choice to colour text

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have a shared spreadsheet with quite a lot of users.
I need to categorise who is using the spreadsheet so that
text that they add comes up in a different colour. Is
there anyway to do this?
I realise they could just change the text colour
themselves, but it would be simpler in the long run if
when they tried to input text they were faced with a
question, and the answer changed the text colour
automatically.

Any help is much appreciated!

Nick
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,
Maybe a user has to log in to the worksheet. eg when the
sheet opens,  an input box asks for username. The answer
is checked against a predefined database of users and
colors. The fontcolor is then set for that user.

Regards
Mark

0
anonymous (74722)

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

combine text & date formula to show mmmm dd, yyyy?
How do I combine text and date formula to show the written date and not the Excel number date? I have text in a couple of cells and a date formula in another cell(input from a different worksheet). I have the formula =A3 & F3 & A4 in A1 and would like it to read: We went to the station on December 21, 2009 and took the train. However, it is reading We went to the station on 40168 and took the train. Thanks. Try something like this... A1 = Today is B1 = 12/21/2009 =A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") Returns: Today is December 21, 2009 ...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Funny characters in text
Hi I use the following code to insert lines of address text into an excel sheet. Dim MyXL As Object Set MyXL = GetObject("C:\My Spreadsheet.xls") MyXL.WorkSheets("Sheet1").Range("C7").Value = Me.Client & vbCrLf & Me.[Client Address] The problem is that on a client's pc the address shows funny boxes in spreadsheet between address lines, I presume these are CRLF characters. However on my PC I don't see them. Even when they send me a spreadsheet which I can see by remotely login in has boxes, does not show boxes at my end. What is the probl...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

numbers as text #2
How do you do this, and why does excel fight it so hard? Our payroll provider sends us our payroll data in an excel spreadsheet. Project numbers that have been charged to come back in the spreadsheet with an apostrophe (') leading the number, forcing it to be recognized as text. Up to a point. If I edit a project number that was entered wrong, even though I keep the apostrophe before the number, excel now treats the cell value differently. In the body of the spreadsheet it now looks like a number, with no apostrophe, while the edit box at the top of the spreadsheet still shows th...

DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS
Hi, In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . . However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface is automatically selected? Thanks Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click Create new style. Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub Right-click the text box, click format text box, C...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

csv not importing numbers stored as text
I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The contents are like this: 1101,1102,1103... When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What can I do to make the csv read it as 1101,1102,1103...? On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:44:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column in an excel spreadsheet that is formatted as text. The >contents are like this: > >1101,1102,1103... > >When I save as a csv file it then does a calculation on the numbers. What >can I do to make t...

Extend text to next cell
I am trying to get my text to run over to the next cell only in display not actual value of that cell. So if A1 says, "How now brown cow.", it should show over cells A2 and A3. However, I also need the carriage returns to be picked up. If I use the "Wrap Text" property it only shows the sentence in that cell. If I don't use it I get the [] (brackets) in place of the carriage return. Maybe you could merge those cells (A1:A3 or did you really mean A1:C1?) But be aware that merging cells causes trouble with sorting, pasting, and lots of other stuff. Format|cells|al...

Can I split a cell diagonally, with text in each triangle ?
I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell diagnolly, colour each section and be able to type text in each triangle. Is this possible and if so how ? Many thanks Helen No it is not possible! (Now that I have said that someone will probably come in with a method) Youi could, however, make two triangles with different fills, and put text in them or make the fills partially tranparent and put text in the cells under them "Helen T" wrote: > I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell > diagnolly, colour each ...

Visio 2003: 2-D arrows and text orientation
I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:35:34 -0400, "Mister Scary" <daniel_newhouse@earthlink.net> wrote: >I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape >relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? with the shape selected, on the toolbar, select the small down arrow next to the Text Tool and select the Text Block Tool, the text area on the line will now not only be highlighted by green blocks but ...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Adding variables to a static text control (displaying contents of array)
Hello, I was wondering if the following was possible ? I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an array which contains about 5 items. I would like the text control to display the contents of this array and then have a button which would move to next position into the array and thus the static text control would display something different ? How could achieve this? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 and I'm quite new to MFC Many Thanks. >I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an >array which contains about 5 items. I would lik...

Need RULE to search for Text in Body with varying # of spaces
Hi there, I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: "With specific words in the body" However the "Specific words" I'm looking for might contain varying number of spaces: EX: "some text: some more text" "some text: some more text" Is there a wildcard or something to match multiple spaces? --Thanks very much, Kenneth Kenneth Parker <kenneth.parker@sas.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: > "With specific words in the body" > > However...

Justifying text of an axis
How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, mdicke <mdicke@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? You can't, it's fixed by the axis. The best you can do is select a monospaced font and use a custom number format with ???? (question marks). -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Sumproduct
I am using Sumproduct with three variables (Person, Product and Month). I am using data validation lists for the end user to select the person, product and month. I would like to be able to add a "Total" to the person list so that when the end user chooses "Total" and a product and month that the Sumproduct would only use the two other criteria (Product and Month) and be able to see the totals of those criteria for all Persons. I know I could nest IF THEN statements with the Sumproduct, but is there a better way??? Appreciate the help! No, an IF/THEN m...

Excel converts text to formulas %@#$
I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their "auto" stuff leads to nothing but problems. Here is an example: I have to process data which come as CSV files and contain entries that look like multiplication e.g "3*4". Damn Excel can't handle these. Every chance it gets, it turns them into "=3*4" and displays "12". Any one knows how to kill this behaviour? Please share the knowledge. Henryk Birecki Henryk Birecki wrote... >I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their >"auto&q...

Change Track Changes Colour
Hi Is it possible to change the colour that Excel 2003 Track Changes appears in? It's currently showing up as navy which is difficult to identify against black. Thanks ...