Changing the default cell size?

I'm looking to change the default size of each individual cell in
Excel.  Ideally, I would like to be able to resize each cell so that
they're the size of four put together vertically.  I realize I can
select four cells at a time and merge them, but this is a hassle when
its going to have to be done hundreds, if not thousands of times.

Any and all help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,

James

                http://www.usenet.com
0
seib3184 (1)

Have you tried Format/Row/Height?

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:25:03 -0500, James <seib3184@fredonia.edu> wrote:

>I'm looking to change the default size of each individual cell in
>Excel.  Ideally, I would like to be able to resize each cell so that
>they're the size of four put together vertically.  I realize I can
>select four cells at a time and merge them, but this is a hassle when
>its going to have to be done hundreds, if not thousands of times.
>
>Any and all help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0
anonymous (74722)

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Paste Special Changes Content
Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Past Special, a group of rows within the same workbook. When I do, all the empty cells are populated with zeros. I am using Windows 200 and Office XP. Thanks in advance, Bill When you paste special|Links, you end up with a formula like: =x99 If x99 is empty, then excel will show a 0. But you can change your formula to look like this: =if(x99="","",x99) (if x99 is empty, then make the cell look empty, else just show what's in x99.) Bill wrote: > > Greetings - I am attempting to copy and link, via Pas...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

no change pivot item.
i want to can not change pivotitems in the pivotfields. namely pivotitems restircted. How can I do in VBA? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

worksheet labels based on cell results
How can I build a macro to use the contents of several cells in a column to label a corresponding number of worksheets with their contents. Ideally this would also build links to the tabs so that a user could click on a specific cell (in that column) and be redirected to the corresponding worksheet Thanks, Mitch Hi for labeling the tab try something like activesheet.name=activesheet.range("A1").value For the second question try using a Hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mitch wrote: > How can I build a macro to use the contents of ...

Change Source Campaign on Invoice and Order
I need to change the Source Campaign on an Invoice and an Order but the field is locked. I tried to enable the field on the form but still cannot make changes. Any ideas beyond direct edit of DB? ...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

mapping keystroke to a cell
I would like to map a keystroke to a cell and have it add up the number of times the keystroke has been applied. For instance if I touched the A key 3 times it would give me the value of 3 in one cell. If I touched the B key 2 times it would give me the value of 2 in another cell. I'm thinking of using this in a laboratory situation. Where I could count the different types of blood cells under a microscope using the keyboard. Once I reached a total of a 100 diffent types of cells it would play a .wav file that would alert me that the count of 100 had been reached. Using a differ...

Default reminder time on tasks
Does anybody know if there is anyway to change the default reminder on the tasks window when it comes up to remind?? It currently is at 5 minutes and I have some users who'd like that to be a little longer because after they tell each task to remind them in an hour, once the hour is up it defaults back to 5 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry, but the default snooze time value is hard-coded and cannot be changed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preser...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...

Apostrophes in Blank Cells
I am importing Excel data that has what seems to be blank cells but on closer inspection I can see an apostrphe in the formula bar. That's not a problem because I have written a macro to identify apostrophes and clear the contents of these cells. The mystery is that when the same data is imported on a friend's computer with the same version of Excel the apostrophe does not appear in his formula bar (although they are still non-blank cells) and so my macro will not work on his computer since it doesn't see the apostrophes. Although I can write a different macro in his case, ...