Changing language

I am running the Swedish version of Excel for XP and I need the US (or
English) version.  Is there a way to convert the language and all the
settings associated with it?

Using the swedish version is rather annoying since the formula names are
translated to swedish.

Thank you,

Magnus

0
Magnus_ (1)

SAVING CHANGES TO FORM SHUTS DOWN DATABASE!
It's the weirdest thing: I have worked in this form a thousand times...and mever a problem before, but now all of a sudden when I go into the design view of the form to edit controls when I save, I get an error message that wants to send an error reprot to microsoft and then it shuts down my database and creates a backup. What happened? Why does this only happen on this one form and not any others? I have experienced this also in another database in the past...and I remember I could do nothing to resolve it: I tried SELECT ALL and copying all of the objects to a new form - still ...

hyperlinks - file location
I'm creating hyperlinks with a list of documents in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to tell Excel where to look when I try to add the hyperlink. The link it only to a file on a network directory ... not to a website. It's a real time-waster to have to change it 200+ times. I did change where it looks for documents, but that was ineffective. It still goes to the same "wrong" location. It only goes to the drive/directory that the excel file is located ... arghhhhh! Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Diana When I do this, I put the server/folder names in a cell (A1) and ...

verdana font changes when replying
Hi! I have my font type set to Verdana on new email and reply emails. It shows as Verdana while I am typing. However, if I am REPLYING to an email, the receiver of my email sees Times New Roman instead of Verdana. Please help! ...

Business Contact Manager mess in language change of software
This is the first time in 24 years that I experience that language versions can't cooperate: I've got XP Home, Dutch version, I have Office 2003 Dutch version. Initially I installed English version of BCM, all worked fine and I started working with it. Now I found a Dutch version of same and installed it i/o UK version. Problem: the new dutch version is unable to read the database file with my contacts. IOW: lost my contacts , should I now uninstall the Dutch version, reinstall the English version, transfer my BCM contacts and data to regular part of Outlook and uninstall aga...

Why does change in IV00102 update DEX_ROW_TS in IV00101?
We've had some performance problems since upgrading to GP10. In researching this problem I discovered that the item quantities table, IV00102, has an AFTER UPDATE trigger called zDT_IV00102U that updates the item master table, IV00101 (specifically, it is setting IV00101.DEX_ROW_TS to the current date and time). We had auditing set up on IV00101, thinking that auditing changes in a master table would not have much impact on performance, but because of this trigger every time a document posts that changes inventory quantities our auditing on IV00101 fires also. What is th...

Mass change of same cell in multiple files??????
I have about 180 files that are price pages from a company we sell products from. The same cell in every file, Sheet 1 P1 is a factor that is used in formulas through out the files. I guess I am wondering if there are 1 of 2 solutions. 1) Can I mass change that P1 cell in all 180 files to be a different number instead of 1.0? or 2) Can I mass change any reference to that cell in any sheet to point to one cell that we can change anytime and only do 1 update for all 180 files? Thanks in advance Hi Jim You can do this with a macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm You can use a form...

How can I find career change resumes templates?
I like to review some nice "Professional Career Change Resume Templates" for the job market. If someone could tell me where to go on the inter-net, it will be well appreciated. Thanks! You could start at www.google.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705F99E5-1326-4E81-B98F-A7337C5C9AEA@microsoft.com... :I like to review some nice "Professional Career Change Resume Templates" for : the job market. If someone could tell me where to go on the inter-net, it : will be well appreciated. Thanks! Templates are...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Spellcheck language
I am using Outlook Express 6. As long as the spellcheck was with Office 2000 or later with 2003, the spellcheck language in O E6 was English. Now that I have installed Office 2007, the only language in the Spellcheck options of O E 6 is French. Every word in my composed mail is checked with some French Dictionary and is found to be wrongly spelled by O E6. How do I get English language for spellcheck? P. Jayant Got Google? => http://lmgtfy.com/?q=outlook+express+spell+french P. Jayant wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6. As long as the spellcheck was with Office ...

How do i change the axis location on a chart that has negative da.
I am charting data on a line chart that is negative. The x axis catagories are displayed below the zero line, but not below that last line of data. How do i move the catagories below the last line of data. I have used the offset but it only allows up to 1000. This isnt enough. You can leave the axis where it is, in fact, for a column chart moving the X axis will change the origin of the columns. Double click the X axis, and on the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low position. To move the axis itself, double click the Y axis, and on the Scale tab, change the Category Axis Crosse...

Trying to change double-click behavior
Hi everybody, I googled this for two hours now and did not find a solution, so I hope somebody can help me: I am trying to change the double-click behavior of a shape. Instead of doing the standard thing it shall symply call the command "custom properties" from the shape menu, so I immedeately can modify the custom properties of the shape without clicking on a menu entry. I suspect that you can change this in the shape sheet modifying the double click event. The only thing is that you will have to provide a command id as a parameter that I do not know (the one for menu->shape- ...

Using VBA to change default color palette
We currently have an add-in for Excel Xp which changes the default excel color palette so that it displays our companies corporate color scheme. We are wanting to use this in Excel 2007 as well but cannot get it to work. Included is some of the code used for Excel XP Sub companyPalette() On Error Resume Next 'Modify the first row to compnay Primary color Palette ActiveWorkbook.Colors(11) = RGB(160, 0, 80) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(55) = RGB(225, 110, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(52) = RGB(235, 175, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(51) = RGB(180, 190, 0) ...

Changing ISP / email address
My friend is about to change ISP and get a new email address. He doesn't use webmail only Outlook. He has many folders containing emails he wants to keep, and also all his contacts. Can someone please tell me, if he changes email address will all the folder contents and contact details remain in Outlook? Are they on his hardrive or not? Thanks! Outlook data is stored locally. If he uses the same data file all his information will be there. -- Russ Valentine "Alfa Mum" <Alfa Mum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54C0F148-C087-4A8A-A25C-A...

Differen languages support
Hi! I saw a dicussion dated 10/5/2004 about different language support. One thing I was wondering, can you install CRM in int.English and Sales Outlook Client in different languages? ie. in sweden a n swedish client and in denmark danish, still both accessing the 1.2 int.english server. Jorma As far as I know, all the CRM components needs to have the same language. One fothe reasons is that many of the localized strings are kept in the main DB. A SFO client running a different language would not find it's localized strings in the DB as the language codes would not be present. Mat...

Meeting Request times change between Exchnage Organisation
When I send a meeting request to an external recipient 1 hour is added to the time of the meeting. I know that both client systems and the Exchange 2003 SP2 server my mailbox is on has the daylight savings timezone applied and selected. Could it be that the recieving Exchange server (and any other servers the relay this message) do not have the Western Australia daylight savings patch (only released recently) and are changing the time of the message? I am really just looking for the cause rather than a fix at this stage. Thanks I should also have noted that both mailboxes are in the ...

Microsoft CRM v3
Could anyone help. We have the standard methods to customize the standard attributes in an entity. However, we do not seem to be able to change a party list such as the look up for a service activity. Can we do this or is it another one fore the developers. Thanks. Check out some of the SDK examples - cant rememeber specially - perhaps convert fax to task may be what you are looking for - uses the partylist syntax Pete "Doug Jenkins" <DougJenkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9978EA36-E249-4E55-A8F0-F6CF393A0F67@microsoft.com... > Could anyo...

Bi-language local folders
Maybe after a registry cleaning, not shure, but all of a sudden I have my standard OE Local Folders (Inbox, Outbox...) showing up two times in the left local folder panel. Once in English (like it used to be before), and once in Dutch, the OS language on my XP PC. New mails arrive from now on (only) in the Dutch Inbox (named "Postvak In"). Old mails, Sent items... remain in the original English folders. Also in the OE store folder I find the Dutch an English .dbx folder versions. I don't know what happened, did already a system restore, a reg restore,... but nothi...

Change font
How do I change the font of a static control on a dialog? If possible I'd like to do this at design time. -- Michael Tissington http://www.tabtag.com http://www.oaklodge.com "Michael Tissington" <michael@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eamUj$ZpDHA.3688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I change the font of a static control on a dialog? > > If possible I'd like to do this at design time. AFAIK, all you can do at design time is change the font used by the whole dialog. To change the font of an individual control you need to Create the font and call the c...

how change default set for email client
when we first time use outlook , it will ask to setup as default email client. so during access interenet , some webpage has contact us link to email, when click it will pop to outlook, but fo some reason, some use click cntact us in web , it will pop a outlook express. which is not my expected, how can i set it back to outlook Thank gary ...

WATCH OUT--Change you email address to avoid MASS spamming from newsgroup
I posted a message the other day and unfortunately used my real email address, without adding NOSPAM to the address and I have since gotten about 12 or more of the SWEN worm emails, the supposed Microsoft Security patch worm. Thankfully I have Norton AntiVirus which detects it. Now I know to WATCH OUT. Be careful! Joan Hi, You may be interested to know that your correct address still shows in your message header. The "reply-to" address has "NOSPAM" in it. The "from" address does not. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled "Joan Apt" <joanap...

Send/Receive doesn't work until changing folders.
An Outlook 2000 client on WinXP w/ an Exchange 5.5 email server, new mail does not arrive in the inbox until the folder is changed, like from inbox to deleted items. Then all the new Email messages come into the inbox. Clicking on Send/Receive also retreives them. I though new messages automaticall go to the inbox on Exchange. ...

making global changes
I recently imported my checking account data, over 2000 transactions, from an Excel worksheet. The data was accurately imported, but it didn't import the expense category associated with each transaction. Is there a way to have Money2002 globally change all checks written to Payee A assigned to Category B? I can re-import the data if I knew what to name the column and what order to place it in Excel. Maybe someone know the answer to that. Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, Michael Israel wrote: >I recently imported my checking account data, over 2000 transactions, from ...

Changing Exchange server name
Hi all, I've to change my Exchange server name from old_server_name to new_server_name. What I've to know before make this change? Thank you On the same subject, I use an MST when installing through my org. I will alter the MST so Outlook configures Automatically on new installs but where is the Exchange sever named stored to change it on Previously installed PCs (only effects user who sign on to multiple location as there first sign on is handled by Active Directory) . note: sry to horde in on your thread Andrea "Andrea Caldarone" wrote: > Hi all, > &...

Quick VBA Worksheet Change Event or Selection Question:
Quick VBA Worksheet Change Event or Selection Question: I have a workbook that has a sheet named "Formatted Prices". I enter data starting from row 7 & from column A to S all the way down on a daily basis. This range is not completely filled on a daily basis=85, somedays I might just enter 2 or 3 data only filling 3 rows, but always from column A to S. In column Q, I have a formula that depends on column P=85, it basically a simple calculation formula that says if the data in say P7 is empty, then show nothing, but if the data in P7 is something, then subtract t...

Can't open transaction by category report after making changes to
MS Money 2005: 1. Opened Report "Transaction by Category" on "Category = Adjustment Increase" 2. Switched to Category, created category "Increase:Adjustment" 3. Moved "Adjustment Increase" to " Increase:Adjustment" 4. Switched back to Report "Transaction by Category", report wouldn't show-up. Reverted to "Report Home" 5. Click on "Transaction by Category", can't get to the report, always revert to "Report Home" Tried "Standard Repair", "Restore from Backup", can't solve ...