Thanks for the help again.
Big thanks to Steve you've got me this far.
I went out and bought a book, but it's like reading a
foreign language.

I was informed today that I can't have message boxes come
up.
I need to have the code point at the cells and if they are
blank turn which ever one is blank red or if both are then
both turn red then pause for each cell to be filled in.
Cell F14 "Last Name" then automatically go to Cell
F16 "First Name" on tab or enter.
Basically if Cell F22 or F23 has an X in it, Cells F14 an
F16 turn red and cell F14 has the focus they fill in there
Last name and hit the tab key or enter and it jumps to
Cell F16 they fill in there First name and then it resumes
normally. If Cells F22 or F23 is unchecked or the X is
removed the cell goes back to white.
Here what I have been trying to make work. I really need a
similar thing to happen in other places on the spread
sheet also, but if I can get this stuff to work I will be
able to experiment and modify the code to work else where
I hope.
PLEASE HELP

    If Target.Address = "$F$22" Or Target.Address
= "$F$23" Then
        If UCase(Target) = "X" Then
            If (Range("F14")) = 0 Then
                Range("F14").Interior.ColorIndex = 3
                Range("F14").Select
              End If
        End If
    End If

If Target.Address = "$F$23" Or Target.Address = "$F$22"
Then
        If UCase(Target) = "X" Then
            If Len(Range("F16")) = 0 Then
                Range("F16").Interior.ColorIndex = 3