check numbers in a list

good day excelers,i have 7 columns d:j and 557 rows of seven digit part
numbers.what i have to do is check new part numbers against the existing
list,(unfortunately they are not in numerical order) and to highlite them if
possible.i can put the new part number in columns k2:q2.is there a method to
do this.any info will be greatly appreciated. thx wynb
--
wynb
0

1. Select D1:J557.
2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting.
3. Select "Formula Is" under Condition 1 and put:
    =COUNTIF($K$2:$Q$2,D1)
4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
2/14/2005 7:33:59 PM
hi jason,that worked like a charm.thank you. wynb

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> 1. Select D1:J557.
> 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting.
> 3. Select "Formula Is" under Condition 1 and put:
>     =COUNTIF($K$2:$Q$2,D1)
> 4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
WYN (45)
2/14/2005 7:47:01 PM
hi jason, would it be possible to refine the formula to choose only the exact
new part number against the list.the formual that you gave me shows each
individual number in all the part numbers.ie if i put # 7 as a new part #
every #7 shows is highlited. it would make it easier to locate.ttx wynb

"WYN" wrote:

> good day excelers,i have 7 columns d:j and 557 rows of seven digit part
> numbers.what i have to do is check new part numbers against the existing
> list,(unfortunately they are not in numerical order) and to highlite them if
> possible.i can put the new part number in columns k2:q2.is there a method to
> do this.any info will be greatly appreciated. thx wynb
> --
> wynb
0
WYN (45)

Adding floating point numbers
hi the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1 so if u add it 10 times the result is diffrent then 1.0: double value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result<1.0 BUT: result=value*10; //result==1.0 WHY??? another example: float value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result==1.0 WHY??? can anyone explain it? thx On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:18:05 -0700, rsobies <rsobies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1...

Hide "All Disabled Accounts" from Exchange address list. #2
I'm trying to remove ex-employees names from the global address list in Exchange. The ex-employees accounts are disabled and many have been selected to "Hide from Exchange address list," but there are still a bunch of disabled accounts with active names in the global address list. Is there some action or query I can run to select "Hide from exchange address list" on all disabled accounts? Doing this one by one would be a total pain. Thanks Hi you can do this by using vbscript together with some LDAP filter but you could also use a tool (ADModify for example) that hel...

Getting rid of "fax" numbers when sending e-mail
I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my "Contacts" folder as my address book. Whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook always asks me to choose which address I want for the contact, and it brings up both the e-mail address and the fax number. So I have to go through an extra step almost every time of choosing which I want. Is there any way to stop it from bringing up the "Fax" number? See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Lee Daum wrote: > I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my > "Contacts" folder as my add...

check class inherits from 2 interfaces
Hi Guys, I would be grateful if you could give me a hint. I am writing a plugin based program. i have 2 interfaces (abstract classes) IPlugin and IPluginMenu, all plugins inherit from IPlugin but plugins that need menu need to inherit from IPluginMenu and implement OnMenu which is pure virtual. Now in my SDK I have a function called SetPluginMenu and there as a parameter I want to pass a instance of class that inherits from IPluginMenu, but the problem is that I also need to make sure that caller also inherits from IPlugin, so that someone inheriting only from IPluginMenu won't b...

Add GL Distribution code to Check Stub in Payables Management
I have a customer that uses the Check Stub Top and Bottom for Payables Management and they would like to add the GL code for the transaction to the bottom stub only. We cannot seem to be able to link a table to the check stub top and bottom that has the GL code from the transactions. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -- Tammy Chavez Mekorma MICR has this capability. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Tammy Chavez" wrote: > I have a customer that uses the Check Stub Top and Bottom for Payables > Management and they would like to add the GL code for the transaction to the > bo...

phone numbers
Hello: You know how you cannot integrate employees into Employee Maintenance in Integration Manager if the employee's phone number has parentheses and dashes in it? Well, I found a great TechKnowledge article that walks you through how to replace the parentheses and dashes and successfully integrate. But, if you have one employee in your integration file that does not have a phone number, then Integration Manager throws out the employee record altogether and says "Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'". So, I tried the code below. I added some lines to the TechKnowledg...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

Input from remote 10-key and laptop numbers very slow
The last few days I've experience a delay when inputting numbers into Excel 2000 worksheets. When I type in the numbers, they slowly enter themselves, one at a time pausing between each number. This is occurring both with the remote 10-key for the laptop and the number keys on the laptop. This is occuring in all files, no matter how big or small. I wouldn't say I have any overly complicated workbooks, mostly basic functions. I have had much bigger and more complicated before without a problem. When using the 10-key or the number keys anywhere else, Word, internet, e...

invoices previously paid still showing on payables check stub
Hello: A client is using the payables check with two stubs on bottom per the TechKnowledge article number 864284. Although the checkbox in Payables Setup for Print Previously Paid Documents on Remittance is unchecked, the client says that previously paid documents are still showing on the check stub. We have, also, run reconcile and check links but to no effect. What should be done in order to get these previously paid invoices off of the check stub? Thanks! childofthe1980s I suspect that these invoices were paid by manual payments. Techknowledge 863798 "Manual payments sho...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Distribution List Troubleshooting
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. HELP!!!!! ...

inventory check helpers blessed
This is an example inventory sheet: A | B | C D 1 Code | Serial N. | Description | False/true 2 XYZ2 | 6835HF | MY RASOR | 3 XYW1 | 79632F | MY SOAP | 4 YSW2 | H8850 | MY UNDERW | 10 CHECK ITEM | * * WHICH FORMULA I HAVE TO USE IF I INPUT A VALUE ON CELL C10 (EXACTELY EQUAL TO ONE OF THOSE CONTAINED ON COLUMN B) AND HAVE AS RESULT THE CHANGE OF VALUE (I.E. F or T; 1 or 2) IN COLUMN D ONLY IN THE ROW IN WHICH THE VALUE IS CONTAINED ? ...

White List
How do I create a white list (do not filter) including people who are not in my global lists? Even the smallest list in Outlook 2000 doesn't fit on the exchange server if I try to set it to Stop Processing in the Rules Wizard. Even if it only happened after it went through the server it would be better than nothing. You can whitelist by defining a rule, like: Apply this rule after a message arrives sender is in <contacts> Address Book and on this machine only stop processing more rules <duplicate of above rule for each contact-type folder> Apply...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

FW: Check out corrective update for Microsoft Windows
--sliujiore Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthgctxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthgctxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs" --nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

Check value range, then return spesific number?
Hi. I want to implement a function in my spreadsheet, that gives me this: When I enter a number into a cell, another number shows in another cell, based upon the number first entered. A bit more spesific: The idea is to calculate the number of instructors needed for a week end seminar. 1 participant requires 1 instructor. Same for 2 participants, and 3. 4, 5 and 6 participants requires 2 instructors. 7, 8 and 9 participants requires 3 instructors. And so on. For every 3 participant, we apply 1 instructor. So, i.e. if I enter the number 5, i want the number 2 in the cell below. I trie...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

Create chart from List Box
How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing the user to click on a month and pull up that particular chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the list box as a hyperlink or can I have the chart create itself? TIA, Brenda Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site that may help you: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Brenda wrote: > How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing > the user to click on a month and pull up that particular > chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the > list b...

Check Book Formula
I'm a real green horn when it comes to excel, I've searched the data base and am pretty baffled by some of the questions...Wow....anyways, I feel kind of silly asking as this is probably very simple. I just don't know how i would go about setting up a check book style spreadsheet. The last three colums would be Income, Expense, Balance. I understand how to add or subtract, what I don't know is how to I tell the spreadsheet to SUBTRACT the expense to get the Balance or and ADD the income to get the balance in each row. Do I have to type a formula in each row to do ...

how to change numbers into words,
In excel how to change numberical data into english words, many times currency figures are required to be stated into english words as well so what is the formula for this problem, for example for US$ 5400 : $ Five thousand four hundred is the conversion into words. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mukesh Dhoot" <Mukesh Dhoot @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59710A8-2377-4CF5-98B0-229933A3DE33@microsoft.com... > In excel how to change numberical data into e...

I have a column of numbers, some negative, some positive
I have some calulations in my worksheet. They are done twice, if my number is positive or negative. I need to fill the cell next to my number with the calulation that correspondes with the + or - of my number. if A1 + if A1 - A1 B1 C1 D1 -10 7 12 A2 B2 C2 D2 14 4 6 I need the 12 to appear in B1. and the 4 to appear in B2. Thanks In B1 enter =IF(A1<0,D1,C1) Copy down. Gord Dibben M...

Enable Combo box based on value in check box and list box....
I am working in Excel 2003 As a part of my worksheet titled "Worksheet" I am trying to enable Combo boxes based on the value of a check box and the value in a list box. There will be a total of 6 combo boxes on the Worksheet. The first combo box that deals with the body of a book will by default enabled. The second combo box will be set to appear disabled unless a forms control check box is checked to indicate there will be a cover on the book. The 3rd through 6th combo box will each be disabled by default and will be enabled when the list box which indicates the additional sect...