Clear content cells with external link

I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd
like to do is to create a simple VBA code to find cells
with external link, and then clear content them. Does
anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks

Hey Diego,

You have 5 posts to 2 different NG's asking this same question. Have some
patience and please do not double, or quintuple, post.

tim

"diego" <porno_abis@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a workbook with a lot of external links. What I'd
> like to do is to create a simple VBA code to find cells
> with external link, and then clear content them. Does
> anyone know how to do this ?
>
> Thanks

0
timotero (63)
7/29/2003 10:15:48 PM
And you do have at least one guess to your other post in .misc.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Format a cell as seconds
Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I would need two cells for that. I want to format the cell I'm working in. Thanks! Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lisa wrote: > Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I > would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I > know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I > would need two cells for tha...

use arrow keys to tab to specific cells
I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? Hi, On the keyboard tap 'Scroll Lock' key. Mike "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the > entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? SCROLL lock is ON. (Key near to Print Screen in your keyboard) Turn it OFF -- Jacob "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific c...

Excel 97
I have 2 different pivot tables, each with a total. If I select both totals using Office 2003, the SUM of the 2 cells appears in the bottom right of the spreadsheet. If I try to select the same 2 cells using Office 97, nothing happens and the cells are not selected. Can anyone confirm whether or not this function is only available with Office 2000 or later? ...

excel copy cells to word template
I have a large workbook and I want to copy cells from one sheet called Menu to a specific word template called PDC_MCC_IR.dot and save the word template as a word document. I have a bit of code that can open a word document and past information from cells in the word document but I need help for the rest. Can anyone help me. Here is the code that I already have. Sub Excel_to_Word() Dim appWord As Word.Application Set appWord = New Word.Application appWord.Visible = True Range("b4:c10").Copy appWord.Documents.Add.Content.Paste Application.CutCopyMode ...

Last Cell
Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as the last cell? Thanks! Hi not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re-set the used range try http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Allison wrote: > Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as > the last cell? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Hi >not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re- set the used >range try >http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >F...

How to combine cells into one
I am trying to map a product list to a template for their my website ecommerce app. my product fields don't match up exactly with the website so in some cases I need to consolidate fields. I would like take some columns and combine them into one.. but instead of taking 1,2,3 into 123 I want to add some text and stuff in between... ie, some of the columns I have are measurements so the numbers alone might be meaning less. I'm not really excel savvy but I tried =B2&othercolumns, but the problem with this is there are no spaces. I tried adding spaces before and or a...

active cell status disappears ??
If I leave the cursor in say C5, and come back to the computer a minute or so later, the Name box shows C5 as the active cell, but the cell isn't referenced anymore ... in other words, it's not "framed" showing that's where the cursor is ... I have to physically click the mouse in a cell to get the "frame" to come back ... This just started happening a week or so ago, on my work computer ... I don't know is someone else might have downloaded a virus or changed the settings ... Help ...??? When Excel itself loses focus (is no longer the active applic...

Working with external quoting systems
We have CRM 3.0, which is only used for contact management since we have developed other applications in MS Access 2003 for developing quotes and working with files from other software packages. The Access system fetches the customer information the the CRM database and that's just about all. We plan to migrate to CRM 4.0 and would like to keep the functionality of our rather complex quoting system, but have it more fully integrated so we can use all the opportunity management features and sales automation and reporting features. My guess is that we should try to re-write the quote ...

Pinning website link to IE8 Icon in Win 7
I have two brand new Win7 home premium 64 computers, each with IE8 installed and the icon on the taskbar. I want to pin some frequently accessed web links to the IE8 icon on the taskbar. The process I use is as follows: 1. Enter the desired website=92s address in the IE8 address bar, and access the site. 2. Left click the address in the IE8 address bar and drag the address down to atop the Taskbar=92s IE8 icon. That=92s it. But when I use this identical procedure on the two computers, I succeed on one and fail on the other. As far as I can tell all the settings on the two ...

Seperating cells and columns
Is there a way to seperate some cells and/or columns so you could have different height cells/columns that are in the same row? thx, Dave -- DRLski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DRLski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401166 inserts some rows above and below your initial row and merge the ones that need to be higher with cells above and/or below -- Dnereb -------------------------------------------------------------------...

conditional formatting, empty cells
Hi faced to the following problem: Let us asssume that i want to c fin all values in column A with range 3 to 9 and make them red. Everything goes fine when I select the whole column, go to th conditional formatting and use the system: if cell value is not betwee 0-9 make the cell red. The blank cells are not colored BUT: when I use the same system with values between 3-9, the empt cells are colored to red and system is not working. Can anyone explain why this system is working from 0 to eternity an not from 1 to eternity.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are these ce...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

Seperate two words in a cell
I have a column heading called "Name". Each cell in this column contains the first and the last name. What formula can I use (in 2 new columns called FName and SName) to separate the first name from the last name. Hi, Gary. Use Text to Columns, about 1/3rd the way down this page: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Gary" <g45340@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42de4c57$0$8417$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > I have a column heading called "Name&qu...

Clear Sheet2 before copy
Hello, I had help earlier this morning with this macro, it is working well now, but I was wondering if it is possible to incorporate a function that when first running the macro it will clear/delete Sheet2 "ROWS" starting row 2 through row 2000, also returning the row height to it default, column width is OK. Than complete the task. -Many Thanks Sub Macro1() For Each c In [H5:H2000] x = Sheets("sheet2").Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1 If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then c.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("sheet2").Cells(x, 1) End If Next End Sub Ray, add this Sheet...

Mail clears when I exit Outlook
Hello, I have Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 and I followed the instructions to IMAP my gmail account to outlook. It works great and all of my emails load into outlook. That is, until I close outlook. Once I close it and reopen outlook and click to open with my profile of the gmail account, there is no longer any emails stored in outlook. This has been very confusing for me so I apologize if I haven't explained this very well. Any help that you could give me would be great. Thanks! Sean wrote: > Hello, I have Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 and I followed the instructions to &...

Check Links in GP6.0
I'm new to a company that is running GP 6.0 and have not run Check Links for at least a year. Before I run against the live database I'd like to restore to a test company and run the process. My question is what kind of things should I do and look for to validate that the check links process was succesful. What I fear is that we run the process and find days later that it messed something up and we have to try and recover. Is there a checklist of things to look for? Thanks for any help! Jeff... Jeff, If check links changes anything at all, it will indicate so in a repor...

How can I convert empty strings to empty cells?
Hi there. Hopefully someone can help with something that seems pretty strange. I'm exporting data from access to excel and doing some stuff to the data with pivot tables. In the pivot tables however, blank cells don't register as 'blank' unless I manually go into each cell and hit delete (even though there seems to be nothing there to delete). Here's an example of before: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecked Total (blank) 4 Yes 6 Grand Total 10 and after I delete the data in the seemingly blank cells: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecke...

CC trans clear as hand keyed
About 2% of my credit card transactions are clearing as 'hand keyed', which of course bumps them up to some outrageous discount rate. We rarely hand key any transaction, so I have been trying to track down the cause of this downgrade. I spoke with the folks at Vital and we checked out a few of the offending transactions. According to them, the hand keyed status originates from RMS, it is not done at their end end for 'lack of data'. I am using the Mini-Mag and swiped a card in Notepad and it matched perfectly with the expected info, per theKnowledgebase article, but then...

Exporting OLE links from SQL tables
I'm not familiar enough with GP table structure to know if I'm even asking the right question here, but here goes: I have a client that manually creates an Excel spreadsheet that contains exported general ledger transactions. They then create a hyperlink for each transaction in the spreadsheet, linking the line to a document on their document server. What I'm wondering is if it is possible to export the OLE links from GP transactions directly into Excel (or some other format) at the same time as exporting the transaction detail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx, Fra...

Pull data (sumif?) from an external workbook
I have a workbook "report". Col A has contains products. The number of products in column A may vary but each product features only once. eg: TOTAL SALES FOR JANUARY ColA ColB ItemX 4 ItemY 5 ItemZ 4 Another workbook "sales" contains the individual sales of these items in one month. So Col A contains the products which may feature once or several times. Col B contains the Qty. eg: SALES FOR JANUARY ColA ColB ItemX 1 ItemX 3 ItemY 5 ItemZ 2 ItemZ 2 Both workbooks reside...

Importing or opening a set of email addresses so that they are in vertical cells
When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar and past it into excel they are all in one cell. HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? Thanks Hi Use File/Import Export from Outlook and choose 'Excel file' as type. Andy. "Felix" <felix@feacinstitute.org> wrote in message news:1143044573.798729.163680@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar > and past it into excel they are all in one cell. > HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? > Thanks > Andy thanks, but what I need is: I have a w...

Placing query results in a cell
I have a project where I can connect to a database, construct a query within a VBA module: mysql01 = " select ChildID, ChildName " mysql02 = " from tblChild " Now suppose I want to put the results of the query anywhere in the spreadhseet, i.e. in a specific cell. How do I do that? On Nov 26, 4:55=A0pm, Tangier <nitinhemm...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a project where I can connect to a database, construct a query > within a VBA module: > > mysql01 =3D " select ChildID, ChildName " > mysql02 =3D " from tblChild " > > Now suppo...

How to ckeck if a text is larger than the cell ?
Hello. How, by programming, can I check if a text in a cell is too large, and therefore will not be fully displayed ? In order to reduce the font size only when needed. Thank you, Gilbert On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:18:38 +0200, "Gilbert Tordeur" <gilbert.tordeur@orange.fr> wrote: >Hello. > >How, by programming, can I check if a text in a cell is too large, and >therefore will not be fully displayed ? In order to reduce the font size >only when needed. In the Alignment tab, there's a Shrink to Fit option. Would that do it? ...

How to count Number of cells holding a particular value.
HI All, In my table there are 3 columns. Each cell in the last column holds either 1 or 0. I want to get the sum of the cells of the last column on top of the column name. I used the sum function to do this and works fine. But my requirement is to get the sum of the cells in the last column when i Filter using 1st and 2nd columns. e.g. Filter using the first column would give 10 rows from 30 rows. I need the sum of the cells of the third row only for those 10 rows. How can I achieve this using functions? Thank You in advance. Gihan. Use SUBTOTAL(9, range) -- ____________________________...

VBA to change format of a linked cell
I apologize if this is really simple, but I've been searching around on the web and haven't found what I am looking for.... Maybe I am not searching for the right thing..... I would like to know the VBA syntax that I could use to change the font format of a linked cell to be the same as the cell it is linked to... A simple example: on sheet2, in cell b13, is the value 2. It is colored blue and is bolded. on sheet2, in cell b47, is the value 5. it is formatted in the default manner cell A1, on the sheet named sheet1, contains the formula ='sheet2!b13' cell A2, on the sheet ...