Chart does not Auto-update anymore .Why?

I have a file that once I entered a value in an input cell the v-look up
grabs the data related to the input an displays that information.  The chart
previously updated to reflect the new data once I hit return but does not
update without first saving the file.   Is this a memory issue or something
jacked up in file/graph properties ?

0
Sandwich (1)

Maybe check out Tools -> Options -> Calculations?
I'd guess it's something with the auto-update area of excel.

--
UofMoo
UofMoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26485

Tools | Options | Calculation

Is is set to Automatic?

HTH

0
dnoel (171)

Stacked bar charts side by side
I want to create a chart with stacked bar charts, by week. One stacked bar chart for open risks and issues and the other for closed risks and issues. I also want to plot a line graph for outstanding items (which I think I can do). Does anyone know how I achieve this result. Your suggestions would be gratefully received. -- Many thanks Adrian. Hi, See http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Pichincha" <Pichincha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB4...

Modifying a Chart Object Name #2
Im making a MACRO to alter montly many different files with the same paddern. In these files there are many sheets with a few Charts. Those charts are two for INCOME and two for PROFIT in each sheet. My problem is that the name of the Charts in the macro appear with the number that Excel applyed to it and i would like to make standar names for each Chart. This way there would be only 4 chart names for each sheet, instead of 16 diferent chart names for the 4 sheets in the file im working. This is how the part of the macro looks: - ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Gr�fico 8").Activate- ....

auto color blank cells ,best solution
i would like to automatically color all blank cells unfilled which can vary on each sheet at close of workbook,any suggestions .The total number of blank cells will be no more than 100 -- BD3 -- BD3 Maybe you're looking for something like this. It works for cells A1:J4 on Sheet 1, but you can change that as required: For rwIndex = 1 To 4 For colIndex = 1 To 10 With Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(rwIndex, colIndex) If .Value = "" Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(rwIndex, colIndex).Select With Selection...

Update 11.3.8 for Office and Entourage
Hi everyone I've noticed a couple of posts about problems encountered with the latest office update 11.3.8 for Mac with regard to word, excel, powerpoint and entourage not opening or crashing, in my case the icon just bounced and stopped. There are several suggestions from MVP's on here about what to do but thought I'd tell you what I did which has seemed to work (so far anyway) and got rid of those framework library errors. As the update was for Word I re-installed Word from my original disk. I then checked for updates (Help/check for updates menu) and performed update 11.3.5, ...

Re: need help with an Outlook update
Because when trying to update Office, it is telling me that I need this update. This might be why I am unable to block attachments. I've done all the customization on the server, but attachments are not being blocked, and I think it's because these updates are not applied. ~Alissa >-----Original Message----- >Why are you adding that update? It is for Outlook 2000, not Outlook 2002. > >-- >Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP >Author of > Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for > Administrators, Power Users, and Developers > http://www.outlookc...

Cannot sync anymore
I have a windows mobile device that was syncing just fine with OneNote 2007. Then, I installed Office 2010 and no more sync. I do not think my device (windows mobile 5) will be able to sync to OneNote 2010. So I uninstalled OneNote 2010 and reinstalled OneNote 2007. That worked fine. However I still cannot sync. I get the cryptic message, "attention required". So far I have done: reinstall OneNote 2007 delete partnership and re-establish it several times. delete and reinstall WMDC on host computer remove all data from OneNote directories and cache and delete cach...

Help with Workbook name change on update
Can anyone help me with this. I am not exactly sure what Dave Peterson means. Q: Is the activeworkbook the same as the workbook that was opened? A: Yes, but when the Workbook is opened it has one file name, but as soon as you update it and save it the name changes. Then when you try and re-update it the new name is not found, so I get the run Time Error. Not exactly sure what you mean: If yes, then declare the bk variable in a General module and make it public. Public bk as workbook (Remove the dim statement in the open procedure.) Then use the bk variable to saveas b...

manipulating textbox in chart
Hi, I want to manipulate the text of a textbox (created with drawing) on a chart. How to do this in VB. How to refer to the textbox? Is it possible at all? I tried to create a textbox control on the chart. This works fine and I also can access it by VB but since the chart is linked to a word-file, the textbox control is not visible in word. Any idea? Thanx, Peter ...

Contour Chart
Is there a way to find the percentage of the areas of each shaded area of a contour chart. I have a chart that is simply 3 colors. Green, red and blue (Normal, Hot, Cold). The chart is generated by 30 data inputs. A Surface/Contour chart is generated by excel. I have a VBA app where I need to determe the percentage co cold, hot and normal temperatures. Can you suggest a way to do this? Thanks ...

Auto Pooling Time for Project Accounting
Is there a way to setup (or a utility available to accomplish) to do the following on billilng for time? This is a GP 8 question. 1) On billing to invoice, a lump sum amount of time, average rate, markup, etc.. is entered for the invoicing. 2) Based on lump sum hours on work type (ie sys implemnenation hours), have GP go back to detailed time records in sub-ledger chronilogically to change status of billable records from 'waiting to be billed to invoice' as 'billed to invoice'? 3) Ability to update sub-ledgers for prior invoices issued on lump sum before fix was pu...

ACH balance incorrect after YE update
This is my second request for help-I didn't receive any response previously. Since applying the 2008 YE update for version 9 our payroll direct deposit ACH file has incorrect balance if it includes more than one batch. It includes each employee amount, but will only include one bank transfer amount. For example, we have 2 batches to include, one has a total of $1000 and the second has a total of $2000, it will include the $3000 of employee transactions, but only the $1000 bank transaction. We have to create an ach file for each batch. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you. Trace...

Excel Charts X Axis values as dd/mm/yy hh:mm
I have a table with readings taken at irregular intervals. I want the data points to be plotted along a continuous axis but when I try to do this all the data appears against the date only and the time is ignored. I have tried setting the x axis as time series but this doesn't work. I can't change the units to anything but days. Can anyone suggest a solution. TIA PeterS Peters: You are using a Line chart. Line charts do not let you plot less than 1 day intervals. I use XY (Scatter) plots for data with hours:minutes. I suggest you change your chart type to XY then set your X Axis ...

Overlapping Time Chart?
Is there a way to graph a chart by date (x axis) that shows stacked bars for overlapping time? Ideally, I would have the columns like below: Date ShoppingStart TimeShopping StoreAsStart TimeInStoreA StoreBStart TimeInStoreB 1/1/08 7:00AM 5 hrs 8:32AM 45 min 10:00AM 1.5 hrs Then you would see a bar for that date, with 1 big bar for the day, with 2 colors inside that bar representing the time in shop a and the time in shop b. The y axis would be hours from say 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Does...

Company is being updated by another client
I installed Project Accounting and then I ran Utilities to upgrade the companies. This upgrade got interrupted so now when I go back into Utilities to the "Upgrade these companies?" window, I cannot select any of my companies. They each have the lock icon beside them and it says "Company is being updated by another client". Help - what do I do now? Go into Customersource, navigate to the knowledge Base, and look at article 869136. -- Lyle U Elaine wrote: > I installed Project Accounting and then I ran Utilities to upgrade > the companies. This upgrade go...

Pivot charts in 2007 vs 200x
Hello to all, In older versions of Excel, you always had the page list in a pivot chart. Where have they gone to in Excel 2007. If they are no more available directly in the chart, is there a way to get around this anoyance? Thanks for your answers. Stephane "Steve" Halle Hi, This has been replace by the PivotChart Filter Pane which you can expose by selecting the pivot chart and choosing PivotChart Tools, Analyze, PivotChart Filter. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "billardquebec@gmail.com" wrote: > Hello to all, &g...

Problems creating a line chart or scatter graph
Hi, I have the following data, Newspaper - FT, Mirror, Sun Sector - Gambling, Healthcare, Retail Date range by month - Jan, Feb, March etc. I would like to show how many articles were written by each newspaper in each sector on a timeline but have no idea how to order my data in otder for this to happen. Anyone able to advise? -- Nat On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Natty <natwykes@hotmail.com> said: >I have the following data, > >Newspaper - FT, Mirror, Sun >Sector - Gambling, Healthcare, Retail >Date range by month - Jan, Feb, March etc. &...

Can't update quotes online
I have Money 2004 running with Windows XP. Everything had been working fine until January 14th. Starting then I have not been able to update the prices of my investments online. The error message says "Your last call encountered an error. Money was unable to connect to the online server. CHeck your Internet connection and try the operation again. My Internet connection is fine (I'm here aren't I??). I have searched the Knowledge base and have followed all the suggestions, nothing helped. This included testing the Internet connection to http://moneycentral.msn.com, disablin...

Net profit chart
Hi I need your help regarding a problem with Excel. I am trying to create a net cash flow chart, with the net cash as the vertical axis and time as the horizontal axis; I have the values in the table. The real problem now the chart wizard doesn’t create the chart as I want I have 2 values on week 6 for example one is negative the other is positive, I want it drawn as a single line that goes down with the negative value than up to the positive value. After that I want to calculate the areas both positive and negative so I can calculate the net profit. Thanks in advance Sherif P.S. Be...

column charts with multiple data sets
My data set is below. I want to show column charts: The first one would be Product A for August made up of data for versions 1-4, column two would be Product A for September made up of data for versions 1-4. The third column would be Product B for August made up of data for versions 1-4, column four would be Product B for September made up of data for versions 1-4. Product Version August September A 1 30,812 365,874 A 2 59,650,018 56,404,138 A 3 29,931,636 28,053,084 A 4 71,972 62,352 B 1 7,094,967 11,718,925 B 2 9,588,255 ...

Look at this corrective update from the Microsoft Corp.
--uhgdrasftxxbsui Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lpuerflvzyqhu"; type="multipart/alternative" --lpuerflvzyqhu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uyxxluxoeit" --uyxxluxoeit Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2005, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulne...

Auto Reading Inbox
Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of giving me a list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista Home. Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA! TIA, Joe View | Layout. Uncheck the Reading Pane. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:599D9E2B-8EC0-4C93-AA5D-BAF4D817B0BF@microsoft.com... > Today my WLM started automatically opening...

Displaying symbols in charts with tables
I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table displayed with the dhart in Excel 2003. The problem is that I have some symbols in the table (e.g., <1%), which when charted are treated as text and simply show up as a zero in the data table. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting these symbols to appear correctly in the data table displayed with the chart. Thanks! -Aaron jageorge, Unfortunately, you have very little control over the data tables that appear as an option. You can get around this limitation by using worksheet cells as a data table. This exa...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

excel charts #2
Hi to all! I can I mix two charts so that I have one chart with the avarage of th two? (note that the two charts may not have the same number of elements e.g 2, 3, 5 and 33, 5, 65, 22, 1) Thank you! :) Fren -- fren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26325 Hi you have to claculate the average in your source data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frenz" <frenz.1d3jtb@excel...

Update
Microsoft is posting a new message (with the Subject as I used here) and basically they're defining a timeline for group removal and their server shutdown. In the groups where they are posting this message to, they are saying this: ----------- Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown? All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and October 1, 2010. Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach, starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more active ones throughout the course of the next six months. When w...