Changing Defaults in VBA 2

I need a code that opens a workbook, and then saves it as
another workbook that already exists, without it telling
me, the file already exists, do you want to replace it?
I just want it to do it without it asking me.
When you want this done on a dozen workbooks, it gets a
bit tedious keep pressing the yes button, when everything
else runs through smoothly via code.
Many thanks in advance
John

0
anonymous (74722)

John
    Put these statements before and after the code that saves the workbook:
Put This Statement Before The Statement That Results In An  Alert.

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Put This Statement After The Statement That Results In An  Alert.

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

HTH   Otto

"JohnUK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a code that opens a workbook, and then saves it as
> another workbook that already exists, without it telling
> me, the file already exists, do you want to replace it?
> I just want it to do it without it asking me.
> When you want this done on a dozen workbooks, it gets a
> bit tedious keep pressing the yes button, when everything
> else runs through smoothly via code.
> Many thanks in advance
> John

0
ottokmnop (389)

on export Text changes to # in excel
I am exporting a report to excel, in the report Item numbers look like this; 10-100 10-100LR 10-101 10-101LR But upon export to excel; -657161 10-100LR -656796 10-101LR The table defines the ID field as text The user wants the report formating, but to have the data in excel. Any help would be appriciated! Angie ...

How can I use VBA ADO to check if a table exists in an Access DB?
Hi! If I aready have an access DB called c:\temp\MyDb.mdb, is there any way that I can use ADO to check if a table exists in this database? Thanks, Aijun. -- Ai_Jun_Zhang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ai_Jun_Zhang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397998 Here is a simple function. Call with ?IfTableExists("C:\temp\MtDB.mdb","DB") Function IfTableExists(FileName As String, Table As String) As Boolean Dim o...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Changing Front End Back End Connection Through VBA
Hi, In a form in the front-end the location of the backend is mentioned. (this is the result of a dlookup from a table that holds the locations of all backends; user chooses which backend to connect to) How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? Thnx for your help! hi Rishi, On 04.02.2010 12:12, Rishi wrote: > How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables > in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? http://www.mvps.o...

Book1 changes itself?
I have used XL97 on Windows 2000 for a long time. Just lately, XL has changed its behaviour, and I can't work out why. There are 2 problems, but they didn't start at the same time. 1. If I open XL and then immediately close it again, without doing anything, it asks me do I want to save the changes to Book1? What changes to Book1? 2. Whenever I start XL, re-calculation is set to manual. This is true even if I finish the previous session by re-setting the previous spreadsheet to automatic re-calculation and saving it. I tried saving different versions of Book1.xlt and in the end I del...

changing default language
I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as my English. I have a difficult time reading some of the options such as file, edit, view, etc. I was hoping there was some way to change the language to English. I don't know if this would mean changing some setting or uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help me. Thanks. In article 37b5ebd9.0410201526.7b053dd@posting.google.com, Brian Blanchette at bblanchette@cox.net wrote on 10/20/04 16:26: > I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as > my English. I have a difficult time readi...

I want to change a "No" to a "Yes" i
I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on page 1 it is No? What formula do I use, and how do I cereat it without getting a circle error? You need to define, "the cell". Which / Worksheet / cell(s), specifically? You also need to define, "it". Which Worksheets / cell(s), specifically, do you mean by this? "Circuitman57" wrote: > I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it > says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on pa...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Default Calendar Events
I have an Exchange 2003 server and would like to set default calendar events for all users. Is there a way to add these events to the server so that they show up on all calendars, even new users set up through the year ...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...

CultureInfo changed on Callback threads?
Basic scenario -Winforms client calling an asp.net web service on Windows X Problem: When I perform an async web service call from a winform client, my Thread.CurrentCulture and Thread.CurrentUICulture are changed from the initiating thread's culture Some code Set all the Cultures to a different culture static void Main() Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.Run(new SomeForm()) Make an Async web...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

PSTDisconnectDelay #2
I'm running Outlook 98 on an XP machine and I need to change the default time for how long outlook locks it's PST file for. I have added a registry key for this and set it to 10 seconds as listed in the help files (See below) but with no change. It still takes 30 minutess for outlook to release the file. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 234211 "The .pst file lock release interval is now configurable by adding the following DWORD value PSTDisconnectDelay to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0 \Outlook\PST Setting PSTDisconnect...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...