Column names are 1,2,3,....

I just noticed today that the column names in my excel
spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are
numerical.  The column marked "1" is defined by excel as
column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R".

How can I get the column names to change back to the
alphabet?

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi! G!

Use:

Tools > Options > General
Remove check from "R1C1 reference style"

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"G. Sawyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just noticed today that the column names in my excel
> spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are
> numerical.  The column marked "1" is defined by excel as
> column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R".
>
> How can I get the column names to change back to the
> alphabet?
>
> Thanks

0
njharker (1646)

Help with columns #2
Hi How do I create a worksheet with just 3 columns (A, B, C...) rather than thousands (AA, BB, CC...)? Thanks! Hi - first there's a maximum of 256 columns :-) - You can only use these 3 columns (you can't delete the other columns) - if you like you can hide the other columns. Just select theses columns and goto 'Format - columns - Hide' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich wrote: > Hi > > How do I create a worksheet with just 3 columns (A, B, C...) rather > than thousands (AA, BB, CC...)? > > Thanks! See one answer in m.p.e.newusers Please d...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Meeting updates #2

printing 2 charts on single page