Changing default Print copies

Hi,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of
3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the
worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how
to change this permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Pach
0
msan (2)

>Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> the print dialog.

Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
9/6/2004 3:58:02 PM
This doesn't fix my problem.  My printer settings are all correct and in
fact, it does show as only 1 copy.  There's someplace within the EXCEL
worksheet that has this information because I get this only for this one
worksheet - somebody at sometime set the default # of copies to 3 and I want
to change it back to 1.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> > the print dialog.
>
> Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
> Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
> Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
> Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
> change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

Copied Worksheet does not maintain it 's properties
Hello , My VB app , access a particular Excel file (ie Template.xls) and runs a Macro . This Macros out is a report which is printed on a Worksheet in the same Template.xls . Then I select the Output worksheet of the template xls and copy the contents into a new Excel file . The reason why I am doing this is because I dont want the new file to contain the Macro . The problem is , the formatting of the Output sheet (Column lengths , Fonts etc) is NOT effected on the new workesheet of the file when copied . So I basically have an unformatted Output in the new file . How may I overcom...

Can I stop formatting changes from appearing in "track changes"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Under track changes preferences, I have &quot;none&quot; selected, yet formatting changes still show up when I chose to display the changes in balloons. I can accept most of the formatting changes in order to eliminate the balloons, but sometimes I click to &quot;accept&quot; 10 or 20 times, but the balloon won't go away. <br><br>I realize that this is only a problem with balloons, but my pagination gets messed up if I don't use balloons. Yes: Turn off "Keep track of f...

ACC2000: change string to int
I have a customer number that is a string, but I need to change it to an integer variable. Assigning: iCust = sCust does not work. (I just want to drop leading zeroes in the string. It can stay a string if that's easy.) Is there a function to convert string to int? I could not find one in Access help. String() seems to convert a numeric to a string data type. Thanks. Try use: Int(sCust) or Val(sCust) If you want to find Help on these types of functions, first open any module and then open Help. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donat...

How do I change my "Personal Contacts" to just Contacts?
My computer crashed but not before I saved my Outlook folder. The problem is how do I import all of the data (emails, contacts, calendar) into the right places? The old was 2003; the new is 2007. As of now, the old "Outlook" folder is sitting on my new Desktop, which probably doesn't make the most sense. The main issue is that all of my contacts are listed as "Personal Contacts" when I really want to make them just "Contacts" in general and create a subset of truly personal contacts. Thanks. goodguy9544;112956 Wrote: > My computer cra...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Textbox defaults
I have a userform with 3 textboxes and a commandbutton that acts as an enter botton. Textbox1 is for a target and textboxes2 & 3 are for plus and minus tolerances. I am working under the assumption that the tolerances are balanced would like textbox3 to default to the textbox 2 value as soon as it is activated. Is this possible? Maybe something like: Option Explicit Dim blkProc As Boolean Private Sub TextBox3_Change() If blkProc Then Exit Sub 'any code you have here End Sub Private Sub TextBox3_Enter() If Me.TextBox2.Value <> "" _ And Me.TextBox...

Number of Copies
Hi I have a strange problem: - I have a Access 2003 db in 2000 format - I have a report in that database - I am printing the report to different printers or pdf - Suddenly the default for Number of Copies is "4" and not "1" in the Print window If I am importing the report to a new db, the defualt setting of 4 number of copies is still there. There is no code in the report and the problem is there even if I are in design view or not. - Tthe 4 must be in the report, no other reports have the default 4. - It is default 4 in every printer Thx! Staffan ...

Copy a folder and objects
From a workbook I wanted a button that would copy a folder to another drive. After dinging around I came up with this: Set CpyFolder = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") CpyFolder.CopyFolder "c:\TestIt", "d:\TestIt", overwrite End Sub This works but I have no idea why. The CopyFolder only works if you use a Set = something then use the Something.copyfolder. This seems just idiotic and useless. Why not just "Copy c:\folder, d:\folder" and make it easy? What is the purpose of adding the complication of objects? Also... the copy process was...

Print Group Permissions
Hi, Am wondering if there is a quick way to generate a report that will print out group permissions for my database objects. I can always write them down, but it would be very time-consuming to note each level of permission for each and every database element. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! -- Thanks! Dee Hi Dee, The built-in Documenter can do this: Tools | Analyze | Documenter I prefer to use my own tool for this: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/csdtools.html My tool can document many areas of your database and usually with less pages than the Documenter. ...

Printing two colors without color separation
I am using Publisher 2007 and have struggled for a year to get adobe to create two color separations. The postscript print driver just doesn't work for me or a colleague that is working on the same file in another city (although I used to be able to print two color separations). Since our printer requires a PDF file I wondered if there was a an easy way to print two separate PDF of the same publisher file by creating a different color scheme or creating unique fonts that print some headers only in one color and rename the same headers with the font colors and lines set to white. I...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

EFT
We are using EFT to print remittance advice. When the remittance advice continues to the second page the description is not printing. It appears that the field transaction description in ME Pm Payment apply to work file duplicate is equal to null. Does any one have a work around for this problem? Thanks, Mar ...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Change system message
When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items" I would like to personalize that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending on the control - different control different message). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox: Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(Ne...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Changing format of a particular point in a series (conditionally/vba)
I have a single series which is charted each month and want to automatically format one of the points (a bar) a different colour. Is it possible to do this automatically? thanks for any advice david marcus - note the email address will not work Hi! Click once on the particular bar where you wish to have different color, system will select all bars in the chart. Click once again, the system will select only the bar that you are clicking on. Call out Format Data Point and select the desired color or pattern. >-----Original Message----- >I have a single series which is charted eac...

Copy Sheets
Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. Hi griify Maybe you protect the workbook Tools>Protection -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "griify" <griify@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAC20DC8-6132-45D3-874B-57073E9EDB12@microsoft.com... > Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on > the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. griigy, It works better for me to select the range I want ...

Change XY tick labels from numeric to text
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am exploring a huge dataset of data by U.S. zip codes. Each row is a zip code, the state the zip belongs to, the state number, and a count of widgets. 91234 AK 2 0.123 91872 AK 2 0.234 91232 AK 2 0.345 26271 AZ 3 0.111 23111 AZ 3 0.222 Although this might sound strange, I am graphing the entire dataset as an XY scatter plot --- with the state number as the x values and the widgets as the y-values. The resultant plot shows the distribution of widgets for each state very quickly and easily and all on one graph. I&#...

Copy filtered data (Values only)
The following code copies filtered data: Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues) How do I modify to the copy only the values Thanks! Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E54D33F-2...

Print-outs
In FP 2000, Reports view, how may I print out a hard copy of those tables. I have tried everything I can come up with, but have not been able to get a hard copy to print out. Even when I do an Edit - Select all - Copy, then open a text editor, or MS Word, and try to paste, all I get is the http:// web site link. I can do an Alt - PrtScr and get a hard copy of that part of the table that is currently on the screen, but it the table is longer than the screen height I can not get all of it. Any guidelines would surely be appreciated. Gordon In microsoft.public.money, Gordon wrote: >In FP ...

How do you have a print preview if you have no printer attached b.
I was able to build a spread sheet then look at the print preview to make sure all was going to print correctly. I have no printer attached at this point but do take a floppy to another office if I need to print. Suddenly that print preview does not work. How can I solve this problem? Can I set up a dummy printer without the computer balking?? Thanks! And the short answer is: Yes Just use Skip when it offers to print a test page -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "BeckyGTx" <BeckyGTx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

how do you print screen sent emails list as it appears
i want to print off the list of sent emails just as it appears on the screen when i have clicked on sent items. i tried to highlight 1st and then last item holding down shift but this only started printing each idiv email cover page as if opened giving me 60 pages ea email (i stopped it) not just the list as it appears;like i want- approx 2 pages. how do i do this-its sort of a print screen i want to accomplish. thanks Hold down "Alt" & press "Prnt Scrn". You can then paste into Word. >-----Original Message----- >i want to print off the list of sent email...

copy and use vba code
Hi, I am relatively new to using vba. I have successfully recorded and used macros, and also have created simple procedures in vba to use as a macro. What I am trying to do now is copy and use vba code in excel and am having trouble. The situation is this: I found vba code in these forums that I would like to use. What I did was copy the code into a module in the VBAProject (Personal.XLS), where all my aforementioned macros are located. However, when I attempt to find the macro via the Tools>Macro>Macros menu item, it is not listed (all the other macros are). I then tried a new ...

Copy ranges into email
Hi, How do i add more than one item to the body of a outlook mail using vba. I am using named range to select the items. i want to add Text, the leave two lines HTMLBody then leave two lines and add another HTMLBody and leace two lines and add Text I have a function that does the RangetoHTML after passing myRange to it. I am getting confused here. With OutMail .To = s .CC = "SH-DI-List" .BCC = "" .Subject = n & " - Trades in Pending Queue in SW " & Format(Now, "dd-Mmm-yyyy") & _ "...