Changing to new dates

Hi everyone
I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to 2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years
e.g 01/01/0
     02/01/03
this goes up to 31/12/0
and i want it to be changed to 2004 year
plz help me im going crazy!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Just put the first date in the first cell

assume it is A1, in A2 put

=A1+1

then just copy down the formula

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to
2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do
for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years.
> e.g 01/01/03
>      02/01/03
> this goes up to 31/12/03
> and i want it to be changed to 2004 year.
> plz help me im going crazy!!!

0
terre081 (3244)
2/8/2004 12:55:26 AM

Ali

One Way start from scratch and in a1 type 1/1/04.
in A2 type =A1+1. Copy this formula down to row 366. Then
next year you can just change the date in A1 and delete
the last entry.

Regards
Peter
Ali

Select the range then Edit>Replace

what: 2003
with: 2004

Assuming, of course, these are real dates and not text as 01/01/03

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:41:07 -0800, Ali <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to 2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years.
>e.g 01/01/03
>     02/01/03
>this goes up to 31/12/03
>and i want it to be changed to 2004 year.
>plz help me im going crazy!!!

0
Gord
2/8/2004 1:10:18 AM
You also have to insert a row and add 02/29/04 in that row

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> Ali
>
> Select the range then Edit>Replace
>
> what: 2003
> with: 2004
>
> Assuming, of course, these are real dates and not text as 01/01/03
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:41:07 -0800, Ali
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi everyone,
> >I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to
2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do
for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years.
> >e.g 01/01/03
> >     02/01/03
> >this goes up to 31/12/03
> >and i want it to be changed to 2004 year.
> >plz help me im going crazy!!!

0
terre081 (3244)
2/8/2004 1:20:21 AM
Thanks Peo.

Forgot about the leap year.

Gord

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:20:21 -0500, "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:

>You also have to insert a row and add 02/29/04 in that row

0
Gord

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Changing the Language on Office X
My other half uses a French version of Office X. I, however, speak French as well as I speak Martian. Is it possible to change the language? Thanks. Hi This is from Word's help when I searched on the word "language", but I'm not sure if this is what you meant: Check the spelling of all or part of a document in another language 1. If you haven't already done so, install the dictionary for the language you want to check. How? 2. Select the text that's written in another language. 3. On the Tools menu, click Language. 4. In the Mark selected text as box, click the...

Resource Calendar changed on fixed duration tasks
I have created a few fixed duration tasks with two or more resources. When I add a vacation day to one of the resources, Project 2007 is correctly extending the duration until the resource returns. My problem is that when I remove that vacation day ( employees do occasionally change vacation plans), the duration stays at the longer time period and does not go back to its original shorter duration. Is anyone else having this issue or is a flag somewhere controlling this apparent anomoly? Hello TNCAdams, I have certainly seen that before and I'm not sure I'd call it an ...

New Workbook Path
Thought I would make a comment ... Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! Of course the Path property is empty for a new workbook. What would it be? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "exceluserforeman" <exceluserforeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE28F767-7B5A-433F-9463-A5228572CCB1@microsoft.com... > Thought I would make a comment ... > > Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! > > > > Thank you for your...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

Cannot create new mailbox
I'm having an issue of not being able to create a new mailbox. I can go through the process of creating the user in AD Users & Computers and everything is successfull. I can even see the user in the GAL. But I cannot access the mailbox by opening it nor does it show up in system manager even after sending a message to the mailbox. I do have full permissions to the mailbox. It seems like it is not being created even though the recipient policy seems to be working because it does generate an address for the account. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Money is trying to change my Internet Explorer Security settings.
Every time I use MS Money Deluxe 2007 it tries to change my Internet Explorer Security settings. What is it trying to change specifically and how can I stop it permanently from doing that? -- Howard ...

don't change free quantity in extended price promotion
We are using Great Plains 8.0 and the problem we have is this: When using a promotion sheet in extended price, and the promotion is that you give for example one free item for every 6 you buy, you can change the quantity of the free item. That way anyone can change the amount of the item you are giving as a gift. There should be a restriction fro changing the quantity of the free item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

New check format
I modified a copy of current check report, and trying to use this new format when I print a check. However, GP system didn't pick up the new format. What should I do to make them recognize each other? Thank you so much, Sophie Sophie, If you modified an existing check layout, you want to make sure to give users access to the modified check via Advanced Security or Security, depending on what your company uses. If the reports.dic is local and more than one user needs to use the modified check, you'll need to make sure each local reports.dic gets the modified check. Hope thi...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

sbs 2003 change port 443
Hello, i have a sbs 2003 and a seperate webserver 2003 for a application. the seperate webserver uses the port 443 and now i want to use the sbs2003 also to sync mobile phones with OMA (that also uses port 443) what is the best thing to do? or just change the port for oma to another one? if yes wich one is a good one? or change the webapplication regards Marc I wouldn't change the Port on the SBS2003 if it was me Do you have More than 1 IP from your ISP if so then you could use the Extra IP to utilize the same port Number Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

Dates as text
using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so that the cell will read "Column Heading Date", but the date is showing as a number rather than a date. I want the cell to contain both txt (column heading), and a date. How do I format it to do so? assuming your date is in cell A1: ="heading text "&DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1) -- hope to help, cm "lightbulb" wrote: > using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so > that the ce...

date reference
hi all, can a single cell accomodate TWO different DATES, and yet refer to them in formulas? i tried having in A1 [from 07/04/01 to 10/15/03] and by using right(left(a1,13),8) to extract data starting from 07/04/01, and right(a1,8) also to refer to end of period selected at 10/15/03. always i get a zero anwser or error. thanks for any help Hi what is the exact value in cell A1 and what are your exact formulas? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "excelFan" <excelFan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3D423A44-6973-4A31-89B8-38321957...

How to change the text of a menu item dynamically?
Hi to all, I created a dialog-based project with Visual C++ 6.0 and added to the dialog a menu. This menu is the following: File Help Sound On About Exit Everything is working fine so far. What I want to do, is change the text of the menu item "Sound On" to "Sound Off" every time the user clicks on it. I am using the CCmdUI* pCmdUI of the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler to do it as follows: void CMyDlg::OnUpdateFileSound(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { TRACE("OnUpdate\n"); pCmdUI->SetText(m_bSound ? "Sound On" : "Sound Of...

Unable to change security in Excel 2007
I have a model in Excel 2003 with macros that I have converted to Excel 2007 *.xlsm. I have set the security to "enable all macros." However, when I load the file it still comes up with "macros disabled." When I follow the help instructions the Security Alert! window comes up with only one option and does not allow me to change it. Hi Aare See http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Aare" <Aare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A434D602-A708-414D-A20C-A429D8BFD4A4@micro...

Modified date
Please can anyone tell me how I can place in a cell on a sheet the date the workbook was last modified? Thanks Shane. Create a UDF '----------------------------------------------------------------- Function DocProps(prop As String) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Application.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell such as =DocProps ("last author") or =DocProps ("last sa...

Roll down pay rate changes
When I run an integration that updates employee pay rates - the pay codes that are set as based on the newly updated pay code do not get updated with the new pay rates. For example, Jim's Hourly pay code has a rate of $10.50 - and his Overtime pay code is set up as being based on his Hourly pay code, with a factor of 1.5, so his pay rate for Overtime is $15.75. When I run my integration that will update Jim's Hourly pay code to $11.00, his Overtime pay code remains based on his Hourly pay code, with a factor of 1.5, but the pay rate still reflects $15.75 for his Overtime pay code. C...

date/time stamp on user exit
I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA will go through a few different hands and will have different information entered into the database from each person. How do I get a log of when information is entered and by who? I am a beginner so a detailed explanation would be helpful. Thank you! On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:26:00 -0800, Kim <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a database that logs when a form (RPA) comes into our office. The RPA >will go through a few different hands and will have different information >entered into the...

Changing the type face
Is there any way to change the font of ALL the forms in a database without the need to edit each control individually? Thanks Tony Don't know how to do it database-wide, but you can change all the controls on a given form by going into Design View and goto Edit - Select All then change the font. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 Tony Williams wrote: >Is there any way to change the font of ALL the forms in a data...

How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000
How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000? By default it is in User's Profile outlook folder. How to locate it in other folderin MS Office 2000 Move the file when Outlook is closed. The next time you start Outlook it will ask you for the new location. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "MhaskarPrashant" <MhaskarPrashant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED9E25A-BA0D-4583-BEE2-507C9DF2D8AB@microsoft.com...

import dates to calender
I would like to import dates from a .csv file to a calender, preferably Publisher, how? ...