Class not registered

Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message:
"Class not registered.
Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68-
00AA00574A4F}"

Excel will load but I can't get the file to open.

anonymous (74722)

First, I have no idea.  I search google for that CLSID and found one unanswered
hit.

But until someone comes along who knows, you could try this (it won't cause harm
and if it works, woohoo!):

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Post back either way.  Then google will know for the next guy.

Thanks,

Mato Nanjin wrote:

> Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message:
> "Class not registered.
> Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68-
> 00AA00574A4F}"
>
> Excel will load but I can't get the file to open.

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
7/31/2004 8:58:35 PM
I tried that and it did not work.  But thanks for the
response and help.

Mato

registry to excel's
>factory defaults.
>
>Post back either way.  Then google will know for the next
guy.

>Thanks,
>
>Mato Nanjin wrote:
>>
>> Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message:
>> "Class not registered.
>> Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68-
>> 00AA00574A4F}"
>>
>> Excel will load but I can't get the file to open.
>>
>> Any help would be very much appreciated.
>
>--
>
>Dave Peterson
>ec35720@msn.com
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Thread Pool, CWinThread Class and GetQueuedCompletionStatus
I am struggling to convert an ISAPI Extension to thread pooling. Specifically where do I listen (GetQueuedCompletionStatus) for Completion IO Requests? In a nutshell this is what I have, with the CSession constructor unsuccessfully listening (GetQueuedCompletionStatus) for requests: /* ISAPI EXTENSION */ BOOL CExtThreadPoolExtension::GetExtensionVersion() { . . m_hIoPort = CreateIoCompletionPort((HANDLE)INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, NULL, 0, 0); for(long n = 0; n < m_nThreadCount; n++) { CWinThread* pWinThread = (CSession*)AfxBeginThread( ...

Accessing member variables in main class from a socket object
Hi, I have a main class that creates an instance of another class which happens to be an asynchronous CAsyncSocket object. Various events trigger member functions of thissocket class to be called like send() and receive(); My main class has lots of public data members. I want to access some of these members from the CAsyncSocket class and am a little confused as to the best way to so this apart from making these data members global to the project which I do not want to do. Thanks for your help. Yasoo wrote: >Ooops, if you need a class prototype, it's > >class mainclass; I...

Error accessing static class member
I'm trying to access a static member of a class, and I get links errors. Follows a sample app which causes the error: // // configmgr.h // #pragma once class CConfigMgr { public: CConfigMgr(void); virtual ~CConfigMgr(void); static int s_iFileNum; public: static int GetFileNum(void); }; //int CConfigMgr::s_iFileNum = 21; // // configmgr.cpp // #include "StdAfx.h" #include "ConfigMgr.h" CConfigMgr::CConfigMgr(void){} CConfigMgr::~CConfigMgr(void){} int CConfigMgr::GetFileNum(void) { return s_iFileNum; } // // Ex04.cpp // include "stdafx.h&...

Createmailbox error C1032227 "Object is of the wrong class"
Attempting to create an Exchange 2003 mailbox using ASP, with domain admin account, I've got this error message : "The object is of the wrong class error id=3Dc1032227 Microsoft CDO for Exchange Management -2147024809" Technical environment: Exchange 2003 v6.5.7226.0 Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP1 IIS 6 Native 2003 Active Directory environment This is my code: Set objuser =3D GetObject("LDAP://xx.yy.com/CN=3Dusername,CN=3DUsers,DC=3Dxx,DC=3Dyy,DC=3Dc= om") Set objMailbox =3D objUser 'IMailboxStore interface objMailbox.CreateMailbox "LDAP://CN=3DBanq...

cant register online
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel the office setup assistant asked to online register this product and redirect me to this page: <https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/wizard.aspx?wizid=ff78c414-115d-442c-bb7c-afc5d71dc0fe> BUT, i cannot get access to this page. (LOADING LOADING and LOADING, if i use macbook) (windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons: this site may be experiencing a problem, the site may not be a member of Windows Live ID, if i use a pc) what's the problem actually? "yreffoeg@officeformac.com" wrote: >...

Unable to register office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have office 2008, and when I try to register, I reach the mactopia site, and then there is just a green ball circling. How do I register? Is there a way to contact a human to do it? On 9/23/09 2:03 PM, in article 59b7d2db.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "NicolaMacartney@officeformac.com" <NicolaMacartney@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have office 2008, and when I try to register, I reach the mactopia site, and > then there is just a green ball circling. > How do I register? > Is there a way...

Regsvr32 fails trying to register CDO.DLL
I am trying to load Blackberry Professional Server on an XP client attached to my SBS2003, as I am sick of the BPS breaking every time I have a problem with my SBS server. I copied the CDO.DLL from the Exchange Server folder to the Windows\System32 folder on the XP client and tried running regsvr32 cdo.ddl. I get an error LoadLibrary("CD).dll") failed - The specified module could not be found. Do any of you wizards know how to resolve this? Please help. Nice group of experts in here. "jdc" wrote: > I am trying to load Blackberry Professional Se...

setup loan acct then bills & deposits don't register properly
Money 2004. How do I setup Loan Account type Morgtage so that 'Money enters this transaction in the account register from which you pay the loan and in the register for your loan account, if you have one', as Money 2004 help it will do but doesn't. I used Account Setup to setup Loan Account type Mortgage. My payment is setup as a split. I split into Housing: Mortgage Principal; Housing:Mortgage Interest; Insurance:Life; and Housing: Escrow Account. I make payment using my Bank Account. When I created the new account all payments automatically populated the Loan and Liabilit...

How to access Globle veriable from Class function
Hi To all i have one small proble. i need to access Globle veriable from Class function. Win32App // Include MFC Support File ClassAA//---------------------------- typedef Struct Sheet { }_Sheet; class ClassAA { CArray<_Sheet,_Sheet> SheetCol; GetCurrentVeriable(); } File ClassBB //------------------------------ //in File ClassBB Inlcude file ClassAA typedef Struct Verialble { _Sheet *CurSheet; int CurIndex; int CurColor; }CurVar; class ClassBB { ClassAA *varaa; CurVar *cVar; } // Now in Test.Cpp Which is Main winproc file i include ClassBB.h and above the Win...

Microsoft Point of Sale 2.0 trying to connect a second register
When trying to get the second register to see the main POS server it will let me see the other server, but when I try to connect it will not authenticate my admin user. On review I found that I cannot browse the other machine either. I have looked at everything I can think of and would appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks ...

Template collection classes
I have read in a book about CArray, CList and CMap. The book says that for example Carray class everytime we add an object, MAKES a copy of the object we need to store, so we need probably to implement a copy constructor. But it also says as it's true, that we quite always use Reference as Argument Type, to evitate COPIES...passing by reference,so address and not by value. I'm quite confusing...the copies is made or not in our CArray object? If the copy wasn't made we would have a CArray class object that would contain addresses or pointers, equals to CTypedPtrArray.... so for...

Timer Class
Experimenting with a timer class. The main loop looks like this. Private Sub TimerLoop() Do While Not m_bEnabled = False If GetTickCount - m_lTickCount >= m_lInterval Then RaiseEvent OnTimer m_lTickCount = GetTickCount ElseIf GetTickCount = 0 Then m_lTickCount = 0 ElseIf GetTickCount < m_lTickCount Then m_lTickCount = 0 End If DoEvents Sleep 1& Loop End Sub I added the Sleep because the original code pushed the CPU useage to over 50% for this sub running. I...

Scrollbars in ScrollView class.
Hi, I could not get horizontal scrollbar for my CScrollDrawView class, whose base class is CScrollView. I am doing simple drawing by reading data from data file. I only modify the OnDraw function after I open a new MFC project. Now there is no horizontal scroll bar at all. Here is the code I did for scrollbars. void CScrollDrawerView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { //drawing code (arc, polyline...) .......... // //document size //assume each file takes 100 pixels high CSize docSize(100, iNumOfFiles * 900); //page size CRect rect; GetClientRect(&rect); CSize pag...

WDF for Storage CLASS device
I've got an old WDM driver for a SCSI device. This 'SCSI Processor' device needs exact CDB structure (6-byte CDB) to work. And that all worked under the WDM driver. (a note under WDM storage class drivers says you have to use Storage Class to talk with other SCSI devices such as scanners, so that's what I did in the past) Now I want to write a WDF driver for this device. Can a WDF driver setup the SRB and CDB for such a device? How do I get access to the CDB that is built for each Irp from the Foundation? (it just seems like the WDF would make my driver a...

Database Classes for 64 bit
hi fatal error C1189: #error : DAO Database classes are not supported for Win64 platforms please tell me which classes are supported for DAO Database Manoj Jangid ...

Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output.
Im currently refactoring an MFC application to an MFC DLL. What reasons would stop regsvr32 registering the DLL? It gives the following hint "Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry." Which I can assure you I do have. My hunch is it is something to do with some global data that may be being created etc - which was fine in an exe but now not in a DLL ? Are there some definate do's/dont's when using a DLL vs an EXE ? Has anybody had this type of problem before? Im just having to eliminate lots of code to try and find the culprit? &qu...

OWN PERSONAL GoDaddy registered him, so what?
GoDaddy.com is the world's largest Registrar (has been for a long time & still is today, but things change in this world), so Kevin being parked at GoDaddy's is is not surprising Another competitor is Register.com but it's just not as good as GoDaddy when you STUDY the cost & performance in a LONG RUN. I myself have registered 12 domains - all thru Godaddy.com, Onlinefilefolder & photoalbums - all of which aare FREE with domain purchase, and domain costs less than GoDaddy's competition. So don't be surprising - Kevin made a right choice, despite...

Scrolling account register in Money 2006
When I am trying to scroll the account register entries using my mouse's scroll wheel, the list creeps and crawls and won't stop scrolling even when I've just moved the scroll wheel a tad. What I have also noticed is that it only exhibits this labored, slow behavior when the mouse pointer inside the transactions area. If you move the mouse pointer outside of the list of transactions, for example to the right margin of the screen, or above the list in the column headings or higher, and then use the scroll wheel, the list scrolls normally and swiftly. What's the deal?? ...

User in more than one user class?
Is it possible to add a user to more than one user class? We have a user who will temporarily need the accesses of another user class while retaining her current accesses. The only method I saw for adding the accesses is to do them individually for the user. Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps adding the user to the second user class temporarily or create a new user class with the accesses of the two classes in question? Thank you. For versions 9.0 and prior a user can only be in 1 security class at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "d...

Class Wizard/MFC in VS.Net
anybody know how to access the class wizard for an MFC app within VS.Net 02 or 03?? it doesn't seem to be right off the main menu anymore like it used to be in previous versions of VS. i did figure out how to bring it up for adding a new class but what if you want to do maintenance on an existing class?? SilentCry <Xswe@Xearthlink.net> bored us with: > anybody know how to access the class wizard for an MFC app within > VS.Net 02 or 03?? it doesn't seem to be right off the main menu > anymore like it used to be in previous versions of VS. i did figure > out how to ...

How to have Invoice Format be based on Customer Class ID?
Our company has two separate divisions which each invoice separately. We would like for each division to print its own invoice format. We will segregate customers by Class ID. Is there a way to have a given Customer Class ID default to a given Invoice Format? (Others have suggested VBA... can someone get us started on that code?) Thanks! Yes you could do this either using Dexterity or VBA. You would, of course, only be able to do this if printing single document because if you print a batch of invoices (by choosing a range of some sort) then it prints as one big report and so it woul...

Simple class derivation question
I've created a class derived from the standard CRegKey so as to add saving / loading of e.g. CSize objects. Problem : Ive created SetValue( CSize &Size, LPCTSTR szEntry ), which is fine, but unfortunately this means :- DWORD Fred = 42 ; SetValue( Fred, _T("Fred") ) does NOT call the base class's function but instead converts the DWORD to a CSize object and calls my new function instead! DOH ! I think I need to add something to the class constructor :- class CMyRegKey : public CRegKey { <somthing goes here ?> CRegKey ; <or is it something else here...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

How to kill a dialog box frm a class which has created by another
Hi , I am new to VC++ MFC programming. Can anybody help me? My application creates a pop-up dialog which has associated with the class called "CTakeBills". This basically displays a dialog box which has only Ok button and a disabled close button. There is a setTimer method in OnInitDialog() method of this class with a timeout of 250ms but there is no method called OnStopTimer or killTimer methods. I have another class called CCmdProcessor. My requirement is that i need to kill that dialog box programatically from this class(CCmdProcessor)which has been poped-up/created by anot...

GP 10 Security Access
We have users set up with both the Purchasing Agent and Purchasing Manager roles. However, when they generate a PO from SOP and try to print the Purchase Orders Generation Register, they get "Not privileged to run this report". They currently have access to the following reports: POP PO Gen Error Log, POP PO Gen Site Mapping List, POP PO Gen Suggested PO, and POP Print Purchasing Documents Exception Report. I cannot find the Generation Register report anywhere. What do they need access to? Never mind! I just found it under the Sales reports. "Elaine" wrote: &...