Color change in cell when > 49.99

I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or
higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention.
im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to
aplly this to:
=HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20)

have you tried conditional formating?
format>conditional formating

0
anonymous (74722)

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Different background color depending on x-axis value
Hi! Is there any way to have the background in a chart have differen colors depending on x-axis values? Like x-axis value 1-10 => blue background x-axis value 10-20 => red background Thank -- RealRave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56778 Here are a few of the ways you can get custom background fills for your charts" http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Backgro...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

Conditional Cell Fill?
Hello, Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? Thanks, Rusty Look at conditional formatting in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rusty Williamson" <rusty@uno.sd.znet.com> wrote in message news:RUGlb.45764$Z86.33887@twister.socal.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? > > Thanks, > Rusty > > ...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

calculation of cells
Periodically I open a work book and the calculation option has been changed to manual and I cannot figure out why. It seems that it would have to be done by a user and most of my spreadsheets are only used by me. Any ideas out there Mark, Calculation, auto or manual, is set by the first workbook that's opened. It is that way for any other workbooks opened in that instance of excel. Look for a workbook you might have opened first that's been set to Manual and saved that way. Go figure. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------...

returning vlookup values for blank cells
I have a spreadsheet that lists "soccer players" by name down the first colunm and "time in game" across the top and the position they play in array. I then use vlookup for another spreedsheet by "position" down the first column, time across the top and puts the players name into the positions. All this works fine. Since there are 5 more kids than positions, the orginal spreedsheet has blanks when the kids are out of the game. How do I use vlookup or other to extract the 5 sub'd out kids at the bottom of the 2nd spreadsheet? It only returns the nam...

Skip blank cells in diagrams
How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0' but just to skip the cell. You can include the function NA() in that field and the zero value for the data won't be displayed. "hlp" <hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FF83D9F-F13E-4815-BDDE-26F44F2E6BE1@microsoft.com... > How do I exclude blank cells in diagrams. If I have an area of data and among > these data some is blank. How do I get excel to not display these data as '0...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Place X in cell if criteria met`
Is there a formula to do this? If cell B2 = pencils Put an "X" in cell B7 If cell B2 = pens Put an "X" in cell B8 If cell B2 = erasers Put an "X" in cell B9 Thanks in advance in cells B7 put =if(B2="pencils","x","") in Cell B8 put =if(B2="pens","x","") In cell B9 put =if(B2="erasers","x","") "jhicsupt" wrote: > Is there a formula to do this? > > If cell B2 = pencils > Put an "X" in cell B7 > > If cell B2 = pens ...

can I find merged cells?
I'm trying to sort and get the message "merged cells must be the same size". How can I 'find' the merged cells? David, here is a macro by Dave Peterson that will do it Sub Found_Merged_Cells() 'macro looks for merged cells 'By Dave Peterson Dim myCell As Range Dim resp As Long For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells If myCell.MergeCells Then If myCell.Address = myCell.MergeArea(1).Address Then resp = MsgBox(prompt:="found: " _ & myCell.MergeArea.Addre...

Write formula for simple copy and paste to another cell
I have a worksheet that contains hundreds of columns. Each group of three are related to each other (Cols A-C, D-F, etc...). I have this formula that works well for columns A-C =IF(NOT(ISBLANK('Page 5 Counts'!B2)),VLOOKUP('Page 5 Counts'!B2,'Color Key'!$A$1:$B$87,2,FALSE),IF(AND(COLUMN()=COLUMN($B$1),ROW()=1),IF($A$2=$A$1,"",1),IF(AND(COLUMN()=COLUMN($C$1),ROW()=1),$B$1,IF(AND(COLUMN()=COLUMN($B$2),ROW()=2),IF($A$2=$A$1,2,1),IF(AND(COLUMN()=COLUMN($C$2),ROW()=2),IF($A$2=$A$3,"",IF($A$2=$A$1,$B$2,1)),IF(AND(COLUMN()=COLUMN($B$3),ROW()=3),IF($A...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...