Changing default Print copies

Hi,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of
3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the
worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how
to change this permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Pach
0
msan (2)

>Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> the print dialog.

Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
9/6/2004 3:58:02 PM
This doesn't fix my problem.  My printer settings are all correct and in
fact, it does show as only 1 copy.  There's someplace within the EXCEL
worksheet that has this information because I get this only for this one
worksheet - somebody at sometime set the default # of copies to 3 and I want
to change it back to 1.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to
> > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up
> > the print dialog.
>
> Look at the defaults for your printer off of the Start menu, Settings.
> Under Printer Properties you may find that the default is 3 for some reason.
> Exactly where you look will depend on your printer driver.  For my HP
> Laserjet 5D it was under Printing Preferences on the General tab.  Once you
> change it there and change withing Excel may now stick.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP

printing Publisher mailmerge
When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job. I get several jobs at the printer named Records 1-10, records 11-20, records 21-30 etc. instead of the one job name. I can't find any settings in Publisher to send one complete job. I've tested it with 4 different printers and it is always the same result. Is there anyway to turn off this seeting? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > When printing a large mailmerge file,...

cannot change datasource of pivotchart
I have PivotChart that is showing the number of opportunities of each type in each financial quarter. I want to include a bar to show the total of each type but the PivotChart wont let me change the data source. Is there a way around this? ...

Restrict or prohibit exporting records to Excel and printing privi
What workaround can I possibly take to restrict MS CRM v1.2 users in exporting records to MS Excel as well as prohibit them with print privilege? ...

2 home PC's networked
Hi folks, Here's my problem ... i have two PC's in my house and thet are newworked, but they both were stand-alone for a long time. First question - is it possible to 'merge' the email folders on them (contacts already the same by using phone / activesynch) and secondly, is it possible to have only one copy of iutlook active in future, no matter which PC i work on (so all the emails and replies will be in the same place )? Many thanks and seasons greetings to all, Garry +353 87 238 5832 Ireland Garry Kennedy <garrykennedy@pobox.com> wrote: > Here's m...

How do I change Phone: 8153381667 to Phone: 815-338-1667
How do I change Phone: 8153381667 to Phone: 815-338-1667 Maverick50 wrote: > How do I change Phone: 815xxxyyyy to Phone: 815-xxx-yyyy Take a look a format | cells in the "special" category. There is something very close and easily modified. BTW I don't know if you intended to post a real phone#, but be aware these things are easily googled for a name, address, and in this case, photograph taken from the road. **Maybe** this custom format: 000\-000\-0000 Or, using a formula in a helper cell: =TEXT(A1,"000\-000\-0000") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ma...

Change from default print changes font in Document
Hello, I need help figuring out how to change this, I have noticed that the font and spacing of content gets messed up when printing Word 2007 documents. I have a temporary work around by switching to my default printer then to the printer I want to print to, to get the font back to what it originally should be. But is there some feature in Word I should check or something to permanently fix this? Restarting Windows and then deleting any left-over temporary files might help. Also, you may want to look for an updated printer driver. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word ...

Date Changing
I am tearing my hair out over this problem so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. All of our Swiss users have the same problem when opening a spreadsheet. A date field on a protected worksheet in a protected workbook changes from 10-October-2003 to 00- January-1900. All of the fields are formatted correctly and when I open the same spreadsheet it displays the correct date. They suggested that the same problem had been logged before and the fix maybe in the excel or regional setup but I have been unable to find anything relevant in our call archives. Thanks in advance Mike ...

HTML Emails Not Using Default Font
I'm using O2003. I have all my fonts composing, reading, replying/forwarding to be Tahoma 10. Sometimes when I get a message and reply, it defaults to Times New Roman 10. I then need to change it back to Tahoma. Can I change this so it always defaults to Tahoma 10 all the time. In the past I didn't think this could be done, but wanted to ask if maybe it was now possible. Thank you. Shawn ...

Can't logon after IP change
After an migration to a new ip subnet We can't logon to CRM with any user beside administrator. After Authentication and display of the web interface we get a generic error message. When using the deployment manager we get a specific message that mscrmdervices is not responding and it shows the old IP address. Is there a configuration file some where that tells the apps what IP the MSCRMService is listening on? I already checked the IIS site bindings and they are on the new IP. Thanks If you are changing the server name/ip that CRM is on you also need to update the registry of ...

Changes with Outlook 2007
I'm having some issues with the new "Features" Outlook 2007 has. Some of our executives don't want to see the name of the organizer of the appointments. It leads to confusion for WHO should actually attend. Is there a way to disable that feature, or is there a particular layout which would not show the physical sender's name? Thanks! No; No. It can't be removed and can't be controlled by a view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Inventory Batch not printing
The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company. All other companies including Fabrikam it works but not the main company. we have tried creating a new batch, running checklinks but without success. We have tried different workstations. All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window. We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the print button and nothing happens. If we try print from the Inventory Adjustment window the same thing happens any Suggestion would be grate...

Change Page Orientation
Hi Folks, I am trying to do a newsletter that has portrait page orientation on all pages but one. I need to put the calendar in Landscape orientation. When I change the orientation, ALL pages change. Is there not a way to have 2 different orientations in the same document? Help!! -- HeidiS Group all the objects you have on the page you want landscaped, rotate 90 degrees. You might have to adjust objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HeidiS" <heidisatwork@hotmail.com.(dontSpamme)> wrote in message news:FA3C1452-A360-4864-B614-082D1C7B9696@microsoft.com... >...

Printing a list/directory of tabs/sheets of an Excel workbook?
Is it possible to print an list of the sheets in a certain Excel workbook? I can view the list of sheets when I go to "File, Properties, Contents" but I can't print it out. Thanks, Camlinh~ With a macro you can do this It will add a sheet to your workbook and add the sheetnames to it. Then print the sheet and delete the sheet. Sub PrintTabNames() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim Nsheet As Worksheet Set Nsheet = Sheets.Add Dim WS As Worksheet Dim r As Integer r = 1 For Each WS In Worksheets If WS.Name <> Nsheet.Name Then Nshee...

dynamic splitter and default size
Hello I wanted to set (for dynamic splitter) default size for the first row: issue=s.Create(this,2,1,CSize(100,100),pContext); s.SetRowInfo(0,50,10); As i understeand the first row should be 50 pixels height, but it is always 0. (i can see only next pane, i have to move the splitter down to see the first one). Why ? Thanx user, For dynamic splitters, this seems to be the designed behaviour, that is, only one pane is displayed and the user splits the view. Reading through the MFC source, however, you'll find the split member SplitRow which indeed seems to be a better candidate for ...

Selection copy and insert to other sheet (Macro)
Any body help with a macro please........ I have selected two cells from a row from sheet1 Is there any way to copy those cells go to Sheet2 and insert a blank row in A1 and paste those infor on B3 tks in advance The macro recorder will give you the necessary code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:32:01 -0700, RE: VLOOKUP fORMULA <REVLOOKUPfORMULA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any body help with a macro please........ > > >I have selected two cells from a row from sheet1 > >Is there any way to copy those cells >g...

Printing labels?
Having set up printing labels how do I set up for different labels? Different as in design or different as in names and addresses? Use the merge for the latter and a manual template for the former. Templates here: http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liz19leen" <liz19leen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D0FC674-7FBF-4A63-B562-37BFF5673BCD@microsoft.com... > Having set up printing labels how do I set...

in rules how can i copy info to another rule?
i want to copy info that i trped to a different rule with the same info You can make a copy of the rule and edit copy. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/rules.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? http://forums...

Changing division error
Hello, We are modifying the structure of our organization. So I created two new BU. I affected every CRM users to their new BU. Everything was ok excepted for one user. I got an error for a particular user. I realized that he was the manager of a desactivated user. So I reactived the user, and tried to change my manager's BU. But I still get an error. Watching on the server I've this error in the log : 'The server didn't want to process that request' I've tried plenty of things (changing the manager of the other user, testing with another BU...). I've noted ...

CRM 1.2 hangs with Windows XP SP2 RC1, which new security reg key to change?
Hi all, Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the first page, the window hangs. Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or other security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it. Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right one? Thanks Rich Hi: Is this in the browser client or SFO client? If it's the browser SP2 includes a pop-up blocker and such blockers break the CRM functionality...you can disable the new IE pop-up blocker (it's on by default) by opening IE and clicking Tools->Pop-Up...

What is the name of the default template
What's the name and where can it be found? Thanks Xl's default template is internal. If you save a workbook as a template, named "Book.xlt" in the XLSTART directory, that template will override the default template and be used for creating future workbooks. In article <#i1Z7b1hDHA.2496@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote: > What's the name and where can it be found? Thanks > > ...

Save as Pub 2000 by default
Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default. Such as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document without having to select save as a pub 2000. If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as a default you are going to get. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6FE6CA-6DDA-4E...

Print quality
I have one line of print within a text box that does not print the entire characters in the line. It is as though a tiny eraser line is horizontally drawn through the middle of the entire line. It is occuring on only one line in the text box (not the top line or the bottom). I don't know what to call this as my computer vocabulary is limited--hope someone understands. I am using an HP deskjet 450. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from J. Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have one line of print within a text box that does not...

Set default path for doc compare?
This might apply to other Word tasks, but right now I need to compare pairs of documents in different folders. The path has 7 nodes on a network drive, and the default is to show "My Documents", so it wastes time to keep specifying the path. Every so often the system seems to remember the path that I need (don't know why this would be intermittent), but how do I set it as a default? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200912/1 Addendum to my note: I used Tools&...

need to print personal checks with preprinted checks excel, word
i have versacheck software that is missing a file. would like to get away from dependency of other software and use excel or word 2000 software. is there a template that i can use as is or modify? thank you. such templates can only be provided by the check makers. however, what you can do is to make multiple copies of the pre- printed check forms to use for experimenting with designing your own template in word, excel or access. my suggestion would be to use excel because you can resize columns with ease. plus with a some formulas, you can also keep a tally of t...