Column Header 03-22-10

Is there a way format the column headers in the worksheet...ie Make the A or
B on the column header row bigger or smaller...For some reason I opened up a
worksheet and all the column header letters and row header numbers are bigger
than normal and I want to get them back to their standard size?

I'm not sure but it could be something as simple as View - Zoom -reset to 100%
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Doug" wrote:

> Is there a way format the column headers in the worksheet...ie Make the A or
> B on the column header row bigger or smaller...For some reason I opened up a
> worksheet and all the column header letters and row header numbers are bigger
> than normal and I want to get them back to their standard size?

Button in CListCtrl Column
Hello everyone, I want to add a button in sub item of a list control entry. I want it to be on the right side of the text in sub item. On clicking the button I want to show file open dailog box. Can anyone suggest something in this direction? Thanking in advance, Sunil Bulani :) Hello, http://www.codeguru.com/listbox/AddControls.html With Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Hello everyone, > > I want to add a button in sub item of a list control entry. >I want it to be on the right side of the text in sub item. >On clicking the button I want to sh...

copy a drop down menu so it appears in each row of a column?
I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the drop down list appear in evey row of a column? I'm an excel newbie! thanks for your help! Make your list somewhere and then use Data-Validation-and where it says "any value" choose "list" and Then choose the source of the list. When you have done this for one cell, copy and then paste special and choose validation. Hope this helps "Vanmessa" wrote: > I'm trying to create a spread sheet...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

How to freeze one column vertically, one horizontal in same sprdsh
Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same spreadsheet? Do you mean other than Row 1 and Column 1? If that is what you meant, then the answer is "no". -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "sweaver" <sweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D0A612-C384-4EC7-8553-A8CEC509AFC1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the > same > spreadsheet? What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you want frozen. Find that inter...

Printing: repeating columns on left and RIGHT
I know in File-Page Setup I can specify the columns to repeat at the left of each printed page. For my spreadsheet however, I need to repeat some columns from both the left and RIGHT sides of my spreadsheet on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? ...

Manually uninstall GP 10
I am having problems with a GP 10 install on a Vista machine. I tried to do an upgrade from 9 to 10 and it stopped as it was looking for a Service Pack. I have tied to uninstall or reinstall both 9.0 and 10.0 and the setup file will not execute. I have turned off the user account control. I probably have a conflict with something as this a development machine with a myriad of programs on it. It there a way to manually uninstall GP? Jim ...

Categories 01-10-10
I have upgraded from OLK03 to 07 and I have my previous categories saying "not in Master Category List". How can I have all of these previous catergories apart of the Master Category List. Please if you would give a step by step or where I can see this. Previous columns have answers that for me didn't help. Right click on the root of the mailbox and choose properties, then upgrade to color categories. see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp for a tutorial. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb
Hi! I would like advice on how to separate the names and the numbers of an address written in one column into the name and the number in two separate columns. In otherwords "Kingstreet 23" must become "Kingstreet" and "23." Can anyone help with a function that can do this? Thanks in advance, Rochelle Hi Rochelle if all your names & numbers are similar to your example, then data / text to columns will probably work for you ensure that you have a couple of blank columns to the right of your current column (note, this process will split up your origin...

id is not an index in this table 03-17-10
I have been working with this database for several years. I now have an error that comes up "id is not an index in this table". I have tried making a new database and importing the tables to start over again. Then it will pop up again. Help! thanks, -- Brent Have your also tried a compact and repair? When does this happen? Can you narrow down the table? It may be that importing the problem table(s) doesn't prevent the problem from being imported. Maybe link to that table in a new database then use a make table query on it to recreate the table with fresh r...

Inserting columns into a row
Just wondering if anyone knows how to insert columns into a row. If it's not possible that's fine too..any tips would be helpful Hi Park Copy the cells in the column Right click on the first cell in the destination row and choose Paste Special>Transpose -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "park" <park@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:195421AA-806A-4081-871B-83B99B30A43A@microsoft.com... > Just wondering if anyone knows how to insert columns into a row. If it's not > possible that's fine too..any tips would be helpf...

Outlook 2002 closes 10 seconds after opening
I have not been able to find any solution to this yet and it is very frustrating. I am running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP laptop and today (after almost a year of working fine) Outlook decides to shut down about 10 seconds after I open it. No error message or anything else like that - it just closes. I already "repaired" my Office installation, but this did not solve the problem. I also downloaded and installed every Office service pack and fix that I thought could help. No luck. PLEASE HELP. Thanks, BBB ...

right justify text ot columns?
I have a column with lots of figures ranging between one and fou digits. I want to place digits into separate columns using text t columns but right justified. I thought right justifying the figure first then using text to columns would work but everything stil appears left justified. Any suggestions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi The justification of a cell is just cosmetic. You can use Text to Columns whatever the formatting is. An alternative is to use formulas: =MID(A1,1,1) =MID(A1,2,1) =MID(A1,3,1) etc Once done, if you want it right-justified, just format it as...

Need formula to check data in 2 columns to sum 3rd column
Need a formula to enter on Report Sheet under Month as indicated from tables below. The data base worksheet has info inserted daily and the report will be on another worksheet to calculate as data is updated. Any ideas?? (Need total paid for all rows paid to Name 1 with dates in month of Jan) Data Base Worksheet Report Sheet NAME DATE PAID NAME JAN FEB Name 1 01/01/04 $200.00 Name 1 ??Paid ??Paid Name 1 01/22/04 $200.00 Name 2 ??Paid ??Paid Name 2 01/15/04 $200.00 Name 1 02/04/04 $200.00 Hi try the following =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Name 1"),--(YEAR(B1:B100)=2004),--(MONTH(B1:...

Trigger question 03-15-10
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is NULL, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT Can I create a trigger to do the above ? Thank you On Mar 15, 10:09=A0am, "fniles"...

Can't send email 08-31-10
This is the error message I keep getting and I can't send any emails! The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'Re: -- SPAM -- Handyman and Painting' Server Error: 552 Server Response: 552 5.2.0 1AGh1f00M1vSJcs04AGhdf This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://coxagainstspam.cox.net for more information. ...

Changing frozen headers while scrolling
Hi, I have a situation where I'd like to change the freeze pane headers when a scroll hits a certain line. For example: FROZEN HEADER 1 data data data data FROZEN HEADER 2 data data data data FROZEN HEADER 3 data data data ..... The data line extend off the bottom of the screen, but as the user scrolls down the page, I'd like to change the header at the top of the sheet. If I freeze "FROZEN HEADER 1" and the user scrolls down to the data lines under "FROZEN HEADER 2", then the frozen header needs to change to "FROZEN HEADER 2" Is this possible with s...

columns #3
How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying to make a guest list and need to change the column names. Please help me That ability does not exist in XL. In article <ECC6FF32-BFA6-4722-8AA3-8897B1BDE3E3@microsoft.com>, Melisa <Melisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want- I am trying > to make a guest list and need to change the column names. > > Please help me A workaround since you cannot change the letters as JE points out. Use row 1 for your titles then select...

How can I see header from non-Hotmail accounts
I am configuring Symantec appliance. I send e-mail through my Symantec appliance to my verizon.net account and it works. I send e-mail through my symantec appliance to my hotmail.com account and it doesn't go thru. If look into my verizon.net account/webmail, I can't see a way to display header information. I need to analyze header info and see which IP address mail is coming from to see whether NAT translation is causing my IP address to be filtered by hotmail somehow. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:31:55 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to incorporate and display % in Column chart?
I would like to incorporate and display the percentage of the dat series in the Data Label of Column chart. Can anyone help me in thi regard, by giving a solution, w/o writing a macro? Thanks in advance -- suvransuPosted via http://www.officehelp.in - &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.officehelp.in&quot;&gt;Microsoft Office Software&lt;/a&gt If the percentage is included in the series, you can FORMAT DATA SERIES and select the appropriate data label. If it is a separate series, you'll need an add in, such as Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.c...

How do I reference last cell having an entry in a column?
Have a problem: trying to create formula for a cell to display the last entry in a column. Example: column has 100 cells, 48 of which have data. The 48th entry in the column was "556". How do I get 556 displayed in a cell by the top of the column (used as a summary)? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "USNavy Sailor" <USNavy Sailor@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CBE88CFD-AA3F-487D-8C44-F3F3CE418D5B@microsoft.com... > Have a problem: trying to create formula for a ce...

Add two Columns to a table from another table
It has been a couple of months since I have worked with access and I can't remeber the right way to put the critera. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine name is equal to each other. I know I have to use an append query I just can't figuer out how to set the critera to place the correct data in the right place. Both tables have been imported and both have a column called machine name. I want to add two columns from table A to table B where the machine names are the same. Please help me out. Thanks very much, Greg It isn't clear whether you ar...

$10,000 a week, as much as $40,000 a month or even up to $500,000 a year!
1) Though multi-level Marketing has been near and dear to many for more than 50 years, 95% of those who trusted it have failed. 2) They failed because most people simply cannot close sales. Without closing they cannot recruit. 3) Without recruiting, duplication cannot happen. Even the 5% who CAN recruit cannot achieve their full potential without duplication. 4) None of the hype, recruiting systems, replicated websites, interruption marketing, sexy products, exotic compensation plans, training kits, books, tapes, seminars, conference calls, or "heavy hitters" have been able to...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

Counting rows of blanks across certain columns
I have a survey whose answers were recorded in Excel. The answers for a particular question extend from Q6 to Z505. I need to count the people who did not answer the question (that is, the people, entered in rows 6 to 505 that left columns Q through Z blank). I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone offer a suggestion? Hi You can use a formula like this in Column AA =IF(COUNTA(Q6:Z6)=0,1,"") copy down till AA505 You can use a simple Sum formula now to count the empty ones =SUM(AA6:AA505) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "crossingboston" <...