characters automatically converted to arabic fonts

Hi All.
I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel
Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following format :
A5/69.
When i type it , the characters are to converted to some arabic-like fonts.
Is there any settings which i must adjust to prevent this.

 Thks in anticipation.

Masoud
0
masoud1 (1)

Enter a single apostrophe in front of the data
--
Gary's Student

"masoud" wrote:

> Hi All.
> I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel
> Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following format :
> A5/69.
> When i type it , the characters are to converted to some arabic-like fonts.
> Is there any settings which i must adjust to prevent this.
>
>  Thks in anticipation.
>
> Masoud
0
GarysStudent (1572)

Non standard characters
User's are pasting text from Word. The results are non standard character input. These have to be recognized. I can loop thru all cells. What am I checking for. What is a "hit"? AND Is there a format setup that prohibits non standard characters? One person's "non-standard" character could be another person's "that is just what I need" character. Can you describe what you consider non-standard characters to be or, if it is easier for you, what a standard character is to you? Since you are talking about text being pasted in, I gues...

COnvert from Home Publisher to Publisher 2003
Any way I can do this? Don Smith wrote: > Any way I can do this? ================================ If you open both programs you can copy/paste the content of the Home Publishing project into Publisher 2003. In Home Publishing, open your project and...go to... Edit / Select all...(Ctrl - A) Edit / Copy...(Ctrl - C) In Publisher...go to... Edit / Paste...(Ctrl - V) BTW...the layers (objects) will no longer be editable because the pasted copy is only an image. Multi-page projects will have to be copied one page at a time. === If you wish to share a Home Publishing .php file with some...

Automatic shorting
There is anyway that i can make the sorting automatic? ie. i have a table with ten rows and sorting on january on february i have some changes on figures.... there is anyway that after the change the table automatic shorted? Thanks a lot Manos ...

Convert OL 2003 PST file for use in OL2000
I need to use my Outlook 2003 pst on an older machine that has Outlook 2000. I am working to beat the clock, as this needs to be functional by morning. Any suggestions?? thanks in advance Rick Export your messages to an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file. For detailed instructions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...

Text converter
Hi to all I received a ppt file - so a 2003 version - from a correspondant in the Netherland. I am in France (may be - ? - the fact that the countries are different has smthg to do with the problem). I can't open it meither with a 2003 powerpoint nor with a 2007 powerpoint, and same negative result with a powerpoint viewer. The document itself was originally created by a 2003 powerpoint, then modified by a 2007 powerpoint, but saved in ppt (ie 2003 version). When I double click on the document, it cannot be opened (id when I select "open" inside of the software), an...

How to convert time to decimal
hi guys.. can you please tell me how to convert 56:36 (addition of daily times in column) to a decimal format which can be multiplied by hourly salary rate? Multiply by 24 =Hours*24*payrate format as general or currency Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frankie" wrote: > hi guys.. > can you please tell me how to convert 56:36 (addition of daily times in > column) to a decimal format which can be multiplied by hourly salary rate? ...

Convert 2 workbooks into 1 workbook
I have 2 workbooks. Workbook 1 has about 3600 rows of information. There is 5 column headings: part number, description, code, Yes/No option, and Country This is a list of parts for a certain customer last year. Workbook 2 has about 3700 rows, but heading are the same. This is a list of parts imported today. It has the same kind of info except newer (updated) info. The only manual change done on WB 1 was the Yes/No column. Yes basically means we make it here in the US. The fresh import all says No. It's a manual entry, not imported. WB 1 and 2 have duplicates. The reason I want the old...

Restart automatic table numbering in Annex
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use the automatic numbering of Tables and Figures when creating captions. This generally works ok (although I sometimes get numbering out of sequence when more than one figure on a page), but I've run into a problem. <br><br>I have multiple tables in the main part of the report that I want numbered in the normal way. I also have multiple tables in the annex to the report (which is part of the same document) and I would like the numbering of these tables to start from 1 again (perhaps A1, A2 e...

Prevent publication from automatically changing from Print to Web
When saving a publication originally created in Print mode, Publisher 2003 seems to automatically change it to Web mode if a hyperlink was accidentally included in the publication (for instance, when the hyperlink is part of the text pasted from another document). When this happens a significant amount of reformatting occurs and it is very annoying to have to manually reconstruct the original print format for a large newsletter. Is there a way to prevent Publisher from automatically converting a publication from Print mode to Web mode? If not, is there some technical way to identify t...

How can I add the values based the color of font and the date
Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to add the values of cells based on the color of font. And while doing this I also need it to do it based on the date in another cell. Example: Sheet 1 Qty Date Cell A1 288 (blue) Cell B1 4/13/2010 Cell A2 190 (red) Cell B2 4/13/2010 Cell A3 400 (blue) Cell B3 4/13/2010 " " 350 (red) " " 4/13/2010 " " 540 (blue) " " 4/12/2010 " " 1...

Entourage converts files to winmail.dat
>Most people these days seem to be blissfully unaware or even >uninterested in proper etiquette. Remember etiquette?? It still exists, >believe it or not. Girls, Girls, you're all pretty... The point is, that he probably DID search Google for "Entourage winmail.dat", as I did, which brought us both to this group. I'm hoping it's not bad etiquette to ask an honest question... In my case, I've got an interesting situation where I sent ONE email with an attachment from Outlook on an exchange server to two different external addresses. I then opene...

convert a publisher file?
I am trying to open a file. It will not open as it says it cannot open files from a different version. I need to be able to access it and edit it. Please help! Carolrocket wrote: > I am trying to open a file. It will not open as it says it cannot > open files from a different version. I need to be able to access it > and edit it. Please help! I was just wondering how many idiots I'd see here tonight and here you are, very first post! This is an FAQ, had you bothered to spend a nanosecond searching the group, you'd have found your answer (it would have taken you less ti...

convert mac quicken 2002 to money 2007
Is it possible to convert the mac version of quicken 2002 data file to money 2007? I've read about converting older money files by way of trial versions of money 2004 or 2005, so if this is a possibility I can do this as well. So is this possible? Thanks. I don't recall success ever having been reported here. Can the MQ02 generate QIF files? Is there any way to convert the MQ02 to, say, Q04? M07 can read certain (Q06 and earlier?) Q files, but I don't think this includes and MQ files. Maybe you and the guys from earlier today who want to go the other way should compare no...

CRichEditCtrl-Why input text has different font format?
Hi, I have used RichEditCtrl instead of EditCtrl in all dialogs (in case there are some advantages). Now I found one problem, when users input/change/paste some text in the ctrl, the font format is different from the existing text font. Why does the system design it in this way? Is there a cure? (There are already a lot of dialog and a lot of RichEditCtrl now.) Thank you a lot. -- Best regards, Kelvin By default RichEditCtrl sets the Font for you similarly it does on copy/paste action. In copy/paste action it copies the data along with the Font information due to which that font is applie...

Allow user to disable automatic hyperlink generation in Excel.
I would like the option of NOT having Excel or Word create a hyperlink when I enter an e-mail address. Having to manually disable each entry as I add to a list is a pain. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/d...

Automatic Start up of application
I'm going to write an embedded MFC app on either windows 2000 or XP box that requires to be started up automatically on boot up of the pc and does not show any of the windows desktop. The user should be unaware that the windoes desktop is there. Can anyone tell me how i can acheive this? Thanks in advance Macca You mean a Kiosk application? KS "Macca" <andymacinnes@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:40842f9d$0$15950$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > I'm going to write an embedded MFC app on either windows 2000 or XP box that > requires to be started up aut...

ASCII characters
Hi Team: How can I get the ASCII code of some character ? Thanks in advanced, German Medina +519-662-8500 If you're just looking for the binary version of a single byte character you can just cast it or assign it to an int. Tom "German" <German@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:797936EE-8539-4160-9C43-F63D8075E394@microsoft.com... > Hi Team: > > How can I get the ASCII code of some character ? > Thanks in advanced, > > German Medina > +519-662-8500 Hi Tom: For example ENTER is the ASCII code 13, á is 160, and so on. I wa...

font character spacing wonky in Publisher 2007?
I have a font which certain characters are too widely spaced in Publisher 2007. The font works fine in MS Word, and even in MS Pub Word Art, but in a regular text box, there's a big space between certain characters. The only way I've been able to make it work is to adjust character spacing with tracking manually. No fonts are embedded, I checked. It also worked fine in Publisher 2003, which I'm strongly considering going back to, since I have a number of existing documents using this font. (The font is "rhythms" which is a music font for use directly in documents. ...

Automatically send Files using Lotus Notes Email
Hi, Can you use Excel 2000 to automatically send files using Lotus Notes Email (version 5.05) Any help would be appreciated Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5963 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266068 ...

Not able to use all fonts :'(
Hi, I've tried this both on US english version and localized, with all combination on US english operating systems and localized, Windows XP and Windows 2003, but the result is the same. If I want to change a font of the text, I select the text, and in the font drop down I select the desired one (with correct preview). However, the text remains unchanged, the font in the drop down remains the last one, only the selected font is moved in front of the drop down list. I can solve it by using te WordArt for some headings, but this couldn't be done for most other things. I have ma...

how do i convert publisher documents
I have received a pub document but I don't have the software....any idea how I can view it or convert it? Getting a converted copy from the sender is not an option. rlmark wrote: > I have received a pub document but I don't have the > software....any idea how I can view it or convert it? > Getting a converted copy from the sender is not an option. ================================== Without Publisher....there's nothing you can do to open the file. If you e-mail the file to the following address... I'll be happy to convert it to a .pdf for you. pianopartsAThotmai...

Convert string to date
I need to copy one field in one table to another field in another table: rec2("Pat_BD") = rec("Birthday") The "Pat_BD" field is a Date field. The "Birthday" filed is a Text field with the following format YYYYMMDD. Any suggestions? Thanks. Ken Take a look at Access HELP on the CDate() function. You could use this in a query to try to 'coerce' your [Birthday] value into a date/time value. If that doesn't work, you could use the Left(), Mid() and Right() functions to parse out each component of the date, and use the DateSeria...

automatically categorize items in folders
Hi I currently sort my email into folders, ie work, home etc. Is there a way of automatically categorizing the items once they are in a folder. thanks tim as in? outlook does not offer such a way, except by rules, but there are 3rd party apps that may do what you want. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

Converting Publisher 98 file to pdf
Hi all, I hope you can help me... I'm very frustrated because I've been trying to convert a Publisher 98 (version 5.0 for Windows 95 - I'm on XP) file to pdf so that I can send it to be read on a computer that doesn't have Publisher installed - and, I have not been able to do it. In Publisher help they suggest doing certain things, but when I try, the menu they speak of isn't there, so I can't complete the action. I'm at my wit's end. I need instructions very simple as I'm new to all this. I did take my file to a printer, but they don't use PC...