Changing Font case in excel

Is there a way to to change upper case fonts to say, title case or lower case

Thanks in advance

Andrew
0
anonymous (74722)

Andrew, here is one way, with your data in A1

=PROPER(A1)

=LOWER(A1)
--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Andrew S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to to change upper case fonts to say, title case or lower
case?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew

0
pbridgesnews (182)
2/20/2004 9:29:27 PM
Hi Andrew!

See:

Dave McRitchie:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower

There's code there that should handle whatever changes you want.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Andrew S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to to change upper case fonts to say, title case or
lower case?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew

0
njharker (1646)
2/20/2004 10:30:10 PM
I do not quite follow on where and how to enter it?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/21/2004 2:11:09 AM
Thanks I think I can get through it now

Andrew
0
anonymous (74722)
2/21/2004 2:56:05 AM
I understand that the formula I want ot use is =PROPER(A2

BUT how do I use it?
0
genemck (1)
2/21/2004 3:06:07 PM
If you're going to use the worksheet formula, you could insert a helper column
adjacent to the column that you want to convert.

Then put this in the first cell in that column:
	=proper(a1)
(adjust the range to point at the first cell that needs to be converted)

Then drag that down as far as you need.

Then if you want to keep the helper column, you can convert it to values by:
selecting it.
Edit|copy
then select the original column and
Edit|paste special|values

Then delete that helper column.

This will convert any formulas to values (in that column), so be a little
careful.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Now it does show me that it is doing what I wanted it do do in the little window.  So I clicked O

The cell B1 has in it =PROPER(A1)  but nothing happened

Should the words from A1 now appeer in B1?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/21/2004 4:31:05 PM
Yes, it should.

What appears in A1?

What appears in B1?

Gene McKinney wrote:

> I added a column B, then in B1 I entered (using the formula button) =PROPER and then OK
> It brought me to another screen wanting to knwo which cell I wanted so I clicked onn A1
> then went back to the formula screen.
>
> Now it does show me that it is doing what I wanted it do do in the little window.  So I clicked OK
>
> The cell B1 has in it =PROPER(A1)  but nothing happened.
>
> Should the words from A1 now appeer in B1?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Percent increase in excel #2
How could I do a percent increase when I have two tables with money values, one from last year and one from this year? One way: A1: <last year's value> B1: <this year's value> C1: =B1/A1-1 Format C1 as a percentage. In article <29182E64-291B-4B10-804E-88FE105D24AB@microsoft.com>, "Aiko" <Aiko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How could I do a percent increase when I have two tables with money values, > one from last year and one from this year? Thank you for your answer, I send you and e-mail because I came up with new pro...

shared workbook in excel 2007
So many horror stories about shared excel workbooks crashing or losing data. I would like to have a shared excel workbook for our budget, shared among 30 people, who would enter in their budgets for specific departments. Are there users that have sucessfully utilized shared workbooks with 20-30 users? If so, what tips/secrets do you have to avoid the pitfalls of other sites, who have problems??? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to Create a Quiz with Free Quiz Template in Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, Flash CS4 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tuto...

Pasting excel chart into powerpoint
Office 2003. When I paste an excel chart into powerpoint, it's not pasting proportionally. I've added text boxes to the chart (in Excel). Also, the original chart is a full page in Excel, however when I paste it into Powerpoint, it's being reduced in size. when I enlarge it, the text boxes (that I added) then overlap one another in powerpoint, where they didn't do this in Excel. I just switched from '97 to 2003 and this wasn't a problem. Perhaps I'll also post this to the powerpoint newsgroup, in case the problem is there instead of excel. I have so...

Vertical text, font corruption #2
Hi there. I'm trying to draw a vertical text. But I see the font is corrupted. I mean it looks ugly. No antialiasing and so. whe I draw the text horizontal it looks just fine. I'm using "lf.lfEscapement = - 90 * 10;" to make a font vertical and "pDC->TextOut(20, 22, sTitle);" for drawing. lf.lfQuality = ANTIALIASED_QUALITY for both vertical and horizontal. Have now idea what it could be... Any ideas? Thanks. ...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Running Balance in excel pivot table
Hi, Have rows: Product, transaction no have data fields: qty rec, qty iss, balance (calculated field: qty rec - qty iss) want balance to be a running total with base field of product so want something like: ======================================================= product--------doc no-----------------rec-------------------- iss-----------------------balance ======================================================= acetic acid -------------------opnbal/ 1-----------------4----------------------0---------------------- (4-0)=4 -------------------sales/ inv-----------------0--------------------...

Excel Formula Help #6
Hi Everyone I have six numbers and letters in a cell on a spreadsheet and I am using the formula =RIGHT(F1,1) to obtain the first letter or number. However the formula is not picking the first number or letter in the string in all cases. Some of the cells are left blank. Any help would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow > .. Some of the cells are left blank Probably these are trailing white spaces which can be cleaned up using TRIM Try it as: =RIGHT(TRIM(F1),1) High-five? Click YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,500 Files:370 S...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

drawing excel like grids on access reports
Hi All, I want to draw excel like grids on my access reports. The line should start from the top of each label in the page footer to the bottom of the corresponding text box in the page footer.(For each text box in the detail section, there's one unbound text box in the page footer to display totals). I don't know how to do this. can anyone please help me? -- from chanakya Baruva Can't you use rectangle or line controls in your various sections? These should work unless your sections are set to Can Grow. If this is the case, you may need to use the Line method ...

Change a text box to a combo box
Hi there I have created several forms in my database. I realized that I should have made them combo boxes instead of text boxes. Is there any easy way for me to change them into the format I need? Thank you in advance for your help. Right-click on the text box and select changeTo from the menu. -- Reggie "forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD867B89-38CC-4F20-A9AE-C177444DA9DA@microsoft.com...the > Hi there > > I have created several forms in my database. > > I realized that I should have made them combo ...

Why is Excel trying to access the network
I'm pasting some text into a cell - it did come from a website, but it's not a link or anything. It's just plain text - why the need to access the network? Maybe it's another cell, switch to formula view and see if you see something else. Because the formula view may not show everything, you might want to copy to another sheet so you can adjust columns to see your formulas better without affecting the column widths on the original. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm ...

Change Default View #2
Is it possible to determine a user's business unit and set the account entity default view depending on the business unit? I know it is not standard, I just am not sure if there is a way through javascript or the SDK to do it. Thanks You may be able to use a plug-in on the SavedQuery RetriveMultiple event. Here is an example to hide system views :- http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug-in.html This is just a starting point to give you an example. You would have to check if the query being passed is to return the default view, and if so overr...

cell range not changing when refreshing linked data- sumproduct fo
The cell range is not updating correctly to reflect the last row in the data sheet that is being refreshed. 5878 is the correct number of rows and 5824 is not. I can find and replace in my formulas to correct the problem, but it does it each time the data is refreshed. Any suggestions as to why? =(SUMPRODUCT((Expense!$B$2:$B$5878=$C$2)*(Expense!$C$2:$C$5878=$C$3)*(Expense!$W$2:$W$5824=$A6)*(Expense!$M$2:$M$5878))) I gave you the INDIRECT option y'day, but received no feedback from you in that thread. Looks like you're more interested in knowing why? One simple hunc...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

Wnat to change email address of Public Folder email address with Exchange 2003! Get error
The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible are that the Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service i snot running. Id no: c1030af Exchange System Manager Used as part of SBS 2K3 Publick folders and information services are started and working properly! Questions? 1) How to fix Public stores are not mounted? How? 2) Fixed with Exchange SP1 "Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:z0Nqe.59554$887.53617@tornado.socal.rr.com... > The HTTP service used by Public Folder is not avialable, possible ...

Reconnecting after workstation hardware change.
I work in a medical centre running a single SBS 2003 server, and 7 workstations all running Win XP. I recently updated three of the workstations - built new boxes, cloned the drives from each, ran the Win XP repair option, and installed the new drivers. All seemed to be going well, until I placed the new workstations into the network. Though the login process seems to operate as previously the server based software is not functioning, and the network printer cannot be accessed. In addition I cannot see the network via Windows Explorer, but I can access the internet. When I put the old...

Excel charts into powerpoint
Is there some simple code that I can use to get a group of excel charts into an existing powerpoint presentation? ...

Changing paper feed trays
I am publishing a 4 page news letter and printing it off on a HP laserjet IIID with mail merge. Now my question is I would like to print the first page (front and back) from one tray which has colored paper and print the second page (front and back) from the bottom tray which has white paper. I know in word I can use letter head paper in on tray and print the first sheet with letter head and the rest with plane paper. can this be done with publisher. I am useing publisher 2000 Deluxe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Ben Davis <bfdavis@da...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

Any font to surround number with a circle? #3
I haven't used the macro recorder b/c the only way i can think of to d it would be to insert a drawing sahpe around the number and then se the fill to be transparent. VBA macro wouldn't work very well fo that, I would rather use a mouse click/keystroke macro recorder like E Macro instead. What is truly needed is a whole new Font set tha surrounds the value with a circle but I have absolutely no idea how t do that or if a regular Joe who isn't an MS programmer can create custom font set -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey&...

Excel 2002 Problem
My first message accidentally sent before I finished typing in the second problem. Second problem again: Macro buttons that I have created and placed on my Formatting toolbar do not work when I open Excel 2002 and have two or more workbooks open. The macros for each button are stored in my Personal workbook. I get a message saying "A document with the name PERSONAL.XLS is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name." However, if I go to customize toolbars, I can reassign the macro to each button and the buttons work fine. If I close Excel and open ...

Urgent case-Calendar problem after moving to Exchange 2003
Hi, We're in the middle of moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have currently 2 Exchange 5.5 sites. One of the sites has also Exchange 2003. This site's users moved to Exchange 2003. We moved only 2 users from remote site to our new Exchange 2003 server. One of the users had permission to open her manager's calendar. Now, she can't open the calendar after the move. The manager mailbox is still on 5.5 in remote site. We thought of consolidating the servers. Any suggestions? Thanks, Haim Beyhan On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:05:19 +0200, "Haim Beyhan" <...

Virus in Excel ???
I can't right click, copy and paste a cell. I can use ctrl c and ctrl v but that puts the info in the clipboard. The blinking dotted box no longer appears. Is this in a worksheet of yours, that nobody else has used? There is a way to use VBA code to prevent you from using right click to do anything. tod >-----Original Message----- >I can't right click, copy and paste a cell. I can use ctrl c and ctrl v but >that puts the info in the clipboard. The blinking dotted box no longer >appears. >. > Yes a new worksheet. The right click works. I can copy but when ...

Changing Worksheets
Is anyone aware a keyboard shortcut that will allow you to 'move' from one worksheet to another within the wame workbook. I'm looking for something similar to the ALT+TAB used to to 'move' from a active window to a different window. Hi CTRL+PGUP CTRL+PGDOWN -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Adam Eichenberger wrote: > Is anyone aware a keyboard shortcut that will allow you > to 'move' from one worksheet to another within the wame > workbook. > > I'm looking for something similar to the ALT+TAB used to > to 'move' from a...

CRM not starting after Domain Controller change
Hi all, I added a new domain controller in my domain. This worked fine, no replication problem or any other problem. But since, CRM (which runs on another server) doesn't start. SQL is running on the CRM server. Each time I try to access CRM through IE, I get a generic error message and the following event is logged on CRM server (event id 2) : MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Défaillance irrémédiable Error Message: Défaillance irrémédiable Error ...