Changing default Print copies

Hi,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of
3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the
worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how
to change this permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Pach
0
msan (2)

>Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> the print dialog.

Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
9/6/2004 3:58:02 PM
This doesn't fix my problem.  My printer settings are all correct and in
fact, it does show as only 1 copy.  There's someplace within the EXCEL
worksheet that has this information because I get this only for this one
worksheet - somebody at sometime set the default # of copies to 3 and I want
to change it back to 1.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> > the print dialog.
>
> Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
> Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
> Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
> Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
> change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Unable to change forecolor
Help please. I cannot change the forecolor of my textbox using the .forecolor property I want to change the text color to red if the value is greater than 31,999 This is the code snipset: Me.IncAmtPaid = xIncAmtPaid Me.IncFirstPay = xIncFirstPay Me.IncCCPay = xIncCCPay I do not see where you are trying to use the ForeColor property. azu_daioh@yahoo.com wrote: >Help please. I cannot change the forecolor of my textbox using >the .forecolor property > >I want to change the text color to red if the value is greater than >31,999 > >This is the co...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

cursor has changed from 10pt to 7pt
my document is Times Roman 10pt but my cursor is very tiny, probably 5 or 6pt. How can i change it? If this is Word 2003, you have encountered a known issue. Change the zoom to, say, 500% and then back to whatever you want. That should fix the "mini cursor" bug (at least temporarily). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Claudia" <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32F16312-3191-435A-93C0-10688E62E9FF@microsoft.com... > my document is Times Roman 10pt but my cursor is very tiny, probably 5 or > 6pt. > How can i ch...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Serial Number while printing.
Guys, could you please help me on my problem? i just want to use the serial number on my report but the problem is, i did'nt know how to use it properly. here is my problem goes: i have 1 page of report, and i want to print it for 100 copies (meaning the 100copies had only one content). i want to have a serial number for 100 copies. for example the first printout will have serial number 1, the second is 2, the 3rd print out is 3 and for last printout will have of course serial number 100. hope to hear from you guys. thanks. So the first record in the report is printed 100 times, with th...

Automatic print layout selection
Can you set up an option so that when you print a report, it automatically selects landscape or portrait and fits the report to the page rather than going to a 2nd line You can modify the report with Report Writer and on the Report Definition window change the Printer Orientation to Landscape. Don't forget to change security to use the modified report. You can also use Named Printers to change the printer properties to landscape if the report is one controlled by Named Printers. David Musgrave [MSFT] Original Developer of Named Printers Senior Development Consultant Escalation Eng...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

Default to GAL
Ex 2003, Outlook XP. I have a user complaining that whenever they type the name of an internal user, Outlook resolves this to the user's private email address and the mail is sent out on to the Internet, not locally to the internal mailbox. If I click on the To... box to view the address book, I see on the top right that the "Show names from the" selection is showing a set of contacts in the Outlook Address Book, not the GAL. How can I set this Outlook to look in the GAL first? I tried deleting the user's .nk2 file, but this didn't help. Thanks, Neal start ...

VBA code to default item lookup by description
What is the code needed to add an item lookup that will default the sort by description and start the description lookup with what was entered in the item number field on the Sales Transaction window. Thank you, Amy ...

Advanced Financial Reports
We would like to print an AFA report in landscape by default. Currently in Great Plains Advanced Financial Reports can only print in portrait by default. Each time we want to print in landscape, we have have to open the report layout and change the printer setup to landscape before printing. ...

How to Enable debug print in SCSI miniport driver
hi all, i am trying to print the debug messages of SCSI miniport driver. i have enabled it through kd >ed NT!Kd_ScsiPort_Mask 3 kd >ed NT!Kd_ScsiMiniport_Mask 3 kd >g but still it doesnt print messages, it shows a355b841 6890d355a3 push offset SCSIminiport ! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string' (a355d390) does anybody have any idea what could be the issue? please let me know if you have solution, thanks, Hitesh ...

Stop Excel Changing Format
In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the cell to use the General format. Any idea how I get Excel to show the number as I want? Format as dd/mm -- David Biddulph "Chris762" <Chris762@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B2CD-5096-4EB5-8FFF-249AD6839774@microsoft.com... > In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter > this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the > cell > to...

RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was outside the bounds of the array". The report is binding to a object data source, if i delete some object from my data source the error disappear. Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, Is your object in your data source shared by multiple thread...

How to copy a missing font to publisher
I am missing the Antique Olive font in Publisher only. How do I get it back? That font was included with some HP products years ago, that is how I acquired my copy. Do you have the Antique Olive font in the font folder? If it is in the font folder it should be in Publisher's font list. Do you have a font manager? Might be it has lost its path. Aliases here http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/findafont/a/fontaliases_o.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook Select/Copy/Paste issue
Very strange. In Outlook 2007 I cannot select text to copy & paste anymore. Normally I can Click and drag to highlight text, then copy. Now when I place the mouse over the text, the cursor turns into a hand and I cannot highlight/select. If I click the mouse button the hand turns into a fist. If I right-click I get a drop down menu with the following items.... "Synonyms", and "Translate". If I start Outlook in "Safe Mode" I do NOT have this problem. I tried disabling all the Add-Ons but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks. "Mark" <markl@...

auto copy and paste to another workbook by using specific titles
I am trying to get information from a row that contains a specific title to be transferred to another workbook automatically. I also need to know how to do this with the cells not matching up. Hello: Your question is vague. If you mean that when someone opens the spreadsheet, the contents of a row with a certain title is copied to another spreadsheet, then you can use the Auto_Open() event to search for the row, open the target spreadsheet, insert it, and then close the spreadsheet, saving the contents. Again, I may not be addressing your question, but again, it very gener...

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Can change outlook profile without exprofe ?
Hi, I have migrated mailboxes from one standart server to a cluster cluster, syncronized the public and system folder. But outlook profile didn't update with the new information of services, even if I recreat the outlook profile, change registry keys or delete the user profile I still have this information : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging\Subsytem\Profiles\Outlook\a80945475ee4c140936d21bade59e593\001e6614=/O=*****/OU=****/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=OLDSERVER" Maybe Exprofe could help-me, but this client don't log...

Copying Information
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350283589_2423585 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello everyone, I'm having trouble copying data from a table ( st ) in one db ( tecnicil_industria1 ) to the same table in a different db ( tecnicil_ind2010r ). Below is my query and the result error I'm getting. Can any help on how to go about doing this: Use tecnicil_ind2010r Go insert into st select * from te...

Autoshapes defaulting automatically to 3-D
One day I was [laying around with autoshapes and activated the 3-D option. Now whenever I draw an autoshape its always in 3-D. How can I get 2-d back as default? thanks Billy, create an AutoShape, click the 3-D button on the Drawing toolbar and select No 3-D, then right-click the AutoShape and select Set AutoShape Defaults. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Billy Thomas" <csa@gcronline.com> wrote in message news:u4Wwk%23DTEHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > One day I was [laying around with autoshapes and ac...