Chart Default Line colours

Is there a way to predefine what line colours you want to use for each new
chart that you create.

thanks in advance

Phil
0
PhilWales (15)

If you want to change it for all of your graphs
goto to the bottom row of colors and starting on the left,  select the block
and modify ti as you want.

"Phil Wales" wrote:

> Is there a way to predefine what line colours you want to use for each new
> chart that you create.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Phil
0
BJ (832)
6/13/2005 2:56:03 PM
Excellent - Thanks for that- my boss keeps telling me off for using standard
default pink as colours for graphs!

"bj" wrote:

> If you want to change it for all of your graphs
> goto to the bottom row of colors and starting on the left,  select the block
> and modify ti as you want.
>
> "Phil Wales" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to predefine what line colours you want to use for each new
> > chart that you create.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > Phil
0
PhilWales (15)

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Copying data from one chart to another

1 Chart

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Chart
Does anyone know if there are some "Add-Ins" for Excel that allow to use gauges that look like "Speedometers" (circular gauges)? Please refer to http://www.infommersion.com/demos/portlets/demoshell.html#demos for the kind of graph I'd like to include in a spreadsheet. Thanks, Tom Tom, see if this will work for you http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Exc...

Problem with charting Net income vs Year
Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Use an "XY (Scatter)" chart, instead of a "Line" chart. Jerry Hunter wrote: > Im having some problems with my Excel chart. It will not plot Net Income vs Year. It keeps trying to treat Year as a different data series. It will work if I use text i.e. a1990, a1991, etc. but it refuses to use 1990, 1991... Any Ideas??? Delete the co...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Sequentially number lines automatically

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...