Charts #6

I has many charts that use the same spreadsheet for information.  How can I
add lines in my spreadsheet and have the charts automatically update?
(currently I go into source data and change the cell number for each one)

Thanks!
0
KIMW (2)

Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Copying data from one chart to another

1 Chart

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Too many different cell formats #6

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

AutoFilter #6
Thanks for the help. I am using Excel XP. I have a list of items that come from an Oracle Database. They are vehicle numbers that begin with a 0. (028,034,039,056, etc) I have an autofilter and want to filter out numbers >= 028 and <= 039. I always get an empty set returned to me. I assume this is because these are text items rather than numbers. Is there a way to accomplish this filter with text? Hmmm, not really sure if this is what you mean but have you tried puting a ' infront of the number, it denotes it as text. (It is under the " key) >-----Original Messag...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Cannot Edit Charts in PPT2007
Problem: I cannot edit Charts after they are created and save. When I click on the Edit for the chart, task manager indicates the EXCEL.EXE task is launched, but the worksheet does not appear. When creating a new presentation and a new chart, everything works the way it should. After saving the presentation, Its broken? This must be some sort of Registry setting, I've re-installed Office 2007 Standard, run Diagnostics, all to no avail. The Same saved presentation works properly on another PCs Powerpoint 2007 in the same office. Have you installed SP2 for Office 2007? -- ...

Charting with IF Statement
Hello, I have the following IF statement: =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,"",F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) In charting this data, the "" is charted as a 0 instead of a blank. I want it to be a blank. Is there a way around this? Thanks, Bill The #N/A error is ignored by charts. =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,#N/A,F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Bill" <bill@bpiconsulting.com> wrote in message news:ipbFe.9062$oZ.1106@newsrea...

Advanced Security #6
I am setting up security access for new users using Advanced Security. I am using the by Menu view as my primary navigation tool. However, there are a number of objects within the by Menu view that I am not allowed to change. They appear with a "?" next to the description. Some of them I can locate by navigating through the by Dictionary view. However, there are several that I cannot locate (example: Tools --> Utilities --> Project --> Service Utilities --> Create Routine Master). Is there a guide that crossreferences objects between the menu and dictionary ...

chart auto
Hello, i am studying statistics and i have something to do but i don't know. i want to make a work book which i entry a value every month, i want every month the bar chart which i have created to auto add the value of the new month. how can i set the properties in the bar chart like, every month of every year to have the same color (auto)? Thank you for your time ...

scaling charts
I have data in a chart that ranges from a lower end of 1-200 and numbers that resume at 140,000 and continue on to 700,000. I would like to be able to show them so that the lower end numbers are still visible but show that the middle section (500 - 50,000) have been cropped from the image. Is this possible, or do I need to make separate charts and treat them as images in order to achieve this effect? Take a look at Jon Peltier's tips about a Broken Y Axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#Broken "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How to make a waterfall chart
I have to create a Waterfall chart (not to be confused with a cascade chart) like the one shown at http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-waterfall-chart.htm. This is just a one-time deal, and I don't feel like buying the add-in. I would rather learn how to do it myself. Does anybody know how? Thanks! Lucas Bravo Hi Lucas have a look at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Falls http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Fall2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lucas Bravo wrote: > I have ...