Chart of frequences of values

Hello,

How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequenc
table? (see attachement)

Thanks a lot

|Filename: graph.JPG
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3691

balcovj
balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2623
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39577

Give us a brief description of the data - cannot open attachment.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"balcovja" <balcovja.1tt42c_1124111115.3048@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:balcovja.1tt42c_1124111115.3048@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello,
>

> How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequence
> table? (see attachement)
>
> Thanks a lot.

> |Filename: graph.JPG                                                |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3691     |

> balcovja
> balcovja's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26239
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395775

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/15/2005 1:15:47 PM
balcovja wrote:
> Hello,
>

> How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequence
> table? (see attachement)
>
> Thanks a lot.

> |Filename: graph.JPG                                                |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3691     |

--------------------

Go into Excel's help and ask about the function HISTOGRAM()

Bill
0
wylie836 (251)
8/15/2005 1:34:05 PM
balcovja  -

> How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequence
> table? (see attachement) <

Your attachment is not available, and if it was I would not open it.

If you already have a frequency distribution (values or ranges-of-values in
a column on the left with associated frequency counts in a column on the
right), use Excel's Chart Wizard to create a Column chart type.

Instead, if you have raw data, use Excel's Histogram tool (see Help for
instructions), or use my free "Better Histogram" add-in available at
www.treeplan.com.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

how to get rid of "Negative or zero values on log plot"
Hi, guys, Do you know how to get rid of those "Negative or zero values cannot b plotted correctly on log charts" messages without changing the data an keeping log scale?? I work with a lot of numbers and can't affor removing zeros. Thanks! Ale -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com in a separate column enter the formula=if(targetcell<=0,"",targetcell). then graph the cata in the new column. By entering a null space, the graph ingores the cell. "alex22 >" <<alex22.16gox8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:alex22.16go...

Add a new cell value to the old one?
Hi I want to add the new cell value to the old? example If the value is 10 in A3 and the sum realted cell A5=10. Then cell A get a new value, 13, then the cell value in A5 should be 23 and so on. It is possible to do that direct in excel or vba? Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rune, With VBA you can Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(2, 0).Value = .Offset(2, 0).Value + ...

Excel 07
Having difficulties creating a line chart using daily balances, but I would like the x-axis to show the month-end date. My start date is 12/31/2007 and my end date is 6/30/2008. I have daily information that I would like plotted, however only the month-end date (1/31/2008, 2/28/2008, etc) to show. I have experimented with the axis options (day, month, year), however it seems to default to the 1st day of the month. If using every 30 days, it also becomes off. Please help. I'm using an existing chart from Excel 03, and it will not convert properly...I've also tried creat...

charts #32
i just need to make a simple chart of a x,y plot showing where the trendline goes through the x and y axis on a certain slope. My older version of excel did this but i can't seem to figure out how to use it on my new 2007 version. After making the XY chart: 1) right click on a marker in the chart and select "add trendline' for the popup menu OR 2) click chart to give Chart Tools tab on Ribbon, open the Layout tab, look for the Analysis group and use the Trendline tool best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Want to Hide columns in spreadsheet but NOT hide data in chart.
Is there a way to do this? Maybe unbound/unlink the data source so the chart does not change when i change the spreadsheet? Hi, You need to disable the Plot visible cells only. xl2003 - Select chart then Tools > Options > Chart > Plot visible cells only. xl2007 - select chart then Chart Tools > Design > Select Data > Hidden and Empty cells > Plot visible cells only Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "KrispyData" <KrispyData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7161FB5D-30E2-4851-833C-27C049527461...

How can I make a cell a certain color dependent on number value?
I am wondering if it is possible to come up with a formula that colors cells dependent on the numerical value. (ie If a=30 color will be blue, if a=40 color will be red, etc.) Thanks Hi Sue, You can do this with conditional formatting under format. Pat "Sue" wrote: > I am wondering if it is possible to come up with a formula that colors cells > dependent on the numerical value. (ie If a=30 color will be blue, if a=40 > color will be red, etc.) > > Thanks ...

Automatic Chart Update?
Is there a way to automatically update a chart when a data point is added without redrawing the chart? Went to Tool/Options/ Calculate tab and the automatic update feature is checked. I'm running Win XP Pro with Office Pro. Thanks Mike One way is to define a named range that is self adjusting and use that as your series. insert>name>define>name it someting>in the refers to box type =offset($a$1,0,0,counta($A:$A),6) Look at HELP index for OFFSET and adjust in your series, type in (modify to suit) =myworkbook.xls!myseries -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com ...

Stacked area and area chart combo
Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 series that need to be stacked and one that needs to be just area. If I change the one, it changes all. Hi, Move the series that is not to be stacked on to the secondary axis. Double click series and check secondary on the axis tab. You may have to play with the scale values in order to stop the single area masking the stacked areas. Unless of course that is what you want to do. Cheers Andy scott.r.schumacher@boeing.com wrote: > Is it possible to create a stacked area and area combo chart. I have 2 > series th...

Can a stock chart be combined with an line chart?
I would like to overlay a line chart on a stock chart. Is there a way to do this? Stock Chart with Added Series http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "karenjoy511" <karenjoy511@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B04E49C-BDE9-4570-90C0-99178E2EA4EE@microsoft.com... >I would like to overlay a line chart on a stock chart. Is there a way to >do > this? Thank you for the link. I got stuck on the step where you select the ...

Chart of Accounts
We currently have out DataWarehouse pulling data directy from GP. The datawarehouse is used for adhoc reporting. Every time we create a new account, we have to update both GP, Frx rollups and the datawarehouse. Any thoughts on how we can get this automated and centralized? I would think a SQL trigger could be used to update the data warehouse. As for FRx, I don't think there's an easy way to add it as a new row. If you could use masking in the row and it would make sense for it to be part of another row, then you could get away with not touching FRx. <eljestero@yahoo.com> w...

Is it possible to ignore missing values in a chart?
Hi, I'm trying to graph from a simple table, putting the year in the x-axes, and plot a line according to the other columns. However I'd like to ignore the missing values in the table (indicated by "n"). By default, the missing values are being treated as zero. 1992 217 260 43 1994 214 260 46 1998 215 263 48 2000 213 n n 2002 219 264 45 2003 218 263 45 Is this possible at all? Thanks for your help. Leo Hi if you replace the missing values with =NA() the chart will ignore these entries -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, G...

Secondary Y axis and more with Pivot charts...
Hi, Is it possible to use secondary axis in a pivot chart? I want to use secondary axis to create some milestones in my chart (something changed in week x, for example) I created a pivot table based on data with a weeknumber. Now there are weeks with no data that are not displayed. Is it possible to display weeknumbers on X-axis without any data? In my chart numbering is like: wk 52, 2,3,4,5,6,8 and it should be wk 52,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Thanks in advance, Stefan You can plot any of the series in a pivot chart on the secondary axis, by double clicking on the series and choosing Seconda...

transfering values onto a grid
This problem has two parts that are very similar. First Part: I have data in the cells listed below: A16=1 O16=.5 P16=2 A17=2 O17=.7 P17=3 A18=3 O18=.3 P18=1 A19=4 O19=.9 P19=4 A20=5 O20=.2 P20=3 A21=6 O21=.3 P21=1 etc I want the number from the first column listed above to be put in the intersecting cells of the next two columns where the 2nd column is on the Y axis (1.0 - .1) and the 3rd column is on the X axis (1 - 10). See example: C210= 1.0 C211 = .9 4 C212= .8 C213= .7 2 C214= .6 C215= .5...

how can i getting chart's sourcedate range
I can create a chart by set it's sourcedata like excelchart.SetSourceData(excelrange);//delphi programme language but how can i get sourcedata range from a existed chart just return like "Sheet2!$B$2:$E$12" Thanks ! There is no easy way to do this. It is possible that different series have different numbers of points, and different starting rows or columns, or even different sheets. You can determine the source of each series' data, and perhaps do a union of these ranges. John Walkenbach has developed a class module to extract this information from a series. I...

Charts: How can I get a date axis to include hours and minutes
Hi I am creating a chart monitoring (my dog's) breathing rate over time. I cannot check the rate at the same time each day so data entries are at different times of day. I have the date column in my spreadsheet in the format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm When I go to make a simple line chart, if the horizontal axis is in date format, it only resolve the day part of the information, and so all my data for each day appears in the one horizontal place. I can set the axis as text type, and I can then see each data point ok - but it does not reflect the time element of my data. Please can you advi...

excel chart options titles tab should allow copy paste in fields
Can't copy and paste in the fields in excel/chart options/titles/fields (ie Chart title etc). Should be allowed to do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=55741dd3-67ee-454f-ba47-c70...

Assigning Values to Contact UserProperties
I am running Outlook2003. I added several "new" variables (UserProperties) when creating a revised form for Contacts viewing (NCDF). The MessageClass for contacts displayed with the new form (and user variables) is IPM.Contact.NCDF I ran a (one time)VBA procedure to change the message class of relevant contacts to IPM.Contact.NCDF Everything seems to work fine except when I try to assign values to UserProperties under VBA control. There are no problems with existing contacts or new contacts created manually. Forms works fine, UserProperties values are what they...

XL chart sheets Custom size for PPT
Hi folks, I have an app that uses XL chart sheets rather than charts on a worksheet. I prefer that, but am not married to that. But kinda like the approach of using chart sheets from experience over the years. Here's the issue: I have say the x and y axis and data value fonts set to 12 points Verdana. I use VBA code to copy the data sheet and the chart sheet to a new workbook and copy the color palette from the original workbook. I then save the file as somepath\filetokill.xls and then switch via code to PPT and use insert object to insert that chart and datasheet into PPT make sure it is...

Chart User Template Error Bars Reference
When I create a user template as a type of chart it ends up that the reference for the error bar carries over. So whatever graph the template is copied from (say graph/chart 1) those are the error bars saved in the template. So if I use the template to create a new graph I end up with the values for error bars in graph 1. It would be nice if the reference held and not the values, since the set up is the same for all the graphs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

getting rid of zero values in a column
i have a set of data on a column that i`ll use to plot on a graph and find a trendline for its behaviour...problem is: there is zero values in some cells that were not calculated... i want to copy this data in a new column getting rid of cells with zero value because it results in a wrong trendline...how can i do this?please help this is an example of what i mean: 1 1 3 3 4 4 0 6 6 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 One of the simpler ways is to hide the rows for the cells that have zeros and then plot the graph. "kafoury123" wrote: > i have a set of data on a ...

incremenT CountIF Value #3
Sorry alex you are right it does work - didn't quite get it the firs time! Thanks very muc -- infojma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- infojmac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27313 ...

#value appears when file sent to another user
I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external workbooks. When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value error, however when I open the file I don't get this error. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it? Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Each recipient will have to make this change. simmerdown wrote: > > I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file wi...

Error generating a list of unique values in range (XL2003)
Hi all- I am using the code below to generate a list of unique values from a large worksheet; those unique values will then feed an autofilter so I can grab each chunk of data for processing individually. p=58751 'last row that contains data Sheet2.Range("B1:B" & p).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Sheet1.Range("D1"), Unique:=True I've used similar code (different ranges) to generate unique lists in other projects. However, in this case I'm getting a 1004 error: "The extract range has a missing or illegal field na...

How do I set up four sepatate charts, on a single page, in Excel?
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to be able to print our timecards for the month on one page. Each timecard fills an entire page. Is there a way to fit all four timecards onto a single-page (one in each corner of the page)? You can inbed many charts on a regular sheet. Try clicking on the chart to copy -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Duryead" <Duryead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CED7E492-1BA6-4B0E-82EC-6B5AC12639AF@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2002. I would like to be able to print our timecards for > th...

Populating a Cell based on a Range of Values (Part II)
Sorry, but my I'm still not sure how to make my formula evaluate a full range of values. For example, the cell I need to populate will have values based on what is calculated in another cell as follows: If value in cell A1 is 1.0 and > 0 in new cell .900 - .999 1 in new cell .800 - .899 2 in new cell all the way down to <.100 which should put a 10 in the new cell. Thanks again for all the help! It is definitely a learning experience for me. Ken -- akkrug Part of the formula is working: =IF(AND(A1>=0.8,A1<=0.899),...