Check Box that Locks all cells on it's column

Does anyone know how I could create a checkbox that when checked, would lock
all cells on that column permanently.  Probably some simple macro that keeps
eluding me.

Put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar in row 1 of each of the columns you want.

Then assign this same macro to each of those checkboxes.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim myCBX As CheckBox

    Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller)
    If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then
        ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="hi"
        myCBX.TopLeftCell.EntireColumn.Locked = True
        ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="hi"
    End If

End Sub

Be aware that worksheet protection is very weak.  It can be broke very simply.

--

Dave Peterson
0

update column

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Customer check data

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...