Changing Average - Ongoing for Excel 2007

I am hoping someone knows a formula to help me.

I enter the info in column C each week. D is the average over 5 days,
and E is the percentage of the goal (1392/day) per week.  I would
like the total at the bottom of D to automatically change without
having to go to the total of D and change the divisor. (In this example,
the divisor of the total of the numbers in D is 6. When I input the
numbers for 2/13/10, I will have to change the divisor to 7.)

After 13 weeks I will have 13 rows of data, with the average for each
column. I do this by quarter to eventually have the average over 52
weeks.

I need to have the average recalculated each week.

Is there a formula I can use that will update the average each week
when I input new data?

       A               B                C                D
       Date         Daily#       Wkly actual   Actual daily
                                                          Average

1)   1/2/2010      1392       6,037	         1207.40	86.74%
2)   1/9/2010      1392       5,918	         1183.60	85.03%
3)   1/16/2010    1392       6,022	         1204.40	86.52%
4)   1/23/2010    1392       7,065	         1413.00           101.51%
5)   1/30/2010    1392       6,096	         1219.20	87.59%
6)   2/5/2010      1392       6,885	         1377.00	98.92%
7)   2/13/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%
8)   2/20/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%
9)   2/27/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%
10) 3/6/2010      1392		              0.00	  0.00%
11) 3/13/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%
12) 3/20/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%
13) 3/27/2010    1392		              0.00	  0.00%

AVERAGE:          1392       6,227.60       1245.52	 89.48%

Thank you.

Excel 2007 PivotTable
All new layout.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gjktwymty4t/02_09_10a.xlsx

0
Herbert
2/9/2010 8:15:40 PM
Thank you very much! :)

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

> Excel 2007 PivotTable
> All new layout.
> http://www.mediafire.com/file/gjktwymty4t/02_09_10a.xlsx
>
> .

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a way to access and/or change the Keywords metadata for Excel and Word (Office 2004) without opening the application? I had a programmer write a program that accesses and changes the keywords metadata (without opening the application) for Microsoft Office 2008 files, iWork files, RTF files, PDF files, and a couple of others. It works great (and it only adds 1 second to modified data - so essentially there's no change - the 1 second is so that Chronosync will see the change.) Anyway, my programmer is now una...

change the default font for Comment
Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment function to Arial 9pt? Thanks, Randy Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rduncan wrote: > Is there a way to change the default font for the Comment > function to Arial 9pt? > > Thanks, > Randy ...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

Excel in a Tablet Question
A friend has a tablet with excel on it. He is able to draw object in excel. I wanted to used the macro recorder to record the steps he used, and it doesn't record any hand drawn operations such as drawing circles, lines, arcs. Does any one know I we can record those operations??? That would help me in writing VBA code to check the objects color and determine if it needs to be visible or invisible. Thanks, Gary You can record the selection of the completed object (Oval 5 here), and the setting of it's properties, as: Sub CheckShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 5"...

Auto macro in Excel help
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to display first and is there a method to display the current user name which updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its on a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box that auto changes without it having to be clicked. Sub logontest() Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate Dim x Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network") Dim u u = x.UserName 'up...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

Office 2007 - HELP

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

how do i find data in multiple sheets in excel
I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? From the Edit menu, choose "Find", click the "Options>>" button to extend the dialogbox to show the advanced options. In the "Within" dropdown list, choose "Workbook". Regards, Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Karline" wrote: > I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work > book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? Edwin's resp...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

Stacked bar chart with totals
Hi everyone, I have a stacked bar chart with 8 items associated with the stacked chart. What I want is, is there a way to get the total amount for each stack and display it at the top of each bar? Like a regular bar chart does. This would be awesome if someone has some sample code or a add-in! Thanks! From another thread - Jon wrote "Make another series that represents the totals you want to display. Add this data to the chart as a new series. At first this series will appear as a new column stacked on the rest. Select it, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Line chart...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
I just got Excel 2007. I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel. One of the fields being exported is an identifying number. It is coming accross as 2.00309e+006. I can't get it to look like a regular number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places. I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as well. Please help. Thanks, Jennifer When Excel se something like 123E5 it reads this as 123x10^5 So your identify 'number' is being read as a number not a text Any chance of changing the SSRS file so that field looks like text...

How do I open excel book on another computer using same excel pro
I created an excel workbook using office 2003 on my computer and when i took it to another computer using same excel prgram 2003 I could not open the book it only opened the first sheet. i emailed it to the computer and copied it to a cd and tried that. nothing worked. It should open on any machine from Excel 97 up. I would check that when you saved the workbook you did so as an 'Excel workbook' and not any of the other file types that Excel can save as, such as very old versions, csv, etc. These formats will only save a single-sheeted workbook. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft M...

LDAP users+groups and Outlook 2003/2007
Hello. I'm having an issue with Microsoft Outlook and LDAP-directory. I'm using LDAP with Samba (PDC) and bunch of WinXP workstations. Server itself is running Debian Etch, if that makes any difference. Everything runs quite smoothly, users can login with their own account and all. Now we're building an internal address book to maintain mailing-list(ish) for different user groups (ie. employees, management, office1, office2 and so on). WinXP workstations use Outlook for email and users can obtain individual addresses / accounts via LDAP just fine when writing an email. They can ...

How does the "Redo" function work in Publisher 2007?
Does it not work like it does in Word where you can "redo" the immediate action an unlimited number of times? My "redo" function in Publisher 2007 will only work after I've used the "undo" function and then only for the number of times that I used "undo" or control z. For example, if I used the undo function to undo the last 5 changes I made, I can then "redo" those 5 changes but no more. If I "do" something, and want to "redo" it a number of other times to other areas of my document, I cannot. The function is gra...

Changing picture resource
How would I go about changing the resource for a picture control in code rather than changing it at design time. Z.K. CStatic::SetBitmap should do it. A Picture control is a CStatic. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Z.K." <NoSpam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u$ivwyu1FHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How would I go about changing the resource for a picture control in code > rather than changing it at design time. > > Z.K. I thought about that, but would you not still have to add it to the recources prior to compiling. I want to do...

Excel Worksheet Cell Formatting
I can't seem to find how to indent the second and subsequent lines of text in a cell; also, how can I implement bullets in the text of a cell ? XL doesn't have advanced text layout functions. Use spaces instead. For bullets, directly enter your symbol of choice. In article <746501c4764e$802aed00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "John Butler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't seem to find how to indent the second and > subsequent lines of text in a cell; also, how can I > implement bullets in the text of a cell ? Agree that this is pos...

Exporting pivot data table into excel for different users in CRM
when a person trying to export static data to excel it is working fine,but when they try for dynamic pivot table data get exported into excel, however excel will try to connect directly to sql, if we provide specific username and its pw,it will work and connection is established while if we try for any other user it wont happen.This is I think due to domain problem. Appreciate if anyone has solution for it? Thanks & Rgds Niranjan ...