Charts in Sheet

How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data
series to incorporate new data within a chart..

save changes
then, exit the chart,.....

the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet??

Why is this so?  Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart???

Larry
0
FLKULCHAR (37)

Modify data on a hidden sheet?
Some of my sheets have been marked as "xlVeryHidden". These sheets contain data that I do not want users to be able to modify. If a user knows the codename or tab name of any of these hidden sheets, could they actually be able to modify data on that sheet in any way?? Can they enter a formula onto a visible sheet that references a hidden sheet to change the data?? thank you! Formulas on a visible sheet cannot alter anything on another sheet or anywhere for that matter. Formulas return values to the cell in which they are written. Back to first question.........

daily csv file needed into automatic web charts?
Here is the situation... we have daily txt files (comma seperated values) with data consistin of measures We need these daily files to be put into a chart you can view from webpage automatically. Is there any way possible to do this without someone manually dail creating them? email me at dcibrando@yahoo.com this is extremely important and all help would be greatly appreciated! tks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements...

How do I justify/align tick mark labels on a horizontal bar chart?
I'm doing a bar graph of survey question responses; the questions are long so they word-wrap, but they seem to be "center" aligned so the formatting looks bad. Can I left or right-justify them? Yet another property of axis labels that Excel will not trust us with. Some people would hide the default axis labels (double click the axis, find the appropriate "None" on the Patterns tab) and replace them with textboxes. Easiest way to add a textbox that's linked to a cell? Select the chart, type an equals sign, then click on the cell. Now format and position it. ...

Sheet name changing dilemma
So I have a workbook with 9 sheets of data and 9 more sheets of charts and graphs that feed off of that data. The nine sheets of data rotate each week. Week 1 of data rolls off and a new week 9 of data rolls on. I'm working on do this via a macro. Here's the problem: the two options I know of are to copy and paste all of the data from each sheet to next sheet (i.e. copy week 2 data and paste on week 1 sheet, copy week 3 and pasted on week 2, etc.) OR I could have the macro just rename the sheets. For obvious reasons that would be the preferred method. However, it screws...

Multiple Bar Chart Formats
How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts that make the summary)? For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4 categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on one chart. I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your question. Set up your data ...

Charting Dow vs. Portfolio with dates
Given three columns - the date, say 30 to 90 days, the Dow Average over the same time, and a portfolio value, how can they appear in a sensible fashion? The Dows is about 10,000 and the portfolio is over 1,000,000, and the dates are 7/1/04 etc. I get two very distinct lines for the first two and gibberish for the dates. How to Handle? Please comment. If you have a heading in the date column, delete it Select a cell in the table, and click the Chart Wizard button Create a line chart from the data Right-click on the portfolio line Choose Format Selected Series On the Axis tab, select Secon...

Chart repeats data when printed pls help !
I have a spreadsheet that consists of a long list of data on the left with a simple x-y scatter chart on the right - both list and chart are longer than one page, and therefore must be printed across several pages. When I print the spreadsheet, the chart on each page prints the first two rows of data from the beginning of the chart, so for example if the data runs from 1-100, the first page chart printout shows 1-20, the second page shows 1-2 then 13-20, the third page shows 1-2 then 23-30. Could it be something to do with excel printing out the x axis on each page, given that the x axis is ...

Excel
I'd like to be able to represent a limit level across a series of results either using one gridine or any other suggestions. The way I am doing it at the moment means that the limit columns are blocking the view of lower levels of data, values higher than the limit are obvious but ones lesser than are restricted from view. Any help please. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ju1eshart" <ju1eshart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Chart Help!
Using Excel 2003 I have the following data: Date: Units: Sat 79 Sun 31 Mon 49 Tue 58 Wed 83 Thu 63 Fri 48 Draw Date: Outdates: Thu 1 Fri 0 Sat 2 Sun 10 Mon 38 Tue 3 Wed 15 I want to create a clustered column chart for the above data. I want bars for the first group of data and bars for the second group of data. Then I want the day next to each individual unit. How should I set up the raw data to achieve the goal I want? ...

comparing and compiling between sheets
Hello everyone, I have two copies of the same spread sheet. The original and a edited version. The edited version has one of each row that was used on our project. The problem is that whoever edited it removed columns as well. I would like to make a copy of the original and compare that to the edited one by the use of one common column. Then, delete any line that does not have a matching entry in the edited sheet. So for example, in column A (titled part number) of the master I have 100, 101, 102, 103,104 In the edited column A I have the values 100, 102, 103. Is there a way to co...

balance sheet #2
I have a need for a simple balance sheet like the one in Excel 2007. The problem with that one it allows such a small number of entries. Does anyone know where I can find one like that or is there a way to add to that one? Most Templates are editable so's you can just extend the usable area by simply inserting more rows and/or columns and copying the existing formulas to the new rows and columns. Have you tried that? The sheet could be protected but generally there is no password to unprotect. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:05:01 -0800, sw <sw@discussions.mi...

chart display order
I use a spreadsheet that shows the 'percentage of completion' for about 50 items, each on a different row, with 5 columns of data (other 4 colums being other related info). I want to put a bar chart next to it to the 5th column (the percentage column) which show a graphical illustration of that percentage. When I insert the chart I get everything I want except it always shows the date 'in reverse' from top to bottom, eg: the 100% data at the top of the spread sheet is shown down on the bottom of the graph adjacent to the 0% data. I have tried everything. Reversing the plot...

half way though chart, lines between data points missing
I add data to the chart on a daily basis. All of the sudden it posts the data points, but the connecting line is missing. All OK since 1/1 until 3 days ago. Have you accidentally changed the formatting for the axis? Caminoel;652762 Wrote: > I add data to the chart on a daily basis. All of the sudden it posts the data points, but the connecting line is missing. All OK since 1/1 until 3 days ago. -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I get a pop up that says "Some charts cannot be combined."
I'm trying to insert a chart. I click on charts and graphs and pick a chart. Any one that I pick a pop up comes up and says: "Some charts types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." How do I fix this? It does not matter which one I click on in a new document. None will work??? Thank you! ...

Secondary Axis on Line Chart
Hi Guys, I posted this a week ago, but it seems to have vanished from the board! Is it possible to plot two data sets on the same line graph with different scales? i.e. Have a secondary axis, like in Excel? I have one dataset fluctuating around 2.0 over time and another dataset fluctuating around 50 over time. If I plot both of these in the same graph, I lose the subtle changes in the first dataset. I can sort of bodge it by writing a query with an expression to multiply the first dataset by 25, but then I can't get the "real" values to show on the axis. I find the graph funct...

Hot key cheat sheet
Please share hot key cheat sheets if you have them. I only have a few hot keys that I use...I'm a newbie! Ctrl+' ---- copies data/formula from cell above Alt+F11 ---- goes into programming mode Alt+Enter ---- enters a breakline in a cell ....and since I mail merge into Word, I use F11 to jump to all the merge cells in the document. It allows me to check if the data was copied into the document correctly without having to look at everything else. If there's not a nice document already out there, I'll summarize all the ones that get posted here and put it into a PDF doc to ...

Chart, series delete event over context menue
Hi, I want catch the delete event from a series. Is this possible over subclassing or another solution ??? Thank you. b.regards, dryman ...

Auto saving sheets from a workbook as separate files.
Hi I need some help with some VBA code. My workbook has 50 sheets. Numbered 1 - 50. I'd like to have a macro save each sheet as a separate file to a path and in a format specified by response to a popup. Can someone assist with this? Grateful for any help. Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:UweOtKA9wz7LFw$O@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi > > I need some help with some VBA code. > > M...

e-mailing an excel sheet
How do I send a spreadsheet via e-mail without all the formulas and formatting showing? What do you consider as a "spreadsheet"? A workbook and its worksheets or just a single worksheet? Whatever the case, make a copy and clear formats and paste special>values. E-mail that copy. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:29:02 -0700, 1bellavita2 <1bellavita2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I send a spreadsheet via e-mail without all the formulas and >formatting showing? On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:29:02 -0700, 1bellavita2 <1bellavita2@discussion...

I need to merge multiple names onto one sheet.
I need to mail merge names and other items onto 8-up sheets of cards. When I do this using normal mail merge, I get the same name on all 8 cards per sheet. The cards are already set up in Publisher 2003. Are you only looking at the print preview? If so, print out a test page and you will indeed see that multiple names are printing. This is an known and long UNADDRESSED bug in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "roy" <roy@discussions.microsoft...

Forgotten Password to Unprotect Workbook/sheet
Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if the original password is forgotten??? Visit JE McGimpsey's site: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Brandon wrote: > > Is there a way to unprotect a workbook and/or worksheet in Excel 2002/2003 if > the original password is forgotten??? -- Dave Peterson See John McGimpsey's site for info and methods. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html But you must promise us you are not doing this for nefarious reasons. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:07:03 -0800, &...

Maximum charts or data series in workbook
I have a spreadsheet that I want to have 50 sheets with data and 18 different charts referring to the data on each individual sheet. The charts on each sheet refer to a total of 21 different data series from its own sheet. I have tried to make the workbook by using a template sheet and copying the sheet, and renaming it. Strangely enough, when I get to copying the 12th new sheet, I get the information message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook", and won't let me make any more copies of sheets. This makes sense since 12*21=252 ...the 13th sheet makes ...

how do I print a chart 1 to 1 scale?
I need to take an excel plot and print it 1:1 scale. I'm creating templates with the data plotted on the chart. The X axis is the larger scale, and varies by application. I can get the value for the maximum "X", and use that to set the plot, and I'm comfortable using VBA, but can't seem to find a connection between the area I'm trying to plot, and a way to scale the plot so that after printing my x-axis prints true to life. Any Ideas? ...

Show growth in the bar chart
Hi, I would like to create a bar chart from the following data: First period: 71 Second period: 110 Growth from first period to second period: 110-71 = 39 - Assume that the growth of 39 is attributed to the two drivers. - The first driver contributes 20 and the second contributes 19. The chart would look like: 71 110 39 20 19 +----+ +----+ +-----+ | | | | | | | | | | +------+ +-----+ | | | | ...

chart range determined by cell values
I want to plot a semilog chart (x-axis is linear, y-axis is logarithmic0. Iwould like to set the rangeto be set by the data in the spreadshhet cells, i.e. the x-axis data could be years from 1995 to 2005 on one occasion and 1997 to 2007 on another. Can this be done? Thanks, RickF [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Rick Flaherty. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] By hand, double-click the x-axis, then in the resulting dialog box, the Scale tab. Adjust the min. and max. values as desired. To link these values to worksh...