Collecting data

I have an evaluation sheet created in Excel 2003. I have a number of
questions which have responses eg. poor, fair, good, excellent etc.  These
will be answered by ticking in an ‘ActiveX Check Box’. Beside each question
the respondent can add comments, for this I used the ‘ActiveX Text Box’ with
a scroll bar. We usually only send this form out to random attendees and
getting about 5-10 responses. It was not difficult to collect the data for
such a small number. What has happened now is that a colleague has sent the
form out to everybody that attended one of our presentations and to date we
have received over a hundred responses. Had I been aware of this I would have
put some backend data collection on the form before it went out.
My problem is how do I collect all this data without having to go through
each sheet manually.
Can I create another sheet and then paste the evaluation sheets into it and
collect the data that way somehow. I am appealing to you gurus to help me out
please.
Thanks
Lynda

Query Data Format
I am importing a simple patient list into Excel that is the data range for a vlookup formula. The challenge is that the patient RecordID used for the value to lookup is an autonumber in Access and imports in a format other than a number that the vlookup formula does not recognize. RecordID LastName FirstName 24001 Brown John If I go to the data range and manually place the curser behind each RecordID "number" and hit delete it then aligns to the right and is recognized as a number. I want to have the query updated or refreshed at opening of the file an...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

data validation for a single text entry
How can I create a data validation for a single text entry (i.e. to allow leaving the cell blank or entering the word "Yes") without having to create a list of the single entry (i.e. Yes). The other options in data validation related to numbers, not text. Thank you -- MZ Hi, I assume I enter the word Yes in cell B1 then position in the cell you want to apply data validation, go to data validation, custom and enter there the formula as follow =OR(A1=B1,A1="") the above formula is validating data entered in A1 "MZ" wrote: > How can I ...

How to fill a range with data from another range?
Hello people! I hope someone could help me - I think what I need is not very complex, but I can't figure it out for the life of it! I have a list of customers and each of them gets a specific kind of discount for each product category (so in effect I've got a table, say 50 rows down by 10 columns accross). What I need to do is, on a different sheet, to be able to have a dropdown list with the customer names (I know how to do this), and when I choose a customer from the list a table nearby will be filled with the discount values from the aforementioned sheet. Anyone can tell m...

Formatting data into 1 column into 3 columns???
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has text in 1 column (64 pages) and I need to format so that it ends up in three columns. For example the column looks like this name address phone name address phone etc. I need it to go across like: name address phone Is there a way to make this happen??? MANY THANKS if anyone can help!!! Tricia Make sure you have a back up first.! Assuming the first name of your list is in a1 Enter in b1 ....=a1 in c1......=a2 in d1.....=a3 extend down the column as far as you need to. enter in e1 ....1 in e2......2 in e3......3...

how do i seperate data from one column into two seperate ones in .
how would i seperate the data below (which is currently in one column) into two seperate columns based on date/time? 2/16/2005 1:09:09 PM try <data><text to columns> using space as your delimitor "Nikki" wrote: > how would i seperate the data below (which is currently in one column) into > two seperate columns based on date/time? > > 2/16/2005 1:09:09 PM > copy the text and then select paste special and select space delineated. "bj" wrote: > try <data><text to columns> using space as your delimitor > > "Nikki...

Paste data under existing data
I have a simple form where I enter data into columns. I need to copy this data and transpose it and paste it under existing data in a spreadsheet. I can't get my macro to add this copied data in the next blank row under existing data - it keeps pasting to the same row and overwriting data. I would appreciate any assistance with this. Pam Since you didn't post your macro, maybe .offset(1) or row+1 would help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pam Brenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c3ce59$bc1bb710$a101280a...

Data entry form 10-04-07
I created a main form (to pull out and display info about a student that are already in the system such as name and address) and a subform (to get new student information such as phone and email) for the user to input data. Now the student needs to be assigned to a teacher. I want to design a new Form for the user that pulls all stud data from the main/subform above and assign this stud to a teacher. I plan to create a combo box for the user to select a teacher from the drop down list. I have a table tblTeacher that has StudId and TeacherId are primary keys. tblTeacher contains info abo...

How do I obtain cell information (column/row) from data marker?
I would like to know how to obtain cell information, that is the column and row (basically the location) for a particular data point or marker on a graph. I've used other programs and when I click on a data point on a graph, the cell is highlighted in the worksheet, is this available with Excel? Thanks ...

MSQuery not returning new data...
I am using MSQuery to query our database and return values to Excel. I will be returning this information monthly, so every month I want to see the current month's data. Some of my queries are able to be represented graphically in MSQuery, so I set up a prompt for criteria to enter the month and year of the information I want for my query. Works great... Several of the queries are too complex to be represented graphically so (I believe) I cannot set a criteria the way I did on the others. I believe it is mainly the use of subselects that is causing this. No big deal. I just set a v...

how do i find out what data is hidden i excel
how does one know if the data is hidden and how do i found out what data is hidden? What type of data? As it currently reads, your question is rephrased as "How do I know something exists if I don't know about it?" -- Best Regards, Luke M "dan cassidy" <dan cassidy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ECA404E-9699-4B1D-8AD1-076119C20BDE@microsoft.com... > how does one know if the data is hidden and how do i found out what data > is > hidden? ...

transfer data to new computer
I have a new computer and cannot figure out how to transfer my calendar, contacts, etc from the old Outlook to the new. Any help? Thanks Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b701c3a7eb$40e1f850$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new compu...

Feeding MS Excell with MS Word data
Hi there! I need to know if it is possible to pass data from MS Word to MS Excell The data in MS Word is text, and I need to place some information in specific columns in an Excell Workbook Thanks Christian ...

Y-Axis maximum based on data range
How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y- axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again, since the values in the data range may change, I want the maximum value to be chosen dynamically. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay Hi Jay have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Frank Jay wrote: > How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value...

I have ad address in one column. I need to break apart the data
I have a column which hosts address information and I would like to break aprat the data into multiple column into address column, city column, state column, and zip code column. the data in that column they have the same format here are some examples 1134 first st., San Jose, CA 95132 234 Main st., Santa Clara, CA 95050 Can someone please help? 2 step process. Step 1: Select the current column, go to Data > Text to columns. Select delimited, check the comma box and click finish This will put the address in first column, City in city column, and the remaining two - state and code in ...

delete data bases
I am very new to access and have been playing with data bases and now would like to delete them. is there a way to delete them from my recent database list. Why? The only time anyone would see those is when launching Access from your PC, and you know which ones have been deleted... There's a KB article at Microsoft.com that covers how to remove the Recent .... list from earlier versions of Access (you don't mention which version you are using) -- KB95569. Good Luck Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "mobeer1958" <mobeer1958@discussions.microsoft.com...

importing online data into excel
I have a list of search terms to look up in a search engine (google for example)in one column of an excel spreadsheet. I'd like to find a way to have excel automate the process of going out onto the net and reporting back the number of searches found for each search term in column and place the info into another column. Do-able? How? Thanks, Bob R. ...

Data Validation (List Format
I have created a list via Data Validation. However I cannot change the font in the list on the drop down box. The font in the box is too small to even read. Can someone advise? Either how do I change the font in the list? Or is there something else that I need to adjust in my spreadsheet? Thanks - Tim Hi Tim, Unfortunatly, you can't change the font size in a DV list. About the only thing you can do is too increase the zoom setting. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have created a list via Data Validation. However I >cannot change the font in the list on the dr...

left(string, number) with linked data to SQL2000 does not work
I am converting a client's program to work with data in an SQL 2000 database. Previously the data was linked to a separate Access mdb file. now it is linked via ODBC to SQL 2000. The following snipet works if the data is in an Access table but once the table is in SQL the function left(string, number) stops the Access engine from even entering the procedure. I put a msgbox "Hi" at the beginning of the funtion and it did not even come up. I do not get any error msgs it just does nothing! Any Clue?? If Left(Me.CUSTID.Value, 3) = "IDG" Then Dim valoare2...

Trying to add resource allocation data to a gantt chart built in E
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. I've been asked to create a one-page report that shows major projects and work assignments, and their durations over a period of time so we can see where they overlap and competing for resources. So I created a gantt chart in Excel using the stacked horizontal bar chart feature with the data as the task/start date/duration to create the bars (I got this neat trick from this YouTube video, believe it or not...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwE0Xv1lAA.) Now, I need to overlay percentage of resource allocations for several teams in different colors ...

Plot Hourly Data
How can you plot data that is less than daily? I typically create charts of data that has hourly or even 15 minute time steps. Excel will sum all the values for the day and just plot daily data, or monthly, or yearly. Sample Data: A B C Date Time Flow(mgd) Rain(in) 2/13/2007 1:00 1.2 0 2/13/2007 2:00 1.3 0.1 2/13/2007 3:00 1.5 0.2 2/13/2007 4:00 1.1 0 Sorry, I don't see your difficulty. Combine date and time in one column, & use that as the X values for your XY chart. -- David Biddulph "mjwedeking" <mjwedeking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Data validation question
A colleague runs the car-park lottery for our organisation. She uses an Excel spreadsheet witha round 1500 entries. The sheet identifies each staff member by means of their exclusive payroll number. The lottery is run 4 times a year. However, she has a problem in that when a member rings up to register sometimes neither her nor the member is able to tell if they have registered before. She wants to ensure that it is not possible to enter a person twice. So, what would be ideal, is when she has entered the payroll number if there is no pre-existing entry Excel will allow her to proceed ...

Importing Data From Another Spreadsheet
I would like to import some data from another spreadsheet. The spreadsheet that would supply the data looks like this: Column A Column B -------- -------- A6520 04-02 X 1511 03-01-VT X S6520 00 mtr-AAA-TR565 BC6520 04-02-01 X D6520 00-ABC 8951511 03-01-VTM X The X's in col. B are the result of an IF formula, something like =if(c3>2000,"X",""), etc., thus they will/will not be there depending on the values in col. C. The data in col. A should be imported into the other spreadsheet on...

passing data from a CTreeCtrl to an application
hi, my application executes a dialog (that contains a CTreeCtrl) and an opengl window. Before opengl window's popups, the user must fill in some data in the CTreeCtrl. If I choose a modal dialog, I can't access from my application to the data of the CTreeCtrl after DoModal because the dialog has been destroyed. If I choose a modeless dialog, I can't "stop"/"pause" the execution of my application until the user has introduced the data. Anybody can give me a solution? thanks us in advance and excuse me for my poor english Use some structures to store the data i...

how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each s.
how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each single cell with F2 One way to try: Select the column Click Data > Text to Columns > Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Ronald" <Ronald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A237153C-3A76-4F04-BA0E-C4555F255E4C@microsoft.com... > how to change data in worksheet in text without confirming each single cell > with F2 ...