COLOUR CHANGE IS A CELL

Cyber taz
What I am trying to do is use say a red coulured cell but when text is added
to the cell it changes colour to green.
The other thing if possible a drop down menu in a cell so when clicked on it
offers three of four selection
For example
today
tomorow
yesterday
day after
And once one wes highlighted it would show in the cell.
Thankls for your help it is really apprereciated.
0
mav1525 (4)

You can use data validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There
are instructions in Excel's help, and here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

On POS (not RMS) Instructions for Changing Noninventory Item, Price, Cost, and Volume
We drop ship noninventory items to customers, and when the price, cost, or capacity of an item changes, we want to change it so it is reflected accurately on invoices. However, when we attempt to change the cost, price, and description, a message pops up stating "The item description is already in use." Of course it's already in use, we just want to edit it. Nothing else has changed, same Item Number, same Department, same Category; we're just not permitted to edit it. For example, if the Item Description were "Coke," and we attempt to change the Item Descripti...

Change a range of data in a query
Hi All, I just realized a mistake in our database. I need to change 100,000+/- entries. I have a query that shows me all the wrong entries, so is there a way I can select a range of wrong data can change it from 83 to 157? My query isn't exact enough to show me just the wrong data, but I can modify it to do so. Thanks Chad Chad Have you looked into using an Update query? (see Access HELP) CAUTION!!! Be sure you have your database backed up BEFORE you run an update query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may ha...

Cell won't accept date past year 2009
I have a spreadsheet where a date in the future needs to be entered; however, when I attempt to enter any date over the year 2009, it doesn't accept the cell and the entry vanishes. The format is set for date. Am I missing something else that I should be looking for? The spreadsheet was built internally but is no longer here. It doesn't sound like data validation, but it could be a worksheet change event that was used to control data entry. Try opening the workbook with macros disabled. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "lbrown" <lbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

clearing a cell #2
I'm very new at using excel and if someone could help me please:) :) how do I keep a formula in a cell example I've put the formula in the cell and go back to it to enter some data and need to clear the data I always seem to clear my formula what do I do????to keep the formula in the cell Thanks gg -- genevieveg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ genevieveg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30333 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499991 Formulas cant work in the cel...

Re: Windows Mail has changed and I don't like it, how can I get it bac
"http://ww.google.nl/" <dirkapon58@exemple.com> schreef in bericht news:... > > "Archie" <Archie@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht > news:99187F16-AA61-4C86-8DC6-9E3BEAAE4A26@microsoft.com... >> My windows page has changed. I used to be able to double click on the >> sender >> and get the messaget displayed in the entire window. What happens is I >> have >> to scroll down on the sidebar to see the entire message. I want my mail >> to >> look as it originally did. >> > ...

Sum if cell = grey
Hi, Is it possible to have sum if cell = a colour? If for example from row A1 to 20 I have a list of numbers each with or without a cell fill colour as required. Is there a formula, (not code), I can use to calculate the sum of all the cells coloured in grey for example (colour index 15)? Thanks LiAD How did the cells get to be colored? Manually..........you will need code. Conditional Formatting? SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT by same criteria. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:31:03 -0800, LiAD <LiAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, ...

Excel VBA
To count unique values in a column in a range we can use: =SUMPRODUCT((Table!D2:D1000<>"")/(COUNTIF(Table!D2:D1000,Table!D2:D1000)+(Table!D2:D1000=""))) That is if the data range is around 1k+ but what if i want to coun lets say 60k records?? i tried using the above function to count 10 records and it hangs. Does anyone have solution to count up to 60 records? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Give the following a try. I didn't write it, so it'll probably work ;) Cheers Sub ExtractUniqueList() Dim wksList As Worksheet Dim rngList As Range...

Changing language in office 2007
Hello! I purchased my computer from dell spain and ordered everything in english. I received the computer as ordered but with office in spanish. I have tried to call technical support but all the information they give me is that with the office CD that I received I can change the language to english myself. However they give no information on how. I have tried to change it as per instructions on the microsoft office help section but the menus ar all still in spanish. Can anybody help me explain how I can change the menus in spanish office to english? Is it even possible? To...

Drop down list change to check box
My Member Visiting field have a drop down list I like to change this to a check box. How do I change this? Thanks KN To do that one you'll have to delete the combo and add a checkbox and bind the checkbox to the field (if it is the right datatype) for a Yes/No data type. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "knock" wrote: > My Member Visiting field have a drop down list I like to change this to a > check box. > How do I change this? > > Thanks > KN ...

Selecting 40 cells in one moment
Hello, I'm using excel 2002 and windows 2000 professional. I am trying to dynamically create a "range string" for a range that would like to select in a sheet. The range sometimes consists of 4 cells (not always following each other). With a range string as in the following example I get an run-time erro message during selection: dim myRangeString as String myRangeString="$J$15,$L$15,$N$15,$P$15,$Q$15,$S$15,$T$15,$U$15,$V$15,$W$15,$X$15,$Y$15,$Z$15,$AA$15,$AB$15,$AC$15,$AD$15,$AE$15,$AF$15,$AG$15,$AH$15,$AI$15,$AJ$15,$AK$15,$AL$15,$AM$15,$AN$15,$AO$15,$AP$15,$AQ$15,$AR$...

Cannot change Series references
Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro does not change Series references TitleName = "Stripper Well Survey - " Windows("StripperWellsMod.xls").Activate Sheets("Charts").Select Range("A1").Select SheetColumn = 1 ChartNum = 1 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate Sheets("#of wells").Select RowLoc = LTrim(Str$(43 + ChartNum)) NameLoc = "B" + RowLoc 'eg: B44 Range(NameLoc).Select 'state name, eg: ALABAMA CTitle = TitleName + ActiveCell.Value Sheets(...

Is there a way to change line spacing for CEdit
Hi, Is there a way to change line spacing for CEdit? Thanks a lot Rich edit controls support almost all of the operations and notification messages used with multiline edit controls. Thus, applications that already use edit controls can be easily changed to use rich edit controls. Additional messages and notifications enable applications to access the functionality unique to rich edit controls. -------------------- >Reply-To: "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.crow.remoovethis@pbsnow.com> >From: "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.crow.remoovethis@pbsnow.com> >...

sum of cells within a month...
is there a way to do this; i would like to add the values in a range of cells based on the dates of another range of cells. for example: 6401936 4/17/2003 G025498 21,500.00 28860 5/9/2003 6425598 4/23/2003 G025852 32,650.00 28860 5/9/2003 6401938 4/17/2003 G025498 21,500.00 28860 5/12/2003 6430847 4/24/2003 G025999 35,150.00 28860 5/12/2003 6430849 4/24/2003 G025999 21,950.00 28860 5/12/2003 6489337 5/8/2003 QC03044 21,500.00 28860 5/12/2003 6437699 4/25/2003 G026497 21,500.00 28860 5/27/2003 6503075 5/12/2003 G025252 25,500.00 28860 5/27/2003 ...

How can I set more than 3 conditions for cells?
I have a worksheet that I need to colour code the cells according to their values and I need a total of 11 colours. Conditional formatting only has up to 3 conditions and so I cannot use that method. Is there any other way that I can format my cells to automatically colour code? Thank you. Hi, You could buy Excel 2007 or use the worksheet change event. In the sample below I've done only 4 options but you can easilly extend this to 11. You didn't say what values you wanted either but likewise you can easily alter this Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Targe...

UDF is updateing cells on another sheet with count from current sheet.
Hi All, First, thanks for your time: I wrote a UDF function that counts background colors. It takes a cell argument with the background color that I want to count. I work out the range in the function because the top of the sheet is like a report (headings, legend, and color count that kind of stuff); the data is pasted below the top part. I know the first row and find the last row. Here is the issue. There are 2 sheets in the work book that use this function. When I hit Atl -> Ctrl -> Shift -> F9 it counts the colors but puts the count the in both sheets instead of each sheet havi...

protect formula in cell and still allow data deletion
I need to be able to protect the formulas in a cell while still being able to delete the data. All cells are locked by default, so when you protect the worksheet, all cells are protected. To accomplish what you want, go to the Edit menu, choose Goto, click Special and then choose Formulas. Then, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, and then the Protection tab. There, uncheck the locked option. Now protect your sheet. All formulas will be locked, but all other cells will be unlocked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com ...

Change current page to frames
My homepage is already created. I'd like to change it to frames. Can this be done using the same page? Thanks in advance!! Richard was thinking very hard : > My homepage is already created. I'd like to change it to frames. Can this be > done using the same page? Thanks in advance!! Umm, why not? Edit the source, and you're off to the races. Or, you could create a new "home" page, then do a bit of file renaming to move the old one out and the new one in. I tend to do the latter on major surgery, and the former for run of the mill nips/tucks. -- ...

"Format cells" not working
I have some Excel files in which "Format Cells" is not working. I canno bring up the format cell box either through Ctrl-1, the task bar, o right-clicking the mouse. While "Format Cells" works in other Exce files, as soon as anything is copied from one of the "infected" file to another file where "Format Cells" was working, "Format Cells" stop working in these other files as well. I am using Excel 2000 and Windows XP. Any ideas before I hurl my lapto from my 79th floor office -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Your sheet ...

Changing the Font of an Edit Box
Hi: I have a dialog-based vc++ 6.0 application that has an Edit Box. I want to display the text in the Edit Box in the "Courier" font so that the characters line up vertically. Following an example in a c++ book I have, I tried to change the font by adding the following code to the OnPaint() function: void CMyDlg::OnPaint() { if (IsIconic()) { ...... } else { CPaintDC dc(this); CFont MyFont; MyFont.CreateFont( 24, 0, 0, 0, 400, FALSE, FALSE, 0, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, FIXED_PITCH | FF_MODERN, "Courier"...

In cell editing

Can a cell = an image
Not sure if this is even possible. Instead of a numeric value, I want to put an image inside cell A1. Then I want to go to a different cell, say F12, and input formula =A1 , and have the picture duplicate in cell F12. Then if I change image in A1, all referenced images will change? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi! The function you need is not supported by Excel. You can only link to values or text in a cell, images and other objects are not placed inside a cell. Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "R B" <sp@mautographs@lvcm.com> wrote in message news:uJZYb.201...

Making a cell blank or empty without deleting it
Hopefully I explain this well: I have data logged over a few days. It is simply stored as two columns of equal length. (Temp and pressure) I am performing a test on the pressure reading using an IF statement in the 3rd column that indicates which "mode" the experiment was in at the time. Say there are 4 types of data modes that are of variable/random length and spread throughout the data set. My end result needs to be a graph of each mode (T vs P). Currently, depending on the mode of data found, I am storing the 1st mode data in the 4th column, the 2nd mode in the 5th column etc ...

I cannot find "Change register view" button or window.
) I have just paid for Money Essentials version 17.0.80.727 as of 11/09/2007 I was on Trial version for almost 90 days. I want to change register view on my Essential back to the one that I like. But cannot find "change register view" button. I need the 9 columns account register setup consists the following columns: Red Flag, Red Exclamation, Number, Date, Payee, C, Payment or Charge, Deposit or Credit, Balance. This link show the Essentials account register version I want: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/284.aspx But I cannot find "Change register view" butto...

Change name? #2
Peo, many thanks for your help. It was right on the money! Regards, Roger From: "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> Subject: Re: Change name? Date: May 1, 2005 2:12 PM Since you use outlook express you have to do it there tools>account and select the news account in question and click properties then change the name -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Roger Bedford" <rb10@canada.com> wrote in message news:O1lwmwoTFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do I change the name that is in the microsoft.public.excel.misc column > "From". > > Tha...

Pivot and changing External data source
I have in Excel (2003) a Pivot table pointing at a Access database. Now I have moved the Access database to a new location and want to point the Pivot table to that path. When I refresh my Pivot table I am warned that the original file does no longer exist and when I Click "OK" the Login dialogue appear where I can select a new database. If I select the new location of the database and finish this dialogue I still get an error message that Excel can not find the mdb-file in the original location. I have studied other related topics on this site and it is suggested that the fo...