Column headings - urgent help needed please

My permanent column headings are numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and not letters (A,
B, C, etc.), so i have numbers both across the top and down the left-hand
side.  How do I change them to letters so that I can enter formulae?

Select Tools>Options>General Tab and
uncheck R1C1 reference style.
--
Karthi

"MaddyP" wrote:

> My permanent column headings are numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and not letters (A,
> B, C, etc.), so i have numbers both across the top and down the left-hand
> side.  How do I change them to letters so that I can enter formulae?
Thank you so much - it worked!

"Karthik" wrote:

> Select Tools>Options>General Tab and
> uncheck R1C1 reference style.
> --
> Karthi
>

> "MaddyP" wrote:
>
> > My permanent column headings are numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and not letters (A,
> > B, C, etc.), so i have numbers both across the top and down the left-hand
> > side.  How do I change them to letters so that I can enter formulae?
In the future, please refrain from
urgent help needed please

It turns off some people as we tend to treat ALL the same.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"MaddyP" <MaddyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My permanent column headings are numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and not letters
> (A,
> B, C, etc.), so i have numbers both across the top and down the left-hand
> side.  How do I change them to letters so that I can enter formulae?

0
Don

Help with formula #31
I'm sure there is a way to modify this formula but have no idea.I'd like for it to do this: =IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) which is fine. But if Worksheet2!G3 has more than whats in G1 then MINUS Sum(C3:C12) to the above formula. Example: Worksheet2!G3 has the total Qty. Sheet1 has a number in it (25) For every 25 this formula is dividing Worksheet2!G3 by 25. I want it to divide only once, then Do formula Minus Sum(C3:C12) as many times as G1 will go into it. Thanks in advance!!! ...

Help with vlookup #2
I have data in another sheet that I want to lookup and present in a summary. The standard vlookup would be something like this: =Vlookup($A6,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0) Here is the problem If the data exists in MDR, I get it - OK If the data DOES NOT exist, I get #N/A I tried these: =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)=0,,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)="#N/A",,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) - with & without quotes =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)=false,,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) How can I do this? If the data is found, paste it, other...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Need "Bold Fonts" on some folders in the "All Mail Folders".
In the "ALL Mail Folders" above the Navigation Pane I would like to make the Folder Names to be BOLD and hane the sub-folders normal. I have several Folders that I keep expanded and having the Main Folders in Bold Fonts would help the folder I am looking for "Jump Out". Can anyone Help? Nope, Outlook doesn't support that. Keith wrote: > In the "ALL Mail Folders" above the Navigation Pane I would like to make the > Folder Names to be BOLD and hane the sub-folders normal. I have several > Folders that I keep expanded and having the ...

Script urgent
Hi Someone have a script to create a list with all users that I have in my exchange server. I need User name, Mailaddress and distribution for each user. Thank you If this is just one server, you can go into your store and export the list. If you have multiple servers and need to automate use the script below. You will need to modify the line to enter your domain controller. In the same line you can add whatever additional attributes you want. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com ''''''''''''''''&...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

Formatting Section Layout Column Format -- options disabled
Hi, my question is related to formatting the Main Form for an entity. I want certain sections to have the three column format. However, when I click on Section Properties, it shows all options for choosing the Column Formats as disabled. The 2-column format, with the Variable Field Width, is the default and the only option I seem to be able to use right now. Why is the Formatting --both layout and column format -- showing up as disabled and how do I activate it? Thanks. Never mind! I found this in the CRM Help section... "The selected section layout cannot be changed after you creat...

Hyperlink File Help
I am needing some major help. I have a file with hyperlinks in column F that link to a file on our server. I am needing to test to see if the file exists and if it does, copy the file to a folder in my documents called (CapturedFiles) and if it doesn't format the cell color to red. Can VBA do this and if so how? I am very basic when it comes to VBA and any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

Mouse pointer changes to hourglass shape
I've just put up the trial version of visio. Very frequently, when stuffing around trying to get a connection line organized the way I want it, the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass shape. I can continue to use it (treating the middle of the hourglass as the tip of the pointer) but it's very irritating. I can clear it back to the standard arrowhead pointer by right-clicking, but that brings up the context menu, which I then have to dismiss. Very irritating. My system is a fully-updated Windows 2000 Professional. Graphics card is a Matrox G550 with the latest driver. Any ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

Newsgroups in Outlook Express
Greetings! I am new to using Outlook Express in WinXP. In the newsgroups I can view image files that are not "yEnc" but cannot view the ones that are "yEnc". Could someone please tell me how to configure Outlook Express v6 to view such files? Thanks in advance, SC "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin I don't think OE supports yEnc - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

constant restart of msexcimc service help..
I have been running across very slow opening of sub containers within my mailboxes. Sometimes to the point where the requesting information window pops up and sits for a long time and never connects... I found that re- applying sp4 sometimes works.. Yet I found that a quick restart of the \msexcimc.exe service is all that is need to make the connect fast and eliminate the non connect.. any ideas what is going on here? any ideas how to patch this?? I hate having to do this once a day.. =( Thanks... "ROb B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been...

Help I Am not Able To Delete My recieved E-mails.
I had recieved e-mails, after reading them, it said unable to delete. ...

Need help (Average excluding zero values)
This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i need to exclude them if possible =AVERAGE(IF(AA5="L",E$5:E$65)) I have tried several different combinations I can,t get it that includes zero values in the average for me. are they blanks and not zeroes? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29096CBB-3E2A-4828-8A49-6CEB0142D5C4@microsoft.com... > This is what i have & it works but one problem there will be zero values & i > need to exclude them...

Outlook Fail to load. Please help!
Event Type: Information Event Source: Outlook Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 9/13/2008 Time: 10:15:50 PM User: N/A Computer: IBM_M52 Description: The operation failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. I cannot access any "meat" of Outlook: no E-mail Accounts, Datafiles, Import/Export; nor can I send or receive. Have done Detect and Repair and complete reinstall to no avail. Did you make a new profile? http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/profile/profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tip...

Why I need to display item
Hi I am trying to use redemption. A few issues crop up: 1. Why do I need to display the form? It creates an error if I don't. 2. After send, it goes to drafts folder, how do I get it out immediately? Here's my code: If Not rs.EOF Then rs.MoveFirst Do Until rs.EOF Set myFolder = nspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDrafts) Set emailitem = myFolder.Items Set FWDItem = emailitem.Item(1).Forward Set mySafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") FWDItem....

Some help with conditional formatting
Hi, I have a worksheet which details stock and last weeks sales. e,g, column A is stock, column B is 7-day sales. This extends down the worksheet several hundred lines (1 line for each product I sell) I want to put in a conditional format which will turn Column A red if it is less than column B. I have no difficulty in doing this with one cell, however I can't seem to paste this into another cell or range of cells using copy/paste special or the format painter. When I do paste into another cell the condition is copied exactly. What I want to do is write a condition where the cell...

Search two columns in list for first and last name and return Id
I maintain a database log to track changes in contact data. The log contains last names in column B, first names in column C and ID# in column D . I also have a master list (Last Name, First Name and ID#) of all workers which I have pasted into columns AA, AB and AC. I would like to be able to have a formula in column D which searches the master list for the matching first and last names and returns the ID number in column C or a "?" if there is no match. The formula below, which I have used to successfully search for last names works unless there are two last names...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Missing windows/sys32/config/system
I have noted all the references to the MS support for this problem at startup. I am trying to help a friend who unfortunately does not have (and cannot get) the Windows XP disk (as was pre-installed, and purchased 3 years ago in another country). He crsahed his pc by panicking & "pulling the electricity plug" during a Windows update! I have an "Operating System Reinstallation cd" for my pc. Can I (in terms of both practically, securely & legally) use my disk to help restart his pc? If not, is there an "easy fix" for this problem that...

MS templates open without help pane
Hiya, Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templates. My question is how can I open these spreadsheets without the online help pane opening automatically? Thanks in advance -- Carys Hopefully I understand this right. You mean the window on the side (getting started or whatever)? If so you should be able to go to tools -> Options and in the view tab uncheck Startup Task Pane. If thats not what you mean let me know...I'm sort of new at this heh "Carys" wrote: > Hiya, > > Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templat...

Do a two way lookup and get the result in multiple columns
Hi, I have a worksheet with data on store sales: StoreLoc Date Sales$ A 10/28/2005 $100 A 11/04/2005 $150 B 10/28/2005 $200 B 11/04/2005 $250 B 11/11/2005 $300 B 11/18/2005 $350 C 11/04/2005 $300 C 11/11/2005 $350 C 11/18/2005 $400 D 11/11/2005 $400 etc. I wanted to do a two-way lookup on StoreLoc and Date and get the sal...