changing the delimiter while saving as txt file

Dear Experts,

is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab
characters while saving the excel file to .txt file.

Thanks in advance
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear Experts,
>
> is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab
> characters while saving the excel file to .txt file.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/18/2004 1:41:09 PM
And some more links...

Maybe you can steal some code and create your own macro that does it:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/
Look for Text Write in the left hand frame.

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Earl's may be ready as-is.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

save a worksheet
Can i save just a single worksheet from a workbook, instead of the whole workbookas this happens when you clik save -- Caveman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Caveman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27546 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492572 Hi Caveman, Right-click the sheet tab Move or Copy Select (new book) in the first dropdown Check the 'Create a Copy' option box OK --- Regards, Norman "Caveman" <Caveman.1zw6va_1134332401.545@excelforu...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

Change the working directory for a MFC application
I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after the application execution begins. Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. Can anyone suggest how i can do this? Thanks, - Akila. Akila wrote: > I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after > the application execution begins. > > Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. > > Can anyone suggest how i can do this? > > Thanks, > - Akila. > SetCurrentDirectory does work for a MFC application. If it doesn't seem ...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Dump file corrupt
************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ Unable to read PsLoadedModuleList ************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 ...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Network File lock not detected
We have a workbook that about a dozen people get in and out of all day. I have a problem with one user's excel not always locking the file, or it could be a problem with other users not detecting the file is in use and displaying the in use message, do you want to open a read only or wait. Is there anything I can do in execel to fix that or is it a network issue. Running XP pro, office xp pro, and 2k server. From my experience, it is a network issue. They need to unlock the file because Excel cannot. Fixed it, Windows didn't have sp1 on it. For some reason it fixed the pr...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

How to update contacts in WLM via csv file?
I have nearly 2,000 email addresses in my contacts list. I managed to get WLM to list them, although I do notice some are missing. Now, I want to update them with new/revised contacts through a new cvs file, which I exported from OE. However, the contacts import program just hangs and doesn't take. Do I need to delete the existing list first? If so, how do I do that? I am using WLM v.2009 Build 14.0.8 on Windows 7 Are you logging in to Live services? It will say your profile name under the close X. -- Ron Sommer "Bumper21248" wrote in message news...

pst file might be corrupted
Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I tried to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway through the process and said that an error occured without specifying which error. Is there any other way to recover this pst file? Thks in advance. How big is the PST file? "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB884E0-7C9F-4064-936F-5065E257BB5B@microsoft.com... > Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I > tried > to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway ...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

Serious performance issues when changing roles
Just a heads-up: don't change roles during times of heavy user activity or you may have severe performance issues. When you change a role, the MSCRMSEcurityService evidently kicks off a massive job that updates the securitydescriptor field in every record of every major object. Last time I did this, it attempted to obtain a table lock, and as a result, brought my system to its knees. The process was trying to update 46000+ rows from the annotationbase table (you can see this by looking at the last SQL command for the process that is blocking other processes). Evidently bec...

Change Withdrawal/Deposit to Transfer
Hi folks. How do you change a transaction that's already been recorded from a Withdrawal or Deposit to a Transfer? Thanks. Dave I'm assuming you are using Transaction Forms. Most people who have used Money for a long time would advise just turning them off. You can also change the category to Transfer: or one of the Expense categories. There is also For a WD -> Transfer switch the Transfer seems Options|Change Transaction To. <bvdesk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175621813.359866.84060@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks. How do you change a transaction...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

How do I change the text size in a drop down box
I am using excel 2003. It seems to default to 10pts. Changing the size in the source list or the default in the general tab did not change the size. ...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

print mass Powerpoint certificates from Excel file
I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail merge? In article <BFBA41AC-26D1-4B30-8C54-425C2E8A50F0@microsoft.com>, Go to Girl wrote: > I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a > PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail > merge? Not out of the box, but we have a commercial PowerPoint add-in that does exactly this. You can try out a fully functional demo to see if it meets your needs. Mo...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

How to open saved .DBX files?
I saved a folder of e-mails to CD from Outlook Express shortly before my last computer died. I desperately need to open the folder (saved as a .dbx file) by tomorrow, to get my husband (in Portugal watching the footie) the details of his hotel!!I am now running Xp and have both outlook and outlook express(office 2003) I tried open with, but selecting OE takes you into the OE files rather than selecting it as a prog.If I try open with outlook, it just appears as a folder attachment in an e-mail Can anybody help me open this wretched thing??? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an...

Size mismatch between stm/edb files and mailboxes
I am puzzled! Am running out of diskspace on our exchange drive and badly need to reduce the size of the exchange database. The total size of the priv1.edb and stm files is approx 6Gb. If I add up the total size of all the mailboxes as shown in ESM it comes to approx 1.5 Gb. Running eseutil /ms and calculating the free space for both files gives me approx 1.2Gb, which is what I believe I will regain by defragging the store. So where is my remaining 3.3Gb gone!!!! The online maintanence is completing fine each night. Deleted item retention is set to 0, and we haven't deleted any ...

Sync Money Files
I have a laptop and desktop, both running Money 07. I have been away from home for three months and have been keeping my expenses in Money on my laptop. My wife has been keeping our records on the desktop. My problem is how to combine the two files so that I have one set of money files. When I cease travelling, the notebook will not be used for Money work; but the desktop will. So I need to combine the two files. Are there any solutions? Thanks, John Reid There is no easy way to do this. There aren't even many hard ones. Have you already done this or are you only pondering a re...