Chart - Custom Stacked Bar with Line

Hi,

I've been looking at some techniques for custom charts written up by Jon
Peltier, but I'm still confused mainly from lack of experience.

Above is a four week stacked-column chart with the first series of data
invisible.  This makes the columns appear to float.  I know how to do this.

Assume the bottom of column 1 is $0.  What I'm charting is four weeks of
income broken down into weeks.  By stacking the data from the previous week
into the successive week, and then making that series invisible, I'm able to
give a total income for each week and also keep a visual running total with a
series of "steps".  It's nice.

My problem is that this income is set against goal.  So I want the chart to
answer "Are we making goal?"  Imagine a diagonal goal-line from column 1 to
column 4 that the bars may or may not rise above depending on income vs goal,
or an area fill in the same manner.

So how do I do it?  I feel I'm close, but I lack the terminology or
something to complete it.

- Eric

Help! Seems like our stores have been swapping their customer data
We upgraded our computers from XP to Vista OS systems - 2 stores two weeks apart. Now in the HQ the customer information is missing and swapped between the two stores. Could this be a VISTA issue - seems like some wires are crossed up. Back ups and register are exactly as before... Please help! diana Is this RMS or POS 2009? Contact me directly if you wish to correspond on this. mbcotton@princeton-pos.net "ZCSF" wrote: > We upgraded our computers from XP to Vista OS systems - 2 stores two weeks > apart. Now in the HQ the customer information is missing and...

Stacked chart #4
Hi. I'm hoping this can be done in Excel and that the fabulous discussion group can show me how... I need a "thermometer" type chart and think a Stacked chart might work. Basically, I need to set a goal and show how I'm meeting it. I'm trying to meet an ultimate goal of 57, so 60 could be the max. I've already completed 28. Each week I set a weekly goal, say for this week, a goal of 3 but only complete 2. I'd like the stacked chart to show 28 in one color, a line 3 above that and have only 2 of the 3 colored in. Next week, the goal may be 6 with 7 complet...

Updating Outlook 2002 is impossible for Office 2000 customers
It looks like Microsoft makes it impossible to update Outlook 2002 to the latest patch/update release. I am running Outlook 2002 on a Windows 2000 platform. Seeing how frequently Microsoft products need to be fixed and patch and band-aided, I decide to try checking for the latest release of Outlook 2002. I discovered that there are several patches/update releases but whenever I attempt to install one I am informed I need to have the Office XP SP 2 installed first. Well hold on!... I don't have Office XP! I have Office 2000! So trying to be an obedient slave I then go hunting f...

POS 2009 Receipt Extra Blank Line
We have a new POS 2009 install where the receipt has extra lines (or blank lines) at the top and bottom - using OPOS driver. No matter what setting we change it still has the same amount of extra lines. Anyone else run into this? ...

Is it possible to overlay one chart on top of another
I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? thanks, Curtis Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. -- David Biddulph "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BF8770-5678-4742-8CDC-B951C8A1E52E@microsoft.com... >I would like to overlay 2 charts with different y-axis and the same x-axis? > > thanks, > > Curtis Any more details?? thanks, cd "David Biddulph" wrote: > Select one of the series, Format Axis, select secondary axis. > -- > David Biddulph &g...

Please help me with this customer 2 stores 1 in Usa and other outside
My customer has 2 stores 1 in USA and other in latin america he sale the same products but in latin america he use differnt tax rate and differnt currency and also the cost is more expensive becouse freight and dutties also in latin america the pos must run in spanish, the old rms support spanish but new version 1.3 not. ...

lower and upper chart
How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the Bloomberg Charts. Upper chart with date, open, high, low and close. Lower chart with other indicator. Thanks Probably easiest to create 2 charts and align and format them to look like one. See Stacked Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/stacked_charts/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach "pb" wrote: > How can i create a worksheet with an upper and a lower chart? Like the > Bloomberg Chart...

Adding Data Information to a Chart
I have a stacked bar chart, with the stacks representing total hours o various groupings of personal. I would like to add data to the chart, but here is the problem. It i easy to add the data value, category name, and/or series name to th chart using the Format Data Series options. However, I need to add dat from another area on the data sheet, which are the numbers representin how many persons are currently in each grouping. Data example: HOURS NUMBERS Group A Group B Group C Group A Group B Group C Nov 1 1000 750 ...

layering logo can't remove white box only lines and text wanted
when trying to place my logo ontop of a background I can't get rid of white box it is in... Only want black lines and text in logo to show with back ground showing through all white areas. Tried following transparent setting info. ... didn't work. Is the logo a bitmap, i.e., .jpg, .tif, bmp, .gif? If it is a .wmf, ungroup it and delete the white box or select no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sschmitz" <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E6DA9E-117D-4226-9D0...

Scroll Bar has Gone away Post 2

Creating a Custom Border
I found how to make a custom border; however, publisher says my image is too complicated. I already have the border somewhere else, so I know it has been done. I can't use the border I already have though because when I stretch it the resolution is too low to use as full page border. I tried to change the format of the image to .bmp and .gif but that had no effect on being told that the image was too complicated. Any suggestions for either convincing publisher to use the image or to prevent the resolution on the already created border to look poor blown up? Or even a program that I ...

Combining fields into one line
I want to make a report off of a query. That query lists the name, id, and items bought (Product). For each item bought, there's a new line with the name and id and then the product purchased. I want to make a report that lists the name, id, and then products purchased on one line per individual name. Below is what I have and then what I'm trying to get. What I have: Name ID Product John Hascua 1234 computer John Hascua 1234 Phone John Hascua 1234 Monitor Jeff Green 1524 computer Jeff Green 1524 Memory Card The way I ...

Can outlook custom fields be migrated into CRM?
I've got a client who I have created a custom outlook contact form for, with several custom fields. I would like to migrate this client to MS CRM in the near future, and before I have them populate all these custom fields with data, I would like to know if those custom outlook form fields will be available when I migrate the contacts from Outlook (well exchange public folder actually) into CRM. I want to assure that the data that gets entered in those fields will not be all for naught when CRM rolls around. Thanks, Ryan The way to ensure that your fields are i ported into CRM is to: ...

Stacked Colums Chart
I have 2 graphs which are stacked colums charts. They represent million of policies per month. The x-axis and y-axis are the same on both graphs. I want to know if I can have instead of 2 graphs just one graph wit both combines. So for month 1 you would have 2 colums side by sid instead of 1. I attached a sheet with the graphs to make it easier. THANKS, appreciate it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com here is the attached fil Attachment filename: chart.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58508 -- Messag...

how do I make multiple pie charts at the same time?
I have multiple lines of data and I want to make multiple pie charts (over 50) at the same time by simply going down the row and creating a pie chart with each row. I can't figure out a macro on how to do it, and simply copying and pasting and then deleting a series resets all of my formatting preferences! A long time ago (nearly 5 years!) I posted this macro that makes a pie for each row in the data range. The data is in A:E, with the category labels in A1:E1 and the values in each row below that. The charts are overlapped ot the right of the data. Sub LotsaPies() ' Macro ...

Custom Functions Available for all Workbooks
I have created some customized functions no the PERSONAL.XLSB file but I cannot use them in any other workbook i use. I have plenty macros on this PERSONAL file and they all work well everywhere, but i dont see to find how to make the functions work in the same way. Is it possible to do this? Thank you. click on the Fx symbol to the left of the formula bar. In the pop up use the Category selector to choose User-defined. You'll find your functions there "Diego Miranda" wrote: > I have created some customized functions no the PERSONAL.XLSB file but I &g...

Excel 2003 chart sheet disappears in Excel 2007
An Excel 2003 file has spreed sheets and chart sheets visible when opened with Excel 2003, but some of the chart sheets are not present when the file is opened in my Excel 2007 -- however, some are present! I sent the file to someone else who has Excel 2007 and he is able to see all of the chart sheets on his Excel 2007. What settings should I be tweaking to see all of the chart sheets? ...

Outlook Icons appearing on Quick Launch Bar
The folder icons of Outlook Express have appeared on my Launch Bar in W98. If I delete these shortcuts they get deleted from within Outlook Express. How do I stop them re appearing in the quick launch bar? And get them to stay in the Outlook Express program where they belong! Thanks John John <john@johnpaula.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > The folder icons of Outlook Express have appeared on my > Launch Bar in W98. If I delete these shortcuts they get > deleted from within Outlook Express. > How do I stop them re appearing in the quick launch bar? > And get them to stay in the...

Custom Crystal Report Print Problems
We are experiencing 2 separate problems on the same (and only) custom CRM report when trying to print. 1. When I try to print the report, I get a pop-up asking me for the user id & password for the database. I created the report on the same machine that I am using. When I try to print the report when logged on as myself from another machine, I get the error below. 2. All users are able to open and view the report. When they try to print it, they get the following error:"Information is needed before the report can be processed". All users can export the report successfully. ...

Need help using objects and charts together
I have a line chart that tracks data for a 12 month period. So as not to mess up the chart, I added a drawn line and text box for information covering only the two most recent months. When I click in the sheet anywhere off the chart, you can see the line, but when I click on the chart anywhere the drawn objects disappear. I am copying the charts to a powerpoint presentation and the drawn objects also don't transfer to that. I have tried selecting the items and telling it to move forward or to the front, I have also tried telling the chart to move to the back. Neither of these o...

Custom Format #4
I am trying to do a custom format so that what is entered in the cell will automatically enter a dash. Example: T1-0504 All they will enter will be: T10504 What format do I need to enter. Thanks Hi this is not possible as you don't enter a value. But if the user enter 10504 (without a leading character) you could use the custom format "T"0-0000 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Denise wrote: > I am trying to do a custom format so that what is entered in the cell > will automatically enter a dash. > > Example: > T1-0504 > > All they will enter ...

Need Help with custom reciept code
I need to use "\t" (total pages) and "\p" (current page) to perform the following operation in a receipt template for RMS but cannot get it to work is it possible to cast the variables or something? <SET name="TotalPage" type="vbLong"> "\t" </SET> <SET name="CurrentPage" type="vbLong"> "\p" </SET> <IF><CONDITION> CurrentPage = (TotalPage / 3) * 2</CONDITION> <THEN> <!-- Perform desired task --> </THEN> <ELSE> <!-- P...

Chart Type to use? (XY Scatter points over time)
I have not used charts very often and am not sure how to capture the data mentioned below properly within a chart/graph. Currently I have a graph (XY scatter point), which plots 2 percentages (ability to plan vs ability to deliver) against each other. So the data points are plotted for about 17 series (E1, E2, etc for simplicity) which places them in the graph in the 4 possible quadrants in the graph. This is performed monthly. This works fine. The new requirement is to show trending of these intersected dots. So they want to see the trend of where these intersection points occur over ti...

Timeline chart in Access
Hi- Most people who want timelines use Microsoft Project. However, some people here find it difficult to use Project and they also don't think the timelines in Project come out looking "pretty". They want to use Access so that they can use the user-friendly forms to update and change data, and so they can manipulate the visual appeal of the report. If I have a listing of rigs and start dates/end dates of when they are online, is it possible to get a timeline graph like I would see in Project? We have switched to 2007, but have old versions of 2003 if needed. There is ...

number of columns in a customized Form
Hi, We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is this possible? has any one tried this out? any hint is highly appreciated. Regards not possible in the standard forms and not heard of any solution to increase the capability. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Max.f FirstCity" <max.f@first-city.com> wrote in message news:e%23oXeStbGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is > this possible? has any ...