Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart

I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I
now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the
same chart.

How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform
them to bars?

Regards
Jan
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Jan,

Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu
select Chart type and pick bar.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

Gantt charts
i was wondering if you could possible send me a guide or some sort of document which will help me in designing a gantt chart using outlook. thanks Outlook has no Gantt chart capability. Perhaps you're thinking of = Microsoft Project?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ashley" <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Missing Label in Pie Chart
I have a pie chart that gets updated every week with the same category names but different values and percentages. I never had any problems until last week one of them disappeared and I can't find it at all. When I point to the appropriate wedge I can the popup that shows me what the numbers are, but the label that I would have on that wedge doesn't show up. I have looked under other wedges, played with the fonts and colors but to no avail. I am totally perplexed. Any ideas? You may have accidently deleted it. Try right clicking on the slice and using the format option ...

changing page numbers
I cannot find out how to change my page numbers in a Publisher document in 2002 version. It doesn't come up with Options. Anyone know? Go to menu Insert then Section -- ...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

Combining fields into one
Hi all, I'm busy with an assett database to record all IT eqioment. I now have the following problem.. I have aa field called "speed" in which I type the speen of the CPU ie "2.4GHz" I'm a bit too lazy to type it 120 times so I created a table for it and think I have gone too difficult for myself. I wound up creating teo tables, one for the speed (called speed with speedid and speed and clockid) and another called clock (with clockid and clock) In speed I would only type the number and then have a drop down that looks up if it is KHz, MHz or GHZ from the cl...

Line and Bar on same chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Any way to plot line data and bar data on the same chart? For example, chart showing fuel tank cumulative gallons plus showing = individual fills as bars, both vs. date Date Fill Cumulative Jan 100 100 Mar 250 350 Jun 175 525 Thx=20 Dave Office(Excel) 2003 I'll try this in HTML ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CA7360.B6F4C670 Content-Type: text/ht...

How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day at a time, for an entire month. After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data for the remaining days is not available. Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data is not available? Thanks. 1) use a dynamic chart - see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm or 2) rather than blanks f...

How do I change a shape but retain the text?
E.g., In cross functional flow diagram I want to replace a predifined process shape with text in it with another shape whilst retaining the text. you might check this out http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/ al "Parkbenchmutant" <Parkbenchmutant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68BC65ED-6801-495A-A7E8-3BAF4837AE7B@microsoft.com... > E.g., In cross functional flow diagram I want to replace a predifined > process > shape with text in it with another shape whilst retaining the text. Thanks Al, I was kind of hoping that Visio would have thi...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

How do I change the thickness of a bottom boarder in Excel 2002?
In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. try Sub bottomborder() ActiveCell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThick 'xlmedium or xlthin End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24E39F0-58BF-47AD-AE42-716CBA2C9C54@microsoft.com... > In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can > not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? ...

Need to change serial numbers
Accidently installed same serial on another networked machine. Only discovered this a couple weeks later. I believe there's an easier way to change the serial rather than deinstall and reinstall, but the solution is not obvious by any means. Any thoughts? TIA -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" In article <labolide-3A61D4.10003212022007@news.giganews.com>, Kurt <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote: > Accidently installed same serial on another networked machine. > Only discovered this a couple weeks later. > I believe there's an easier way to ...

changing font i word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel no matter what I do (normal.dot styles etc) to change the default font (to verdana or anything else) in word it's change back to times new roman. What should I do ?? ...

Account details "Changing themselves"
I am using Outlook 2000. My ISP has been reorganising (the notorious BT/Yahoo! merger) and Email has been very difficult: download hangs in first message, multiple passowrd requests, etc. Looking in Account > server information I see the incoming mail server had been changed (not by me) from mail.btinternet.com to localhost and my account name had had /mail.btinternet.com added to it. Changing back manually to the original settings APPEARS to fix things, at least mail download is now much more reliable. It is worthwhile/possible to make these settings read-only? Any ideas as to why t...

How to Copy Charts and Tables from Excel to Publisher
Hi, Everyone: I'm a new user of Publisher 2003, and I'm working on a 100-page or so document with text, photos, charts, and tables. I would appreciate advice about copying charts and tables from an Excel workbook and reducing file size. Please also recommend which is the correct file format to use when saving charts, tables, and photos as "pictures". My Excel workbook has numerous worksheets. (1) When I try to "copy and paste" a single Excel chart from one worksheet into Publisher, I get an "object" which shows ALL the worksheets if I double...

ploting properly spaced "day" chart
I have bunch of data that's associated with "number of days". i.e. day 5 it's 3%, day 21 is 15%, day 90 is 25%. I like to plot those in a line graph so I can see the change of percentage according to number of days that's progresses so far. If I just plot those 3 data points, I would simply get all 3 points equal space of each other, not reflecting the time difference in the number of days, i.e. 16 days between first 2 points, 69 days between next 2. How do I adjust the X axis to change this? Since you're plotting number of days (plain numbers, not dates), you...

Change + to -
Hi, If a result in a cell is for example 10, I want the result to be -10. If the result in a cell is -8, I want the result to be 8. How is this done? / Ulf Hi Ulf! You can use the following formula (value in cell A1) in an empty cell: =A1*-1 Then copy this cell and use Paste Special, Values, to remove the formula Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Ulf NIlsson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e1101c47f70$79751f00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > If a result in a cell is for example 10, > I want the result to be -10. > If the...

the rc editor changes some contents without my consent when .rc files saved
Hi, My colleagues and I are using VS 2005. After I make some minor changes to a .rc file (obtained from my colleagues) and save it, the compiler greatly changes the .rc in addition to my minor changes. For example, the following 2 lines IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU become IDD_DLG_MODELIST DIALOG 0, 0, 270, 149 STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU Or the following 2 lines become one line: COMBOBOX IDC_POSTDLG_COMBO_UNITS,165,5,49,49,CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | WS_VSCROLL | WS...

Format Chart Area
In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions for restoring this check box, short of reinstalling. -- Thank you Best Regards John -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "John Smith" wrote: > In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check > box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions > for restoring this c...

Change Case Status in Workflow Monitor
How can I set up Workflow monitor to change the status of a case when an email related to that case is sent in CRM? You will not able to do that throught workflow. you need to use callouts to do that. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 22, 3:31 pm, "rifleman98atm" <rifle...@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I set up Workflow monitor to change the status of a case when > an email related to that case is sent in CRM? ...

alternating colors as column values change w/ CF
how to alternating colors as column values change. the article below tells me how but I don't want to use any additional helper columns. any ideas? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm (search with "Color Grouping with alternating colors") I can use conditional formatting on A1:A10 such that if any number falls below 5 the cell goes blue while any cell with value baove 12 is red. All without helper columns. Tell us what you would wish to do. -- www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > how to alternating colors as column values cha...

Fixing the tickmarks in a line chart
Hi folks, I have some assay data for two groups, control and treated, over a number of days. First there is the pretreatment day, then there is day 0, day 1, and so on to day 10. I want to plot the control and treated data points against the days. I tried doing this as an x-y scatter plot, but it won't allow me to include an x point "pretreatment" since that's not a number. If I try a line graph, it lets me include "pretreatment" as a label, but the labels, data points and tick marks do not line up. I have fiddled with the tick mark options a great deal to no avail...

Where are the pivottable chart buttons?
In Excel 2003, If you made a graph of a pivot table you would have buttons inside the graph that would allow you to make certain selections or filters inside the graph. Where are these in Excel 2007? Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance! In Excel 2007 there's a PivotChart Filter Pane. It has dropdowns that you can use to filter the fields. Jelmer wrote: > In Excel 2003, If you made a graph of a pivot table you would have buttons > inside the graph that would allow you to make certain selections or filters > inside the graph. Where are these in Excel 2007? > > C...

Pivot Chart on Line Graph y-axis Doesn't Roundoff
Why does the y-axis not have numbers rounded off? On several databases, on several machines, the y-axis by default have too many decimal points, and have to click custom to get resonalbe numbers. thanks ...