sheet
I have an Excel workbook with 2 sheets. One of them is for data entering (e.g. rows: employee's name, ID#, working dates, fee etc.) and the other presents that data among other constant value cells (e.g. name of company, titles of columns, place for signatures etc.). What I want is when data in the presentation sheet reach at 22 rows to be automatically continued to the next page of the sheet. So, each printed page will always shows 22 rows of data with the constant data ABOVE and BELOW of these 22 rows. Thanks, Hi not fully automatic but try the following two macros (assumption: row 1 ...

average of percentages between 1% and 100% in a column
Hello, I am trying to get the average of percentages within a column, but would like to exclude 0% and 100% from the formula. This is the formula I thought would work: {=AVERAGE(IF(AND(L1:L988>0,L1:988<100)))} (I read in an earlier post to hit ctrl+shift+enter to apply this type of formula) Thanks! Here is a way using sumproduct that does NOT need array entering =SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1)*E1:E100)/SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100 <1)) or array enter this =AVERAGE(IF((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1),E1:E100)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &qu...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Insert statement with errors
Hi, I am getting the error Too few parameters Expected 1 when i try to run the following SQL statement: strSQL = "INSERT INTO BudgetGST ( Idbranch, Avril )" & _ " SELECT Idbranch, (Avril*cGST)" & _ " FROM GrossMois WHERE GrossMois.IdBranch = " & num Avril is a field from GrossMois that contains a value and cGST is a constant. can anyone tell me what is wrong Thanks Alain What's this: (Avril*cGST) If it is meant to be 2 fields multiplied together, supply an alias for the result: strSQL = "INSERT INTO B...

How do i set up a budget with self totalling column
I have made a basic budget with columns Date, Money in, Money out, Balance what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in the Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r out column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if it is in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance Thanks I hope someone can help Kristie I also have a buget with the same basic column as you do. Here is what you need to do. At the very top of the balance column, put a BAL FORWARD. This amount can be zero, but can also be equal to the last bala...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-04-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout CO interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp) But I keep getting the same error System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long I used very short names so I don't understand where this error woul come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past Regards Edwin Jongsm Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_366F0616 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Is you machine name longer t...

Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2
I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments were supplied". I have compatablility set to 90 ------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this sto...

Report Error
I'm running GP 6.0 and one of my reports (Orders with discrepancies) is receiving an error "GPS Error: 58". Any ideas on the error and where to look for resolution? Thanks Jeff... ...

Runtime error 429: Activex Component Can't create object
Dear helpers, Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP. May be it's a scripting error .... kindly advise what to do ro resolve it. Regards, Hina Naz -- Hina Naz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hina Naz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226902.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1342465.htm http://forums.techarena.i...

can you add a day counter for a colum and row
trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in stock. It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum. Hi Depends how you have your data set up, but assuming date into stock is column A =IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1) Format>Cell>Number>General Copy down as required -- Regards Roger Govier "poohgld" <poohgld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31454DD6-A5C5-40E3-A0E8-9F3827E73551@microsoft.com... > trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in > stock. > It wo...

Error :XML not defined
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C60F1B.FCDBE180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to imput data in too a xml file. How can it deal with the = issues below I try putting in System.XML to see but it give me a error about only = having one inherits per class. Partial Class _xxxx Inherits Web.UI.Page Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As = System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument Dim newComment As XmlDocumentFra...

error message #26
If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get a the message that a file by that name is already open. Clicking ok makes the message go away and the file works fine. this does not occur when opening the file any other way. Not fatal, bu annoying Maybe... http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen From the FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site. "paboombillanonymous@aol.com" wrote: > > If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get > a the message that a file by that name is already open. > Clicking ok makes the message go away and the ...

how do i copy rows to a new worksheet by a cell value
Hi, I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell in a particular column is "Yes" I wish to copy the values of that row to a different worksheet. Is this something suited to a macro? Many thanks for any assistance. Nibbs without a macro, use data>filter>autofilter>filter on yes>copy -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Nibbs" <Nibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144D7242-BAFC-43B4-98EA-EC95657832B2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell ...

re: error 1320
Dear Glyn Thank you for your reply. To be honest I don't know about the DOS Subst command. I used the administrative tool like you suggested - it shows that I have one disc drive. (I wasn't sure what to do with the c management window...) I tried installing a custom version, and put it on C drive - same result. I did properties of the N and C drive and noticed that they both have exactly the same amount of used and unused space - which seems a bit of a coincidence! They are both NTFS if that is any relevance. I also did map network drives - there is no "n" drive coming...

error message when printing from outlook emails
all of the sudden I am no longer able to print from Outlook 2002. I get the message "messaging interfact has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook, rebooted the computer and emptied all deleted items - all at the suggestion of others. Nothing has worked. This is a fairly new computer (2 months) running Windows XP. I have no problems printing other documents or from the web. I'm confused. Any suggestions? This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear...