Changing right side scrollbar bar row number box?

Hi,

In excel when you click and hold the right hand scroll bar and move up and
down the worksheet it displays the row number you are on.  Is there any way
to change that to pick up the value within column a instead?

Many thanks,

Rick

0
news

I don't think so.

In fact, when you upgrade to xl2k, those numbers disappear and the worksheet
will scroll live--you'll see the worksheet change right before your eyes.

(It works that way in xl2002.  I _think_ xl2k is the first with this newer
behavior.)

"news.microsoft.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"news.microsoft.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm positive that xl2k has the behavior.  We use xl2k at work and I can't
> remember the last time I saw that little yellow row box during a scroll.
>

> "news.microsoft.com
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In excel when you click and hold the right hand scroll bar and move up
and
> > down the worksheet it displays the row number you are on.  Is there any
way
> > to change that to pick up the value within column a instead?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Rick
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

Oops.  Another blurp in my memory!

I could'a sworn I haven't seen it in ages.  But I'm getting old(er).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

The little yellow row box disappeared in Excel 2002, but there's no
mention of this new feature in that version's "What's New"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/6/2004 2:46:16 AM
I use the scroll wheel all the time.  I guess the reason I didn't remember it is
because I either use the mouse or pageup/pagedown keys.

But there's lots of things I don't remember anymore <vbg>.  It makes life more
interesting.

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> Maybe you use the scroll wheel at work?
>
> The little yellow row box disappeared in Excel 2002, but there's no
> mention of this new feature in that version's "What's New"
>
> Dave Peterson wrote:
> > Oops.  Another blurp in my memory!
> >
> > I could'a sworn I haven't seen it in ages.  But I'm getting old(er).
> >

> > rob nobel wrote:
> >
> >>Well I have xl2000 and it certainly shows the row numbers and Oh I wish for
> >>a real live scroll!
> >>Glad to hear it's on the newer versions.
> >>Rob
> >>
> >>"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message

> >>and

> >>way

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
2/6/2004 3:57:18 AM
Cheers people.

Currently using office 2k so it's looks like an upgrade is the way forward.

Rick

> I use the scroll wheel all the time.  I guess the reason I didn't remember
it is
> because I either use the mouse or pageup/pagedown keys.
>
> But there's lots of things I don't remember anymore <vbg>.  It makes life
more
> interesting.

0
rp

Round a number
It may sound silly but I can�t find a solution to this: I need to round up a number when the decimal part is greater than . but it needs to be round DOWN when the decimal part is equal or les than .5 Example: 1.5 = 1 1.6= 2 12.4= 12 12.8= 13 Can anyone help me?? Thank's in advance Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe.. =IF(MOD(A1,1)=0.5,INT(A1),ROUND(A1,0)) -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Rich. Now I have another problem, my excel is in spanish and I can't find th function MOD, can you tell me what it does or better do you know th name of that func...

freeserve have changed my outlook
Since I joined Freeserve, they've changed Outlook so that it has their In and Out box and Bin etc. How do I remove this? Tommy Glassford <tommy@shanklandglassford.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Since I joined Freeserve, they've changed Outlook so that it has > their In and Out box and Bin etc. How do I remove this? Ask them. -- Brian Tillman ...

Charting changes in altitude
I am involved as an administrator of an adventure race. The event is 388km (242 miles)in length and I wish to produce a chart showing the changes in altitude that take place over the course. Any ideas on how to achieve this? regards Mike Coleman Cairns Australia Put the distance in one column, the corresponding altitude in the adjacent column, and create a XY Scatter chart with the resulting data. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Business solutions leveraging technology Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) 2000-2004 In article <1d4eb01c42368$cbb4c810$a501280a@phx...

formula change problem
I have a working formula that looks like this: Code ------------------- .Offset(P, 5).Formula = "=IF(RC[-1]>100,IF(RC[1]=""Y"", if(rc[2]=""US"",""TRUE"")),""FALSE"")" ------------------- and I want to change it to: Code ------------------- .Offset(P, 5).Formula = "=IF(.offset(P, 4) > 100, " & _ "IF(.offset(P, 6) =""Y"", " & _ "IF(.offset(P, 7) =""US"",""TRUE"")),""FALSE&q...

How can I change the order that the series appear in the legend k.
I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can't remember how! Any help would be appreciated. Hi, To change the legend order you need to change the data series order. Select a data series and press CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. There should be a Series Order tab with a listbox of data series. Cheers Andy Harriet wrote: > I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel > chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can...

no number 1
I came across a program for generating Lottery numbers and tried adapting it for the game we play which has 15 games with 6 of 45 numbers per sheet, but unfortunately I can''t find it again in the Excel forum The formula entered at *A1* and dragged across & down to *F15* was: =INDEX(ROW($B2:$B41),RANK(I2,$I2:$AL2)) At *H1* the formula entered and dragged across & down to *AK15* was *=RAND()*, I found that by putting more than 30 columns it generated numbers higher than 45 This program will generate random numbers 2 to 45 but I can't get it to bring up a 1.. re calculates...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

Right click in Outlook 2000 SR-1
The menu doesn't appear when right clicking on messages. There is no problem right clicking in any aother application or with the Windows 2000 OS. ...

Combo box to show selective Records!
I have a table [tblAccountStatus] that has around 6 fields for receiving payments 2 of the fields are [ClientID] (Number) and [ModeOfPayment] (Text) I have created a query using these to fields , made a combo box using this query ,put it on my form and made Control Source [ModeOfPayment] Now what I would like to do is when I enter the ClientID on to my form the query will only show [ModeOfPayment] that has been entered with that [ClientID] Hence when I select Mr Tom Cruise , I will get a selection my from my Combo Box as the names of the checks I have entered under his ClientID Hope this mak...

Type hidden text and/or numbers; return asterisks
I want to type a name or series of numbers or a combination in a cell without anyone that may be standing around seeing what I am typing in and have it return asterisks (or another character). This would be like entering a password for an application and instead of the characters you are typing, you would see asterisks for example. The data being typed into the cell might be used in a formula elsewhere in the worksheet. I've hidden the formula bar so that you can't see what's being typed in there. And, I tried adding a custom format to the cell that returned single quotes acros...

Mouse pointer changes to hourglass shape
I've just put up the trial version of visio. Very frequently, when stuffing around trying to get a connection line organized the way I want it, the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass shape. I can continue to use it (treating the middle of the hourglass as the tip of the pointer) but it's very irritating. I can clear it back to the standard arrowhead pointer by right-clicking, but that brings up the context menu, which I then have to dismiss. Very irritating. My system is a fully-updated Windows 2000 Professional. Graphics card is a Matrox G550 with the latest driver. Any ...

How do I set up the "Office Shortcut Bar" on my desktop in Office
I want to have the office shortcut bar on the right side of my monitor as I did previously in Office 2003. Can't seem to find it in Office 2007. Thanks, Stan http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 "The Office Shortcut Bar is not available in Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003. However, you can use the Start menu in Microsoft Windows XP to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder. Additionally, you can use the Quick Launch bar in Windows XP or in Microsoft Windows 2000 to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder." Further ...

Change color of the border..
There are some components as the combobox that doesn't give option to change the color of the border, there is some form of making it thank you ...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

searching for telephone numbers
Hi all, With my old address book I was able to search different fields. i.e. "Name" "e-Mail" "Phone" etc. this was a handy tool for searching telephone numbers. Since installing Outlook 2007 I can't find a way of searching for a telephone number. Is it possible? Any help would be appreciated. Roy Which version of outlook was the old address book in? Are you using Windows Desktop Search in Outlook 2007? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net...

possible to change field code color?

How do I change the contact information I gave when I registered?
I have a new email address - How can I change my email address that i gave when i registered publisher? ...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

Contacts Box Greyed out
The box to add contacts to the outlook address book is greyed out. I have changed permissions and still it is greyed out ...

How to change transaction date?
I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I use online bill payment through my bank. There is a recurring rental payment each month. It is processed on the 20th for a due payment on the 25th. Money will see it and enter it into my Money account as an electronically cleared item. Sometimes the item will clear so that I have two rent payments occuring in the same month. This skews my expense report because the next month has no rental payment. I'd like to see one rent payment each month for budgeting purposes. Right now, I'm subtracting one of the rental payments manually to g...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

On-Click Events and motion tablet signature boxes?
I have a fairly involved form with 54 option frames. Each frame has 4 option buttons (IN, OUT, N/A, N/O). I already have the option frames setup to update their status in a table with numbers (1,2,3,4) and all this is linked to a specific record number that is auto generated. I can create multiple records that retain my choices for all 54 option frames. What I want to do now is create a table with a list of pre-written comments and an event on each option frame so if I select OUT it will select a specific comment for that specific option. I might select OUT on the option ...