Column Header that moves with Data?

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum
header move with the data?

I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik
to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t
scroll to the top and check it out.

thanks for all help

Hi

if i'm understanding correctly -
click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes
to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes

Cheers
JulieD

"wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a column
> header move with the data?
>
> I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would like
> to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having to
> scroll to the top and check it out.
>
> thanks for all help

> ---

JulieD1 (2295)
7/20/2004 3:26:12 PM
Under the Windows menu, use the Split or Freeze Panes
command after selecting the intersection cell where you
want the split or freeze to occur.

0
anonymous (74722)

how can compare data between two worksheets?
What's the best way to compare data between two worksheets and highlight the similarities? Also say you are comparing a list of people's names but one worksheet has a column that has the person's full name preceded by title while the other list has separate columns for first and last name? How could you compare the names in that situation? The way you have your sheets set up makes it difficult to be sure. The following macro will work but can give a wrong result (see below). Sub t() Dim rngToSearch As Range, rngToCheck As Range Dim c, d, sName As String ...

Align Clustered Column Chart Category Axis Labels
I have a simple clustered column chart containing one series. Instead of the category X axis labels being directly aligned under each column, is there a way to align the labels directly under each major tick mark? In other words, I would like the X axis labels to appear under the right side of each column when the gap width is set to zero. Thanks for your help. Stephanie, You can do so by setting up a dummy X axis. This example explains how to put a colored quadrant together. You will specifically want to use the X axis techniques that are described in the example. http://www.pel...

Add Publish Column to Enterprise Template
I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? -- Carla Evans Presbyterian Health Plan Hi Carla, This worked for me. What error message(s) did you get? -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Carla Evans" wrote: > I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise > project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? > -- > Carla Evans > Presbyterian Healt...

Archiving: "...items moved, deleted or access denied"
Please help I'm trying to but can't seem to archive folders in Outlook. The Error msg received is "Cant archive some items have either been moved, deleted or access denied" All help appreciated Thanks Andy amac55 <amac55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to but can't seem to archive folders in Outlook. > The Error msg received is > "Cant archive some items have either been moved, deleted or access > denied" What version of Outlook? What type of account? WHat's the size of your PST, if any? -- Brian Tillman I&#...

Select Case for Linked Data
I want to do a loop that says "if ActiveSheet.Cells(column, I) matches Sheet2.Cells("A1:A50"), select row." How do I do this? ...

What keys to move from bottom to top of page without scrolling?
In Excel and Word you can move from the bottom of the page to the top of the page by hitting a certain combination of keys, without scrolling using the mouse. Whcih key combo? Ctrl + End and Ctrl + Home, note that it is a bug if your sheet has been for instance larger and you have deleted parts it might still go to the deleted range, if you use Pageup and Pagedown it will step a page at a time Regards, Peo Sjoblom "wkscott" <wkscott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026AD7FC-75D2-4EDF-B7FE-FB3B1E149B42@microsoft.com... > In Excel and Word you can move...

Changing cell data
Hi all, How do I write either a macro for or program excel to do the following? I want to take a sheet and create this data base of say sets of cameras with certain configurations and have a second sheet change certain cells that are dedicated to those sets. So that if cell a2 in sheet one changes. It will change the data in specific cells in another sheet. Say cells a20,a50,a70 and so on. Hi Harry you have to be a little bit more specific, or give some examples. For your specific issue you may have a look at VLOOKUP. Frank Harry B wrote: > Hi all, How do I write either a macro for o...

Moving SQL Server for CRM 1.2 12-15-05
Hi there! We have to move our MS CRM SQL server from one machine to another, due to slowly failing hardware. (We have the recommended setup of a dedicated SQL server and a separate dedicated CRM/IIS server.) Now according to the document found on Customer Source (article 861115), in Step 8 we have to reinstall MSCRM, so that the new SQL server can be connected up. The document was written for CRM 1.0. We have CRM 1.2 (plus diverse patches and hot fixes etc), and in the deployment manager, there is a wizard which lets us choose a new SQL server. Question: Is the un-install and re-inst...

How to Move Office 03 Doc Scan/or Image to OL 03 Folder
This is about how to get a scanned document or the image into Outlook or Word. The idea in the links is good, but I can't get it into Word without it looking like jibberish some of the time. I wonder if it's a matter of matching the exact font (sometimes I'm not sure which one they used) with the correct Word font. I saw these links. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010771031033.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030812511033.aspx I'm on an XPP SP2 box using MOS 03 with OL 03. I want to be able to send an Office O3 Tools Document Scan...

How do I add the E column basd on the F column
The following code steps through all the worksheets and all the cells in the range f2 thru f40, If the value in Fx = projectname I want to add the values in the cell to the left, Ex. Using the for each statement is nice but how do I get the info from Ex if Fx = projectname. I have tried to make E a variable based on Cel, a collection object, but I keep getting errrors. This is the line that is crashing: TotalHoursToDate.Text = CDbl(TotalHoursToDate.Text) + CDbl(Range("cel.Column - 1" & "cel.Row")) ' does not work - ie. F20 & E20 It would look like this:...

Getting external data from Access to Excel
Hi, Is it possible to get external data from access to excel? I want to put the value of euro/usdollar to one cell in a worksheet. The conversion rates are stored in a table in an access database. excel and access are both 2003. Thanks for answers. From within Excel, Data / Pivot Table and Chart report / External data Source / Get Data / MS Access database / Browse to mdb file and create what you need via the Pivot Table wizard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ----------------------------...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts???
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? thnx In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666 @adelphia.net says... > > based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of > data series between the graphs. > What does "movement of data series between the graphs&quo...

Excel 2007 Charts, Format data point.
I have several column charts displayed on a tab sheet (worksheet) of an Excel 2007 workbook. Some charts have a single series of data, others have more than one series per category. I want to visually differentiate some of the columns/bars in a series as representing older (vs. current) data. I can do this by double clicking on each affected bar to [Format data point] (as opposed to [Format data series]). From here, I can change the attributes (such as fill color or border style) of a single bar. (Cool.) On the charts with more than one series this works fine. However, on c...

Collecting Live Data
I have a macro which collects live data from a DDE link. Every time there is a data update it copies the new data and adds it to the bottom of the table of all previous data. The problem is I want the new data to be added to the top of the 'table' since it is the new data I am interested in (The data is stock market price/volume), and I don't want to have to scroll down to the bottom of all the records (00's/sec) to see the most recent update. The macro I use (below) is not mine but seems to be efficient. If anyone has a suggestion as to how I can resolve or even improve the e...

consolidating data from 2 worksheets
My company downloads 2 huge files every month we can access regarding customer transactions. There is some useful information in these files, but much of it I usually discard. What would be the best way for me to pull the needed columns/rows of information from each sheet and consolidate it every month? Would it be beneficial for me to set up a macro for this? (Currently i cut/paste the columns i need into a new spreadsheet, which is very time consuming) Hi, BrianB posted this answer to a similar question a while back. You might try it. Good luck. Jeff =================================...

Moving to next rec using a Different Order than the Primary Key
I hope some of the knowledgeable folks here can answer this question: When moving to the next record, the DoCmd seems to utilize the table's primary key, as in DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext So if the Primary key is on the field MemberID, for example, that will be the order employed for all such record moves (next, previous, etc). However, sometimes I need to move to the next record using another ordering scheme, say Lastname, FirstName. I've tried setting the form's OrderBy property with Me.OrderBy= "tblMember.LastName,tblMember.FirstName" and then invoking...

Single Series Stacked Column
I am working late and frustrated. I need to construct a single series vertical stacked column to show a fundraising results for a special challenge with giving to 5 programs on our school website. I have tried for hours in excel 2007, searched online for templates. One answer said you can do it in 2003 with the template wizard, then save it in 2007. I don't have 2003. Here is my ss: Fund 1 Fund 2 Fund 3 Fund 4 Fund 5 Total 11,000 8,000 200 11,000 5,000 35,200 -- Frustrated in SC Single series means only one item in the stack. I think wh...

An Excel Formula know how to re-arrange the data
The 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D and E In B3 down is: 35, 45, 13, 8 and 3. The result which I want is to list the data E, D, C, A and B from the cell C3 to C7. I want a formula which know how to rank the data in which the Excel formula know B has the highest value of 45 and E has the lowest value of 3. Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200805/1 Try this entered in C3 and copied down: =INDEX(A$3:A$7,MATCH(SMALL(B$3:B$7,ROWS(C$3:C3)),B$3:B$7,0)) If there ar...

Headers not Visible on Sub Report
Hello, I have developed a main report and a sub report. I made the sub report a part of the main by dragging it from the navigational pane. However, now, when doing a print preview, the headers cannot be seen. Please help; I am 'under the gun' to get this done. Thank you. -- phm PS: The property is visible. WHICH headers cannot be seen? I will assume you mean the page headers of the subreport. You can emulate the page headers in the subreport by adding top-level grouping level based on the value of =1. Add the controls you want to see to this new group leve...

automatically suppress Space Before after a column break (Word 200 01-27-10
After a Continuous section break, I have created 2 columns. Styles have Space Before and/or After. When I force a column with a column break, the second column is keeping the Space Before. Please note I have already selected the compatibility option 'suppress Space Before after a hard page break or column break'. What am I missing? The fact that this is a continuous section seems to be the issue. What you can do is remove the spacing before manually (as direct formatting) from the paragraph after the column break. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "...

Pivot Table Data Source 2007 v. 2003 #2
Hi, people, I have the same problem with my new Excel07. I have a macro that creates pivot tables. the source is defined as range of columns (because the range of data rows may be various). but when i look at data source of created pivot tables, they end with row nr.16384 no matter how many rows the source have. Is there any other solution except of changing source manually at every of pivot tables? because if I do it, my file=B4s size increases to 60MB from 10MB. :( Thanks for sharing your experience Veronika ...

Increase the limit to number of columns?
I have run oput of columns on my sheet. I can't insert any more. Can I increase this limitation? No, you have to manage it in other ways (e.g. multiple sheets) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "David Pharmacy 777" <David Pharmacy 777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A928D35F-F9FB-4CC0-9159-161EB61166BE@microsoft.com... > I have run oput of columns on my sheet. I can't insert any more. Can I > increase this limitation? This requires kidnapping Bill Gates and holding him to ransom until they change thi...

why have column letters changed to numbers in excel
For some reason the column headings have changed from letters to numbers. Row headings still appear with numbers. This is happening in all my excel workbooks so it must be some sort of global change that I have inadvertantly made. Does anyone know why and what I need to do to change it back. (Excel in Office 2000.) Many thanks "JCereda" <JCereda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC3F12C-786A-46ED-AAF5-BE0CBB712FD4@microsoft.com... > For some reason the column headings have changed from letters to numbers. > Row headings still appear with numbers...

What's the best way to automatically purge credit card data in CRM
What have others done to prevent storing of credit card data in the CRM (4.0) beyond a specified amount of days? I would like to strip out the data after an x amount of days, but would like the CRM to be aware of this, rather than doing it directly via a SQL statement. Anybody have some functioning examples? Thanks, -- Sketchy 3 thoughts: Use workflow to update the field after x days. Write an app using the API. Write an SQL query and schedule it. (this is unsupported but best performance) -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com "sketchy" &...

Need help moving debtors to new company
A client is moving a number of debtors plus all their open and historical transactions to a new company - I won't go into the details of why. I created a new company using the Great Plains Utilities. I have transfered the debtors and related data (from RM00101, RM00102, RM00201, RM40101, RM40102, RM40201 and RM40401) along with the open and historical transactions along with apply records and distribution records (from RM20101, RM30101, RM00401, RM20201, RM30201, RM10101, RM30301). When I run a transaction by debtor enquiry I can see all the transactions for that debtor but when I...